Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The word on the special, movie and future of TPB from Mike Clattenburg  (Read 58473 times)

shake

I just received this note on the future of the show directly from the source, these are the words of Mike Clattenburg.  The note was entitled "Thanks from Sunnyvale"

Over the past few months there has been a lot of discussion among our 
fans and those in the media about the future of Trailer Park Boys.   
Will there be another season, another special, another movie?  The 
last thing we want to do is keep our loyal fans in the dark about the 
show we have all loved doing for the past eight years, so we�d like 
now to shed some light.

We have a final one hour television special, �Say Goodnight To The Bad 
Guys�, which goes to air on Showcase on Sunday, December 7, 2008.   
Then after that, our sequel movie, �Countdown To Liqour Day� (working 
title), is due to be released in Canadian theatres in October, 2009.

But, after that, there will be no more.  Yes, it�s the end of Trailer 
Park Boys.  Our fans have been so supportive and inspiring, 
particularly all of you at the org, that we wanted you to be the first 
to know.  Much love and thanks from all of us at Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Mike

Thank you Mike!
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2011, 07:55 AM by Fishyneil »

jakemaster1390

I am glad he finally let us know what was going on. Sad news though.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Shit machine gun

Well that just confirms what we already expected. 

:beermug: to the boys, twas a great run, and we'll always have each other.

October 09 ORGie somewhere.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Yeah that expected sad news is upon us  :(  But it was a great run and we all have a lifetime of memories. 

heavymetaldick

That's so awesome. We are very excited for the bad guys special in a few weeks. I bet the new movie will be great too.
As for the show ending, its disappointing we wont see as much of our favourite characters' mayhem. It is a good decision, I accept it more and more. Better for it to end this way than for the show to not reach it's potential.    :6paper::shock:
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

walterx2

All good things must come to an end.

Although like rock bands, TV shows, and athletes
they may become bored/broke in a few years
and surprise us with an encore.

"Tall in the saddle
One of these days you're gonna have to dismount
You don't leave me downhearted
But I'm sorry that you had to go
'Cos we had fun, fun, fun, fun
Fun, fun, fun
We had fun while it lasted
We had fun while it lasted"

Tall In The Saddle
by Joan Armatrading
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Dirty Dancin

The show has brought a lot of joy into my life over the last few years in the form of laughter, the love for/from the friends I have made through the .ORG, and the adventures I have experienced through traveling to meet and hang out with some of those friends. For that, I will always be grateful to TPB. "Every end is a new beginning."
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

shake

Very true DD it has brought so many of us together, and given me a lot of great memories.  It had a profound effect on my life in that regard.  The show was awesome but it will always be what happened outside of the show, mainly the people that I got to meet, both online and in person, and the good times that resulted from meeting those people that I will remember the most.

Thank you very much TPBs for making this all possible for us, I wish you all the best in the future!

There's no reason the end of the show should mean the end of our ORG friendships :)

Brophy

I feel sick. 
Nom Nom Nom

100AndThiryOneProof

Well fuck, the end of an era. 

As much as we are all fighting the gut rot feeling of TPB coming to an end, it's probably best to put on a happy face and take it as it comes, because it would be impossible for these magnificent fellows not to go out with a bang!  The fuckin' way she goes, and as we near the end, I expect we are all in for one crazy ass ride through the shit winds on the Swayze Express!

Shit machine gun

I feel sick. 

Did you eat one of Fishy's leftover donairs?
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jill

Yeah......That's the way she goes, boys.......

I don't want to be a hate figure in the Org, but it's the right decision. Sadly, all good things really do come to an end. The boys and girls are going out while they're near the top of the pile of 'best TV comedies ever' imo. All the best to you guys and thanks again for making me laugh so much. I hope everybody goes on to do the things they want to do now....I'm looking forward to teh special and the second movie and to seeing you all in new projects. Be forever proud of TPB......you were just great x
I am the Liquor

tyuiop

Having just got into TPB boys in the UK (been through s1-5 in a week) i'm pretty disappointed it's ending. To be fair they could have probably bashed out series 8 as the seasons are so short anyway. However i haven't watched s6 &s7 yet and they might start to drag on a bit.
As a toast to the boys i'm genna get "as drunk as fuck" tonight.

Hope there is still activity on the forum though as I just joined and want to learn a bit more about the programme which takes time.

Trailer Park Boys, not just a TV series, it's a way of life.

BTW, if the second movie is a huge success i wouldn't rule out a third even if they say thats it , as this has happend quite a lot in the last (a la Jackass the movie, i'm sure there are more but i can't think of them),
"then we can get two birds stoned at once" - Ricky

"He's the f*ckin' man they call... Reveen"- Conky

Tiggy Puddin

I've only got one word to say to those guys.

Thanks.   8)

cart girl

um, i should've saved the temper tantrum pic for this thread.   well, at least there's still a special and a movie sequel to look forward to, and at least this is a series that gets FUNNIER the more times you watch it!   thanks guys!
not a note~!

Brophy

Nom Nom Nom

skEwb

But.... why is it so hard? I thought.. all they had to do was send some cameramen to film the boys.. that's not hard right?!?!?

They are rich now right? Why not film them in a rich community, see how that does...

:perv1:
</sarcasm>

Farewell TPB, your biggest Amernican hillabilly fan!
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2008, 06:15 PM by skEwb »
I want your cubic zircoria to pay my child reports

scoobysnack

Wow.  It's official.  It's the fucking way she goes.  :(

I'm glad we have a final date for the hour special.  I'll spread the word to American fans.  TPB has really affected my life in a fun way.  I just wish I would have found out about it 5 years ago.  :julian: = muscular mayor in shit city.

Thanks for passing on the word.

heavymetaldick

The original post tells everything except the time. I'm guessing it's 6 est, 9 pst?
Can't wait.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

CrashMatrix

agreed, this is a sad day... but as everyone says, maybe `tis for the best, they still have an amazing fan base, no matter what, and i hope all goes well for everyone...

thanks for finally letting us know the air date, mike. bout time :6paper:

i will be on edge till then... laters all

trice

Yeah that expected sad news is upon us  :(  But it was a great run and we all have a lifetime of memories. 
Also friends and all of our DVD's. Lucy also posted on FB about it..I posted how Mike had let us on the ORG know also. A shameless plug for the ORG by me.. :)

CrashMatrix

lol shame on you trice ;)

trice

lol shame on you trice ;)

I feel no shame... :mrgreen:  :P

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
 :( Sad news indeed!  Thank you Mike, and all of the cast members and writers for creating the coolest sub-culture on the planet.  And as others have said, we'll always have the shows, movies and each other.   I was just thinking the other day that it's just about time to schedule a night to have my nephew over for our annual watching of the Xmas Special.
Can't wait to see what they all get up to next, and I hope they continue to collaborate on new projects. 
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Wow. Thanks for my favorite TV show of all time & the funniest shit in the world!

I for one am lookin forward bigtime to The Drunk And On Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour and seeing all of the cast in new and exciting roles elsewhere.

Ohh and I hope Smith gets to do his movie with Jackie Chan!

Thanks & Cheers Sunnyvale!  :beercheers:
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin