Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Scare of my life  (Read 3219 times)

jakemaster1390

Scare of my life
« on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Today I bought a new DVD drive for my computer. I have Taken computers apart before and not had a problem.  Well when I went to install the thing, It took a bit for me and my father to figure out how to take it apart, but once we did it went smoothly. Well when I turned it on to check it out, The computer started to act screwy. When I finally got it fully booted, I had noticed I had neither the drive that had come with the computer nor the new one. Plus booting was screwy. This was freaking me out. (Plus I hate paying for some overpriced dickweed to fix it)

Well next I decided to take the thing back out of the loop and didn't everything start acting normally. When that happened, I thought of an earlier post from here and from what I had read in the manual earlier on today. Both drives were set to be the fucking master drives. They were fucking competing with each other fucking up the whole system. Once I had set the jumper on the new drive to be the slave drive, the whole system started to act normally.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: Scare of my life
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Lesson learned for you and the rest of us. I'm glad you got things resolved Jake.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

jakemaster1390

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:33 PM »
So for anyone else wanting to put in two or more Disc drives (and even it applies to hard drives) make sure the thing that you are putting in is set as a slave drive (usually a pair of pins on the back of the drive with a little jumper).

Yes, I have also learned to read the manuals thoroughly before doing anything, Which usually i do in the first place but this time I didn't have enough time to look at it closely becasue i had to head to class.

I think the stupid thing of it now is that they put important manuels on disc's, If something fucks up and you don't have another coputer to look at it on, then you are completely fucked, (thank god there are three cfomputers in my house including mine)

I have also learned, Never let my father near a computer. He is a friggen bad luck omen. First time we had him in a computer to help me and my mother (after we had crashed it updating it to window's 98) He frigged over the pins that supply the power to the cd drive (looking for serial numbers to get the proper drivers after everything was up and working again). Also he bent a pair of jumper pins trying to plug a cable into a place where it didn't fit (he trys and bull things into place).
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008, 07:37 PM by jakemaster1390 »

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2008, 02:43 AM »
Hit it with a hammer!
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Brophy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Good call Capperoo!  There are lots of things I would like to do that to.
Nom Nom Nom

jakemaster1390

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Oh I wish I could do that so many times. I hate technology. Why do you think I have that guy in my sig throwing the computer. I remeber one semester, I took a computer programming class and The fucking thing was so slow, I wish almost everyday that I could take it up to the school roof and throw the fucker or my other thing (i Say fuck the hammer) For me would have bashed it it with a damn sledgehammer.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:06 AM »
what was the scare of your life?  the dvd drive not working?  Ever have sex with a prostitute then realize the condom you thought you put on, is still in the package?  Me neither, but that would be a lot scarier.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

golfinwithflames

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:59 AM »
HAHAHA!!!

jakemaster1390

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2008, 02:38 PM »

what was the scare of your life?  the dvd drive not working?  Ever have sex with a prostitute then realize the condom you thought you put on, is still in the package?  Me neither, but that would be a lot scarier.

NO!!

Each different scare has its own catagory. Now there are technology scares (which I don't have the transportation to get it to a shop and I hate paying those bastards) and there are real life scares

My fucking worst real life scare such as finding out your kid brother was lost at camp the first time we were allowed to go to camp alone out in but fuck nowhere and then find out at the end it was only a drill and that he was safe all the time