Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: F.A.Q.  (Read 2614 times)

Witch-Ho

F.A.Q.
« on: Dec 22, 2004, 07:43 AM »
Since the site is expanding (and our moderator(s) are so responsive) perhaps there should be a FAQ page, that we could refer new users to when they innocently ask things like "Who is Raveen?" etc....
We could let the posters add the answers to new questions so they only have to say it once.

hunnerbun

F.A.Q.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2004, 08:16 AM »
Good idea Witch-Ho.... I was thinking the same thing when the "Who is Reveen" thread started up...
My God...what a drunk horror show!

cat-dog

F.A.Q.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2004, 08:25 AM »
Sounds good to me..

Why don't we brainstorm in this thread, and I'll use those ideas to make an official post, which we can continue to update whenever needed.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Witch-Ho

F.A.Q.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Being American I had no idea who he was and had to ask that on the Showcase forum, no doubt annoying nearly everyone in the process.  That's why I used it as my main example.  I've come to find that most forums have those "my god I can't believe someone asked that AGAIN" questions.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
F.A.Q.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2004, 08:35 AM »
I like this idea too. The Queer as Folk forums on showcase had a thread up that was FAQs for new members, and people would just bump it so that it was visible all the time. I had been giving thought to starting a thread just like that on Showcase before it died. Obviously here it would be posted as a sticky or whatever so we won't need to bump it.

Another FAQ - "What park did they use?"
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

cat-dog

F.A.Q.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2004, 08:38 AM »
Quote from: Witch-Ho
Being American I had no idea who he was and had to ask that on the Showcase forum, no doubt annoying nearly everyone in the process.  That's why I used it as my main example.  I've come to find that most forums have those "my god I can't believe someone asked that AGAIN" questions.

That's what got me so cheezed at Showcase for deleting all the threads.. people would come in and ask questions that were answered previously, every day almost.. "are those bubbles real glasses?" "is the show filmed in toronto?" etc.. I used to answer them.. but after the 3rd week of deletions, and seeing one question posted a number of times before.. just told me I was wasting my time.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

RumNCoke

F.A.Q.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:36 AM »
This is a good idea that seems to have died before it was given a chance. I'm sure we can come up with more TPB FAQs. I call upon the veterans. :P

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
F.A.Q.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:45 AM »
sOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA(Whoops CAP lock)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: F.A.Q.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2010, 03:14 PM »
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0