Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Faq  (Read 3296 times)

jakemaster1390

Faq
« on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Here's a suggestion. Make the Faq its own forum topic on the index page. Then if we make it as its won forum, then we can put all the quesitons in there and stop clogging up trailer park chat. Also I use the Faq's quite frequently but whenever I need to use them, I can never remember where they are so I think that they need to be more prominent as its own forum so it is more likely new people joining would find it more easily before asking about it. (I only find the faq section when it happens to pop up in the news bar after alot of searching.)

Mod edit...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Shit machine gun

Re: Faq
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Dude, I thought you were calling someone a fag.  Got the q and g mixed up.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:06 AM »
They look too similar in the lower case

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

shake

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:25 AM »
We are looking into a way to make the FAQ thread easier to find.  For now I created a new thread in the Trailer Park News forum that tells you where it is.  It is a stickied thread.  So for those of you that are already aware of it, you just have to remember that it is a stickied topic in both the Trailer Park Chat and the Trailer Park News forum.  Stickied means it will remain at the top of the forum.  So if you want to look for it, look at the top of either of these forums. 

I can never remember where they are so I think that they need to be more prominent as its own forum so it is more likely new people joining would find it more easily before asking about it. (I only find the faq section when it happens to pop up in the news bar after alot of searching.)

Another hint for searching in general is to type the work "frequently" into the search and check "Topic subjects only".  That will help you find a topic when you know a word in the title.

More to come.

shake

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:30 AM »
So other than making the FAQ thread easier to find you are saying you would like a new forum, other than TPB chat, or TPB news just to ask questions?

jakemaster1390

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I think it would be more sensible to have a forum that would handle the questions about the making of the show, the cars of the show, and anything of that nature instead of having it strewn about in the trailer park chat and Trailer park news because ti sometimes gets a little annoying and I think it would make it easier for new people joining the boards to find the facts and we older people would be answering the same questions less. (I know you have the forum under trailer park chat questions for the TPB and that seems to be where all the techinical questions seem to be ending up and it could be repurposed for that) If all that info was concentrated to one place it would make the facts of the show a little easier ot find.

shake

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Well this is something I suggested a while back.  Thing is there was some objection to it, some people think there are too many forums already.  I'd like to hear somemore opinions on it.

The trivia forum is also a good place for such questions, as I see some of them have landed there.  Lord knows nobody wants to play trivia anymore, perhaps we should just rename that one "Questions and Trivia".

jakemaster1390

« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Yeah. I understand you want more opinions. even if you just repurposed a forum if people think there are too many forums but the only thing is just make it somehow more prominent as "this is the place to post your questions about the technical shit of the show".

Oh and another question. Is there a episode guide on this site. I am kinda sick of having to fo to a source that is slow for loading. If There isn't I am willing to create one that would also help poeple figure out what episodes they want to talk about.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008, 11:52 AM by jakemaster1390 »

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:07 PM »
You could just bookmark any topics that you use for research too. Press the button between "REPLY" and "NOTIFY" under the post. This adds the topic to your ORG bookmarks found at the top of each page. Very useful tool if you use it.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

shake

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Yeah. I understand you want more opinions. even if you just repurposed a forum if people think there are too many forums but the only thing is just make it somehow more prominent as "this is the place to post your questions about the technical shit of the show".

Oh and another question. Is there a episode guide on this site. I am kinda sick of having to fo to a source that is slow for loading. If There isn't I am willing to create one that would also help poeple figure out what episodes they want to talk about.

Yeah we could either rename the trivia forum the Questions and Trivia forum or the Questions for the TPB forum, the Questions forum :)

Yeah we just link to the Showcase site and use their episode guide, no sense in reinventing the wheel

I just updated the link in the FAQ...

For a list and summary of previous episodes check here:

http://www.showcase.ca/tpb/season7.aspx

If you scroll over Episode Guide on the left you get a list of other seasons than just season 7.

Is that the site you said was too slow for loading?  I don't have any problems with it.

We also have separate forums for seasons 5, 6, and 7 where people can comment on those episodes.

shake

« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Alright since no one has objected and there seems to be a lot of questions lately, I renamed the trivia forum to Questions about TPB and Trivia.  We can move some of the existing questions there.  We'll see how things goes, we can explore other options.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I've also added the FAQ link to my profile signature. I seem to have a few posts here so one of them shouldn't be hard to find.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0