Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: just want to check.  (Read 2163 times)

jakemaster1390

just want to check.
« on: Nov 22, 2007, 11:47 PM »
today I jsut recieved highspeed internet and a modem that is also part router. I noticed when I pressed ctrl, alt, delete and look at the networking tab of Windows task manager, I notice that my network utilization percentage does not go above 0.30%. is this normal? I know this router has a 100Mbps transfer speed and is part wireless. If it is not normal how do I speed it up?
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Salem13

Re: just want to check.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:13 PM »
I'm streaming a hockey game right now and bouncing between .70 and .21% usage...

your available 100mbs will never get clogged up by even a super fast 3mbs cable connection (3% max on an unbelievable 3mbs connection)

jakemaster1390

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:29 PM »
ok that is just fucked. Mine doesn't even go above 0.40%. Me being the computer nerd of the family, I always want to upgrade everything and make everything go as fast as possible. I wish that the full 100Mbps could be used.

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Salem13

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2007, 11:59 AM »
ok that is just fucked. Mine doesn't even go above 0.40%. Me being the computer nerd of the family, I always want to upgrade everything and make everything go as fast as possible. I wish that the full 100Mbps could be used.

Well that 100mbs to whatever your high speed internet is would be like going from a fire hose to a sippy straw... the best sippy straw (internet) you can get for your home will never fill that fire hose (between your modem and computer)... and while you are looking at it you need to be downloading the piss out of something to see it go up at all.

The best cable internet out there is 3mbs, thats only 3% at full load... if you want to see 100mbs grab another computer, a pass through cable, network them and then start passing huge files back and forth.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Well to put it that way, Then I am Not Complaining. Besides It decently plays movies for me and at least it isn't A 56Mbps router like the ones we were looking at in order to get our  computers networking together. We lucjed out that our internet company upon our request gave us a modem that was both a wired and a wireless router for about  half the price you would pay for the router and modem alone.