Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Songs Of the Show Index- Song FAQ (Place your Song Questions Here please)  (Read 100811 times)

evilbubbles

informative and a good read about buck 65.  the fact that you are a girl is making me all hot though...

jakemaster1390

Now Now evilbubbles. Be Careful.

Here is a really good link to his Biography

http://www.musicianguide.com/biographies/1608004702/Buck-65.html
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009, 12:19 AM by jakemaster1390 »
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

evilbubbles

i'm sure you have a good backhand slap there jakemeister but i don't think it can reach all the way to michigan from florida.  fine.  you don't make me hot at all. not one bit.  moving on now :bigleaf:

jakemaster1390

I personally Don't Mind. Trust me I have never had a real boyfriend and don't hear that stuff often. I only have in mind what others will think.

Now Lets get back to topic

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

thewolf917

There's a song in Countdown to Liquorday that doesn't seem to be in the credits.  Its in the scene when Ricky is pulling up in his car to see his father for advice.  Does anyone know who it is?

shake

I'd like to know that too.  It does sound like Rick Jeffery and or Dutch Mason.  As the credit roll they do play a credited song by Garrett Mason, Dutch's son so it may be him.

Tiggy Puddin

Me three. It sounds like an awesome song.  8)

thewolf917

I listened to most of the Dutch catalog..  Doesn't seem to be him.  It sounds a lot like Rick Jeffery but I'm limited to the few songs posted on youtube...  Hopefully the song will be posted in this thread when music credit list is ready...  I wonder why it's not in the credits...

jakemaster1390

Being busy as of late I have not been able to take time to update this index with the new movie. I am also wondering which songs belong to which credits so I must take the time to update these listings.  I will have to double check but I have a feeling that why this music is not credited in the credits is that it may be an original composition that has a feeling like we have heard it before so it is included under the credit for Blain morris. Also it may also be an obscure part of a song that is already listed but I will have to do further research when I get Time (Which maybe will be in a week for me because of my reading week).

Update

Started going over the episodes again and making changes to some of the songs that still needed identification. After friday I will have plenty of time to go over the movie and make this listing as complete as I can.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 08:31 PM by jakemaster1390 »

grandgroove

• Dancefloor Numerology
In the scene in S01E03 where the boys are driving to get hydro gear, the beat is actually done by DJ Premier. He is one of the most legendary and respected producers/beatsmiths in hiphop worldwide.

I've got the song, and I'll post it. I don't remember the standard version (who's MCing on it, tec.), but I'll find out.
.some natures create no plagues.

jakemaster1390

If the person MC'ing the original beat is Gangstarr (Duo containing DJ premier), I think it is close to what is used in episode but what is used in the show is MC by Buck 65 under one of his different stage handles. I will agree with you though that the beat is probably DJ Premier's but from listening to the song So What's up (one of his songs as part of the duo Gangstarr) I think that the beat has slightly been modified for what is used in the show. If you listen closely to the beat in the one used in the show, There is no double drum beat in the repeat of the beat like DJ Premier. Also if you happen to have the DVD, turn on the commentary becasue Clattenburg will tell you (and it is during that scene) that the Raps were Done by Stinkin' Rich (aka Trick Pony as credited in the credits and Buck 65 as the stage name he is better known for)
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 09:06 PM by jakemaster1390 »

grandgroove

• Dancefloor Numerology
No, the scene I'm talking about is just a straight instrumental being played in Julian's truck as they're driving to pick up some gear. It's a Premo joint that he did for another rapper. I've got the full track on a stack of white label 12" instrumentals I picked up a few years back.

Much love to Guru and DJ Premier for their Gangstarr work.

Something else I noticed: the synth melody for the Planet Rock track used in TPB varies from the original. If memory serves correct, the original synth melody on the actual Bambaataa song was taken from Kraftwerk. Maybe they thought there'd be a stink over using the original melody? Just a thought...
.some natures create no plagues.

sherry_girl

There's a song in Countdown to Liquorday that doesn't seem to be in the credits.  Its in the scene when Ricky is pulling up in his car to see his father for advice.  Does anyone know who it is?

If you find this then you're in good stride cause you've found the right post finally.  The answer that everyone is dying to know, "What song is playing when Ricky goes to see Ray on his boat?" Drumroll please...the artist is the Canadian Blues singer Garrett Mason and the song is called Howlin' for my Baby.  But wait you won't find it on Napster so good luck downloading it for .99 cents. However, you are in luck.  Here is a myspace link [http://www.myspace.com/garrettmasonmusic] to sample some of the artist greatest hits. You will have to find a way to download the infamous song on your own  :)

HalifaxExplosion

S04E07-Propane, Propane
Randy and Layhey in Cowboy and Indian costumes dancing- Time:3:14
         Dutch Mason- Title Unknown (Needs Identification)

Has anyone figured this song out yet?

Perfect drinkin' music and I must know

shake

If you find this then you're in good stride cause you've found the right post finally.  The answer that everyone is dying to know, "What song is playing when Ricky goes to see Ray on his boat?" Drumroll please...the artist is the Canadian Blues singer Garrett Mason and the song is called Howlin' for my Baby.  But wait you won't find it on Napster so good luck downloading it for .99 cents. However, you are in luck.  Here is a myspace link [http://www.myspace.com/garrettmasonmusic] to sample some of the artist greatest hits. You will have to find a way to download the infamous song on your own  :)

If that's the case then it is the last song they play during the credits, the one they identify as being by Garrett Mason as I mentioned earlier.  I couldn't tell if it was the same song or not.  Thanks for the link!

beodo0

Looking for lucy's theme...

I want to know what's the song that lucy it's always listening to in their home, I mean this song:

S06E02-The Cheeseburger Picnic

* Ricky walking in on Lucy and Officer George Green- Time:20:59

Buck 65- Title Unknown

I'm sure that's not from buck 65, becouse it's not the buck 65 voice singing it.

I'm from spain, so I don't understand the lyrics of the song with ricky speaking lol.

Anybody knows??? thanks!!!

sherry_girl

Actually you can buy the Love and Sound album featuring "Howlin' for my baby" from [www.garrettmason.com].  I also like songs from his first album "I'm Just a Man". 

thewolf917

If that's the case then it is the last song they play during the credits, the one they identify as being by Garrett Mason as I mentioned earlier.  I couldn't tell if it was the same song or not.  Thanks for the link!

Howlin For My Baby is NOT the song playing in the scene.  It is only used in the credits...Mr. Mason kicks ass though...

shake

Do you know the name of the song at Ray's then?

thewolf917

I wish I knew.  The guitar riff has a Black Keys/Dan Auerbach twang... Could be an original composition like someone mentioned before. 
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2010, 11:43 PM by thewolf917 »

Tiggy Puddin

I think there is only one man around here who might know the answer to this question...
CLATTY!!

thewolf917

Just watched Liquor Day again...  You are right.  The track is Garret Mason's in that scene...

GmeAFuckinR

Tiggy has blue ATM dye on a Dohnut!  :perv1:

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

DeViLzzz

I am definitely still looking for someone to identify song that Rick Jeffery did and it was playing in Ray's trailer in Season 1 Episode 1 when Ricky says no way I will be going to my dad's trailer to stay for the night or whatever ... really crazy sounding song ...

Please help :)

18matthew

Can someone send me the song from season 2 episode 4 when Ricky and Julien are talking about spidermites PLEASE??? I have been looking for years.