Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The word on the special, movie and future of TPB from Mike Clattenburg  (Read 58075 times)

bizzaro

Thanx.I haven`t been here in a awhile. lol

hennessey

the movie was awesome
i must be fire retarded boys, shut the fuck up cuz your distractulating my case, i dont understand investaments julian, chances of getting caught out here are zerlow

bizzaro

I enjoyed it but was disappointed about a few things.If this is truly the last outing I felt that most the cast members didn`t get their last bow like they should have.We love all these people they were the glue of the show.Cyrus who is one of my favorite characters had his part reduced to a quick walk by at the end.Sam got totally screwed.Sara & Lucy deserved bigger parts & George Green got kiboshed.No real closure at the end except for Bubbles who looked like he was hooking up at the end.I would have liked it if he had actually found his parents & told the greasy bastards off.The Boys were great & Lahey & Randy was a pleasant surprise.Best work you`ve done Pat!! The Boys lent up in jail again? Kind of lame.
The movie needed more cowbell. lol
 :6paper:

shake

I should point out that we have a thread for discussing your thoughts on the movie here...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,9949.0.html

Fyz1kz

Well ther you hav it, from the main mans mouth.. I look forward to seeing the last movie to round up a great show.. You guys have gave me n my buddies GooD fukkin Times with your show, from the awesome writing,acting,directing,art direction,characters, everything was Bang On.You can tell you guys love your work and it reflects onto the screen..

From your brothers over the sea in scotland..Thanks for the Good timez

BIG UK FAN..(thinkin of immigrating to CA)..lol

jizzy

how the fock did tpb end? this cannot end like that. wtf is the point of getting cable television when tpb is fkn done after season 7. you know what i think ? Show Case television can fock off. how the fock is show case going to end the gdamn seson? we demand more tpb on tv and dvd. Hell tpb is never shown in the USA why dont you do a contract with comedy central or some shyt like that? shyt dont be telling me that comedy central wont accept tpb... have you seen their shows... lame just lame... they would need TPB. Mike clattenburg can dot it stop waisting your time on some lame new show , and keep TBP aliv. TPB is a unique show with an original sence of humour...again wtf is the point of having cable tv if there is no more seasons of tbp. Im good  enough with the dvd complete series..  :julian:  :bubs:  :ricky:  :beermug:  :6paper: and guns is what tv needs!!!! for ever and ever tbp should be like the simpsons with never ending series fock sakes.

bizzaro

7 years is a pretty good run as far as TV goes.I`ll miss it too but maybe the players & Clatts just wanted to move on & do something else.

smokeshow

But.... why is it so hard? I thought.. all they had to do was send some cameramen to film the boys.. that's not hard right?!?!?

They are rich now right? Why not film them in a rich community, see how that does...
Too funny, I was thinking the same thing!  have them hit the lotto or something Live in a gated community Ricky has a brand new car that slowly regress to the shape of his old one oh well..

:perv1:
</sarcasm>

Farewell TPB, your biggest Amernican hillabilly fan!
Can you even read my son?
 That depends, can you go f@$k yourself!?

teamsunnyvale

:ricky:   now im reading this now i find otu it is older....now im american i discpverd the show through direct tv the bastard canceled the runs of tralier park boys and i think im not the only guy who thinks that this is complete bullshit i messaged the bastards and i hope for a respomse i envy you  friends accross the line you guys got he drunk and on drugs happytime funhour while us american sit with shit so i would like it if every american or even canadain user of this site helped me.. by sending direct tv a message about it daily  or just one messages to make the bastards relize how big of a following this show has and maybe they will even put on the drunk and drugs show thank for the help from ohio with love craig :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
dear direct tv, were the hell is our trailer park boy you bastards

Staind420

i hope they randomly join back and do a special or something within the next few years. 7 seasons is not enough!!!! LOL

cinthb

i hope they randomly join back and do a special or something within the next few years. 7 seasons is not enough!!!! LOL

Ditto guys,  everyone here hopes for a new special, or the third movie.  Seems like a smash hit to me, but sad to say, no such thing is in sight at this time, but maybe some day, maybe some way. :6paper:
The powers that be will post it here though if anything ever even starts to be considered. 
The ORG is central to fans who keep an eager ear to the wall.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
You fucking know it CinthB 8)
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

iheartricky

Tru dat!

"This is drugs?"

moncton velvet smooth

Trailer Park Boys should never end. As long as there's cheeseburgers, liquor and dope there should be a Trailer Park Boys. New people should be moving into the park. Trinity should be getting pregnant. Trailer Park Boys should be passed down from generation to generation like Roots.
    I swear, if they won't do it I'll write and publish my own comic book adventures of the Boys.
    "This isn't intellectual property theft. I'm basically borrowing these guys for a few hours. No big deal."
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

gabety

7 years is a pretty good run as far as TV goes.I`ll miss it too but maybe the players & Clatts just wanted to move on & do something else.

Ok, first of all no season was what I would call a full season.  The episodes were low in number.  I understand a movie came up in those seasons but that was ONE season.  What's the real back story?  In the latest video I saw of the boys they all would do more but "it wasn't up to them".  Who is it up to?  Clattenberg?  Did his divorce have something to do with the rights to the series?  Settlement money an issue?  She did  narrate a special, Hearts of Dartmouth.

I mean something is up that isn't being put out there.  The boys can tour as "Trailer Park Boys" Ricky, Julian and Bubbles.  Lahey and Randy can tour, they will all come together This year for a Christmas show.  So what is the road block?  Showcase own a few years of rights if the show is resurected?  Somebody out there knows.  Why won't anybody say?
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

shake

As to "Why won't anybody say"

I thought Clattenburg summed it up quite nicely already.  And it wasn't just his decision, pretty well everybody wanted to move on.

gabety

I know the boys got to live and touring is part of it but they can't do it without Clattenberg?  They only tour to earn a pay check?  Come on.  I'm not buying that.  Somebody is being a stick in the mud.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

shake

I buy it.  They continue to tour for the pay check and the fun, but creatively they collectively want to do other things.  Live shows in a theater are a lot different than committing to a whole season.

Tiggy Puddin

I think the whole thing is a lot more complex than one or a few people getting in the way of making more shows. It's complicated...

cinthb

Conky probably owns a 5 share alone.  And what about Fruit Jacks media circus? John Lennon may have been seen in the company of one Alex Lifeson.  I believe.

cinthb

Well, ok.  Lennon was out there, but I put the Clattenburg clan as 2 of numerous parties involved, who need or want something that stops continuation, on film, under contracts, for years more to come, after 7 years creating the same one event.  I really believe a cartoon is in their future.

Ness

I must say THANK YOU to Mike Clattenburg, Rob Wells, John P Trembly, Mike Smith, Pat Roach, John Dunsworth, Sara, Lucy, and the entire cast and crew of TPB. The series  and the movies ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST.  I'd love to have you all do another movie, and that's entirely selfish, I know. But you guys are so funny and your characters are so well developed, it's seems a shame not to do so!

Wishing you the best (and hoping you will consider another TPB movie),
Ness
PS: my wife agree---we have never seen a group SO professionally developed, enduring and endearing, in any other series.

If you enjoy the time you're wasting, it's not wasted time.

BlueRose

Mike was smart to stop when he did. You gotta leave them laughing instead of chugging on til you become a joke. And not the good kind... :(
Anyway, I have my Cheeseburger Locker full of TPB and can open it whenever I want.
Peace
xxoo
This can't fail boys :D

Angie_chat

I'm just going to add  my 2 pence worth, so to speak. A cartoon, awful idea!
Perhaps now they have all tried other things, they've got it out their system. It seems to me that the cast enjoy being in TPB, so it must be more than just a pay cheque.
Sit around the table and hash it out, that would be my advise to them. I'm happy to mediate.
I'm sure it's financially viable, the touring will have enhanced that. There I've said my bit and I feel better for it. Love and peace to everyone x
Live, love, laugh :D

Stakegirl

I like it this way. It was initially sad to see the series come to an end. However without being tied into a season, everybody involved are more free to do other projects as well as reunite once in awhile to collaborate on some Sunnyvale projects, like the movies or the tours.

But if the boys were still tied in to the Trailer Park Boys series they wouldn't have been free to focus their full attention to Drunk and On Drugs. Nor would they have been free to do the touring they've been doing. Or in the case of Robb Wells he may not have been able to shoot Hobo, Beatdown, Jackhammer. Mike Smith wouldn't have been free to tour with G'n'R or make his upcoming films.

Likewise for Sir Clattenburg he wouldn't have been able to bring us Afghan Luke nor the upcoming Men Who Move Furniture.  It's really a winning situation for everyone now because we get to experience other facets of people's talents. Yet we can still celebrate the Sunnyvale characters via DVD's and tours.

My Rusty Two Cents.
A Dope Trailer is No Place for a Kitty