Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Cars of the show!  (Read 21154 times)

porkhunt

Cars of the show!
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:50 AM »
Post info on cars in the show here!
I'm from Australia, Trailer park boys is only on cable but it is my favourite show of all time!
my car looks exactly like sonny's car in the tpb movie.  does anyone know what kind of car it is?

feel free to add details on the cars in the show, and correct me if im wrong.

Ricky's Car - 1975 Chrysler New yorker "Shit Mobile"
Julian's Car - Ford Bronco, Camaro, 1990's Mustang convertable, 1987 Monte Carlo
Bubble's ride - Go Cart
Jim Lahey's car - later model Chrysler New yorker?
J-Roc's car - 1980's Caprice Station wagon?
Cyrus' car - 1969 Corvette stingray?
Sonny's car - Looks like my GM-Holden Torana (Aus) what is it ?????

Salem13

Cars of the show!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Kinda off topic but... I always get a kick out of watching cars of Australia in older movies and such. Especially with Fords  ... it's a kick for me to try to figure out what American model they were before they were Ausie-ized, many times it looks to me like they add European lights and grill work to an American model that never sold in Europe?

shake

Cars of the show!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007, 08:37 AM »
Jim Lahey's car - later model Chrysler New yorker?

Yes it is a 1977 New Yorker.

Drunk_As_Fuck

Cars of the show!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007, 10:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure Julian's car in S2 was a Firebird and not a Camero ;).

Shit machine gun

Cars of the show!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:39 AM »
What about Cory and Trevor's shitmobile, the little Gremlin/chevette lookin' thing
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Actually Corey and Trevor had four cars over the course of six seasons and the original movie. Actually if you look close enough, the car that they drive in the original movie Is Ricky's shitmobile with its door on. Season 1 they had a little white car that Ricky and Julian borrow to do the B&E for lucy's ring in season 1, they also had a little red car around season three and  I also know in season 6 I think it is some sort of 70's car that they get as well.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Brendan

Cars of the show!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Cyrus' Corvette has the sloped rear window - which means it's in the '78 to '82 range ..

greasytonycollins

Cars of the show!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2008, 04:33 PM »
how about Ray's truck in the season 7?

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2008, 02:11 PM »
The Characters say that Ray Likes the White Western Star. Now I don't know what it is in reality.

MountainMax

Cars of the show!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Don't forget the Pilot, Julian had an 87 Corvette I beleive it was and cory and trevor looked like they were driving rickys shitmobile in already hard shape, so my question is what one ended up being rickies, that one, or julians grandmothers one which looked good until they started to bash itup in the christmas special and then he painted it, and it went downhill from there, or did they switch after the xmas special back to the old shitmobile form the pilot?

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Don't forget the Pilot, Julian had an 87 Corvette I beleive it was and cory and trevor looked like they were driving rickys shitmobile in already hard shape, so my question is what one ended up being rickies, that one, or julians grandmothers one which looked good until they started to bash itup in the christmas special and then he painted it, and it went downhill from there, or did they switch after the xmas special back to the old shitmobile form the pilot?

The one in the pilot movie that corey and trevor drove was used in almost every episode except the christmas special.  That car corey and trevor drove in the pilot is Ricky's car for the series. The one in the christmas ep is another 75 new yorker, one that was in good shape that they used to explain how the shitmobile got to the state it was. Also Ricky's car for the series was used in the film one last shot and that is where most of the damage came from was for the making of that film. It was between the making of the pilot and season 1 that the door came off the shitmobile.

MountainMax

Cars of the show!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:38 PM »
right on, i thought it was rickies car, but the xmas special made me wonder, i know they showed how it got damaged, but the damage didn't look right to me, now it makes more sense, I love finding out little tidbits like this, it makes it all fit together so much better.

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:44 PM »
No Problem. I own all of the DVD's and the commentaries tell you alot of shit that happens behind the Scene. Also they have little featurettes that will also give you alot of behind the scenes shit and I can remember these facts becasue I have watched each of them over ten times.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Cars of the show!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 09, 2008, 05:26 AM »
so, i met this dickhead that claims that the Shitmobile featured on the show is actually a 1975 Chrysler Newport and not a '75 Chrysler New Yorker.

He claims that the major differences are most notably the tail-lights.

Anyone wanna help me out with this argument?
-Mitch (Hard As Fuck)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

shake

Cars of the show!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2008, 08:16 AM »
I think Clattenburg is smart enough to know what type of car he owns and he has stated it's a New Yorker.

walterx2

Cars of the show!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2008, 06:55 PM »

"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Shit machine gun

Cars of the show!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2008, 09:13 AM »
does that solve anything either way?

Coleharbourjim

Cars of the show!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2008, 10:48 AM »
 Hmmm looks like the Newport argument may hold some water.
"I got responcibles now"
06/07 Org Football Fantasy Champion

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Hmmm looks like the Newport argument may hold some water.

The Newport arguement may hold some water but what I found totally Discounts it.

Through my research I seen that one article stated the Newport's had inherited its Styling Cues from the new yorker and another article stated that The 1975 Chrysler models looked similar in which the three that looked the same were  the New Yorker, The Newport and Town and country. in another article about the history about the New Yorker here is what they say

In 1974 the New Yorker (C body) was redesigned dramatically. This design carried on for five model years. The 1974 - 1978 New Yorker used the identical body as the 1974 - 1978 Newport, Newport Custom, 1974 - 1977 Town & Country, and 1974 - 1975 Imperial. The trim level New Yorker Brougham also appeared for the first time this year. The New Yorker's standard engine in 1974 was the 440 cid big block V8.

From 1976 to 1978 all New Yorkers were correctly referred to as New Yorker Broughams, there were no plain New Yorkers. The styling of this car was carried over from the discontinued 1975 Imperial. This change gave the New Yorker Brougham the beautiful waterfall grille and other styling cues that had been designed for the 1974 - 1975 Imperial. This made the New Yorker the flagship of Chrysler Corporation's lineup for the very first time, but not the last. The 440 cid V8 was the standard engine each year except 1978 when the 400 cid V8 was the standard engine. 1978 would be the last year Chrysler would offer a big block V8 in a passenger car. It is noteworthy that 1977 was the last year for New Yorker's station wagon version, the Town & Country, to be built on a big block powered C body platform. In 1978 the Town & Country was moved to the much smaller M body platform

In my Search For the new yorker I Accidentally stumbled across a Picture of Layhey's Car and found it to be a 1977 New Yorker Brougham. But Looking down in the article I stumbled across a picture that Almost looks Like a Dead Ringer for Ricky's which is the 1975 New Yorker Brougham (I Know that Ricky's car didn't have the piece of metal across the back tire but consider how beat up that car and it could have been torn off). apparently All New Yorkers after 1976 were Referred to as New Yorker Broughams there were no plain New Yorkers. 

Now looking from the names of the cars shown that there were a few different lines of New Yorkers in that year but I know it is not the Newport because I have a picture of the Lights from Ricky's and the tail lights look closest to the New Yorker St. Regis (Unable to find the lights for the Brougham) So in any way that you look at it It is defiantly still a new yorker. also while looking for a good side shot of the car, I seen some of the Logos (Painted in black making it hard to see) but after some examination they are New Yorker Logos putting This To rest (Seen in S01E04 -Mrs peterson's dog gets fucked on the back of Ricky's Trunk).

Also another way to tell the difference is in the styling of the side windows. With the New Yorker Brougham if you notice with the windows down there is no separation between the front and rear windows while on the Newport it looks like there is a partition between the front and rear windows.

So even though The Newport used the same body as the Yorker, there is no way it can be because of the logos seen on the car and the design of the side windows.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2008, 04:20 PM by jakemaster1390 »

Shit machine gun

Cars of the show!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 13, 2008, 10:22 AM »
Also another way to tell the difference is in the styling of the side windows. With the New Yorker Brougham if you notice with the windows down there is no separation between the front and rear windows while on the Newport it looks like there is a partition between the front and rear windows.

That's how those fucking squirrels got into Ricky's weed.

shake

Cars of the show!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 13, 2008, 12:26 PM »
This is like the court room scene with Marissa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny

Shit machine gun

Cars of the show!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2008, 02:00 PM »
She's gonna play a stripper in an upcoming movie.

MountainMax

Cars of the show!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 13, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Sweet, she is H.O.T.......

jakemaster1390

Cars of the show!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 13, 2008, 08:51 PM »

That's how those fucking squirrels got into Ricky's weed.

Yeah and having no door helps as well

Phil Collins

Cars of the show!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:03 AM »
What ever happened to Lahey's Black Caddy given to him by the IATPTPSATPS in season 4?

Am I blanking out on it's demise in a later season or did it disappear?

Or did the association confiscate it while Lahey was in the looney bin?  :lol:
Keep your eye on the tiger.