Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Time line  (Read 64627 times)

Fantom 309

TPB Time line
« on: Jul 31, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Well I'm just trying to figure out what the time line is for the films and seasons, here is my guess:

EDITED:

One last shot (short film) - 1998  (according To their special Hearts of Dartmouth)
Trailer Park Boys (movie 1) - 1999
The Cart Boy - Between 1998 and 2000 (Becasue The Cart boy was used to pitch the idea of Bubbles to showcase before the first season was filmed in 2000)
Season 1 - 2001 (DVD Release in combo with season 2 - 2003)
Season 2 - 2002 (DVD Release in combo with season 1 - 2003)
Season 3 - 2003 (DVD Release - 2004)
Season 4 - 2004 (DVD Release - 2005)
Christmas special - 2004 (But as commentaries say filmed after season five because season five commentary mentioned they needed to film in reverse due to needing the unburned rays for the Christmas special) (DVD Release - 2005- For Original version packed with Conkey. 2006- For Dope and Liquor Edition which features TPB 101 and TPB: The Movie- Behind the scenes)
Season 5 - 2005 (DVD Release - 2006)
TPB The Big Dirty Movie (movie 2) - 2006 (Commentaries and featurettes say that this was filmed before season six because they had to a short season six due to the fact of filming for the movie) (DVD Release- 2007)
Season 6 - 2006 (DVD Release -2007)
Season 7 - 2007 (DVD Release- 2008).
Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys (12/07/08)

I believe thats all their releases, besides one last shot.

If I'm wrong please state where,
Thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2008, 09:44 AM by bridger »

shake

Re: TPB Time line
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2008, 04:48 PM »
What you are referring to as "One Last Shot" is likely the original B&W movie called "Trailer Park Boys", One Last Shot was a short film they did before TPB, and is not available.

The Big Dirty was filmed the same summer as Season 6 but the plot line does not follow the timeline of the show, just like the first movie didn't.

The Christmas special was a prequel to the show.

Please refer to the FAQ thread here http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,6806.0.html

Fantom 309

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2008, 08:19 PM »
What you are referring to as "One Last Shot" is likely the original B&W movie called "Trailer Park Boys", One Last Shot was a short film they did before TPB, and is not available.

The Big Dirty was filmed the same summer as Season 6 but the plot line does not follow the timeline of the show, just like the first movie didn't.

The Christmas special was a prequel to the show.

Please refer to the FAQ thread here http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,6806.0.html

Thanks so much for the information, so there is no way at all to get the original show? I thought I found it but guess not.

Oh ya can you make the time line for me? I know you said it here but I still don't understand it. I'm not trying to get the plot and story lines in sync, I just want it by year, like one last shot was filmed in, then TPB film was in, etc. Just wants a year time line
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011, 01:47 PM by Bridger »

shake

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2008, 08:59 PM »
As for the seasons all you can by the year.  Season 1 was aired in 2001 and season 7 was aired in 2007.  The original movie played at the Atlantic film festival in 1999.  I googled One Last Shot and it came up as 1998 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380601/  Google is a good thing, but IMDB can't always be trusted, it says Cart Boy was 1995 but no, it came after the original movie in 99 and before the show started in 01. 

I believe the Christmas special was shot the fall after they filmed season 5, which means filmed in 04, aired in 05, but you just need to look at the copyright date on your DVD.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Here Is what I could find (Remember Copyright dates are for the year that the movie or TV show is originally aired and usually the filming of the season for this show took place in the fall of the previous year)

One last shot (short film) - 1998  (according To their special Hearts of Dartmouth)
Trailer Park Boys (movie 1) - 1999
The Cart Boy - Between 1998 and 2000 (Becasue The Cart boy was used to pitch the idea of Bubbles to showcase before the first season was filmed in 2000)
Season 1 - 2001 (DVD Release in combo with season 2 - 2003)
Season 2 - 2002 (DVD Release in combo with season 1 - 2003)
Season 3 - 2003 (DVD Release - 2004)
Season 4 - 2004 (DVD Release - 2005)
Christmas special - 2004 (But as commentaries say filmed after season five because season five commentary mentioned they needed to film in reverse due to needing the unburned rays for the Christmas special) (DVD Release - 2005- For Original version packed with Conkey. 2006- For Dope and Liquor Edition which features TPB 101 and TPB: The Movie- Behind the scenes)
Season 5 - 2005 (DVD Release - 2006)
TPB The Big Dirty Movie (movie 2) - 2006 (Commentaries and featurettes say that this was filmed before season six because they had to a short season six due to the fact of filming for the movie) (DVD Release- 2007)
Season 6 - 2006 (DVD Release -2007)
Season 7 - 2007 (DVD Release- 2008).

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 02:38 PM by jakemaster1390 »
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

shake

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2008, 02:48 PM »
That's what I said :)

jakemaster1390

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2008, 02:50 PM »
I know But easier to understand
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

TheFave

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2008, 06:55 PM »
I'd pay good money for One Last Shot.

I wonder why it's not being made available...

walterx2

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I've often wondered that myself  :D
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

TheFave

« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Well, it would be grand if the PTB (Powers That Be - notice the same letters as TPB?? didya? DIDYA?) included it on the season 7 dvd as an extra.

Better still, as a trilogy along with the pilot and the Cart Boy (and yes I know it's on Season 1&2). 

Are the PTB paying attention to the fans of TPB?

King of the Carts

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2008, 05:33 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out where the Big Dirty Movie fits into the actual time line of the series.

shake

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2008, 05:58 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out where the Big Dirty Movie fits into the actual time line of the series.

It doesn't, the storyline of the The Big Dirty is completely independent of the series.

King of the Carts

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2008, 10:50 PM »

It doesn't, the storyline of the The Big Dirty is completely independent of the series.

Ahh...that's why I couldn't figure it out.

TheFave

« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2008, 09:21 AM »
The other piece of info that's missing is the length of the short.  Maybe it's not long enough to release as a standalone and needs to be bundled with other material.  Or maybe it's being saved as an extra for the next movie.

The other reason might be that the character of Mr. Lahey is portrayed as a drunk pet store owner rather than a trailer park supervisor and might compromise the "mocumentary" character.

Or, there could be rights issued or copyright issues. 

I can't even find it mentioned in any of the Atlantic Film Festival websites... they don't go back that far (1998-99).

In any event, I'm sure it will be a huge sales booster if it's included on the next DVD release because fans like me collect EVERYTHING... good or bad...

I've often wondered that myself  :D

shake

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2008, 09:32 AM »
The other reason might be that the character of Mr. Lahey is portrayed as a drunk pet store owner rather than a trailer park supervisor and might compromise the "mocumentary" character.

Yeah and from what I understand JP and Robb's characters were not called Julian and Ricky, those characters weren't quite developed fully at that time.

heavymetaldick

« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Well, it would be grand if the PTB (Powers That Be - notice the same letters as TPB?? didya? DIDYA?) included it on the season 7 dvd as an extra.

Better still, as a trilogy along with the pilot and the Cart Boy (and yes I know it's on Season 1&2). 

Are the PTB paying attention to the fans of TPB?

The cart boy story was never published on dvd and I dont know if it was aired on showcase.
The actual cart boy episode I watched on youtube was pretty similar to season 2 where Ricky becomes a security guard.
They based that episode on the cart boy short.
Ricky works for Jason (JP) as security guards. Mike Smith is known just as the Cart Boy and his cat is named Bubbles (Vince the Pince)
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2008, 05:20 PM »
The cart boy story was never published on dvd and I dont know if it was aired on showcase.

Actually this is wrong !!! It's an Easter Egg on Disk two of the Season 1&2 DVD set. All you have to do to get the Cart Boy Egg is select the shopping cart off the special features menu and hit 'enter" on your remote control.

For more Easter Eggs you can check out the FAQ thread here

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,6806.msg43752.html#msg43752

hennessey

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2009, 05:25 PM »
excuse me boys, but i believe this is the proper timeline

1997- the christmas special is first (the shitmobile is green and you get to see the damage done to it by ricky)

1999- the origional movie (which can be seen on you tube) heres the link for the movie in full http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_LKCdtTq0

2001- first season
2002- second season
2003- third season
2004- fourth season
2005- fifth season             
2006- sixth season
2007- seventh season
2008- a one hour short entitled "say goodbye to the badguys
2009- movie entitled countdown to liquor day

the movie called the big dirty isnt really part of the timeline, i consider it an alternate season 5... and cart boy has certain continuity errors so its not part of the storyline either
i must be fire retarded boys, shut the fuck up cuz your distractulating my case, i dont understand investaments julian, chances of getting caught out here are zerlow

Chantal

« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2009, 03:00 PM »
I don't think Countdown to Liquor Day is supposed to be a part of the series either, actually. I could be wrong, but I heard that someplace, and if it was then they managed to completely exclude Randy and Lucy's baby from the movie. :P

shake

« Reply #19 on: Nov 22, 2009, 03:59 PM »

1997- the christmas special is first (the shitmobile is green and you get to see the damage done to it by ricky)

Yes the Christmas special was set in 97 but Bridger is talking about the timeline as in when they were filmed.  That was a second a shitmobile they bought for the purpose of the special.

ucrdoh

« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:54 PM »

1999- the origional movie (which can be seen on you tube) heres the link for the movie in full http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_LKCdtTq0

2001- first season
2002- second season
2003- third season
2004- fourth season
2005- fifth season             
2006- sixth season
2007- seventh season
2008- a one hour short entitled "say goodbye to the badguys
2009- movie entitled countdown to liquor day

the movie called the big dirty isnt really part of the timeline, i consider it an alternate season 5... and cart boy has certain continuity errors so its not part of the storyline either

The movie is in an alternate timeline, hence why Trinity looks different etc.  Probably happened when Ricky went back in time on accident and fucked a bunch a shit up. :D  I know that didn't happen, but it would be cool if it did, some sort of dope time machine or something..

Awesome Austin

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2015, 01:37 AM »
Update, I've been doing research and the way the canon timeline works is that when season 7 ended, the say goodnight to the bad guys took place a year after the final event from season 7. Then the 2nd movie countdown to liquor day follows in the timeline of 1year after say goodnight to the bad guys. Then the 2014 Dont legalize it movie events take place just before the season 8 and 9 premiere. Just thought I would keep everyone up to date
Find me on twitter @ImTheRealNoOne