Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
I signed up so I could pay my respects. A terrible loss and my heart goes out to his family and loved ones. A fine actor who lay motionless on that Milwaukee stage this summer, "dead drunk", for about 40 minutes and I swear he didn't move a muscle the whole time. The shit liner has sailed for the last time. Bon Voyage, Mr Lahey!
Damn, two Canadian Icons in one week.  Rest Well Sir..
Trailer Park News / More sad news: Gord Downie passes away
« Last post by shake on Oct 18, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Unfortunately more sad news, time has run out for Gord Downie.

This is a good article with some great video footage.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tragically-hips-gord-downie-dead-at-53-w504219
Trailer Park News / Re: RIP - A Place to Pay Your Respect For John Dunsworth
« Last post by gabety on Oct 18, 2017, 12:03 AM »
That's a good thing and what I and my friends will do at deer camp in November in the USA.  Every year we watched the TPB on DVD during camp. There will be a special commemoration for Mr. Dunsworth.
He made the show what it is today. It will never be the same. I'll miss him a lot.
But he's flying high.
In his honor, I'm gonna rewatch the entire show with all the extra movies on Netflix.

Rest Easy John.
Love you bud.
I came across a post one my facebook timeline from actress Emily Rose.. Aka Audrey Parker from the TV series Haven. Where John played the character Dave Teagues. If you haven't do so. Check it out. Good stuff.  The series is based on the Stephen King book series The Colorado Kid.

I was completely shocked when I heard the news yesterday. Life seems to be one shocking event after the next lately..... So much to process. John was an incredible actor, cast mate, proud father and friend. He epitomized the hard working, present, invested, joy-filled, child-like, talented, creative actor we all really hope to be. Every morning in the trailer he had jokes, questions, silly songs and just smiles all the way around. I feel incredibly blessed to have gotten to work with him for as long as I did, Nova Scotia’s heart is aching and everyone in our cast understands why. Miss you John, thank you for giving us YOU in the season of our lives where our paths crossed.
[/b]
Sad day, not just one of my favorite TV characters of all time - but clearly just an all around good man. I have my signed Shitictionary from him from a couple years back...I will treasure it more now.

Going to spend the evening watching a few eps. of TPB and drink 3-4 beers....on a Tuesday!.... Good Night John Dunsworth, you made millions laugh and smile many, many times. WHat better accomplishment is there?
genuinely upset by this. I've been marathoning the show since I heard last night with a whiskey in hand in honor of our fallen legend. Rest in Peace you magnificent drunken bastard
RIP
Devastating news, what a loss. A cornerstone of TPB, and by all accounts one of life's good guys. John set the gold standard for drunk trailer park supervision. Raising a glass to you tonight Mr Lahey. x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10