Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Windows Media Palyer 11 gremlins  (Read 3035 times)

jakemaster1390

Windows Media Palyer 11 gremlins
« on: Jul 08, 2008, 01:47 AM »
OK I am just about to go fucking nuts and was wondering if you guys had a suggestion on how to fix this gremlin. I notice that Windows media player is going into my music file and changing the file names and info to what they are not supposed to be. I even went to the lengths of erasing all my files and recopying them from my MP3 player and it is still doing it to me. Now I am almost to the point of saying fuck it and just switching to another program.

Also when I find out the names of the files have been changed, I usually go in to change them manually in my computer and in the program and upon reboot of the computer, I find they have reverted once again. If anyone knows anything please help me.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Shit machine gun

Re: Windows Media Palyer 11 gremlins
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:19 AM »
Sounds like you got the Ricky version of MP11.  I say uninstall and reinstall or go to something else.  There's lots of shit out there. 

Google your problem and maybe someone out there has had the same thing happen.  Sounds f'ed up.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

stinky

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:21 AM »
I dont have WMP11 at work but checked WMP10.
If you go into tools, options and library.
There's a checkbox for "rename music files using rip music settings"
Maybe that's doing it.
If you cant see the tools menu, you need to maximise WMP or, right click on the title bar.
Cheers

Drew
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2008, 04:07 PM by stinky »
Keepin it real !

stinky

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Just upgraded to WMP11 on another box and the same goes for that version, although the box isn't ticked by default. Worth a try.
I prefer RealPlayer btw

:D :D

Drew
Keepin it real !

shake

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I was warned to not upgrade to WMP 11, so I always say no to upgrade.  Something about licensing of songs or something, I forget now.

stinky

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2008, 04:07 PM »
They also removed support for the MMS protocol. This is still used by some companies to ensure webcasts work properly, normally audio only.
If you install WMP11 they dont work unless they can rollover to HTTP.
Only really affects you if your in an office behind a firewall. We have several Users at work who sit through an hour or so of an audio webcast  :snore: :snore:

The links start with MMS:// instead of HTTP://

RTSP is better and more reliable, they start RTSP://

I could go on but your probably asleep already.. :shock:
Keepin it real !

trice

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2008, 05:20 PM »
I installed Real Player also...of course being none too computer savvy I haven't used it yet! I'm a wiz on my computer for my job, but for using it for fun I blow! This year I got a PC and a laptop..laptop for business, PC for fun. The problem is I'm so out of the loop for the fun part that it's freakin pathetic  :roll:

jakemaster1390

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2008, 11:06 PM »
Actually stinky, that box was checked. I only found the problem of the rewritten filenames ind properties when I used their information services to find the missing info for my music so I decided to uncheck the retrieve missing information and hoping that will solve the problem.

If what I have done hasn't worked then I do have Realplayer as a backup on my computer (came originally with Realplayer and Windows Media player 9). I just prefer to use windows media player at the moment.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2008, 11:07 PM by jakemaster1390 »

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Shit machine gun

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Stop stealing music.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Almost all the music on my computer comes off of CD's That I own. But with these problems I have had to reload it from My Mp3 Player Which Desn/t have the Necessary info to keep my library Organized, and I am not willing to type Alot.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2008, 05:19 PM by jakemaster1390 »