Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Mike Clattenburg  (Read 8516 times)

jakemaster1390

Mike Clattenburg
« on: Sep 16, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I was wondering would anyone agree with this. I think that actually during the scene when they are robbing the change that I think he was actually playing the drums for a while. I am thinking he used the name Hampton Kelly as an alias because he hates taking credit for anything else other than directing the show. What triggered me to think this was that he said in the commentary that it was Blain Morris with a drum machine for part of the Big Dirty Scene and that he said he was trying to imitate some of the drum players that he knew and it. (yes I know I can't trust all commentaries becasue they can exaggerate) But it seemed funny to me that in the  credits that the Name Hampton Kelly came up twice in the credits and the first time it was the name for the pizza eating dog and then for a preformer preforiming alongside Blain Morris.

I remember from countless seasons of commentaries (and again I state that yes I know some of them are bullshit) that he said the name Hampton Kelly was the name of his dog and I have never seen that name before in any other credits and for it to be exclusively with Blain Morris it got me thinking could it be Clattenburg. I know in many of the episodes that he was one of the voices shouting in the background and in the movie I know that it was him in the helicopter pilot but he never took credit for that while Blain Morris Got the credit for being the Drive Through Voice. I wonder if he doesn't like to take credit for things he does on the show besides direct and write. I also remeber that during the commentary for season 4 episode closer to the heart that he mentioned that he used to play with a buddy of his but he never menitoned which instrument.

So what do you guys think.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: Mike Clattenburg
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2007, 06:23 AM »
Clattenburg is the drummer on "Big Dirty Drums". Hampton is his dog's name.
"I know in many of the episodes that he was one of the voices shouting in the background" That's Mike Smith as Danny/Donny.
 I didn't know Mike Clattenburg flew helicopters. I'd be interested in finding out a little bit more about that. Where did you find that out?

Here's an interesting read about Clattenburg's father, Ken, who played with Dutch Mason...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=407.0

...I can't remember the band(s) Mike C. played with right now.

Not sure about the rest.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

jakemaster1390

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Yeah I though so. Acutally I only meant to say that he flew in it but was the guy who was reporting waht ricky was doing. I don't actually thnk he flies them himself. I know that mike smith does most of the yelling but you have to check out the episode A Man's gotta Eat and the part where smokey is walking along the road and is yelled at FUCK OFF RANDY, that is definatly Clattenburg, not smith becasue the fuck off part des not match the sound of smith yelling it.

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2007, 08:36 AM »
First episode of season 1 when Julian and Cyrus have their stand off, you can also hear Clattenburg yell something.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

shake

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2007, 09:28 AM »
There’s a link in the FAQ thread to some info here on Clattenburg and his work with bands, here it is again...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=4464.0

Also I remember a few years ago on some earlier version of the TPB.com site they used to have soundbites, I don't think they exist anymore.  Some were of this kitten loving mechanic call Boudreau that would call and leave phone messages for the boys.  That was Clattenburg's voice, he is a funny guy.

I wonder if he doesn't like to take credit for things he does on the show besides direct and write.

His alias for photographic work is Richard Shakey, a name you see listed in the credits.  The name is a Neil Young reference, Clattenburg is a big fan of his.

bradx

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2007, 11:04 PM »
pretty sure he is the second voice of the "patrick swayze" and "reveen" segment of the pilot episode too...

jakemaster1390

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Oh Yeah He yells in the bacground during those times as well. I just remebered that one off hand. Yes it was him and clattenburg yelling in the pilot.

So Richard Shakey Is an Alias for his Photographic Work Who Knew.

ShitTornadoToOz

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Oh Yeah He yells in the bacground during those times as well. I just remebered that one off hand. Yes it was him and clattenburg yelling in the pilot.

So Richard Shakey Is an Alias for his Photographic Work Who Knew.

I always have a bit of a laugh when I see "Richard Shakey" under photography in the credits. I was always pretty sure it was an alias for one of the producer/directors but never figured Mike C. Gotta love that sense of humour. I think his photographic/cinematography work is excellent.
"Don't get smart with me Randy, it's cop talk. Listen and learn."

http://loudmouthvent.blogspot.com

jakemaster1390

« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Yeah, Now that I think about it, I remeber seeing him in front of the video equipment and even filming some of the scenes (as shown in some of the season's dvd extras) he is talented all around. Too bad he deosn't want to take credit for it.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Sorry to resseruct this thread, But I think I have identified another one of clattenburgs alias'. Mirroslaw Baszak, shows up for the director of photography. Too fucking strange to me to be an actual crew member, plus it shows up for camera operator. This only seems to show up in the movie. I know he Also likes to film stuff, plus I remeber in the behind the scenes show, they had him in front of a movie camera, but that culd be  bull, but I know he likes to have his fingers in many aspects of the show.

shake

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2008, 06:48 AM »
Miroslaw Baszak is a real person, non-Clattenburg person, he worked on the movie. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslaw_Baszak

jakemaster1390

« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Ok. I never know. Thanks for setting me straight. I never trust the internet fully.

Trailer Park Man

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:07 PM »
yo this is totally unrelated but Im from england, and there aint no trailer park boys were we come from like not even a dvd release...zilch, an i wanted to to plan a trip to canada to catch the movie an was wonderin if I could get some info on where its premirin, an if anyone is acually in the know who reads this where would I get tickets ... oh an Traler Park Boys is a fuckin Master Piece comedy so rockon if anyone involved in it reads this ... and er... have a nice day  :-s

treehouse

« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2009, 04:22 PM »
yo this is totally unrelated but Im from england, and there aint no trailer park boys were we come from like not even a dvd release...zilch, an i wanted to to plan a trip to canada to catch the movie an was wonderin if I could get some info on where its premirin, an if anyone is acually in the know who reads this where would I get tickets ... oh an Traler Park Boys is a fuckin Master Piece comedy so rockon if anyone involved in it reads this ... and er... have a nice day  :-s
http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,9836.0.html