Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official TPB Special discussion thread "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys"  (Read 72694 times)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Can you imagine if the special sucked really badly but one person really liked it? Everyone would be thinking WTF was this guy on when he saw it?
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Shit machine gun

Wait, there was a special?  When?  My fuck. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

emotionmachine

One more thing I noticed (at least I think I did) was that it looked like Ray lost a fair amount of weight! The first scene I saw him in at the dump, you could really tell in his face. Anyone else see this?

Jaystar

One more thing I noticed (at least I think I did) was that it looked like Ray lost a fair amount of weight! The first scene I saw him in at the dump, you could really tell in his face. Anyone else see this?

Yeah he has got alot skinner, and he changed his T-Shirt to a more smaller one.

asqwanka

Ye, I noticed that in the preview/trailer too. Wich was basically the start of the 1h special ;)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
I think that's why I didn't recognize him on the calendar. I think all the new 2009 calendar pictures were taken from the special shoot. A must buy 8)
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

evilbubbles

One thing that I noticed other than Trinity is HUGE now??(loved her last hamburgler shot at Randy)  was that there were thousands of awesome one liners in this one.  It had as many one liners in this episode(sassy, the whole back to the future thing with J rock, etc) as there were in the whole 7 seasons!!  My hats off to the writers because this was pure TPB all the way. I mean i have enough one liners to annoy my friends with for the rest of my life.  Fuck off i got sittin' down to do!!

KellyB

Funny seeing George and Ted sitting on the bench in jail at the end there. Surprised there was no Donny yelling at all in the show.

tyuiop

I think they will either make the movie based on the ending or make another season. THEY CANT END IT LIKE THIS!

The movie has got to follow on from the end of the episode!
Has anyone on the ORG had any conformation of this yet?

The whole "countdown" is too much of a coincidence for the two not to be link.
what you you guys think?
"then we can get two birds stoned at once" - Ricky

"He's the f*ckin' man they call... Reveen"- Conky

100AndThiryOneProof

Bubbles:  "I'm pulling this bitches hair!"

I'm fucking speechless at how out of this world greastastic the one hour special was!  It had EVERYTHING!  Except Donny yelling haha, but other than that it was a perfect way to end the best show out there.  I'm both sad that it's over, glad that it was one of the best episodes of all time and greasy after the experience.  Lahey better set a shitload of shit snares, because when liqor day arrives he's gonna get blitzed from every possible angle!

ps.  Love the part where Phil is getting his bolgny on, and wakes up in the morning pasted to the floor by bologny wax hahahaha!  What a greasy and sassy combination!

Also, I wonder if they used iced tea for Rays Good Liquor, because when Lahey revitalized himself in the women's washroom with it, I could have sworn it look liked maple syrup squirting out of that dishsoap bottle!

evilbubbles

and another thing...whatever awards they give out up there in magic heaven canada land, you need to make sure that John Dunsworth wins every fucking one of them.  From the awesome intro with the great new music to the academy fucking award winning performance in the bathroom of the Rec center.  I am in awe sir!

heavymetaldick

What a totally awesome special. Much different than the Xmas one.

It seems like the first special and up to before season 5 the show had a different pace. Slower action and the story was linear.

Season 5, 6 and especially 7 and this new special are all much higher (randy) paced. Theres never a dull moment and every character plays to the fullest.

J-Roc has become a way better freestyler I would say.

Lahey has reached a climax in terms of his character being any more fucked in the head. It would appear he was more in control last year. Right now he has a handle on things only slightly when really he goes with the liquor.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

Tiggy Puddin

what you you guys think?

Let's just say if you enjoyed the special, you'll love the movie! I'm not saying any more than that.   ;)

Chantal

Oooh! What about:

"I love you, Ran."
"I love you too, Mr. Lahey."

OMG! The fangirly part of me that has been a HUGE fan of the Lahey and Randy relationship since day one absolutely FREAKED OUT at that, because they have NEVER said it to each other!  :loveeyes:

Tiggy Puddin

Oooh! What about:

"I love you, Ran."
"I love you too, Mr. Lahey."

OMG! The fangirly part of me that has been a HUGE fan of the Lahey and Randy relationship since day one absolutely FREAKED OUT at that, because they have NEVER said it to each other!  :loveeyes:

That was quite a touching moment.

It reminds me of a comment a friend made after watching the show, she said she couldn't get over how "bi" everyone was on it. Nothing wrong with a bit of man love.  ;)

Chantal

It reminds me of a comment a friend made after watching the show, she said she couldn't get over how "bi" everyone was on it. Nothing wrong with a bit of man love.  ;)

Lol, I'll be completely honest and say that my favourite episodes are usually based on how much Jim and Randy's relationship is involved. Episodes like Where The Fuck Is Randy's BBQ are my favourites, because they really show their relationship moving forwards, and it's always so heartwarming to see them get back together whenever things go wrong. :P

They've been together since the start, and I'm really glad that they ended the show together!

TheFave

Yep, it felt like a bridge between the end se
ason 7 and the next movie although I have nothing to base it on but instinct.

I loved the special. The only think missing, of course, is Cory and Trevor. 

Dunsworth deserves an award for portraying the bitter drunk and the look on Julian's face when Randy got up from his chair... priceless.

Ricky wiping off Randy grease from baby had me in hysterics but once again, underscores what a sweet and sensitive man resides under the n'er do well.

Sam and Cyrus were true to themselves but I would have liked to have seen Terry, Mrs. Peterson, and more kitties.

I think they will either make the movie based on the ending or make another season. THEY CANT END IT LIKE THIS!

what you you guys think?

shitwizard

"Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys" wouldve set up a great season 8...

shake

Yes Cred the special was filmed the summer of 2007, the movie was filmed this summer.

cart girl

---battlestar gaWACKtica onion ring flux capacitor   
-----1.21 giggaguts
-----piss driblets, sir!   it's ok, randy, they'll dry.

SOOOOOOOO freakin funny!!!
not a note~!

Dirty Swish

New to the site, long time fan.

Me and all my buddies followed the show since high school and I look back now and laugh at all the good times we used to have partying and thinking we were exactly like the boys.

Being we all live in Alberta, but most of our families are from nova scotia and newfoundland so we could relate to all those shananigans.

Can't wait for the movie and hopefully it's a follow up to "bad guys" for all the die-hards like us.

Look forward to posting with you guys,

Swish

Phil Collins

One thing that puzzled me was this....

At the end of the episode (while in jail) Ray says something along the lines of "I got thrown in here for bootlegging. Only thing I know how to do and they lock me up for it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this episode marked the first mention of Ray's bootlegging expertise. All the rest of the series, his career as a trucker is mentioned. Really the only other bootlegging mention in the show, was during season 3 in the "Temporary Relief Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor" episode.  I'm assuming that Ray's bootlegging was just a hobby, but who knows. What do you thinks guys? :)

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing as I watched season 4 again over the weekend. Now I can't find which ep it was but someone mentions Ray's bootlegging and it made me think, hmm .. they never go into that. A lot of eps we don't see him but I think we're to assume he's doing something greasy ... like bootlegging I guess.
Keep your eye on the tiger.

trice

New to the site, long time fan.

Me and all my buddies followed the show since high school and I look back now and laugh at all the good times we used to have partying and thinking we were exactly like the boys.

Being we all live in Alberta, but most of our families are from nova scotia and newfoundland so we could relate to all those shananigans.

Can't wait for the movie and hopefully it's a follow up to "bad guys" for all the die-hards like us.

Look forward to posting with you guys,

Swish
Me too..Hi... :hugs:

trice

Hey ..guess what guys..Miss Fucktard here, hasn't seen it yet  :shock:'er huh? I tried everything..sorry to Mr. 'Special' who loaded it and sent it to me..Hun I can't access it! Thanks for all ya did for me! :smooch:. I iz pitiful... :shakefist: :cries: :cries: :cries: :oops:

scoobysnack

SOB wrong thread...
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 09:45 PM by scoobysnack »