Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Task Manager Fucked Up  (Read 3790 times)

jakemaster1390

Task Manager Fucked Up
« on: Apr 02, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Right now WHen I hit  ctrl+alt+del to bring up the taskmanager, For some reason The fucker is stuck in the processes mode. The Tabs for switching between Applications, pricesses, performance and networking have disappeared, I have no menu bar  and even the title bar with the minimize, maximize and exit buttons are gone. I use that alot becasue for some reason my computer has been very slow lately and I want to find out what in the hell is making it slow.

I know I recently downloaded the windows updates (my mother swears that those fucked up her last computer at work) and jsut before It fucked up, I ran a PC Stress Test with PC Doctor 5 for windows (diagnostic program)

(Yes Cappy I have already tried hitting it with a hammer)
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Shit machine gun

Re: Task Manager Fucked Up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:04 AM »
reboot, then reboot again, then tap it with the hammer
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Brophy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Call the prostitute. They might know.
Nom Nom Nom

Ms Vee

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Here's a tissue for your issue(s).  :)

jakemaster1390

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Fixed it. It took a system restore to fix the fucker. But now I have to download some programs due to the turn back. I hate having to do that

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Holy_Fack

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:41 PM »
i've had that happen before!!!  No tabs or anyway to navigate to the kill tab!  What good is Windows without the kill button for ending frozen-fuck programs!!!  i've had this same error happen without even browsing the internet so don't know if it's a virus.  case in point, i lived for about a year out in the country just a while ago, and even without the internet, i still had this fuckup and many others with windows xp.  microsoft software just gets fucked from using it... it's just the way it is... format the fuckin fuck, as i always say... wipe everything out and start fresh!  virus scan your hard drive from another computer and salvage what you can... then wipe the fucker out!!!  don't fuck with antivirus, antispyware, etc.  That doesn't always solve the problem anyway, and is often slower than the 45 minutes or so it takes to reinstall windows.  As soon as you have something acting fucked that you know is fucked for good, you should already have the windows xp cd (or dvd copy [loads faster]) preparing your next version of windows on that other computer you bought at value village, while you try to salvage whatever files that aren't fucked on the other computer on some external hard drive or some shit.  The only thing I would fuck with for programs is one that makes an exact copy of your hard drive, if you are like me, and spent fuckin hours installing programs you don't want to install again.  no program is perfect for that but i slightly recommend powerquest drive image and that often fuckety norton ghost or Acronis True Image.  isohunt.com is a good place to purchase them programs from my experience. 

that windows xp built-in-fuck-of-a-backup program told me there was a "catastrophic event" when i tried to back up my entire hard drive today, but i didn't see any tidal waves or tornadoes heading my way, so the fuck was lying...  anything to stop you from migrating from the copy you already have installed, the fuckees!!!  Don't forget to make dvd backups cuz they last for like 10 years (long as you keep your greaseburger fingers off them) unlike hard drives... especially mine cuz i beat the fuck out of them like 24-hour a day S&M when they try to fuck with me.  which reminds me as to why i'm TRYING to back up my laptop hard drive right now for some routine warranty work  :o

I've ranted off topic a bit... but i think this is important knowledge for anyone.  i've done a lot of consumer-based backup for customers and moreso for myself haha so trust this man.

And that system restore shit is click-and-pray shit.  but when you get lucky and it actually solves the problem, it can save time... unless like you said, you had to install a bunch of shit all over again.  But have that other computer on standby... get that xp dvd in that other fucker and installing right away!  That way if 45 minutes goes by... and you haven't solved fuck... which often happens, then who cares cuz your other computer is ready to go and you have free reign to take the baseball bat to the other fuck.

Hope I could be of some service.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2008, 10:50 PM by Holy_Fack »
"Exactly... get 2 birds stoned at once!"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Oh Fuck. Right now I sweaer I could beat the fuck out of it. For some reason some files are reveritng back to previous states from shutdown, Not able to install fucking MCAFEE antivirus for some fucking reason (downloaded it who knows how many god damn times an the fucker still won't save.) Now I have free reign to do whatever I want with my computer but My mother has a heart attack everytime I do anything. and I don't like to fuck around with the OS shit (Had a computer crash during an upgrade to windows 1998 from 3.1 took us about a year to get that fucker up and working again only with the help of a friend that knows computers but totally lost our cd drive and the reason we got a new computer)

My mother dosn't believe in the updates becasue that is what she believes fucked up her computer at work (and I believe her. Everytime I download a new update, something else fucks up on me somewhere.) For example I recently Downloaded A Service Pack 1for Microsoft office 2007 (needed a wordprocessing thing that was better than worksand it was jsut about to go on the market when I was looking) The fucking service pack fixed alot of the slowness i experienced within the program ( to access certian features it took about a minute to access them which were features I use alot but now they respond within a few seconds) But now I find out that the fucking programs will not support writing files to CD's so I have to use the Myt programs folder way which I really hate doing.

Also anyone have any suggestions for stopping someone form using your computer for sending out others spam e-mail. I believe mymothers computer is having that happen to her becasue for a while there she was getting alot of postmasters to E-mail addresses that she has never sent to and plus she gets so heavily spammed herself.

Salem13

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:16 PM »
If you don't update you'll end up a victim another way...  having an infected computer, being a "spambot", violates most ISP's user agreements and you may be disconnected for it.

Best I can offer is to maybe try an online scan through the likes of Panda's scanner
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/

You may try a reputable spyware scan such as adaware or spybot search and destroy.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

jakemaster1390

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2008, 10:51 PM »
Oh for my mothers computer the first solution when she was getting these postmasters was to do a windows update (I think she had 64 updates becsue she does not trust windows update). I Think that stopped a hell of a lot of the spam. Now next thing is to talk her into getting a subscription to Mcaffee (I am currently running a semi disabled mcaffee due to me not being able to keep the damn virus scan in my computer but it is one of those trail offers but for three months)

Now with mine, Checked it out. Everything is as it should be. My IP address was normal (actually have it semi memorized after tracking down why my computer wouldn't network withthe other computers) None of the signs you mentioned there. I am wondering if it is not  a BIOS Error becasue actually I am getting manyglitches where it couldn't keep the changing of programs in memory ( ex. music files, Change certain parameters in the description and then after the reboot it automatically reverts back to the way I saved it last time) and the last thing I did was a major update of the computer, including installing acrobat reader 8.0, Windows updates and HP updates and one of those HP Updates inculded an update for the BIOS (forgot what it was to correct though) becasue when I reset the computer. The startup was a little different than usual but just for that one time. I really Don't know/ I think I have had only hed one virus on this computer and I was lucky that I found it before it was activated (and if worse comes to worse, I will just reinstall nortons that came with my computer but I really prefer Mcaffee becasue I find nortons plays havoc with the speed of my family's computers)

Right now What I do have is the The security center (and it will still do scans) but it says that I am unable to update because I don't have the virus scanner and for some reason I can't even bring up the Site advisor. Also mcaffee is not showing up in the lists of the Add/ delete programs.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2008, 10:55 PM by jakemaster1390 »

jakemaster1390

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2008, 11:06 PM »
No Only thing I have installed recently to my computer was a new dvd combo drive. I have been running Mem tests from the PC doctior that came with my computer when I purchased it. I am thinking at this point I have to find all traces of mcaffee, erase it and redownload it. Becasue I think what happened was that maybe me deleting only a portion of it and then redownloading it is causing all the trouble for me. I thinking now it is software conflicts that are causing my problems because I haven't had anything that you have been mentioning.

Yeah, I am kind of a worrywort but i I have this need to know the intimate workings of everything I work with and only to help others out that I come across (Actually at my new university campus, You wouldn't believe how many students and even professors that I have had to bail ther butts out of becasue they don't know how to work the equipment. because our tech department sucks and alot of the time, our tech people are out when someting screws up technologically becasue they close when the library closes which is before many of the evening classes start.