Some great moments in this ep (There were a lot!)
- Phil's tie sticking to the floor the morning after the singles dance
- Randy got the baby all greasy and sweaty after holding him. Lucy's expression is classic.
- I nearly crapped myself when Leahy took his faceplant into the floor at the dance! John Dunsworth clearly gets the award for the best portrayal of a hopeless drunk -- I can't think of any actor, either amateur or professional who does it better.
- F*ck baloney sandwiches!
- Is Jim's bottle of Ray's Liquor Sauce in a dish detergent squeeze bottle? AWESOME
- The poor camera crew take the brunt of the boys' frustration, thus putting the kibosh on future documenting. Nice way to end it all.
There's a lot more, but I don't have time to list them all.
Does anyone else think/hope that the second movie out in the fall is going to pick up where this left off? I really hope so, because although I like all things TPB related, The Big Dirty is my least favourite, because it had nothing to do with the storyline of the series... Julian did say at the end of this ep that 'the countdown was on' which leads me to believe they may continue the plot with "Countdown to Liquor Day", or whatever it's going to be called... It was almost like Jim was challenging them to bring it on in the last scene... well here's hoping, anyway.
Sorry if any of this was covered in a previous post on the thread but I'm at work, and didn't have time to back-read... but I did happen to see someone lament at the absence of Cory and Trevor. I was kind of hoping that they would make some kind of cameo too, but realistically, Michael Jackson was certainly plain about his feelings with regard to being on the show, and it doesn't work with only Cory, so...
Good work boys! Looking forward to seeing you live in January!