Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official TPB Special discussion thread "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys"  (Read 72532 times)

Vancouver

LOL the baby!! Looks just like a mini Randy. Did he call that baby Randy??
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Raveen420

LOL the baby!! Looks just like a mini Randy. Did he call that baby Randy??

Yup

Delta Shit Hawk

That was worth the wait.

Lahey actually pissing himself in the washroom of the Blandford Rec Centre...that was FACKED!

Too bad no Corey and Trevor...but J-Roc was TIGHT!!
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 02:41 AM by Delta Shit Hawk »

gmoneystyles

actually yeah Im an idiot, it was the entire tragically hip cast, I mistook the guitarist for the camera dude from "jim lahey is a drunk bastard and he always will be". sorry, I got mashed for the finale.

Poisonhearts

Finally watched the episode and I agree that is was awesome. I'll have to re-watch it tomorrow in order to catch some of the humor I'm sure I missed, I'm pretty tired.

THEFUCKINMAN

WOW, this special was fuckin crazy man....  And dont worry folks the movie comming out next year is going to continue from where this special left off so it's not the end yet.

asqwanka

A great special, not the best of the TPB Ive ever seen but it was great nevertheless. Deffinatly the best TPB Ive seen since Season 6. Ricky giving Randy a bath was just fucking hillarious, damn it was nice to see the boys in action again. And im sure itll be even better if I watch it a second, thirth, ..., tenth time. :)

trice

I kinda missed the old theme music though  :ricky:

Wolfman
Oh Noes..I love the theme music!!! I haven't seen it yet, a special person just hooked me up ..thanks you :hugs:. I have off tomorrow..I'll watch it then..the reviews for this are bitchin' :dancing:

RadBunny

i think the best part was when julian was lifting the cinder block in prison. lmfao

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
...It may just be all the glue I've been sniffing... (I've been watching some 'It's Always Sunnyvale in Philadelphica' lately and got the idea) ...  :roll:

...but.... did I see Bubbles with wings on his back and he was strangling Carrot-Top?!??? :ricky:

Or was that just Jim Nunn wearing a wig?  :lol:

P.S.

The camera shots were awesome; everything from Bubb's bike-cam to the broken glass camera at the end. afuckin'a splendidous!

"Let the count-down to liquor day commenscerate!"  :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 03:40 AM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

evilbubbles

oh my fuck that was the greatest episode ever!!!  It is ON Lahey!!  It is the countdown to liquor day boys and the shit storm is brewing!! SHITAPOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit machine gun

I dl'd it this morning in under 10 minutes.  Gonna rewatch it again tonight, tomorrow and maybe again after that.

There's no way the camera men would be back to shoot anymore documentaries after getting beat down the way they did.  But you know what, they could have given the boys a heads up.  Ricky was right.  Camera dicks.

Was Randy greasy from working the Dirty Burger?  That stain on Julian's chair in the trailer was god awful.  Even right through his grease stained white pants which are now yellow.

More to come.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Cyrus #1

Awesome episode - very greesy!!!

Glad to See Cyrus back ... they had to have him in it to make it a classic - he's been there since episode one and is obviously my fav bit character! He's always saying "Fuck Off I got work to do" and I always wondered what kind of Greesy work Cyrus was doing on the side and last night when the money came out he said "Come on ladies, time to go to work" or something to that extent ... fuckin' hilarious. 3 cheers to Anthony Robichaud for doing a great job in all his appearences - if he ever reads this maybe he can post a link to a website where he might have info on what else is going on with his career, past projects and what we can expect from him in the future - Always glad to support Canadian talent!!!

Can't complain about the special. Glad to see it going out on a good note - the movie will be entertaining .... I'm assuming it'll be a continuation of this episode because the movie is currently titled 'Countdown to Liquor Day' and Lahey's last words was that the countdown was on ..... Julian finally showed some rage - curling cinder blocks!!!

TPB is known for its great quotes but Bubble line of "Let the man have whats left of his dignity" was the line of the night for sure!!

Congrats to all the staff for a wonderful epidose that did not disappoint!! Thank you for all the great memories over the years and I look forward to the new movie, seeing you guys on tour and seeing future endeavours that Clatt and the rest of the cast do in the future - Keep the .org nation informed!

Now Fuck off - I got work to do!

Shit machine gun

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Melba the Disco Queen

Already I feel like I can't remember everything; I hope they replay this special as much as they did the Christmas special after it premiered.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Raveen420

I (and the rest of us) forgot to mention 1 hilariously awesome thing. Can't believe noone mentioned this but:

Randy's "Liqour-sicles" invention  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how those taste.  :D

Jaystar

I really hope they decide to make a Season 8 after the Movie is released.

solmask

Just watched it can`t fault it in any way other than it was too short roll on the movie.

Raveen420

Who knows...they could in the future. *Shrug*

For all we know they could be just taking like 1-2 summers off to rest and relax (as haven't they filmed stuff every summer for the past like 7-8 years), then go from there.

One thing I was suprised @ was the amount of screentime Barb Lahey had. While obviously she is no major chaacter, I figured she'd be around a little longer in this special than she actually was. I figured they would have had her and Sam doing the "Caveman Conga" at the dance maybe.  :lol:

shake

Sam was in police custody at the time of the dance, maybe that is why Barb didn't go :)

Yeah they had a lot of characters in the special,  I guess they couldn't spend too much time on every one of them and still tell the story.

Shit machine gun

Ricky driving around on rims was funny, but those new ones he bought with Lahey's credit card were ridiculously awesome.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 10:36 AM by Shit machine gun »

I HATE Conky

Raveen420

Very true Shake.

I wonder why Thomas Collins wasn't there either. Considering @ the end of season 7 it looked he was beginning to try to warm up to people it would have been neat to see him. Plus I wonder what ever happened to Treena Lahey.  

Ricky-ism

• http://www.bobsagetisgod.com
I don't know, I wasn't entirely impressed by this "finale". I felt it being a bit too dramatic towards the end and overall rushed. The ending with Ricky and the rest fighting those people was just dumb, not Trailer Park Boys style at all.... they were too angry (in a non comedic way).

There were some nice segments though especially with the Randy bath and the balogna sandwiches. I wonder if this will lead into the Movie, if it doesn't then cancelling this show makes no sense.

I'll take it for what it's worth and I'm glad to finally see new material but I honestly thought this would have way more potential in humour. It seemed too "staged" and not just randomness like season 1-4. Enough of my complaining!
"Knock Knock Lahey"

"Whos there Ricky?"

"A fuckin' shitty fuckin' trailer park supervisor who hangs around with a big-gutted drunk elf who thinks he's gettin' us thrown back in jail but he can't 'cause he's got no evidence and he's dumb as fuck, and he's got this other thing goin' on in his head that's tryin' to... twirly around and... fuckin' get... different... FUCK!"

Alpine Lager

Great episode - loved how it felt like the original b&w movie.  Nice and greasy, just like Brother's pepperoni.  Lahey's bird was a bit offside - I didn't need to see that.  Good to see Cyrus back (I wonder if he ever fixed the paint job Bubbles gave him for his 'vette?  :bubs:
Fuck Off! I've got work to do!

Raveen420

He probably did. As that car was one sweet ride. The "creme du la creme" of the road for sure IMO.  :D