Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Cars of the show!  (Read 42506 times)

Phil Collins

Re: Cars of the show!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Or did Randy trade it for cheesburgers while Lahey was in the looney bin?

:hide:
Keep your eye on the tiger.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #26 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Didn't Ricky wreck it with the 'frunt' end loader?
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Phil Collins

« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Nope. That was three smaller cars.

Scanning Conky, it's towing the camper trailer as Lahey brings "Stinkster" and "Daisy" around to Bubbles in a cat carrier and threatens him with eviction. It pops up the rest of the ep, delivering eclairs to the bake sale, busting Corey and Trevor with stolen cookies, at Sam the Caveman's vet office.

You're gonna give us a hand! Au gratin!  :P

Continuing with my research ....  :6paper:
Keep your eye on the tiger.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:51 PM »
he later ran out of liquor money and sold it to the NSLC
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

77newyorker

« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Jurassic thread bump  :P

But this seems to be the best thread on the board for cars of the show (and movies) info.  Kudos especially to jakemaster1390, who had about 95% of the Shitmobile right.

And actually, a lot of the legwork has already been done at the Internet Movie Cars Data Base:

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_290988-Trailer-Park-Boys.html

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_425601-Trailer-Park-Boys--The-Movie.html

http://www.imcdb.org/movie_1324027-Say-Goodnight-to-the-Bad-Guys.html

For the most part, the IMCDB galleries look accurate - I seem to remember Cyrus' Corvette being later than a '77, but as I go back through the series and check up on certain details, I'll post my opinion.  I'll run down the cars in order of appearance and/or importance as I go through some other threads here and try to crosslink all the info to this thread, as other folks have already done a bit of research using DVD easter eggs/commentary and such (all my watching has been Youtube uploads).

DISCLAIMER:  There might be subtle differences in exact models and trim from year to year,  for two reasons:

1) The cars used in the show being rides picked up on the cheap, or associated to the cast and crew - cars probably not in, uh...  pristine states of condition or originality :mrgreen:

2) Differences in US and Canadian market model designations, specs and trim.  My knowledge base resides in the US, but I'll bet dollars to fuckin donuts the Shitmobile has a speedometer in MPH, and not KPH.

Case in point: today I watched the black and white pilot.  Julian asks the crew to guess what year the black Corvette is.  They say '90, he says '87.  It has stock C4 base suspension wheels from '84 to '87, but '84 and 85's had black centers, '86 unfinished, and '87 a dark grey.  He pops the hood to show off the engine, which is a Tuned Port Induction, which says '85 or later.

So it's in there somewhere  :beermug:

Here I go into Season 1...  more later.

Marissa Tomei...  indeed  ;)     
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009, 11:21 PM by 77newyorker »
moving in 360 degree shit circles

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2009, 04:23 AM »
holy fuck, there's a fuckin' Internet Movie Cars Data Base? "Get tha fuck outta here, Vinny!" lol
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

dennbb

« Reply #31 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:10 AM »
so, i met this dickhead that claims that the Shitmobile featured on the show is actually a 1975 Chrysler Newport and not a '75 Chrysler New Yorker.

He claims that the major differences are most notably the tail-lights.

Anyone wanna help me out with this argument?

the dickhead was right about one thing the tailights on a newport are different but ricky's shitmobile is a 74 or 75 new yorker. I was a mechanic for a chrysler dealer from '75-84. On the left is the shitmobile. On the right is  74/75 newport.

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:29 PM »
I found this Pict on net there are a few vehicles i don't recognize
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2010, 10:28 PM by GmeAFuckinR »

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

JAG

« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2010, 10:44 PM »
I saw Lahey's police cruiser, Julian's car w/the hockey stick spoiler, Lahey and Randy's pop-up camper and I bet that is the van that belonged to the satellite company. I am not sure about that, there have been a few vans in the show, but that would be my guess.
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

hashdriveway

« Reply #34 on: Feb 19, 2010, 10:25 PM »
What about the stolen 87 Monte Carlo. I want this car really bad. I'll probably pass on the spoiler though

scott488

« Reply #35 on: Mar 01, 2010, 03:51 AM »
Ok...I'm pretty ADD...so maybe I missed it....but don't forget Julian's Delorean!  :julian: and J-roc's late 80's Cadillac that they stole luggage from the airport in. Alos Marissa Tomei was in the movie "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke. She is totally nude and still looks amazing :shock: I know there are a couple of random cars I'm missing...i'll think of them. Oh and Phil Collins Dodge motorhome...BAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM.

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #36 on: Jun 01, 2010, 10:22 PM »
What ever happened to Lahey's Black Caddy given to him by the IATPTPSATPS in season 4?

Am I blanking out on it's demise in a later season or did it disappear?

Or did the association confiscate it while Lahey was in the looney bin?  :lol:
Directv just re-ran The Green Bastard & Conky Epidsodes & I was wondering the same thing What happened to that Black Cadilac?

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

gabety

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2011, 03:00 PM »
What ever happened to Lahey's Black Caddy given to him by the IATPTPSATPS in season 4?

Did it not appear in Season 6 with J-Roc driving it around the park?
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

MetalHeadMat

« Reply #38 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:31 AM »
Not too old bump, but it's a good thread and it's not a year later so I think I'm ok.

Did it not appear in Season 6 with J-Roc driving it around the park?

J-Roc's was an '89, Lahey's was a '90. J-Roc's also had different trim, rims, etc, but was the same model. I love J-Roc's Custom Cruiser.

I found this Pict on net there are a few vehicles i don't recognize

The van is definitely the Satellite van, then Lahey's Parking Police cruiser, then Julian's Monte Carlo, then Lahey's/Randy's pop up trailer, then the end car belonged to Corey and Trevor, which I'm pretty sure got destroyed. I THINK it was in "Working Man" but I don't know for sure.

Also, doesn't the place look like the scrap yard where Bubbles and Ray sold scrap to Shitty Bill?

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2011, 07:49 AM by MetalHeadMat »

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2011, 09:47 PM »
How come Sarah's never had a car?
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2011, 11:00 PM »

Good question Smooth, and what about Randy, and T? 

Sidekicks gotta roll too!  Might be deeper issues on set, I mean what are we 'sposed to thing when a woman, a gay, and a black man have to walk.
I think they should re-shoot every ep with more wheels to repair any unintended disparities.  :6paper:

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #41 on: Oct 21, 2011, 03:38 AM »

Good question Smooth, and what about Randy, and T? 

Sidekicks gotta roll too!  Might be deeper issues on set, I mean what are we 'sposed to thing when a woman, a gay, and a black man have to walk.
I think they should re-shoot every ep with more wheels to repair any unintended disparities.  :6paper:
   I can see Randy with no ride...until he dumps Lahey's drunk ass. T should have sweeter wheels than J-Roc for sure. T has always been such an underwritten character...and him not gettin bailed out of jail in Countdown to Liquor Day, WTF?
   But no reshooting any eps. Don't pull a George Lucas. Phil is fat enough. He doesn't need to be replaced by a CGI Jabba.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

« Reply #42 on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:14 PM »
According to most of the 1975 New Yorker pics I can find.  It looks like the shit mobile may well have had rear fender skirts.  I figure MIke Clattenburg got enough flat tires when he drove it, that he finally said
'fuck putting those skirts back on, they just make changing tires harder'.

Lahey's 1977 still had the skirts until the roof incident from the first movie, then they were gone too.

Would have been fun seeing beige fender skirts on the shit mobile.  They likely would have fit.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2014, 07:27 PM by cinthb »

OnionRingFluxCapacitor

« Reply #43 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Julian's got a nice as hell '81 G-body Cutlass in Season 8 (although, the white walls make it look like an old lady's car....then again, the smogged to hell 307 with 140hp makes it an old lady car automatically), Lahey's got a '78 or so Continental Town Car, Cyrus is still rocking that ratty ass '78 Vette and Barb has a K-car Lebaron convertible.
Propane Propaneeee....

ratbuddy

« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Sorry if this is old news, but the "'87" Monte isn't an '87 or '88, there was a new tail light style without the chrome edging. That places the TPB Monte in the '81-'86 range since it has the chrome trim around the tail lights :)