Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official TPB Special discussion thread "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys"  (Read 72663 times)

Raveen420

One thing that puzzled me was this....

At the end of the episode (while in jail) Ray says something along the lines of "I got thrown in here for bootlegging. Only thing I know how to do and they lock me up for it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this episode marked the first mention of Ray's bootlegging expertise. All the rest of the series, his career as a trucker is mentioned. Really the only other bootlegging mention in the show, was during season 3 in the "Temporary Relief Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor" episode.  I'm assuming that Ray's bootlegging was just a hobby, but who knows. What do you thinks guys? :)

Alpine Lager

I would have thought that they would have finally revealed that Trinity is Julian's child.  It got really close to being revealed in  "Where in the Fuck is Oscar Goldman?" but I thought it may happen on this one.

Also - could they not have brought Cory and Trevor back?  At least the Alien Trevors were gone.

Classic line - a pre-emptive liquor strike - "PLS"
Fuck Off! I've got work to do!

Raveen420

One thing I would have liked to have seen (and now probably never will) is Ricky get his grade 12. Anyone else agree.  :lol:

Djet3k

• My Myspace
i have to admit after the movie & s7 my hopes werent too high, but boooy was i wrong!!

Fuckin hilarious!! randy had me on the floor laughing several times, his shirt beeing torn off, him beeing washed like a beached manitee the greass stain he left in the chair, jroc randy disses, phill the belony bastard ,seagals pecking at ray,ray washing himself in a container/trashcan? that towel lol, the ending in jail... all moments that kept me chuckling  

one or two minor points imo (jacobs storyline with sarah = zzz) but nothing that was easy to overlook

In the end everything felth way greassy and right:) maybe it was cause i havent watched em in a while too but it sure did feel like the good ol tpb days, nice to see the hip at the party:)

say gnight to the bad guys , almost sounds like a line tony montana would say

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008, 11:45 AM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Kev R

So Barb Lahey still owns the park and that is how Jim could put up the new sign right with the name Lahey Trailer Heaven?  Just lucky for him Barb shares his last name so it looks like its HIS trailer park. 

I don't think Ricky could get his Grade 12, remember he got his grade 11 in the States and said Learnings were easier there.

Vancouver

almost sounds like a line tony montana would say

mmhmm in fact that lines from Scarface. Stonechimes told me that  :D
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Jdub

I (and the rest of us) forgot to mention 1 hilariously awesome thing. Can't believe noone mentioned this but:

Randy's "Liqour-sicles" invention  :Lil: :Lil: :Lil: :Lil:

I wonder how those taste.  :D

That had me shrieking with laughter......pretty old school, Popsicle making at home....loved it!

This one had me laughing out loud alot.  Dunsworth is amazing.

I'm going to miss the boys.   :cries:

Vancouver

LOL!! you were shrieking  :lol:

"uh Mr.Lahey were gonna need more dry ice"
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Shit machine gun

You sure you weren't shreiking, "We're gonna need more Mr. Lahey Peen?"
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

golfinwithflames

I'm finally watching the special for the first time (at work) and oh my fuck........

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
I received word straight from Showcase today that they are sorry that people outside of Canada cannot stream the special off their website. They do not have the rights to do it with any of their video content.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Rappy

Torrent link please!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,9333.0.html

Try here Rappy or in the shoutbox. I think there were some links posted there too. Did you not see the special last night?
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

asqwanka

I received word straight from Showcase today that they are sorry that people outside of Canada cannot stream the special off their website. They do not have the rights to do it with any of their video content.
Fishy

To those who want to stream on showcase and arent from Canada, download proxyswitch for firefox and try a canadian proxy.

Here's a list, only a few work so...
http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-CA.htm

Im sorry if this illegal, I dont think it is so... :)

Rappy

Nope, I don't have cable, we barely use the TV.

Brophy

Loved it.
Nom Nom Nom

Melba the Disco Queen

I (and the rest of us) forgot to mention 1 hilariously awesome thing. Can't believe noone mentioned this but:

Randy's "Liqour-sicles" invention  :Lil: :Lil: :Lil: :Lil:

I wonder how those taste.  :D

That had me shrieking with laughter......pretty old school, Popsicle making at home....loved it!

This one had me laughing out loud alot.  Dunsworth is amazing.

I'm going to miss the boys.   :cries:

There was something in this scene that happened so quickly, that it may not have been purposeful, or it may have just been my twisted imagination, I'll have to see it again to be sure. Right at the beginning, Randy is standing in the background in profile, gut looking wonderful as usual, with Lahey sitting in the chair about to put the liquorsicle in his mouth; the placement of the red liquorsicle in relation to Randy's body in the background may have been suggestive, thinking of the liquorsicle as a phalic object. Only my dirty mind playing tricks on me? Probably. But we did see Lahey's bird, so anything is possible.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
That was it Melba :lol: Clatty is good with shit like that. That ties in with the discussion about whether Lahey was the liquour (licker).
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

brisco330

I am really pissed at the sound guy and the camera guy.  The boys were on CBC about 10 days ago and Ricky said that it was all their fault that the show was not going to continue.  He talked about the sucker punches that he threw and they threw  and that they just weren't cooperating and following the principal of "I'll shave your back and you shave mine."!

emotionmachine

Some great moments in this ep (There were a lot!)

- Phil's tie sticking to the floor the morning after the singles dance

- Randy got the baby all greasy and sweaty after holding him. Lucy's expression is classic.

- I nearly crapped myself when Leahy took his faceplant into the floor at the dance! John Dunsworth clearly gets the award for the best portrayal of a hopeless drunk -- I can't think of any actor, either amateur or professional who does it better.

- F*ck baloney sandwiches!

- Is Jim's bottle of Ray's Liquor Sauce in a dish detergent squeeze bottle? AWESOME

- The poor camera crew take the brunt of the boys' frustration, thus putting the kibosh on future documenting. Nice way to end it all.

There's a lot more, but I don't have time to list them all.

Does anyone else think/hope that the second movie out in the fall is going to pick up where this left off? I really hope so, because although I like all things TPB related, The Big Dirty is my least favourite, because it had nothing to do with the storyline of the series... Julian did say at the end of this ep that 'the countdown was on' which leads me to believe they may continue the plot with "Countdown to Liquor Day", or whatever it's going to be called... It was almost like Jim was challenging them to bring it on in the last scene... well here's hoping, anyway.

Sorry if any of this was covered in a previous post on the thread but I'm at work, and didn't have time to back-read... but I did happen to see someone lament at the absence of Cory and Trevor. I was kind of hoping that they would make some kind of cameo too, but realistically, Michael Jackson was certainly plain about his feelings with regard to being on the show, and it doesn't work with only Cory, so...

Good work boys! Looking forward to seeing you live in January!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Good post bud 8) I didn't catch the Phil tie thing until I watched it a second time. Looked like it was stuck there with mustard. Fucking brilliant comedy.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

rockin_a_gutsedo

The ending for the special that aired yesterday was prty awesome. I think that if they ended it like that there should be another season coming or at least have the second movie based of the ending. Lahey said the "shit circle" will come around again and he'll be ready. And Julian says something about a countdown. The second movie is Countdown To Liquor Day and i dont think that its a coincidence that julian said countdown. I think that when they really end trailer park boys there will be a "happy" ending. All the other seasons which ended with the boys in jail were not the last seasons they just kept making more. I think they filmed this special before they decided that there would be no more. I think they will either make the movie based on the ending or make another season. THEY CANT END IT LIKE THIS!

evilbubbles

to Rickyism...the best episode ever hands down.  But like in all forums there has to be that one guy who poo-poo's everything and thinks it could have been better.  Congratulations Rickyism you are that guy.  What the hell do you want them to do shoot the whole cast to the moon and do the special there?  Would that impress you??  I say all this because that was hands down the best 1 hour of television i have ever watched and you say that it wasn't good.  Man i am glad that i have simple tastes i guess.  shakes head and lights a 6 paper joint

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Buddy's allowed to not like something and express why on this board. Looks like he is the only one out of 5 pages of posts so take his opinion for what it is. Too bad he didn't enjoy it like the majority did.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

evilbubbles

you are right as always fishy.  everyone has a right to share their opinion.  just stunned at his i guess thats all.  whoa my joint went out again.  <<takes a big pull on my salad dressing bottle