Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: ARRRRRRRRGOS!!!!!!!  (Read 9924 times)

mtdeathfight

Re: ARRRRRRRRGOS!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2006, 05:46 PM »
I've hated the argos ever since they faked that Dunigan injury way back in '90(I've got a long memory). The Cup was in our backyard that year and we shoulda won it. Ah well, that's life as a Bomber fan. At least I'm not from Saskatchewan.

I got tickets to the Grey Cup this year (it's in Winnipeg) and I'm pumped. We might actually have a chance. If we get a QB.

We signed ourselves another NFL reject Onterrio Smith. He played for the Vikes and was busted with a fake penis trying to beat a drug test at an airport.  :lol:

The headline of the Winnipeg Sun that day was Blue Bonger ;)

Go Big Blue!

ps. B.C. Sucks
"and by the way your fishsticks suck"

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #26 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I've hated the argos ever since they faked that Dunigan injury way back in '90(I've got a long memory). The Cup was in our backyard that year and we shoulda won it. Ah well, that's life as a Bomber fan. At least I'm not from Saskatchewan.

I got tickets to the Grey Cup this year (it's in Winnipeg) and I'm pumped. We might actually have a chance. If we get a QB.

We signed ourselves another NFL reject Onterrio Smith. He played for the Vikes and was busted with a fake penis trying to beat a drug test at an airport.  :lol:

The headline of the Winnipeg Sun that day was Blue Bonger ;)

Go Big Blue!

ps. B.C. Sucks

Go Wizzinators, I mean go Bombers, yah right - there's a reason why there name is "Bombers"!  There in for another "fine" season!  mwahahaha - my buddy from Winnipeg has seasons tickets 6 or 7 rows up from the visitors bench.  I'll be there for their game against the Eskimos in July.  You guys need to get the NHL back in that city, give you guys something else to cheer for!

Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

ShitLeopard

• Subfighter.com
« Reply #27 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:21 PM »
You guys have football up north? j/k  :lol:
R.I.P. Dad

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #28 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:23 PM »

LOL SL - somebody has to run the Betty Ford clinic for the NFL castoffs.  It has given you guys like Joe Theismann, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia etc.

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

ShitLeopard

• Subfighter.com
« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:25 PM »

LOL SL - somebody has to run the Betty Ford clinic for the NFL castoffs.  It has given you guys like Joe Theismann, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia etc.
LOL,true,true.I'm just spoiled in the Steel City,lol. 8)
R.I.P. Dad

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:27 PM »

Were still a hockey country.  What can I say.  The NFL has the best of the best.  Being in the steel city, you could say that you're a wee bit spoiled... at least with football. 

ShitLeopard

• Subfighter.com
« Reply #31 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:30 PM »

Were still a hockey country.  What can I say.  The NFL has the best of the best.  Being in the steel city, you could say that you're a wee bit spoiled... at least with football. 

Football..absolutely,but we really need to get the damn hockey team back on track,lol.
R.I.P. Dad

mtdeathfight

« Reply #32 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Quote from: Reveen The Impossiblist

You guys need to get the NHL back in that city, give you guys something else to cheer for!

Hey, we've got the Moose and the finest rink in the AHL... the MTS Centre

Well at least we've got the rink... :roll:
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2006, 11:29 PM by mtdeathfight »
"and by the way your fishsticks suck"

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #33 on: Jun 09, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Quote from: Reveen The Impossiblist

You guys need to get the NHL back in that city, give you guys something else to cheer for!

Hey, we've got the Moose and the finest rink in the AHL... the MTS Centre

Well at least we've got the rink... :roll:

It better be a good rink, I'm headin' to Winnipeg to check out the Chili Peppers.  They better blow the roof off the dump!

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #34 on: Jul 01, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Howdy folks, friends & neighbors !

I just wanted to pop on by and let you know the Argos still suck more ass than an airline toilet :P :lol:

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2006, 05:46 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #35 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Quaterback Damon Allen becomes all-time pro football passing leader

Canadian Press from tsn.ca

HAMILTON (CP) - Arland Bruce III made sure Damon Allen could really soak it all in and relish becoming the most prolific passer in professional football history.

Allen broke former CFL star Warren Moon's record of 70,553 yards with a 29-yard TD strike to Bruce as the Toronto Argonauts throttled the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 40-6 on Monday night before an enthusiastic Ivor Wynne Stadium gathering of 28,891.

Allen, 43, came in needing 165 yards to break Moon's record. Early in the third quarter, Allen had whittled that down to 17 yards when he hit a streaking Bruce on a shovel pass up the middle. Bruce weaved his way downfield, breaking at least two tackles before scoring at 5:02 of the third, putting Toronto ahead 11-3.

''If it was just a catch and he got tackled and was in play, it still would've been 5-3 and my mindset would've been on the next play and what we would've done,'' Allen said. ''The fact that we extended the lead a bit and had a little room allowed me to relax and enjoy the moment.''

''I had three officials come to me and I couldn't really understand why they were coming over and they were saying, `We want the ball, you broke the record,''' Allen said. ''I tried to go to Arland to get the ball and he's saying, `No, no, it's mine.'

''So I told him they (officials) wanted the ball because it was the record-breaking ball and he didn't want to give it up. I don't blame him, really.''

Bruce figured the shovel pass counted as a running play and had plans to keep the ball for himself, that is, until learning of its significance.

''Had I known, I would've loved to hand it to him but I thought it was a run,'' Bruce said. ''The referee came to me, (teammate) Tony Miles said something to me and Damon came over and said, `That's the record ball,' and I'm saying, `Is it?'

''I'm blessed to be part of history. It's a beautiful thing.''

While the officials frantically tried to pry the ball from Bruce, the Argos streamed on to the field to congratulate Allen, who after a few minutes then made his way to centre field to join CFL commissioner Tom Wright, Argos co-owners David Cynamon and Howard Sokolowski and former NFL head coach Steve Mariucci, who was Allen's quarterback coach at Cal State Fullerton. Wright presented the game ball to Allen, who received a loud ovation from the Ivor Wynne Stadium faithful.

''You just enjoy the celebration,'' Allen said. ''I don't think I'll fully appreciate the things I've done until I actually stop playing.

''For me, I'm just playing a game and if I can keep it that simple, then I can really appreciate the things I've done once my career is over and not take it for granted. I still feel when I step on the field I can be a dominant player, that's why I still play.''

And as far as Allen is concerned, his record-breaking pass to Bruce was a work of art, even if his contribution was throwing a five-yard toss to Bruce and the elusive receiver did the rest.

''It really doesn't matter to me,'' Allen said. ''Sometimes you can't always have the glory pass as much as you want to.

''I think that pass was beautiful.''

Allen finished 16-of-24 passing for 207 yards, boosting his career total to 70,596. Bruce hauled in a TD pass from backup Michael Bishop as Toronto blew open a close game with a 28-point outburst in the fourth quarter.

''It feels good to have one touchdown ball to give to my son,'' Bruce said with a chuckle.

The Ticats also helped the Argos' cause, too, committing nine turnovers (five interceptions, three fumbles and once on downs).

Toronto will honour Allen prior to Saturday's rematch with Hamilton at Rogers Centre. Moon and Allen's older brother, Marcus, will both be on hand. The Argos have also designated Saturday as Damon Allen Day and his grandson, Justice, will handle pre-game kickoff duties.

Hamilton coach Ron Lancaster, who was Allen's coach with in Edmonton in 1993-'94, could only marvel on Allen's maturation as a CFL quarterback. Early in his career, Allen would often run first then look for the pass.

But as Allen has got older, he has become a master of using his legs to buy himself time to look downfield for an open receiver and often only taking off as a last option.

''Once Damon learned to play quarterback, then he could read the defence and he could stay in there and throw and he ran around to make the throws,'' Lancaster said. ''He's put a lot of time and effort into learning to be a football player and to be a good quarterback and it shows.''

Allen achieved another milestone Monday night. His 11-yard completion to Dave Azzi with just over five minutes remaining was the 5,000th of his illustrious career.

Allen's heroics overshadowed an impressive showing by Argos cornerback Byron Parker who returned interceptions 86 yards and 46 yards for touchdowns in the fourth.

Toronto (6-5) earned its fourth straight win to move into second in the East Division, two points behind first-place Montreal (7-4) and two points ahead of third-place Winnipeg (5-6).

Hamilton (2-10) remains fourth, having lost its last four games and four straight at home.

this is a 43 year old man.  a grandfather.  in 2004 he was the Grey Cup MVP and in 2005 he was league MVP.  if he remains healthy he will easily repeat as league MVP this year.  he has stated that he intends to play again next year, when the Grey Cup will be played in Toronto.

"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #36 on: Sep 05, 2006, 02:57 PM »

I just wanted to pop on by and let you know the Argos still suck more ass than an airline toilet :P :lol:

This is now also very true about the Ti Cats. :(
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #37 on: Sep 07, 2009, 10:19 PM »
ARGOS SUCK!!

I went to the Labour Day game at Ivor Wynne today; the heated rivalry between the Ti Cats & Argos is always most obvious at this game, this was no exception. It was a good game with the Ti Cats winning. A couple of guys sitting a few rows behind me screamed his head off the entire game taunting the Argos quarterback; that was funny for the first 5 minutes, then it got very annoying.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #38 on: Oct 29, 2011, 01:34 AM »
Boatmen Beat The Bombers in Swaggervale, 27-22

"I toe da so, I Fuckin Toe Da SO!"

JetsGuy

« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Bombers are going all the way this year!!!!!!  I may have to go to the Grey Cup in Van....its just across the straight of Georgia!
2010-2011 Halifax Fantasy Hockey League Champion

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2011, 10:44 PM »
   Why doesn't Halifax have a CFL team? Or Windsor? All I know is the Detroit Lions aren't tricking me into getting my hopes up. Them winning is like Lahey being sober - it ain't gonna last!
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

« Reply #41 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Them winning is like Lahey being sober - it ain't gonna last!

I want to believe, I reeeeeealy I do.  Sanders took us on a wild ride, and like Lahey revealed he was playing us until he could make his move[to a more popular team].  When an NFL team as old as the lions goes nowhere for 80+ yrs. Fans loose the desire to win, and just aim to keep it alive for nostalgia's sake.  If the Lions ever made it to a SuperBowl I would change my stripes, and look at this sport in a new light for sure, since my dad, and his cronies, by their lack of heart in the home team, inadvertently convinced me as a kid that football was, for me, a pointless interest.

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #42 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:21 PM »
ARGOS Signed Ricky Ray from Esksimos, I never liked Cleo Lemon when he was here in Miami

GmeAFuckinR

« Reply #43 on: Nov 25, 2012, 10:41 PM »
CONGRATS, To the Toronto Argonauts on winning the 100th Grey Cup
Chad Kackert is the John Riggins of the CFL
Historic I must say
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012, 05:07 PM by GmeAFuckinR »