Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Bruins Thread  (Read 35020 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: The Bruins Thread
« Reply #100 on: Apr 20, 2008, 05:14 PM »
The Bruins smell like a liquid that is the same color as one of the colors in their logo.

(Piss)
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Ole Dirty

« Reply #101 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:26 AM »
The Bruins smell like a liquid that is the same color as one of the colors in their logo.

(Piss)

That's it... You and me!!! Hockey fight out in front of the Metro Centre next pre-season game!!!  :D
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #102 on: Apr 21, 2008, 12:12 PM »

Mmmmmm,  :beermug:
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

Seonachan

• Chi Mi Bhuam
« Reply #103 on: Apr 21, 2008, 02:55 PM »

Guinness?
"In what respect, Charlie?"

Shit machine gun

« Reply #104 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:22 PM »
All I got to say is....
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

trice

« Reply #105 on: Apr 21, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Ole Dirty, start rubbing your wife's belly pronto![3/0 Habs]

Shit machine gun

« Reply #106 on: Apr 21, 2008, 08:16 PM »
better do more than rub it.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #107 on: Apr 21, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Ole Dirty, start rubbing your wife's belly pronto![3/0 Habs]

I did... Frantically.... No go..

The baby is grounded as soon as it's born.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

trice

« Reply #108 on: Apr 22, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Ya mean you won't let he/she be a bottle kid? What's this world coming to :lol: Sorry for the loss though, I'm still in it cuz of the Rangers.........who will let me down and break my heart! Stupid Hockey ;)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #109 on: Apr 22, 2008, 05:26 PM »
Ya mean you won't let he/she be a bottle kid? What's this world coming to :lol: Sorry for the loss though, I'm still in it cuz of the Rangers.........who will let me down and break my heart! Stupid Hockey ;)

I'm now cheering for the Rangers and Caps... But of course I cannot fully be a fan of those guys... I'll always be a B's fan!

trice

« Reply #110 on: Apr 23, 2008, 07:19 PM »
well with the way things turned out for the Bruins, could you not cheer for the RANGERS? :)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #111 on: Apr 24, 2008, 04:41 AM »
HAHA!!! Not to mention the Caps..

Maybe I will cheer for the Habs. They will be eliminated by Philly for sure!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 04:38 PM »
HAHA!!! Not to mention the Caps..

Maybe I will cheer for the Habs. They will be eliminated by Philly for sure!

WOW.... Magical powers!!! Anyone want a team eliminated? I charge $20 to cheer for them! HAHA!

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Sure!  Now that Philly has done our dirty work and eliminated the L'empire Du Mal (if this doesn't mean The Evil Empire in French, blame Google), I would really like to see Philly get bounced.  A nice little Karma check for taking out Bergie and Alberts this season.  Greasy bastards.

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
Bruins to add Blake Wheeler
« Reply #114 on: Jun 28, 2008, 05:30 PM »
From the Boston Globe Bruins Blog,
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

" Blake Wheeler, the highly-sought winger from the University of Minnesota, has advised his agent to finalize terms of a contract with the Bruins, a two-year deal that won’t be made official until July 1, in keeping with NHL bylaws that govern the movement and signing of unrestricted free agents.

"More than 20 NHL teams were interested in Blake, and this was a very tough decision,’’ said Wellesley-based agent Matt Keator, who also represents Boston captain Zdeno Chara. "And ultimately it came down to a few things for Blake, but mostly that he was comfortable with where the Bruins were headed as an organization — how this year they brought along kids like David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Mark Stuart. They’ve done a good job of developing kids, and he wants to continue along that line.’’

Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli, reached via email, wrote that he was pleased that Wheelers chose the Bruins. "Of course, ‘’ added Chiarelli, "we can’t sign him until July 1, but we look forward to getting him in the mix. Any time you can get a young player of Blake’s caliber with that blend of size and skill, you are very fortunate.’’

Wheeler, 21 years old and 6 feet 4 inches, 220 pounds, was drafted No. 5 overall by the Coyotes in 2004 and long has been considered a potential power forward in the NHL. Just over a month ago, in the wake of his junior season with the Golden Gophers, he announced that he would turn pro and intended to exercise the right to be a free agent if he could not come to contract terms with the Coyotes.

Only in rare instances do college players become free agents. But Wheeler, because he played a year of junior hockey before joining UMinn, was eligible to exercise his right to become UFA prior to July 1, because four years had lapsed since his draft day. Once officially a free agent as of June 8, he began to field bids from around the league, and just last week cut down to four teams — believed to be the Bruins, Canadiens, Rangers, and either the Devils or Wild.

Finally, early this afternoon, Wheeler finalized his choice.

"This is a great opportunity,’’ said Keator, adding that Wheeler won’t be available to comment until July 1. "But everyone, including Blake, has to keep in mind that this will take some time — he’ll have a lot of work to do to be able to play the man’s game. He’s going from originally playing center on an Olympic sized sheet in college to playing wing in the NHL. It will take time. This isn’t someone who is going to step in and play first line in the NHL. He may have to start in Providence (AHL). But he’s excited, not only to get the chance, but to get that chance with Boston.’’

Here's Wheeler's most famous goal (so far):
[youtube=425,350]vK8Q2BJ_CPQ[/youtube]

Ole Dirty

« Reply #115 on: Jun 28, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Boston is gonna be scary!!!!

trice

« Reply #116 on: Jun 30, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I'm always interested in why people root for certain teams..O.D., why Boston? 

Ole Dirty

« Reply #117 on: Jul 01, 2008, 05:11 AM »
I'm always interested in why people root for certain teams..O.D., why Boston? 

Because the Leafs and the Habs sucked...

Actually, I have two older brothers, one was a Habs fan before he got all conservative / Jesus freak and stopped watching hockey. The other brother used to kick my ass until I said I was a Bruins fan... (seriously) and I have been a fan ever since. (Funny thing is he lives in Ottawa and he is a Sens fan now. They also had some of my favorite players like Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, & Andy Moog. I stopped watching for a while after they traded Bourque to Colorado.

trice

« Reply #118 on: Jul 01, 2008, 05:31 PM »
So basically to SYA you became a Bruins fan, that's a unique one! I don't have any brothers, so I am a homer...New York teams for me all the way :)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #119 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:09 PM »
The Bruins just picked up Michael Ryder! The only habs player I like besides Saku Koivu. Newfoundland Representin! WOOOO!!!

He somewhat slumped last year, but I think he will be a good addition.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #120 on: Jul 02, 2008, 08:58 AM »
They overpaid, but so did a lot of teams yesterday.

Bruins are looking good, as long as they goalies pan out.  They'll likely challenge for the division title with the Habs. 

I HATE Conky

Ole Dirty

« Reply #121 on: Jul 02, 2008, 09:24 AM »
They overpaid, but so did a lot of teams yesterday.

Bruins are looking good, as long as they goalies pan out.  They'll likely challenge for the division title with the Habs. 

I'm just hoping the Habs does NOT get Hossa...
Speaking of overpaid... $10 Million a year for Sundin? $5 Million signing bonus? Vancouver must be desperate, and Sundin must be stupid not to take it.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #122 on: Jul 02, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Oilers offering Hossa 9mil/year for 9 years.  They can have em.

I HATE Conky

Ole Dirty

« Reply #123 on: Jul 02, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Oilers offering Hossa 9mil/year for 9 years.  They can have em.

Looks like Detroit got him... Holy fucking super team. 7.5 Mil (One year contract)

trice

« Reply #124 on: Jul 14, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Just a quick hi ya...how's Mama Dirty and Lil Dirty doing? Should be soon..good luck to all 3 of ya!! :)