I don't know if this will help. This is for a Sprint LG rumor phone
Selecting Ringer Types for Messages
1. Press Menu > Settings/Tools > Settings > Sounds > Ringer Type > Messages.
2. Select Voicemail, TextMessage, PictureMail,VoiceSMS or Email. (A list of ring type categories will be displayed.)
3. Select a category, and then use your navigation key to
scroll through the available ringers. A sample ringer will
sound as you highlight each option.
4. Press to assign a ringer.
Your phone’s Email application lets you access and manage
multiple email accounts simultaneously in one convenient
Getting Started With Email
1. Press Menu > Messaging > Email. (The Email setup wizard
2. You may be prompted for information about email
accounts from certain cable providers. Provide the
appropriate information and press the right softkey to
3. Enter your wireless phone number and press the right
softkey. (If the phone number is already filled in, press
the right softkey to continue.)
4. Select an email provider (such as AOL® Mail, AIM® Mai
Windows® Live, Yahoo!®, or Gmail®) and press the righ
– or –
SelectMoreto choose from additional options. There a
many available email options including PCSMail, or yo
may add your own POP or IMAP email accounts.
5. Follow the setup wizard instructions to enter the
required sign-up information. Press Accept (right
softkey) if you are prompted to accept any license
agreements or disclaimers.
6. If applicable, read the notice regarding Mail Push. If you
would like to enable Mail Push, press Yes (right softkey
If another notice appears, review it and press Yes (right
softkey) again to enable Mail Push.
Note The information required to sign up will vary depending on
the email provider you are accessing.
Note: Mail Push allows your phone to automatically retrieve new
email messages without having to select the Send/Receive
option. When Mail Push is enabled, you will receive an
onscreen notice of new email messages. These notices may
be charged as SMS TextMessages. Please consult your service
plan for details.
Using Email on your phone is even easier than using multiple
email accounts on your computer. Just launch the application
and you’ll have instant access to all your accounts.
1. Once you have set up your Email, press Menu >
Messaging > Email to launch the application. (Your
default account inbox will be displayed.)
– or –
From an Email New Message notice (if Mail Push is
enabled), selectGOto go to your inbox.
2. Use your keypad and navigation keys to read, manage,
and reply to your email messages.
Press Menu(right softkey) to selectmessaging
options, such as Delete, Compose, Reply, Receive
changes, Settings, etc.
Press Menu(right softkey)
Receive changes to manually check for new messages.
To view a different email account, use your
navigation key to select the drop-down menu next
to the Inboxtab at the top of the screen, and then
select an account. You can also navigate to the Home
tab at the top of the screen and select an available
account from there.
To add a new account, use your navigation key to
select the Hometab at the top of the screen, and
then select AddAccount. Follow the instructions in
“Getting Started With Email” to set up a