Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: EXPLANATION FOR CANCELLING  (Read 20515 times)

golfinwithflames

Re: EXPLANATION FOR CANCELLING
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:09 AM »
Fuckin' way she goes...

RadBunny

« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Its better this way all around. I mean, if mike were to move on into something else, trailer park boys would be taken over by someone else, and the episodes would be less meaningful, like the simpsons are now, living in a zombie like state of network control. Sometimes its for the best though, and i'm sure we can all agree that october 2009 can't come fast enough.

Schwen

« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2008, 06:57 AM »
As sad as I am having only been a fan for a few months and not getting to see any new series, it's definitely for the best.  It's the age old story of tv shows going on for too long before ending it, running it into the ground.  I know it's different over there and the states, but in England, pretty much all the best comedies in recent memory have been the ones that only have a couple of series, and they're the ones that are remembered most fondly because they knew when to stop.

All respect to everyone involved, it's not often you find something so much different and so much better than 99% of the rest of the shite on television.  It's a rare thing and much more special to fans than any other crap where the zombified masses tune in every week to laugh at wacky neighbours and zany punchlines or catchphrases (god i hate catchphrases) driven by focus groups and the almighty dollar.  It's something to be proud of.

ILoveLucy

« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2008, 04:38 PM »
TO ALL CAST AND CREW - PAST AND PRESENT

So long and thanks for all the fish (Douglas Adams)

TPB will always have a special place in my heart and I wish the best of fortunes in the future to all involved. Thanks so much to all of you for sticking it out as long as you did and thank you for stopping production when the time was right.

Mike C. - I look forward to the day that you receive the Governor General's award for Arts & Culture because you truly deserve one. Please keep making worthwhile entertainment.

The Boys - Thanks for creating original, believable, lovable, and engaging characters. I am excited to see what else you can do other than Julian, Ricky, and Bubbles.

The Girls - The best job of playing the "straight man" to anyone. I hope the teaching gig works out well for Lucy D. I am sure that Sarah will be fine because of her entrepreneurial spirit. The hottest ladies on TV too because you were cast as real women.

John Dunsworth - WOW. All I can say is WOW. Your love of and devotion to your craft comes through on every frame. What an awesome job.

Pat Roach
- That prosthetic gut must have been uncomfortable as hell to wear.  Thanks for putting it on for all those years and making Randy such a great character. Also thanks to your former employer (water company ???) for letting you take summers off in the beginning to allow you to keep Randy going.

JT - One of the funniest and most talented actors I have ever had the pleasure of watching. J-Roc is probably my favorite character on the show.

Everyone else - thank you for putting in the long days, putting up with less than ideal conditions, and contributing to a show that will undoubtedly be remembered for many years to come.

T-ROC

« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Everything ends, that's the way it goes. Thank You for explanation. Best wishes!

Yeah, I guess you're right...the fuckin' way she goes!

You know, that was the episode that got me hooked!

Don't cross the goddamn shitline!

Dan4545

« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I think in TV history we've all seen shows run too long. I mean I used to worship Night Court back in the day, as did a lot of people, but even the die hard fans of the show have to admit that the last three or four years were just not very good at all. They began to repeat themselves, and it became almost painful to watch at times.

Having said that, I don't think that I could ever get board of new episodes of TPB, I could probably watch it forever. But Mike makes a good point in this thread. You really do wanna end on a high note. You don't want to be repetitive or stale. If you do, you run the risk of alienating fans, critics, and raising the bar so high (especially in a show like this), you can't overcome it in each successive season. That's just the way it works.

There's a lot of great talent in TPB in front of as well as behind the camera, and it's time for them to see what they can do with it next. They have the opportunity to take the notoriety and experience they've gained and move onwards and upwards, which is what we all want for ourselves in our own lives.

So while I'm personally devastated :: whimpers :: I completely see why this decision was necessary for everyone involved with the show. My best wishes to you all, and my heartfelt thanks for making this show a part of my life :)

Now, I'll go and watch the special a fourth time!

I totally agree. I just found out tonight because I haven't checked this site for the main reason that I didn't want to hear the bad news. This show became such a huge part of anyones life who could relate to it. I think I can speak for everyone that me & my girl  watched this series over and over again. It became such a big part of our lives. Not many people in the NYC area know about this and it was like a bright shining beacon in an ocean of shit. We know the characters like family.

As a fan though, I must accept that all good things must come to an end. We can't expect TPB to go on forever. That doesn't make make me feel happy about it though!!

We can only hope to see these people do good things in the future and thank them for the memories. --And look forward to the movie.

LONG LIVE TRAILER PARK BOYS!!!!! :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug: :(

Take a look in the glove box, bitch! -jroc
I'm gonna go work on an oil rig or something

golfinwithflames

« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2008, 09:20 PM »
TO ALL CAST AND CREW - PAST AND PRESENT

Awesome, great post. I echo every word.  :)

paramedic76

« Reply #32 on: Dec 15, 2008, 02:38 PM »
GO TO THIS FACEBOOK GROUP LINK AND SIGN MY ONLINE PETITION TO SAVE THE TRAILER PARK BOYS FROM BEING CANCELLED!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=101462565033

Wolfman

• Gammahouse
« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2008, 06:40 PM »
From what I understand, the show has come to an end based upon the decision of Mike Clattenburg, the show's creator, to move on to different things. I'd like to see more of the Boys for sure in the future too, but I totally understand Mike's decision to call 'er quits.
He's been at it for over a decade and wants to explore new horizons.

I don't think a petition would do anything to change his mind at this point.
Its a creative decision - something to be respected.

mzupeman

« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:41 PM »
So even after Mike and Lucy have both stated in this thread explicitly that they're glad they can move on from the show and are happy it ends on a high note, there's someone that's trying to petition for the show to go on?

I live in the United States, and I'm sure it's no secret to Mike C, but there ARE hard core fans here in the States.  I used to go on IRC back in the day, I mean, a wicked long time ago.  After the first and second seasons had aired, an acquaintance in Canada sent me a link to download the first episode.  Based on that, I bought the first DVD set, and kept buying them year after year, anxiously awaiting to see what happened on the show. 

It has become the quickest 'favorite' television show for the wife and I, hands down.  It was our favorite show then, and just got better and better, and we probably watched this series more than The Simpsons or Family Guy on DVD over the course of time.  We watch it habitually, and I can't even tell you how many times we've seen the movie, and how many friends we got to love the movie and then the show.

I'm sad to hear the show is ending soon, too.  But there are plenty of shows that go on and on and on, and lose their touch.  The Trailer Park Boys should never have to be reduced to that.  Season 7 was absolutely ace, and the special wasn't bad either.  I know the new (and final) film will be great, too.  If you ask me, in the wrong hands, this show could have been stale after the third season, but we've been lucky enough to get this show to be quality up until now. 

More importantly, Mike wants to move on, so let him.  He's been on this show close to a decade.  I don't want the show to go either, but I can appreciate the fact that Mike thinks now is the right time.  We should all respect that.

Soft Serve

« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:45 PM »
TPB is the gift that keeps on giving! I just introduced the 11 guys I work with to the movie, special, and seasons! It's like a rebirth for me. I still quote 'em and laugh as if they were new!  Thanks to all you guys and gals for bringing some Maritime humore to the states!

Anytime you want to head to Indiana, they'll be chicken fingers (8$C the good kind), blond hash (for hockey), rum and smokes waiting.

Thanks again! Cheers :guinness:
Way she goes buddy... the way she goes.

a_Fuckin_Samsquanch!

« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:55 AM »
Yes you do deserve an explanation. All shows run their course. I made the descion to end the show on a high note. We all had an incredible time shooting the sequel film this summer. It's probably the most fun we've had on set - ever. But please consider that we have been doing TPB for almost 10 years now and I need to move on. ...

Mike

:shock: :-s :?

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjtZND21xI

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC85jNIRUcs

& D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIX7l06VhIg

I mean... Mister Clattenburg sir, thanks for creating and doing the thing and all, while ya did, but it sure seems like a Rob Morrow moment to me.  :(
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2009, 01:59 AM by a_Fuckin_Samsquanch! »
"Holy Fuck! Purple Squirrels!???"

internetoni

« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:24 AM »

Pat Roach - That prosthetic gut must have been uncomfortable as hell to wear.  Thanks for putting it on for all those years and making Randy such a great character. Also thanks to your former employer (water company ???) for letting you take summers off in the beginning to allow you to keep Randy going.

woah, it's a fake gut!? I can't even tell @_@

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:51 AM »
I'm not sure if you're serious so to put the record straight, it's his real gut. The prosthetic gut was a joke on one of the DVD commentaries.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

golfinwithflames

« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:55 AM »
I mean... Mister Clattenburg sir, thanks for creating and doing the thing and all, while ya did, but it sure seems like a Rob Morrow moment to me.  :(

Again, the song lyrics at the end of "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys," "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden."

internetoni

« Reply #40 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I was searching google for an answer to if it was a fake or real gut after I read that it was a prosthetic. Thanks for clearing it up, I always though it was his real one...

TheFave

« Reply #41 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:46 PM »
well said.

however, I still hold out hope that after the movie, they'll get together for a special now and again.

So even after Mike and Lucy have both stated in this thread explicitly that they're glad they can move on from the show and are happy it ends on a high note, there's someone that's trying to petition for the show to go on?

I live in the United States, and I'm sure it's no secret to Mike C, but there ARE hard core fans here in the States.  I used to go on IRC back in the day, I mean, a wicked long time ago.  After the first and second seasons had aired, an acquaintance in Canada sent me a link to download the first episode.  Based on that, I bought the first DVD set, and kept buying them year after year, anxiously awaiting to see what happened on the show. 

It has become the quickest 'favorite' television show for the wife and I, hands down.  It was our favorite show then, and just got better and better, and we probably watched this series more than The Simpsons or Family Guy on DVD over the course of time.  We watch it habitually, and I can't even tell you how many times we've seen the movie, and how many friends we got to love the movie and then the show.

I'm sad to hear the show is ending soon, too.  But there are plenty of shows that go on and on and on, and lose their touch.  The Trailer Park Boys should never have to be reduced to that.  Season 7 was absolutely ace, and the special wasn't bad either.  I know the new (and final) film will be great, too.  If you ask me, in the wrong hands, this show could have been stale after the third season, but we've been lucky enough to get this show to be quality up until now. 

More importantly, Mike wants to move on, so let him.  He's been on this show close to a decade.  I don't want the show to go either, but I can appreciate the fact that Mike thinks now is the right time.  We should all respect that.

PapaCap

« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:50 PM »
eh, fuck it I guess, time to move on. How about a spin off? Julian Ricky and Bubs form a rock band. TPB meets Spinial Tap... anyone? anyone? Yea I didn't think so, but still seeing Lahey as the drunken tambourine player would be good for a couple episodes.

Still I hope Clatt comes up with another idea for a show, either that or makes a couple films. I would like to see what that funny motherfucker thinks up next.

Staind420

« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Ehh.. It just stinks to see it end

a_Fuckin_Samsquanch!

« Reply #44 on: Feb 25, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Ehh.. It just stinks to see it end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM4IqOVv0Hk

(or as Ricky might say Whores Day O Vray!)
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2009, 01:51 AM by a_Fuckin_Samsquanch! »
"Holy Fuck! Purple Squirrels!???"

SHITH4WK

« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Seriously, what can we do to keep the show up and running?

walterx2

« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Not a god damn, mother fucking thing. Time to move on.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2009, 01:04 AM »
Not a god damn, mother fucking thing. Time to move on.

:yeahthat:

Fucking Way She Goes

Wosko

• HevyDevy Forums
« Reply #48 on: Apr 18, 2009, 03:14 AM »
This is just like my favorite band (Strapping Young Lad from Canada :P) breaking up :(

I understand where Mike C is coming from and yeah it was good to end the show on a high note it just really sucks to see my boys go

I remember right when season 3 kicked off I saw the premiere and thought the show was some kind of joke. After watching a few more episodes the characters grew on me and I was hooked. I got my whole family into the show and even my baba has a conky doll in her living room (Season 6 DVD one)

All I have to say Mike C, cast thank you so much for the time and dedication you put into this project and i cant wait for October!
Oooohhh myyyy Julian my handsome Julian... Patrick Swayze you were so fuckin' sexy in Road House

GypsyGirl

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I think it's probably a good time.  It would be a shame to see these guys go from being on top (where they are now) to being remembered as over-done icons who didn't know when to quit.  MANY shows have gone that way just from not knowing when to quit.

There is a reason it is called "Jumping the Shark", you know...  because a once-loved TV show (Happy Days) actually DID have it's most loved character (Fonzie) jump a damn shark... and the show died.

Many people ask *Why on earth would they have a main character do something a stupid as jump a fkn shark on water skis in a leather jacket and boots?!?"... well... because there was NOTHING left to do.  They had done EVERYTHING. 

Had they quit when they were on top.. chances are Henry Winkler would have had a fantastic career afterward.  As it stood, however, he got bit parts in movies and tv shows and after-school specials.. and pretty much remains a joke in the minds of most people who even remember the show...  INCLUDING the Trailer Park Boys (Remember in the first episode of season 1... when they call Cyrus "Fonzie"?).

No one wants to see the TPB take the same career path as the Fonz.  I have always believed in being dignified enough to quit while you are on top and leaving a legacy instead of leaving people scratching their heads going "WTF?" .
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:21 AM by GypsyGirl »
"Who's got yer belly"