Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Trailer Park Boys news?  (Read 4035 times)

Canuckguy

Trailer Park Boys news?
« on: Dec 21, 2004, 06:27 AM »
I was looking at the front page for trailerparkboys.org and noticed theres no section for current trailer park boys news...there should be a page with updates about the show and all the latest news.

cat-dog

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Unfortunately I lost the photoshop document I used to make the site in a hard drive crash.. so things have been pretty static for a while now. I'd love to change things, but I simply can't without doing up a brand new design.

I'll keep that in mind when I start working on something new though.

Just checked out the Official site.. and their last news posting is April 6th, 2004 (When their new site opened before Season 4) - You'd at least think they'd be a bit more on top of things over there.. LOL

cheers
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

JulianRocks

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2004, 08:17 AM »
I hear ya cat-dog. I check their site frequently to see if anything new is written there......but nothing new. :(

bigbenjamin

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2004, 12:30 PM »
They sometimes send me emails with news items and even a couple of pre-release bits about the xmas show, etc. Dunno why . . i had some semi-friendly contact with "D." -their struggling mod . . :roll:

Becca

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Well, this news item was in the National Post today .. but to us fans, it will be old news.

There was a time when Bob and Doug McKenzie were the sum total of all you needed to know about the Great Canadian Hoser. But thanks to their abnormally high fertility rate, hosers have multiplied like rabbits from coast to coast over the past generation and especially over the past few years. It's hard for anyone to keep up -- especially since The New Hoser is no longer immediately recognizable by his flannel shirt and toque.

With Trailer Park Boys winning its first best comedy award at the Geminis last week and Les Bougon the most-lauded comedy at Quebec's Gemeaux television awards last month, the archetype of the loveable loser has never been so popular in both of Canada's official languages. To bring you up to speed, the National Post surveys modern Canadian culture's most vital hoseheads.

- - -

Names: Julian, Ricky and Bubbles

Species: Trailer Park Boys

Habitat: The Sunnyvale Trailer Park, near Halifax

Call of the Wild: "Smokes, let's go" and many expletive-laden sentences unsuitable for a family newspaper.

Characteristics: This cult comedy -- first a low-budget film in 1999 and then a low-budget television series from 2001 onwards -- is a mock documentary that centres around a mobile-home community on the outskirts of Halifax. Both Julian (John Paul Tremblay) and Ricky (Robb Wells) long to escape a life of petty crime and grow-ops, but the lure of "Freedom 35" and hashish is strong and they invariably end up arrested and shuttled back to the hoosegow (hosergow?) at the end of each season. Meanwhile, the slightly less larcenous Bubbles (Mike Smith), the heart of the trailer park, spouts profane Platonic (not "plutonic," as Ricky believes) philosophy from behind his inch-thick glasses and cares for his many cats. As spiritual heir to the hoser throne, Bubbles is often to be found wearing the traditional tartan (plaid) and adores Rush so much that he once kidnapped Alex Liefson (in an episode in which the guitarist played himself). All three characters get bonus hoser points for having appeared in a Tragically Hip video with Don Cherry.

Trailer Park Boys, which airs on Showcase in Canada and BBC America in the United States, finally went legit last week when it beat out CTV's highly rated and hoser-heavy sitcom Corner Gas for the best comedy Gemini.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/artslife/story.html?id=d317af65-ed64-4b14-9cb3-63184f13257e

It's good to see that The Boys are mentioned - well deserved.

Cheers,
B.

cat-dog

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2004, 01:02 AM »

As spiritual heir to the hoser throne, Bubbles is often to be found wearing the traditional tartan (plaid) and adores Rush so much that he once kidnapped Alex Liefson (in an episode in which the guitarist played himself).

It's too bad most reporters still get things confused, and mix the boys up.. especially with such a large reading audience. I wonder if Lifeson was spelt wrong in the actual printed paper too..
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

JulianRocks

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2004, 05:52 AM »
I noticed that right away too cat-dog.  :wink:  I'm glad that they were mentioned in the paper though. I had checked the Chronicle Herald the day after the Gemini's and didn't see the boys in the paper. Mentioned everyone but them and I thought that was terrible considering that the Chronicle is a Halifax paper and the boys are from the area......TERRIBLE!!!!! :evil:

Becca

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Yeah, it sucks cat-dog and JR - I noticed the error too.

I have digital cable so I have the opportunity to click on a channel and then see the show's description and there have been more than a  few times when I click on Showcase to watch TPB and the description of the show mistakes Julian's character with Ricky's which really annoys me.  I know it might seem petty but it still pisses me off.

Cheers,
B.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2004, 06:34 AM »
Quote from: cat-dog

As spiritual heir to the hoser throne, Bubbles is often to be found wearing the traditional tartan (plaid) and adores Rush so much that he once kidnapped Alex Liefson (in an episode in which the guitarist played himself).

It's too bad most reporters still get things confused, and mix the boys up.. especially with such a large reading audience. I wonder if Lifeson was spelt wrong in the actual printed paper too..

I am pretty sure :wink: that Bubbles did not kidnap Alex. Do these guys watch the show or just write what they hear around the water cooler?
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Holy_Fack

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:28 AM »
that's crappy if that's canadian news reporting... americans are still really uneducated on this great show and the media in general.  And as for another example, there is barely any mention of Trailer Park Boys online, especially when compared with the regular garbage shows.  these things will have to pick up if i am to give up the belief that the show is underated.
"Exactly... get 2 birds stoned at once!"

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:04 AM »
The worst errors I've ever seen with TPB articles was on the main page of BBC America. Does anyone remember what the hell they were talking about i their descrition of the show? Something about the boys living in Spryfield and loving fast cars?
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

cat-dog

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
The worst errors I've ever seen with TPB articles was on the main page of BBC America. Does anyone remember what the hell they were talking about i their descrition of the show? Something about the boys living in Spryfield and loving fast cars?

haha yeah, that was classic SPRYFIELD, & fast cars.. hahah

Holy_Fack

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Holy_fack!
"Exactly... get 2 birds stoned at once!"

Canuckguy

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2004, 07:03 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid

hahahah yah I emailed them a hateful letter when I saw that lol...  they changed the spryfield or whatever to sunnyvale but left the fast cars part in heheh.

Canuckguy

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2004, 07:04 PM »
hey cat-dog I was thinking maybe you could post recent TPB news in the "SITE NEWS" section of the front page...would work good and you wouldnt have to do any changes.

You could make me a mod and I could update it often with news! :D
Id love to do that!

cat-dog

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2004, 09:02 AM »
Quote from: Canuckguy

You could make me a mod and I could update it often with news! :D
Id love to do that!

I'm really not looking for any mods right now, like I told you already. Making you a mod on the forums doesn't give you any access to change anything on the rest of the site either.

If there was any TPB news, worthy of posting, I wouldn't have a problem posting it myself. There just really isn't a whole lot of news about the show..

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Also, Canukguy, you can update us with news as often as you like without a mod position! ;)
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Canuckguy

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2004, 05:42 PM »
hahaha ok  :cry:   later.

Fork Master

• http://www.beerhockeysex.com
Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:03 PM »
If you make a Trailer Park Boys news page, you'll also need an RSS feed for the news. ;)

Saucy Bastard

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Hey ,Fork Master , welcome to the Park!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

cat-dog

Trailer Park Boys news?
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Quote from: Fork Master
If you make a Trailer Park Boys news page, you'll also need an RSS feed for the news. ;)

Shouldn't be a problem, I've already got a RSS feed of the latest forum postings available @ http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/rss.php :)