Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Mozilla ate my bookmarks!  (Read 1991 times)

cart girl

Mozilla ate my bookmarks!
« on: Apr 13, 2008, 11:49 PM »
now, no one wants to admit that they ate 9 cans of ravioli, and i guess that the interweb is just the same....i was gone all weekend working a festival, and when i got home, mozilla had eaten like 3/4 of my stored bookmarks.  has anyone ever had this happen?  it would make more sense to me if they were ALL gone, or even just half in the order that they were listed, but it took my two top folders full of stuff, and the bottom one (out of 5 folders), but left the others....and it ate the huge list of un-folderized ones except for about 4 of them.... :( 
does anyone have any ideas of how/why this happened?
(not holding out any hope on this one) any ways to recover said bookmarks?
just some sympathy?
not a note~!

jakemaster1390

Re: Mozilla ate my bookmarks!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2008, 01:57 PM »
So you still have internet explorer. If they appear in there, then it is mozilla doesn't recognize those bookmarks. Sad to say, I like internet explorer 7 better than mozilla, too many plugins that need to be downloaded in order to make it functional
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:25 PM »
Mozilla does strange things sometimes. I too admit to being an IE user (last time I tried to move my bookmarks over, Mozilla ate the lot!)

cart girl

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2008, 07:41 PM »
well, i have explorer, but not all my bookmarks were saved in both...meh, this computer needs fire and lots of it! 
not a note~!

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Mozilla is notorious for doing that. What I did is installed this addon called Bookmark Backup. I tried searching for it but it seems defunct... Try this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

cart girl

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2008, 08:34 AM »
thanks bottle kid!  wait, a bottle kid did something good??? :shock: :shock: :shock:  (thanks!!)
not a note~!