Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: something fucked up with ctrl + f, and more  (Read 2669 times)

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
something fucked up with ctrl + f, and more
« on: Mar 30, 2008, 12:16 AM »
Hello!
Here's a weird problem that seemed to occur out of no where: I just installed the latest firefox update. Now, it seemed a lot of people are finding errors in it when I checked out the support forum, but no one had the same issue as me, which was that my Ctrl + F key command, to bring up my "find" bar, would no longer display unless I hit the combo about 8 times. I was pretty irritated but discovered that "Ctrl + G" brought up the find bar to "find last", so it works just as well...
Then, I went to play the Sims. I was going to bring up my cheat box, (ctrl + shift + C) but it wouldn't work! I went on a support site to see what might be the problem but the suggestions didn't apply to me.
Someone on Yahoo Answers suggested another person having the same issue use the ctrl button on the opposite side their keyboard, which I tried, and it worked.
So that's two programs now where using my control button doesn't do what it's supposed to.
I don't get it.
Further, the control + another key function is fucking up in more ways than one. ctrl + f is completely unattainable but using that control for things like copying and pasting works fine... The other control (right side of the keyboard)+ f works. It makes NO sense at all.

ETA: Things I've tried...
-Uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver
-Windows Update
-Registry Booster
-Virus Scan
-System Restore
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

shyguy905

Re: something fucked up with ctrl + f, and more
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2008, 02:39 AM »
re-install the OS??  No seriously.  They actually say you should do sort of a "spring clean up" like once a year or so where you back up all your data and format your hard drive and do a clean install.  I do it twice a year.  That might work for you.  Just a thought.  Otherwise I have no idea what could be the problem or how to fix it.  Best of luck though!

BoTTleKid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2008, 03:25 AM »
Uhg, I was thinking about that too. I'd like to try not to though...
-

Shit machine gun

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2008, 07:35 AM »
maybe someone switched the keys on you
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

BoTTleKid

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2008, 11:55 AM »
nope.
-

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2008, 12:48 PM »
wow I do not know what to tell you BK but I installed the latest firefox update last week myself and the ctrl + f and ctrl + g etc... works fine for me

BoTTleKid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Well it's working again now. I don't know why. I turned the keyboard upside down and hit it a few times and now it works. You'd think it dislodged some gunk, but the fact that that control key worked with + c, +v, +x, +g, +a, etc etc, that if the problem was caused by dirt inside the keyboard, it wouldn't have worked with anything.
:shrug:
Whatever!
-

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Well it's working again now. I don't know why. I turned the keyboard upside down and hit it a few times and now it works. You'd think it dislodged some gunk, but the fact that that control key worked with + c, +v, +x, +g, +a, etc etc, that if the problem was caused by dirt inside the keyboard, it wouldn't have worked with anything.
:shrug:
Whatever!

Lol, hitting things usually does the trick.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2008, 02:42 AM »
Normally i just hit it with a hammer.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!