Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Question about torrents.  (Read 2404 times)

jakemaster1390

Question about torrents.
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I am still learning slowly about torrents. I know that you require a torrent client to download the suckers (got it form Utorrent.com) but once their downloaded, i seem to have a problem playing them. What program do yu guys use to play back the torrent. I had a sound only torrent play on windows media player but the video ones I can't seem to find a progran that will support them.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Shit machine gun

Re: Question about torrents.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:48 PM »
some files are zipped or in .rar format, for which you'll need winrar or something similar to extract the files.

Some movies come in .bin or .cue files which you'll require Nero to burn the file as it is an image.  if the movie is in .avi or .mpg format you should be able to watch them on any player.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:09 PM »
The one recently that I tried to download was a .avi format and it said that it didn't work. Where do you get the programs that you mentioned.

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Shit machine gun

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:40 PM »
i usually find torrents for those, and they're usually downloadable either as a program or zip file that you can extract with any compression software

You might need to download K Lite Codec pack, just do a search for that.  Some players need an updated codec to play video
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:56 PM »
k/ I will eventually get this to work. But for now I think I will stick to Streaming video.

Jarska

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 03:30 PM »
but once their downloaded, i seem to have a problem playing them. What program do yu guys use to play back the torrent. I had a sound only torrent play on windows media player but the video ones I can't seem to find a progran that will support them.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2008, 02:44 AM »
Hit it with a hammer!
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Don't bother with codecs, it's a waste of energy. Simply google VLC media player. That plays anything you throw at it, essentially, unless the file is corrupted. WMP is good for playing music and wmv videos, and that's it.
And just FYI, the torrent is sort of a go between for the file you're downloading and the "tracker" you're downloading the file from. So you don't try to play the .torrent, if that's what you're doing, because the torrent isn't the file you're trying to get, rather, the path. So the problem you're having is playing .avi files, not torrent files.
But yeah, use VLC.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-