Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: NHL 2008-2009 General Discussion  (Read 12212 times)

trailerchick

Re: NHL 2008-2009 General Discussion
« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2008, 11:27 PM »
ooooh Avery...you silly douchebag.

Keep that shit on the ice where it belongs.

Vancouver

« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2008, 12:29 AM »
LOL that was funny  :lol: Sloppy seconds :lol:
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Kev R

« Reply #27 on: Dec 09, 2008, 03:49 AM »
Yeah he could have saved it for the ice and not the camera, what does he think he's on TPB's?  I'd think a fine would suffice though.  How long is the suspension?  meh who cares

My Flames seem to be getting things together under Keenan.  Last year they were pathetic.  I haven't been paying too close attention, watched their two wins over Vancouver.  Van needs Loungo but that rookie goalie impressed me.  Snyder is it?  He lost but none of the goals were his fault.  Kipper plays almost everygame in net, i can't name the backup :S  I don't like Bertuzzi, was mad when it was announced the Flames aquired him, he's got 7 goals and 18 pts.  Cammalleri's been pitching in and it seems there's more all around scoring than the last few seasons, not just Iginla.  Phaneuf on D has 21 points, mostly assists though.  I will say this, i've lived in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto.  Calgary has mean/rude fans, Edmonton has friendlier fans and then in Toronto.  Well they love their Leafs, no matter how bad they are.  It's kind of heart warming.  And they were mostly friendly fans, I guess losing so much they don't even care about winning and losing.  LOL  In Calgary if the team loses the fans are bitter!

Then my hometown team, 2nd fave the Oilers.  Haha.  Another rebuilding year.  It's been rebuilding years since the last cup in 90.  no one who can put the puck in the net.  A bunch of young kids.  Three goalies.  Rollie was amazing the other night against San Jose.  He stole the game for em.  I mean they were outshot 16-1 in the first and came away with a 1-1- tie against the sharks????  Luck.  McT is an idiot.  A likable idiot but he seems like a pothead.  He can't keep lines together.  Carrying three goalies.  Garon was spectacular last year, this year all the goalies have played solid but no one has stood out much as no one has had a chance to.  It seems everytime there is a solid scorer he's traded.  Oh so many solid scorers throughout the league who were once in Edmonton.  Maybe the new Billionaire owner and the supposed new arena will help.  A new coach wouldn't hurt either.  Hemsky is leading the team followed by Souray on D.  Those are your superstars on Edmonton.  Roloson can be but he don't score.  If you look it almost seems like the Oilers get 3 assists on every goal :P  everyone has lots of assists but noone has goals?

rambling hockey rant.  Go all Canadian teams! 

Vancouver

« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:52 PM »
OOOOOOh Kev R you sound perfect for our pool. next year, cause ofc its already started this year. I like a man who knows his stats  8)
Our backup goalie is Sanford. Like SanfordAndSons. Thats his song here lol, the theme to that old show. Hes no Lu, well the poor guy hasn't played much, Lu pretty much holds shit together so he never got any ice time...well hes aight. Ive seen worse.
Cappy loves the Oiler as well, ya'll should make a thread.

Great post btw...WeLcOMe!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #29 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:05 PM »
how do the fucking habs lose to the god damn tampa lightning at home on hockey night in Canada?  FUCK.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:59 PM »
how do the fucking habs lose to the god damn tampa lightning at home on hockey night in Canada?  FUCK.

Well put.
And lose another star player in Koivu :S
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Kev R

« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2008, 04:25 AM »
hahaha thanks Vancouver but to me Hockey Pools are gambling and the only time I like to bet is if I'm 90% sure or better, usually better.  I can't be sure a guy will have a good year or be injured.  And I don't keep up enough to know league stats.  I just kinda catch things like this team is hot this one isn't.  And one off stats like tonight I see that Ovechking is 3rd in hits.  That impresses me a lot seeing as he's a scorer.  But he flies around all reckless and gets the points, makes the hits and somehow seems to avoid injuries pretty good. 

Another funny one i sort of caught was during the flames game with the panthers.  The Panther goalie that wasn't playing.  Alexander I think his name was has a very odd stat.  It was something likes when he faces 40 or more shots he's got a huge win % like 90+ or something.  But when it's less than 40 shots he wins like 20% of the time.  So tell the team when you put him in not to play defense.  ;)

My Flames are floundering a bit since my last post, watched em lose to the Panthers 2 days ago now.  gave up a short handed goal, went 0-5 on the PP and then couldn't get the job done in OT or their first shootout this year.

I saw Edmonton beat Vancouver tonight.  I wish either of these Alberta teams would show some consistency.  Lose to teams they should beat, beat teams they shouldn't and then the rest of the time its a total guess.  I think overall Vancouver is a better team but not tonight. 

Vancouver

« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:59 AM »
aw yes, I thought u might notice my team get stomped by yours. well you see, we have a goalie situation in Vancouver right now. and we have no scorers. Tomorrow Sundins supposed to tell us what his decision is, I hope he comes here, cause he can be our player-star. On accounta we do not friggin have one. Justa star goalie, and uh. well... bound to happen, poor Lu, all that pressure was sure to make 'im blow a groin eventually....

ps thats a very interesting stat u picked up about tha Panther goalie:)

Kev R

« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2008, 10:35 PM »
So i turn the game on between Van and Fla and the Panthers are up 2-0  Then I watch and the Canucks get 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5  so it's 5-2 now.  I wanted Florida to lose after beating Edmonton and Calgary.  Gooooo Canucks!

Kev R

« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Let's see what Sundin does in Vancouver.  He's still got some good hockey in him and he's well rested.  Can't hurt Vancouver any.... but it might not help much either.

Flipping between games last night, of interest I saw.  Detroit devastate San Jose 6-0 in Detroit.

BUT  I watched the last bit of what looked like a decent 1-1 game.  Nothing in OT and then we go to the shoot out and I will just paste it from an article -

**In a season of few victories, the Lightning feel that they had the chance of securing a win taken from them in a controversial manner Thursday.

They dropped a shootout decision to Colorado without the puck ever going into the net, leaving the Lightning with two victories in the past 18 games. On-ice officials determined that goaltender Mike Smith threw his stick at the puck during Milan Hejduk's shootout attempt and Colorado won the shootout 1-0 to secure the additional point.

As Smith came sliding across the crease, he swept his stick hand to try to block Hejduk's shot attempt. In the process, the stick fell out of Smith's hand after the puck hit his blocker glove. Following a lengthy discussion, the officials determined that Smith threw his stick and awarded the goal **

HE did not throw the stick, he made the save with his blocker about the same time the stick left his hand.  He made one move with the stick and then lost the stick as he threw his hand up to make the save.  The fans were a little angry as they should have been.  If I had been coach I would have simply had my team leave the bench in protest.  Shitty officiating.

Vancouver

« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Sundins supposed to tell us what his decision is, I hope he comes here, cause he can be our player-star.
whoohoo!!

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Ha ha preparations for the outdoor hockey game between Chicago and Detroit at Wrigley Field on New Years Day has not started out so well.  I think Cappy needs to go down there and teach them how to drive a Zamboni

[youtube=425,350]eZAgccYTjvE[/youtube]

walterx2

« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2008, 11:42 PM »
Sundins supposed to tell us what his decision is, I hope he comes here, cause he can be our player-star.
whoohoo!!

Would either of you Vancouverites like to have your new hero on your TPB Fantasy Hockey team. I will listen to any offers.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Vancouver

« Reply #38 on: Dec 20, 2008, 02:40 AM »
hmm. im thinking about it...just got Gaborik back...maybe ill see how she goes for a bit here. its kind of a gamble, ya know, who knows how Matsy gonna be doin after all that down time...

Shit machine gun

« Reply #39 on: Dec 20, 2008, 06:19 AM »
yeah and I'll send you the sedins boys for malkin.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Shit machine gun

« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Carey, Carey, Carey, Carey, Carey.  You da man Pricey.  Beat those Pens.

I HATE Conky

Kev R

« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I was worried when the Sens went up 2-0 on my Flames.... but was I impressed not only with the come back and win but the dominating way they did it!  I do feel bad for Ottawa though.

shake

« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:43 PM »
I'm watching that hockey game in the baseball park now.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #43 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Me too. Looks like a good ole game of hockey.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Vancouver

« Reply #44 on: Jan 01, 2009, 01:14 PM »
me too. Chicago sure looks tight.

Vancouver

« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2009, 01:53 PM »
They said theres one player in this game who does not have the reebok logo on the back of their uniform right above their name...can anyone spot who it is??

Kev R

« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2009, 02:31 PM »
I'm just waking up.  1:29 in the afternoon.  Who needs to party late on new years, not me. 

Did watch my Flames beat Edmontonlast night.  3 times Edmonton had the lead. 

I hope Chicago win today at Wrigley since they just lost to Detroit 4-0 the other day. 

Canada did great coming back from the 3-0 deficit against the US in the world Jr's.  Good game, Canda got fired up thanks to some dirty play by the States. hahah!

Vancouver

« Reply #47 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:58 PM »
Tonights Sundins first time playing for Van and everytime he touches the puck he gets booed.  :-k
Ill bet he'll be glad to play here at home on Friday against St.Louis where I will be watching LIVE at GM PLACE! YaHoooOOO!

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Have fun :)

I'm just glad that the Sundin shit is over with. It got old hearing his name so much... like 3 months ago. He's not worth the hype.

Anyway, Canadiens win last night makes them 23-10-6 :)
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Kev R

« Reply #49 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Oh last night was good if you're a Flame/Oiler fan like me.  Oilers surprise most and beat Washington and then the Flames struggled for 2 periods against St.Louis but then decide to play in the 3rd. 

And as for Vancouver with Mats..... he sure isn't helping out so far.  More penalty minutes than points.