Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The word on the special, movie and future of TPB from Mike Clattenburg  (Read 58110 times)

TruXter

• Musician's blog site.
Would have made sense if you patched a few slow motion snippets from tpb together and dubbed that song over, with an occasional show sound bleeding through.  in the last couple of seconds. each tpb person saying goodbye in one way or another.
like ricky when his daughter got arrested.  blah blah blah.

Reminds me of this song

Dust in the Wind- Kansas

I close my eyes
only for a moment
and the moments gone
all my dreams
pass before my eyes a curiosity
dust in the wind
all we are dust in the wind

Same old song

just a drop of water
in the endless see
all we do
crumbles to the ground
though we refuse to see
dust in the wind

Now, don't hang on
nothing last forever
but the earth and sky
it slips away

And all your money
won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind
all we are dust in the wind
dust in the wind
dust in the wind

lanfisher

• Lan's MySpace
Fuck sakes!! Well I'm glad that you guys made as many episodes you did, and I appreciate that Showcase gave the show a chance and allowed it to air for so long (many networks wouldn't have "understood" the show, and would have cancelled it much earlier). I'm also glad that I was able to skip out of work early and make it to The Big Dirty press conference in Toronto and see the cast, and that I got to see Mr. Lahey & Randy perform at Yuk Yuk's. I think it's great news that it's not -completely- over, in that we still get a TV special and another feature movie!

TPB is SO Canadian, and I'm proud that I can identify so closely with you hosers.
"Why don't you just pretend you're a little squirrel, Ricky?"
"Why don't you pretend you're someone fucking off, Bubbles!"
"Fuckin' tell me to fuck off."

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Schedule is up on www.showcase.ca. Just go to their site, click on schedule and click on Sunday Dec. 7 and it's all listed there.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

scoobysnack

I also added it to the ORG's calendar:

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?action=calendar

I've been local yokal about the new hour special, and showing them the preview.  Everyone agree's it looks like it's going to be just what we are waiting for.  12 days left  :bubs:
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 05:03 PM by scoobysnack »

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Actual link to December calendar is this...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?action=calendar;year=2008;month=12

Doesn't give all the shows, just the fact the special is shown that day (which we already knew).
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

scoobysnack

Actual link to December calendar is this...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?action=calendar;year=2008;month=12

Doesn't give all the shows, just the fact the special is shown that day (which we already knew).
Fishy

Well, yeah, I know you already know, it was more for the noobs.  Also to clarify, I added it to the calendar days ago, when the letter from the director came, not today after you posted the calendar from Showcase.

Cheerios are just straight fruit loops?
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008, 05:12 PM by scoobysnack »

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Just make sure when the kids ask for Cheerios, they get them.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

scoobysnack

Just make sure when the kids ask for Cheerios, they get them.
Fishy

Will do Fishy...

Doing any more recon for the ORG, or have they stoped filming for the year?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
They're done filming altogether. Did you read the post from Shake? All thing's TPB are done besides the editing and the viewing.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
I imagine that it will only be a matter of time now.  But I'm sure the park will be dismantled soon and there will be little evidence of Sunnyvale Trailer Park  :(

scoobysnack

They're done filming altogether. Did you read the post from Shake? All thing's TPB are done besides the editing and the viewing.
Fishy

Oh yeah, I do remember that being said.  You should to to the park and try to get a souvenir.  Or if you are a honest person, ask for one, since you are on good terms with the cast.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
A lot of us have been through the park and haven't taken a single molecule from there out of respect. I know that the TPB are going to be auctioning off some of their stuff to support a needy family. This is happening in December at The Big Leagues in Cole Harbour. I'll make sure I post when I have the details.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

trice

I imagine that it will only be a matter of time now.  But I'm sure the park will be dismantled soon and there will be little evidence of Sunnyvale Trailer Park  :(
Wow..talk about Davey Downer..buck up! [and that's an order  :)]

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
They will keep it as a movie set regardless of whether TPB are using it. They have already used the park for other projects.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

trice

They will keep it as a movie set regardless of whether TPB are using it. They have already used the park for other projects.
Fishy
Good to hear..thanks   :smooch:

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Fishy

"Anne Of Green Gables VI: The Greasy Years"
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

trice

"Anne Of Green Gables VI: The Greasy Years"
:spitcoffee:

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
The title of the special seems good for what is the last "episode"...
I like it :)
Can't wait to watch it too. Looks like its back to its old days of grungy documentary style from season 1 & 2... except for the HD camera and quality. They have no choice over that though I guess.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Jaystar

It's so hard for me to Except that it will all end next year, I hope they do make a Season 8.

Becca

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2008/11/27/7558076-cp.html

From the article:

"'It definitely had nothing to do with us,' Wells said of the unexpected decision to halt production."

Hmm.

It's Teeeeeeeeee-shirt time! CAB'S HERE, CAB'S HERE!  I think we have a Situation.

Tiggy Puddin

Awesome Becca, thanks for finding that. I'd read a similar article yesterday but it was just the boys in character and they didn't really say much - this article is way more revealing.

Frankly I'm shocked. They only found out a day before us?  :(

Oh well, as Les McQueen from Creme Brulee says - "It's a shit business".

shake

Yeah thanks for posting that Becca, very interesting

I'll post the text here in case the link goes away in the future

TORONTO - They may be tough-talking hooligans, but the Trailer Park Boys say they're feeling a little emotional as their TV series comes to an end next month.
The actors that portray the pot-smoking Julian, Ricky and Bubbles were in Toronto on Thursday to promote the final episode of their mockumentary-style series, which revolves around the trio's outlandish money-making schemes in the fictional Sunnyvale trailer park.
"I'm sad, I'd like to do more," comedian Mike Smith, who plays Bubbles, said while sipping a glass of tequila in a downtown hotel room.
"It's a fun job and it's too bad that it's coming to an end."
Seated next to his castmates John Paul Tremblay, who plays the buff petty criminal Julian, and Robb Wells, who plays the hotheaded Ricky, Smith said they learned of the show's end only a day before the news was posted on the "Trailer Park Boys" website two weeks ago.
"It definitely had nothing to do with us," Wells said of the unexpected decision to halt production.
 He said the producers held a brief meeting with the cast, but even after that the show's stars were still unclear about the reasons for ending the popular Showcase series.
"Basically they didn't go into great detail," said Wells, nursing a glass of whiskey during the interview.
Calls to the show's producers were not immediately returned.
Wrapped in a hotel bathrobe and sporting his character's trademark pompadour, Wells said rumours of the show's demise had swirled before but turned out to be unfounded. And when the team gathered this past summer to shoot a feature film, tentatively titled "Trailer Park Boys - Countdown to Liquor Day," things went so smoothly Wells assumed that another full season of episodes would follow.
"Everybody seemed to get along so well and gel so well," said Wells, who also serves as writer on the show, along with Smith and Tremblay.
"The energy was very positive and the mood was very positive. I thought maybe after that that we would continue and maybe do at least another special or a movie or some more episodes."
"(But) from what we're told the door is pretty closed and locked."
After seven seasons, "The Trailer Park Boys" comes to an end with the one-hour television special "Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys" on Dec. 7.
It picks up one year after the last season left off, with Ricky, Julian and Bubbles poised to enjoy the riches from their latest caper. Julian has stashed the loot for safekeeping, but he and the boys are ambushed just as they are about to retrieve it.
Mayhem ensues in typical trailer park fashion - Julian tries to redeem himself with another harebrained scheme, Ricky blows up during a greasy encounter with the shirtless, potbellied Randy, and Bubbles gets caught in the middle. Meanwhile, the trailer park's drunk supervisor, Mr. Lahey, orchestrates his nastiest plan yet to put the boys away for good.
Though the TV show is ending, fans can catch the boys in a cross-Canada live show in January and February.
"The Ricky, Julian and Bubbles Community Service Variety Show" features the boys supposedly fulfilling court ordered community service to demonstrate the dangers of using alcohol and drugs.
That will be followed by the new feature film, expected to hit theatres in fall 2009.
Meanwhile, Smith says he, Wells and Tremblay are angling to return to TV with another comedy as soon as they can.
"We're just sort of in the development stages of it now but you will hopefully hear about it soon," said Smith.
"It's kind of all over the place really. We're each going to play several different characters, so it's pretty broad and hopefully fresh, which it is."
Smith said they'd like to shoot a demo early next year in Halifax and were aiming to have something on the air in 2010.
And although he is looking forward to new opportunities, Smith said he hopes "The Trailer Park Boys" leaves a long legacy with fans.
"I think it'll be remembered as a show that came out of left field and broke a lot of rules and probably wasn't expected to do very well by a lot of people," he said.
"Hopefully people will remember it like that - that it was different than anything that had been on Canadian TV before."

jakemaster1390

Oh that totally sucks that they only found out the day before us. Wonder if it was clattenburg's decision, producers decision, or was it a decision from showcase or was it something even higher
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Stephen Harper said "shut it down" :julian:
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Tiggy Puddin

Stephen Harper said "shut it down" :julian:

Hahah, maybe that's why the Liberals and NDP are planning to bring the government down.

Weird though, you'd think the boys would be told what was going on, seeing as they, uhh, only star in it and co-write it and eat, sleep and drink it (and maybe smoke it).  Not like they're heavily involved or anything.  :roll:

Let's hope they get the new show going with Showcase - do you know they've started playing Eastenders? Seriously, WTF.