Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Question for John D.  (Read 2847 times)

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Question for John D.
« on: Oct 28, 2008, 04:43 AM »
An 'acting' question if you will; your portrayal of James Lahey- veraciobus and veridicktical as it is on this television program;

Hear me out: Is in fact your character's fictional grandfather's name "Chief Inspector William Lahey" as is referenced in this real article from the New York Times on September 11th, 1921? ...

LAHEY DIRECTS LIQUOR RAID ON ROSE GARDEN
"Six Detectives Under Chief Inspector Lahey Arrest Three and Seize Whisky Without Warrant"

This is a real article. (..and when I read it I was like "Fuck, that's gotta be Lahey's grandad. It really resonates historically with TPB, why else would a random Lahey arrest three people and steal their liquor WITHOUT A POLICE WARRANTY?!")

link: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9404E3DF153EEE3ABC4952DFBF66838A639EDE

P.S. This is real. =P Peace!
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2008, 05:07 AM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

heavymetaldick

Re: Question for John D.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Sad to say, Laheys have been fucking with people - for hundreds of years. Lahey ancestors emmigrated from Ireland to the east coast in the early 17th century.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

JAG

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Did I ever mention that I have REAL LIVE relatives that are Lahey's?  No joke. My Aunt Mary Lahey could be Jim Lahey's mother in real life; they are that much alike.  :roll: Shudder.  :D  ;)
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

Chantal

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2009, 11:51 AM »
LOL! That is an excellent find! You can bet they're related. It's in the blood. And besides, he didn't need a warrant to take their liquor... He is the liquor. :shock:

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2009, 06:28 AM »
another crazy random thing about this article and it's relation to the show is the comments about the "Rose Garden" and "improper dancing"; if you've seen Say Goodnight to The Bad Guys you'd know what i'm saying, noomsayin'?

Too weird.

I spoke with M.C. about this and he said it was totally random and they'd never seen the article until I posted it here.
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

JAG

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2009, 09:00 PM »
*snicker*

You are absolutely right about the relevance to "Say Goodnight..." it is weird isn't it?

~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."