Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Now that I've watched S11 a few times:
First, I don't hate the Netflix seasons as much as a lot of the TPB army seems to.  I think after seven seasons and so many movies and specials, they had to start switching things up.  TPB always did this, from shuffling the authority from Lahey to Randy to Ricky, etc to introducing new elements, like puppets and lions and rock stars.  Change is vital to the TPB ethos.
Second, I didn't hate the celebs in the last season -- Snoop Dogg has never been better.
That being said, I thought S11 was good, very good, but not altogether better than previous seasons.  I just like having the boys around.
Third, I was glad several rumors, such as the reign of the bottle kids or the entry of Dice Clay, didn't pan out -- those were just the whispering winds of shit!
HOWEVER I will say this: They've jumped the shark with the venerable Jim Lahey.  This amazing character has been all over the map during his run in the TPB canon.  He's been an authoritarian, then a drunk, then a sober playing a drunk, then a psychotic, then a sane drunk playing sober.  He's been supervisor, assistant supervisor, out of the park, back in the park.  He's had a stroke, been on cocaine, freaked out and left the country.  He's been on the force and off, then back on and then off again!  He's been a loving father / mentor and a benign babysitter.  This season he was a sympathetic authority but not the antagonist (Randy's job this season) but wound up, as in the last few seasons, with the same trajectory: He starts off the season as a reasonable sober man and winds up a drunk lunatic.  Seems to me every season since 5 has followed this Lahey trajectory, though I'm not bothering to go back and research it.  The point is the same.  They've hit a dead-end on Jiim Lahey.  He's been everywhere and back again.  But change is what makes TPB vital, and they need to find some way to change Lahey and still keep him relevant.  I also missed J to the ROC, but I have to admit I did not miss Lucy at all.  I wasn't impressed with the fake new Lucy they tried to shoe-horn into that hockey mom role, but,  y'know, whatever.  Glad to see Leslie Dancer sitting this season out, but I thought Sam Losco was done too -- he seems like a relic in that role, and he just performs the same story function (the boys' personal medic) over and over again.  I repeat, CHANGE IS GOOD.
Season 11 Episode Discussion Threads / Re: Overall Season 11 Discussion
« Last post by Elle on Apr 16, 2017, 03:39 PM »
I loved the Season.  I am hoping in Season 12 they will have Lahey and Ricky get an actual DNA test proving Lahey is Ricky's father. Sam having mixed up the blood samples .   Maybe have Ricky's mother Tammy show up out of the blue after all these years and maybe she is related to Barb and Barb knew along where she was. I don't know.   I would like to see Lucy back.  Maybe have her having plastic surgery and making it big in LA  as an actress/model or something.  Lucy returns to  Sunnyvale only to take Trinity and little Mo back to LA.  Bring back J-roc as well.

Only my thoughts.  I am so looking forward to Season 12.   I have started to re-watch Season 1 to 11 again LOL.   Love the trailer park boys.   It is my favorite Canadian show.
Trailer Park Chat / Re: Filming locations
« Last post by Mavrick on Apr 13, 2017, 11:23 PM »
Thank you! I did not see the "frequently asked questions" I'm new here. Thank you for your reply.
Trailer Park Chat / Re: Filming locations
« Last post by DavidB_Bubbles on Apr 13, 2017, 10:48 PM »
A lot of your questions can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions Thread. Although kind of out of date. It is located here:

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

But a quick copy & paste of your question:

Where is the trailer park?

The show was shot in a real trailer park the first four seasons.

Season 1 was filmed in Sackville.
Season 2 was filmed in Dartmouth, by the Tuft's Cove Generating Station
(You can often see the 3 red and white stacks in the background)
Season 3 was filmed in Timberlea
Season 4 was filmed in Eastern Passage

All four of these were existing trailer parks in the Halifax-Dartmouth area of Nova Scotia, an East coast province of Canada.

For Season 5 and beyond they bought a plot of land and brought in some trailers to use as their own "trailer park" set.  It is located in Cole Harbour, just outside of Dartmouth.  Cole Harbour is where Mike Clattenburg, JP Tremblay and Robb Wells are from.  It is also the hometown of the captain of the Stanley Cup champions Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby. The set is closed to the public.  Update...the trailers are now gone from the set.
TPB #3 was a trailer park in Harrietsfield.
Season 8 and 9 are using a park in Truro, NS.

Update: Now I believe but not 100% sure that season 10 & 11 were filmed in the same Trailer Park in Truro, N.S.

Trailer Park Chat / Filming locations
« Last post by Mavrick on Apr 13, 2017, 10:33 PM »
Something Iv'e been eager to know is where the first season through the fifth season where all filmed. What parks to be exact.
Trailer Park Chat / Re: TPB Out of the Park : Europe
« Last post by shake on Apr 11, 2017, 10:16 AM »
I watched it all and I have to agree with some of what you guys have said already.
Yes it is seemed ridiculous that Swearnet, who really is the boys, would make their TPB characters look like pussies for not throttling that Swearnet guy and taking his money, or just for the fun of it. He had it coming!  They also made themselves look like cunts with the pissing on the CSN guys' clothes and giving that troll thing a wedgy.  Of course though the characters not being likable anymore is nothing new.

All that aside I have to say overall I did enjoy it, even more than some of the later seasons.  I liked just watching the boys being the boys, no crazy arcs where Lahey is trying to kill them or whatever, I enjoyed watching them and was even interested in seeing what would happen next.

I agree seeing Forsberg and Tikkanen was cool.  I am just wondering though if Forsberg was always shooting from that distance why didn’t Ricky come out and cover the angles :)  I actually would have liked to hear more stories from Tikkanen, that Edmonton Oilers team was the great team of all-time!

I had seen the clips of Ricky retching and thought it was gross too, but when I saw it in the show I couldn’t help but laugh.  Also the karaoke scene where when Bubbles sang falsetto it freaked Ricky out since he thought Conky was taking over Bubbles, I loved that! I found several things funny, I enjoyed watching it.

I would like to see more stuff like this.  If they do need tasks to get the story going just have more reasonable, yet still funny tasks.  I agree the idea of them starving was silly.
« Last post by moncton velvet smooth on Apr 11, 2017, 12:59 AM »
  Well, I hooked up with Netflix to see season 11 and finally got around to watching Out of the Park, too. In the past I would have never waited that long to see a TPB project, but somehow I didn't have the bar set too high for this.
  Aaaand, it wasn't all that hot. I took several nights to get through it and probably won't watch it again. Not a whole lot of laughs. And I really got tired of them starving. Seems like they would find a way to make money beyond what stupid tasks the Swearnet dick give them. And seems like people would just give them food, liquor and dope. If season 2 comes to Detroit, I'm saying right here I will buy those fuckers food. They just need to go into the Traffic Jam at 511 W. Canfield and tell those bastards to put whatever they want on KJ's tab.
   That Swearnet guy sure was a cock, too. He was really good at it, but I half expected him to get knocked out, set up with a tranny hooker or some such other comeuppance.
   For once I was glad to see Sebastian Bach. He was actually really funny and the fact that wasn't even his boat was the kicker.
    I enjoyed Ricky being so mad/confused about the language barrier, too. Just didn't understand at all. I liked the various reworkings of the theme song, too, but overall not much of a fan of this spin-off.
   I'm giving season 11 a second watching and will weigh in with all my brain thinkings about that when I'm done
Agree, i really liked the Lobster scene, it seemed like he ad-libbed that scene,it didn't seem scripted like so much of it? it flowed really well and was genuinely funny.

Anyway, here goes...

I think the boys have upped their game somewhat, some definite improvements this season but still a way to go.  I may go as far as to say that they have taken some of the feeback from here and Fb onboard??

Good points –
More mockumentary based like the old episodes, a definite plus.

Largely doing away with the lame celebrity appearances that dogged the last few seasons

More focused around the boys and their exploits, which was great to see finally.

Stopped the season long changing of the park into a retirement home,bar etc etc.

Managed to cope well with the loss of Lucy and J-Roc

Overall, some really positive improvements, I wasn’t utterly disappointed as some people seem to be.

Bad Points -
Much more mockumentary needed, I cant say this enough. You can’t change the basic format of the show and expect it to remain funny.

Ricky is still uber aggressive and hyper stupid. This just doesn’t work. It’s killing the character to the extent that I fast forward through his scenes. Bubbles needs to tone it down too, get back to season 1-2 type Bubbles where I believe he was at his funniest.

Im not sure I like the season long ‘one big caper’ the endless focus on creating the energy reducing weed drink was boring after a while. I think episode long storylines work best, continually changing the scam the boys are involved in keeps it fresher (though I concede they’d have to start hiring more writers to come up with 10 storyline per season)

Still too americanised and tailored to the Netflix audience. I miss the subtle Canadian humour. For example, I really liked the gag  (in episode 1 I think??) where Ricky is being interviewed about getting his life together and then they cut scene to him smoking week from some vegetable pipe he has made. Really great stuff. Conversely, Ricky lying on a table screaming getting his ball sack glued back together, wasn’t really funny at all.

Why does everyone have to have a business?? What was the point of that phone repair shop? The Roc Pile could have been used to far better end in season 11, the phone shop was like a weight around their neck.

That Star Wars scene was overdone to the point it was cringeworthy. 

The stage props  still look over egged and unrealistic. The greatest bits of TPB are filmed in just a plain old trailer park, you don’t need the piles of garbage and broken patio furniture piled up everywhere. The part in (season 3 I think?)  where Ricky is found lying on the road passed out (link below) is a classic and hugely minimal prop wise, and works all the better for it. Get rid of the old school bus, get rid of the old shitty sofas lying about. It adds very little. Go back to basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM-7JOeC4ko

Overall Season 11 was OK but still not one I’m likely to re-watch anytime soon.  I’ll certainly keep going and tune in for season 12 as it is getting slightly better each time.
« Last post by shake on Apr 08, 2017, 09:49 PM »
I just started watching it now since I had to get Netflix to watch season 11.  I have to say I have liked it so far, they have been in London the whole, time and I am liking the dialogue.  They just met the monkey guy, it could get weird :)
Perhaps start an " overall season 11 discussion" thread?

I just created one. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10