Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official TPB Special discussion thread "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys"  (Read 73848 times)

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
Yeah I know it has been a day late for me, but I fuckin' loved. What a way to go out with a bang and yes I think it is a set up for the movie. I can't fuckin wait but I am also sad that it is also the end of TPB. But as they saying goes, "All Good Things Must Come to End!" and classic TPB, they ended it on a high!!!

2 Smokes, Chicken Figure, Liquors to the Boys!!! Fuck Yeah!!!
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

MountainMax

I watched the show and PVR'd it for future viewing, even dl'd it on my laptop to watch when im out of town (along with all the other episodes)

I did enjoy it, however it's not true TPB fashion, and I never liked the ending, it's very linier i guess, but I loved all the back to the future references from J-Rock.

Can't wait to see the movie :)

rockin_a_gutsedo

god damn we have to wait another year for the movie
1 year of no new trailer park boys  :(

Cyrus TPB

Hope you all enjoyed the show or at least killed time viewing it. Mike Smith and I were at the Mansion watching it. Hope you liked the goofier side of Cyrus, I felt that Cyrus wouldn`t have shown up with two girls without being stoned or goofy and thats what I attempted to do while still having some of the original Cyrus identity. Usually he is all about business and I felt this was totally different for him and required another dimension. Thank you all for your thoughts and I appreciate you taking the time at that hour(at least on the east coast) to stay up for the premier.

RadBunny

I think we all agree it was a great job Bernie. We had the show up on the big screen down at the loving cup (our local bar) after it closed last night, around 4 am. When your character showed up at the door on the show the entire bar erupted in a beat rendition of I'm old your young. We had to rewind the damn thing for a second it was pretty damn funny. But at least Cyrus went out with style, a broad on each arm and a joint in his mouth. I wouldn't have expected any less!

Dirty Dancin

That felt like coming home again. Loved it.  :blowkiss:

Since I live in Oklahoma, I guess you can call me CDD now...Country Dirty Dancin.  ;)

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 10:14 PM by Dirty Dancin »
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

evilbubbles

Yeah Bernie i lost my shit too when cyrus shows up but i knew it was you that lahey was on the phone to.  You owe me a beer because i dropped my from laughing too hard during the whole dirty dancing scene.  Loved it that you took cyrus out of that one dimensional tough guy character and explored another side of him.  :6paper: :beermug:oh and my new line is fuck off i got sittin' to do!!  fucking classic man

scoobysnack

Loved the special.  Everything about was great.  Too mucked up to write anything else at the moment.

Dirty Swish

Yeah Bernie,

Appreciate all the hard work you've put into the show, as did all my buddies.

The "F'k ooffff" was invaluable to our vocabulary over the years and we put it to good use.
Hope you are in the countdown along with the rest of the boys.

gmoneystyles

Bernie,

Not sure who made the call but it should have been Cyrus cast instead of Sonny in the Movie. Hopefully this wrong may be righted in the forthcoming release?

shake

Hope you all enjoyed the show or at least killed time viewing it. Mike Smith and I were at the Mansion watching it. Hope you liked the goofier side of Cyrus, I felt that Cyrus wouldn`t have shown up with two girls without being stoned or goofy and thats what I attempted to do while still having some of the original Cyrus identity. Usually he is all about business and I felt this was totally different for him and required another dimension. Thank you all for your thoughts and I appreciate you taking the time at that hour(at least on the east coast) to stay up for the premier.

Right on man, if that prick Lahey invites Cyrus to the singles dirty dancing party then Cyrus has to show up big.  You did it, two extremely hot blondes for dirty dancing purposes.  One of the best lines ever in any show, fuck off I have some sitting down to do.  You showed up big!

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Can anyone else see the odd coincidences with the special and this real article from the New York Times dated September 11, 1921?

...Lahey directs liquor raid on rose garden... officers arrest three on charges of violating liquor laws and improper [or shall we say 'dirty] dancing....

While I randomly found this article a couple months back I had actually not noticed these similarities until it was brought to my attention earlier today by someone involved with the show.

Improper dirty dancing, the liquor raid and the song "I never promised you a rose garden". As Ray would say.. "Fuckin' cooincidence, man." Crazy stuff.

here's a link to the full article: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9404E3DF153EEE3ABC4952DFBF66838A639EDE

Also here's the song if anyone wants it: http://rapidshare.com/files/171692314/09__Lynn_Anderson_-_Rose_Garden.mp3.html

I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine,
There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.
When you take, you gotta give, so live and let live,
Or let go.
I beg your pardon,
I never promised you a rose garden.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 03:17 AM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Oz

Being on the other side of the world, only got to download it 24hrs ago and just finished watching it.

Gotta say, the best I've seen of the boys  :D
Absolutely awesomer than ever before!!  :lol:

Let's go, smokes.

golfinwithflames

Geez, so many epic moments. To name a few;

Cyrus. Bernie, you really made the show, man. Cyrus' new-found sense of fun and "goofiness" opened up a whole new facet to the character and had me laughing my bwalls off.

Phil with your goddamned tie stuck to the floor. I'll bet they stuck the tie to the floor, let it sit over night, then had Phil, gut and all, get down onto the floor, where somebody tied the tie to his neck (could have been a clip-on) while still stuck to the floor.  :D

John Dunsworth could play King Lear! He's a fucking ack'n genius! And the way he was kissing everyone reminded me of old Bugs Bunny cartoons, where bugs would kiss his nemesis' on the lips right before something really bad happened to them.  :lol:

As many others have said, it felt like home. Absolutely loved it.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 08:41 AM by golfinwithflames »

Ricky-ism

• http://www.bobsagetisgod.com
to Rickyism...the best episode ever hands down.  But like in all forums there has to be that one guy who poo-poo's everything and thinks it could have been better.  Congratulations Rickyism you are that guy.  What the hell do you want them to do shoot the whole cast to the moon and do the special there?  Would that impress you??  I say all this because that was hands down the best 1 hour of television i have ever watched and you say that it wasn't good.  Man i am glad that i have simple tastes i guess.  shakes head and lights a 6 paper joint

It's called an opinion, look it up in a dictionary.

For the most part I did enjoy the episode, I just felt it could have been a lot better. This might be because I wasn't to thrilled about season 7 and I came in watching this episode with shaky expectations. Not everybody is going to love this episode to death. It will probably grow on me since I've only seen it once. I'm guessing they'll release this on DVD in the spring?
"Knock Knock Lahey"

"Whos there Ricky?"

"A fuckin' shitty fuckin' trailer park supervisor who hangs around with a big-gutted drunk elf who thinks he's gettin' us thrown back in jail but he can't 'cause he's got no evidence and he's dumb as fuck, and he's got this other thing goin' on in his head that's tryin' to... twirly around and... fuckin' get... different... FUCK!"

ronstick19

absolutely brilliant!!!!!

downloaded it last nite and im from ireland me and all my friends are big fans

especially ricky talkin at the start about the "deerts, those things that fly"

lahey's nicknames for randy!!!  randers!!!   Bandingo!!!!

ricky thinkin that julian wanted him to bang randy was also brilliant!

the countdown is on to liquor day!!!!!

Hydrant

Hi,

All in all it was a good episode. I felt they tried to do too much in one hour and it focused more on Lahey than the boys. I missed the usual Bubbles interview where he explains what's going on. Also I don't really buy the idea that Julian would fall for Lahey's trap and should know it was a setup. Just some thoughts:
Did they explain why Bubbles was leveling a plaque on the wall of Julian's trailer and measuring stuff? Also did Barb go to jail as an accomplice to Sam? Is that why Jim was able to re-name the Park? Why did Bubbles go to jail this time? Nobody knew he was bootlegging with Ray. Ray got busted because his name was on the bottles, but like what proof did they have that Bubbles did anything? The cops never took Lahey's word for anything before so why would they this time? they would always say, "Where's the proof?" Well where is it?

Shit machine gun

They were likely taken in for questioning, and who knows what would happen.  Rick could probably talk himself out but they were caught redhanded running the illegal dope, liquor and sandwich establishment.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

TPBfanuk

I obviously loved the special because it's a Trailer Park Boys special, bu it certainly wasnt the best episode ever, in my opinion of course. I thought Phil was hilarious! And great to see The Boys and Cyrus face up to each other again, Iv'e always wished that Julian will plant one on Cyrus, who knows, maybe he will in the movie!

It ended with the boys back in jail because it sets up a great movie. Lahey not only has Julian, Ricky, Bubbles and Ray to deal with, but also that dick Cyrus and that greasy Caveman Sam. But I feel that the final battle will be between the people from the park, and the people not from the park. Lahey, Randy, Julian, Ricky and Bubbles will all be on the same side come the end of the movie i think, but then obviously Ricky will tell Lahey to go **** hemself and everything will be back to normal. Cyrus and his gang(maybe new characters) will be the bad guys in the movie, and boys from the park stick together at the end of the day. (I hope)

I really enjoyed the special!  :beermug:  :6paper: :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :6paper: :beermug:

rockin_a_gutsedo

a good ending to the movie would be lahey, randy, cyrus and sam in jail, and ray and the boys all rich

trice

I finally got to see it..thanks to my dudes who helped me :hugs:. The one whose link worked :smooch:, the other who said 'I can Hook ya Up' [Pm's before and after etc.] :smooch:, and the one who downloaded everything and put it in a file for me..also exchanged IM's with me during the whole TPB Special..thanks babe :hugs: :smooch:. My review is I thought it was dope...9 smokes out of 10...IMHO, TPB is not the same without Cory and Trevor, so minus one smoke!

DARKPLACE

I watched it last night, after putting it off for as long as i could ( I didn't want to say goodnight to the bad guys  :(  )

But now I've seen it....
What a way to go out  :lol: :lol: :lol: ON TOP.

Well done to all involved...you did yourselves proud.

Kev R

It's been said because they got a little rough with the film crew and broke a camera that would be reason for the film crew not to return.

1.  One of the crew got shot while stealing the lawn tractor and nearly died, HE still wanted to come back as it was the best job he ever had.
2. I'm sure they understand the boys were upset in prison.
3. It's prob not to hard to hire another crew.

Oh and Julian has been paying these guys for a long time so I'm sure they're loyal to him.  Wonder how much he's spent on his documentory.  maybe if they finished it he could sell it and make some $crilla dude!

trice

One of the crew got shot while stealing the lawn tractor and nearly died, HE still wanted to come back as it was the best job he ever had.

LOL..Mrs. Peterson's Dog Gets Fucked up..one of my faves!

Saucy Bastard

Season 1 !  8) Watched that whole season marathon with my boys (alll except episode # 3  :shock: )a few days back....
Let's not forget the mishap when they're trying to kill Patrick's (?) dog in the pilot....
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?