Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The word on the special, movie and future of TPB from Mike Clattenburg  (Read 58052 times)

RadBunny

I know trice, just making a joke as usual.

but its sad to know its the end of the show. then we wait with nothing for a whole year till the next movie comes out.

trice

I know trice, just making a joke as usual.

but its sad to know its the end of the show. then we wait with nothing for a whole year till the next movie comes out.
I know, but they're going out on top :) I can still watch the re-runs and laugh my ass off and I'm sure it will always be that way..this isn't a TV show it's a cult! ;)

golfinwithflames

So if the series is over does that mean the forum's over?!
And i just fucking got here. FUCK!
See the posts on this page by Ms. Vee, Shake, Fishy and me..it ain't over till the fat Lady sings.Psst..She's not gonna sing ;)

I hear she is being held at gunpoint, with her band, in a field by the airport and forced to harvest weed.  :D

trice

Good one John... :rofl:

M1K3

yes sad but great news.

Honestly I think there doing the right thing to me the new season wasn't as good as all the others before it because of the lost cast members but I still get laughs outta them.....

I cant wait until December 7th!!! and I will go see the new movie opening night obviously.  :6paper:  :6paper:

glad to have this show in my lifetime cause its hard to top TPB's for a top TV show..don't think that's even possible.  :shock:

that's just what I think anyway ....

:6paper: *waits for december 7th*  :6paper:

M1K3

this post is about the preview I just watched..thanks for the link.

my god it looks so classic......that whole part was priceless  :)

rtafts

that preview does look amazing. reminds me of scenes from the earlier seasons (this is a good thing)

jakemaster1390

Yeah. Even a rickyism in the intro. "Wer're Exposed to be rich now" Yeah I also agree that season 7 was starting to lose it so I think their choice to bow out now was a good one. At leat they have one final special to wrap thing up properly becasue this everything worked out good shit was not like them for season 6 and season 7. I enjoyed when everybody went to jail at the end of the season. Now this special I hope is going to wrap up their run proper with layhey being his drunk self and fucking around the boys as usual.

Definatly having chicken fingers and root beer when I go to watch the special (becasue I will be at school so I can't bring liquor onto the premisis).
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

TheFave

Seems I've joined just as the show is being put to bed.

I have to say though that without Cory Trevor, there's a missing ingredient - like eating a steak without salt and pepper.

But I have the DVD's which I'll treasure and I'm sure we'll see new and independent works from this talented and unique cast and crew.

I'd love to see a black and white episode set 30 years in the future which shows the boys as elderly folk still selling their weed and brew in an old folks home.

call it: The man in the rocking chair.

heavymetaldick

Well I am looking forward to the special, and the blogs. I will have to watch it the next day becasue I don't get the channel  *Pondering* What kind of comfort food I ccan get to enjoy watching this special in school.

Also will somebody be nice enough to say which episodes are being aired that day in the marathon before the special and if possible, who chose the episode if it is mentioned (that is what I seen in the posts at showcase.ca)

Yes, there is a way for you to find out which episodes Showcase will air and what order.
If you go to the showcase.ca site and go to the TPB section, it will have a list of about a month's worth of upcoming episodes, the times and what they're called.

Hope that helps.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

Salem13

For me and my circle of friends this is going to be like somebody died.

I've been like the TPB messenger down here introducing dozens to the show... I'm asked about when new shows will be made at least once a week... this will be sad news.

I hope somehow you guys get to air it down here ... and get some of that US money before its worthless   :(

...geeze I really feel sick right now...

You guys rocked it out man... so rocked...

fuck

stinkpants

First post because I read in our paper today the show is ending. I feel like the girlfriend I dont have just dumped me. I cant wait for the special and the movie. I hope they make a movie every year, forever. Im so sad i want to barf.

Rappy

Heres a news paper article on it.  Count down to liquor day ;)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
In the article it says 11 PM. This is because it's an East Coast paper. I guess if that's the case, the movie will be released September EST ;)
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Tiggy Puddin

Makes me laugh the number of news articles that mentioned the news first broke at the Showcase site. Heard it here first, guys.  8)

dave.f

Im a little sad theres no season 8 but I understand completly why they want to move on! And hey we have a ONE HOUR SPECIAL & A MOVIE on the way! :D thats alot more than I was expecting! Lets all just be so thankfull for all the laughs the boys have provided! :beermug: Now I gota go get 2 birds stoned at once and do some study and get some supper!

Dave.
"Community Service, Worst case Ontario"
"He passed with Flying Carpets"
"I don't need you stupid car or you cherry trees"
"No Ray on my lawn, and No Blues Music Ricky!"
"Lahey how drunk are you right now?....6 out a 10"

Rappy

I'm kinda glad its ending.  You can only write so many seasons, its getting dull now.

hashcashgash

Don't listen to this Bull Shit! This posting is FALSE!
I know for a fact man, the boys will be back in the park.

No worries  Ricky & Julian are doing a deuce less in the can and will be out in 2010. They were busted for organizing a door to door kiddy chocolate bar sales ring. Claiming the kids were selling them for charity. They had sales teams all over Nova Scotia. It was fucking big time for a while.

Money talks, the boys will be back growing some good dope and this time Ricky will have his grade 11.

Hey Ricky!  Knock Knock, Who's there dick heads?  Fucking right on man You rock Ricky

Your friends
Trevor & Cory

SOOLEY

Ricky already has his grade 11.... He got it when he was in jail with Ray at the end of last season. Ray got his grade 9 too.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Makes me laugh the number of news articles that mentioned the news first broke at the Showcase site. Heard it here first, guys.  8)

I'm not sure about Showcase, Tiggy; but that's standard practice at "News" outlets here in the Amernicas (from what I can tell of my experience working for NBC for the last 6 months)

The small guys on the web with no official broadcasts/magazines/etc. may have some breaking news article but when we find it and bring it to our website we might even call it our very own "exclusive web release"  :o

I even see that happen locally with our competitors. Just the other weekend the CBS affiliate here in town covered a local interest story (tagged with their "ONLY ON" logos) that we had already reported on an hour earlier with our station's "YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST" branding. Its really all about branding and advertising, if you lie- no one notices because it's "The News" and the news can't lie, right? :lol:

Anyway, News is a friggin' competitive business. In retrospectics, I gotta say that I have mad wikked respect for Lou Grant and Mary Richards now. :mrgreen:

This Segment of "Behind The News" Has Been Brought To You By Pizza Hut and your local Ford/Chevy Dealer!

So, with all this commotion over the cancellation of TPB- it would be awesome to see Mike C. or one of the boys make an appearance on "This Hour Has 22.." to poke some fun at that CBC News prick Jim Numb-nuts er whatever his friggin' name is.  :rofl:

I'm also curious to know what former CTV anchor Nancy Regan has to say about Nunn's hateful remarks toward Trailer Park Boys. (For those who don't know she appeared as a news reporter in the episode "Working Man") I bet she could do a damn better "investigative report" than that seagull-lookin'  spin-talkin' mahfacka!

P.S.
If Showcase or any other media entity wanted to do a true and unbiased story about the success of the show and the huge multi-national fan base of creative, intelligent, as well as drunk and stoned fucked-up people then they would most definitely as first order of business have to give a bigtime shout out to this website.

My personal thanks and a "Cheers Sunnyvale!" goin' out to our admins cat-dog & shake and all you sexy moderators and fellow members out there for keeping the .ORG alive n' kickin'! ;)

Peace! :)
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008, 03:45 AM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

shake

Ha ha cool Mitch :)

jquindlen

Shit, no season 8.  Well at least we have the special, the new movie, and the boys on tour.

Now lets just cross our fingers and hope that we get a spin off, such as the The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour

And how about some American syndication?  Every person that comes to my house for more than a few hours, leaves here wanting to watch the rest of TPB episodes.  The show sells itself, it just needs to be promoted a little bit in the US to make it a huge success.

Cinnamon cock

jakemaster1390

Reminds me of this song

Dust in the Wind- Kansas

I close my eyes
only for a moment
and the moments gone
all my dreams
pass before my eyes a curiosity
dust in the wind
all we are dust in the wind

Same old song

just a drop of water
in the endless see
all we do
crumbles to the ground
though we refuse to see
dust in the wind

Now, don't hang on
nothing last forever
but the earth and sky
it slips away

And all your money
won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind
all we are dust in the wind
dust in the wind
dust in the wind
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

golfinwithflames

Great post, Mitch!  :lol:

muel33

That is absolutely devastating news, the end of my favorite show of all time, plus we in england dont get anything of the tpb news you Canadian guys get, lucky canadians. Were will an english guy be able to view the special when it comes out does any one know, plus will there be like a meet and greet for the movie premiere in canada.

Such sad, sad news. Thats trailer park life though.