Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: EXPLANATION FOR CANCELLING  (Read 20466 times)

Lost_Mainer

Re: EXPLANATION FOR CANCELLING
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 04:24 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK!!!! We just started getting this show here in Maine on the 101 network(Awesome Channel). I love this fuckin show and now your telling me its over. I cant beleive this shit. Everyone hates it in my family except for me and my 11 yr old son. Yes I said 11. My wife pitches a fit about him watching it but what the hell its real life shit, drugs alcohol and really funny shit. I guess I'll have to come to Canada in Oct. to watch the movie because I'm sure they won't play it here in the states.
I SAY LETS GO HARVEST SOME WEED AND GET BAKED OUT OF OUR FUCKIN MINDS AND FUCK EVERYONE ELSE. ALL YOU TPB HATERS GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS SITE AND GO FUCK YOURSELF. :6paper: +:beermug:+ :shock:=THE BEST FUCKIN SHOW EVER. TRAILER PARK BOYS.
"Your the reason Rick, Your the fuckin reason." Lahey
"Oh yeah Ricky that's no problem! I'll just switch those off and maneuver this giant FUCKIN' truck down a little narrow road in the black." Bubbles

Lost_Mainer

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 08:17 PM »
I need to correct my earlier statement about it being in season 7 over here on the 101. After some research I figured out it is season 4 because cory and trevor are still in it and they are growing to weed, and the cougar is in it. I hope they will show the rest. Well I still have a few to watch that are new to me. I'm truely sorry for you who have seen all seven seasons.
"Your the reason Rick, Your the fuckin reason." Lahey
"Oh yeah Ricky that's no problem! I'll just switch those off and maneuver this giant FUCKIN' truck down a little narrow road in the black." Bubbles

Sonny Vale

« Reply #52 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:55 PM »
GypsyGirl is right.

Never jump the shit shark!

dicknweed

« Reply #53 on: Aug 06, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I'm wondering WHY  :o none of the Boys seem to be doing any touring in the U.S.A.?  Surely they must realize how the fan base is growing down there, even IF the show is over; so what. Direct TV101 (or whatever in the F' its called) still has a few seasons to show yet, and a lot of Americans still haven't been "Edumacated" in Trailer Park 101 yet!  :lol: You folks South of the border have to make some noise and tell them to get their arses down to L.A., New York, Louisianna or whever you fans are! There's a lot of cash to be made down there, I'm sure.  :) Anyone South of the 49th, Speak up now or forever hold your peace!  :roll: DNW  :bubs:
ps: I've seen em all in person and they are WELL worth seeing.

walterx2

« Reply #54 on: Aug 07, 2009, 09:51 AM »
They are done. The show is over and they want to move on to different things. Just read on here yesterday that all of the shows (Randy & Lahey, Community Service Tour) are winding up after the movie shows. Stick a fork in them, they're done.

Maybe if the DirectV showings had been a couple of years ago they might have been able to build some momentum to extend/expand the show. Too little, Too late.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

ucrdoh

« Reply #55 on: Aug 10, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Let it be, 10 years is a very good run, can't keep everything going, I liked it, I got into it late, almost everyone I show it to, loves it, and wants to watch it all.  So with the show so underground, i can introduce it to a lot of people new, all the time it's great  :julian: :bubs: :ricky:

jbandit92

• Facebook Profile
« Reply #56 on: Mar 06, 2010, 06:28 PM »
How is countdown to liquor day ending on a high note?  Sure it was a pretty good film but they Destroyed sunnyvale trailer park!! That's like not only ending the show itself but it ends any chance of  restarting the show unless there is some way they rebuild it in real life and in the show. In my opinion the ending of Trailer Park Boys is extremely sad, they could have at least kept the trailer park intact, I don't care that they didn't get to retire though and get rich because that would also mean that they would stop doing get rich schemes and such. My soul was crushed when I found out it ended with sunnyvale being destroyed!!!
The Sweaty Bitch was High!

hashdriveway

« Reply #57 on: Mar 06, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Since this topic has risen to the surface I guess I'll put in my 2 cents: Let's focus on all the good times, for almost a decade the cast and crew created something that I honestly love. Even though  am saddened by the end, these guys don't owe us anything. We cant force them to amuse us forever. Life goes on, I'll continue to watch each episode over and over again but I'll also find new forms of entertainment from other sources (and hopefully some from the TPB alumni). Instead of asking "what have you done for me lately?", lets thank them for altering our lives for the better. I think the best thing we can do now is get drunk, get high, commit a few small crimes and love our friends and family.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2010, 11:21 PM by hashdriveway »

jbandit92

• Facebook Profile
« Reply #58 on: Mar 07, 2010, 01:05 AM »
I think they should have had a more ambiguous ending that would have suggested they would have continued their lives as usual. Otherwise I really liked Countdown to Liquor day and the one hour special with the singles dance or w/e it was called.  I would like to add that I think it is weird that they are ending the series just as it is really gaining popularity, it is especially becoming popular here in the united states. I think they could have definitely made a couple more seasons. They made what? 55 episodes? and they are only 22 minute long episodes. That is actually not very many. That is barely enough for good syndication. At least what they did make is very high quality. If the show had been on the 101 network on direct TV from the beginning it would have had a much broader fan base here in the united states. I think they are going to regret stopping the show when they start getting bugged by all the Americans that are angry the show is ending just as they got interested in it. I personally would glady pay for a show like this on Showtime or HBO. All in all the best TV show I have ever seen and quite possibly the best show on television.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #59 on: Mar 07, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Interesting points, jbandit! Myself, I felt that the ending was pretty ambiguous in that there wasn't a big "Everyone gets rich... The End!" finish. The boys ended up in jail. They will get out, commit more petty crimes, go to jail again, the cycle will continue, just without the cameras there.

In a way I'm glad the show is over. I don't want them to bring it back just because it's getting popular in the US, that's not the right reason for doing it. I think it was Clattenburg who said "Fuck money!" when asked if the show would come back because of its gaining popularity. It doesn't matter if 100 million people suddenly love it, or 10 people do, the show finished when it was time. Fuck money indeed.

At least we have seven seasons, the specials and the movies... and more good things to come from former TPB alumni. Now that's exciting.  ;)

hashdriveway

« Reply #60 on: Mar 07, 2010, 09:25 AM »
I used to wish that HBO would pick up the show here in the states but I'm pretty sure that would have taken away from the low budget, homemade feel of the show. Much like why we have life on earth, TPB was so good because every little factor worked together just perfectly including actors, script, setting, props, filming,etc. If one detail threw off the balance too much, the show may have gotten really fucky.  It seems like Clattenburg kept complete creative control throughout and in this day and age that is priceless.

jbandit92

• Facebook Profile
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2010, 01:41 AM »
thats right hashdriveway... the thing that makes the show work is not each individual member of the show but how well they interact on screen, sure they could each go off to do their own projects but I doubt they could ever achieve as much greatness as they could together. Even when what some people would consider tertiary characters like Cory and Trevor left the show, to me they actually had an important role and it was weird with those twiggy alien trevor replacements. (I fuckin' miss cory and trevor) To me it is like an awesome community that would be cool to live in (maybe just for awhile though haha). When you put some many great characters together in one trailer park great things are bound to happen. I see a whole bunch of people saying "all good things come to an end" sure, but nobody wants it to end!! And the whole thing about ending the show before it declines in quality doesn't make much sense to me because first of all, Decent trailer park boys is better than no trailer park boys and second, how could you know it was going to get worse? maybe it would have gotten better?!? If Countdown to liquor day is any indication to me, I thought the show would have gotten funnier if they had given an eighth season a try. Ending TPB and trying to make something new that will be better will be pretty hard. It is kind of like the shitty sequel cliche, I am optimistic that they move on to do great things, but must people will probably think. Oh? they have a new show? it's probably not as good as the original TPB. Kind of like the saying "don't fix something that isn't broken".  But if Mike Clattenburg wants to move on to do different things I have to respect that because obviously he knows what he is doing and is a master of his craft.