Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Bruins Thread  (Read 35869 times)

Shit machine gun

Re: The Bruins Thread
« Reply #50 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Have fun, but shouldn't all references to the Habs be in the Habs thread.  Seeing as how they're dominating the Bruins this year like a high priced whore.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Salem13

« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:34 AM »
Have fun, but shouldn't all references to the Habs be in the Habs thread.  Seeing as how they're dominating the Bruins this year like a high priced whore.

That's what we are relying on!

Overconfidence!!!

lolz

and dominating... it's only 19-8 scoring advantage in four wins?

OK.. *cries*

Tonight will be different!

I've only seen two losses, once to the Habs, once to the Nords .... I feel old now.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #52 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:51 AM »
at least you don't have alzheimers, and you can remember the Nords.  I used to love watching their home games on the French CBC.  Everything seemed so small and white for some reason.  Must have been that Carival mascot or something.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Salem13

« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Heh, remember them... I saw the 70 save game for Tugnutt, during Neely's 50 in 54 was it?

Maxed out an Optima card that year  :shakefist:

Gotta grab the train in now... woot!

Salem13

« Reply #54 on: Jan 10, 2008, 10:42 PM »
I've never been one to blame the guys in stripes but tonight was just fucked...

...great showing by Habs fans tonight, way to steal the home field advantage.

I have to find a nice fluffy towel to cry on.

Ole Dirty

« Reply #55 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Well, this year I have never really looked forward to the B's meeting the Habs. I got a feeling they are probably going to lose. Unless Chara gets back. Then the Hab's might be Fucked in the arse.

(Back off SMG!!! A Bruins fan can dream can't he!?!?!?)

Salem13 - I'm gonna be praying to the Hockey Gods (O'Rielly, Neely, Bourque, Espo, Cheevers, & Orr) that the Bruins win tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2008, 10:04 AM by Ole Dirty »
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #56 on: Mar 19, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I hope you finish 7th, we finish 2nd, meet in the first round, then we can have some good ole trashtalking. 

I HATE Conky

Ole Dirty

« Reply #57 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:19 AM »
You got it SMG!!!

Salem13 Here's some videos to get you pumped for the game tomorrow night!
[youtube=425,350]UnESV5bC5vc&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]q3_ghTTQefI[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]1JDYA9LGUhk[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]nSz2BFSY5Q8[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]GXP3qu7n5M8[/youtube]

And some old time hockey!!!! You know It's good when the Boston Police gotta get involved!!!
[youtube=425,350]EzYU49eJm30[/youtube]
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2008, 11:26 AM by Ole Dirty »
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Ole Dirty

« Reply #58 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Oooooo The best for last!!!! Unfortunately this happened before I was born... :(

[youtube=425,350]uajWixj16nQ[/youtube]

Shit machine gun

« Reply #59 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Where's all the highlights from the Mtl Bos games this year?  there'd only be one teams worth, but I guess fighting is a highlight too.

I HATE Conky

Ole Dirty

« Reply #60 on: Mar 19, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Where's all the highlights from the Mtl Bos games this year?  there'd only be one teams worth, but I guess fighting is a highlight too.

You can post those in the Canadiens thread.... Unfortunately I'd be searching pretty hard this year for highlights favoring the Bruins.... :(

Ole Dirty

« Reply #61 on: Mar 20, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Bruins lost to the Habs again... I am excited however that they scored more than one goal this game even if it was in a losing cause!!!! REASON TO CELEBRATE!!!! (Actually that's something a Leafs fan is more likely to celebrate) :)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #62 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Hey Mods, can we officially close this thread and the Leafs thread until next season. 

OD, they put up a fight, and all they needed was another couple runs through the crease to knock the goalie down before scoring and they'd be right back in the game.

I HATE Conky

Salem13

« Reply #63 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Hey Mods, can we officially close this thread and the Leafs thread until next season. 

OD, they put up a fight, and all they needed was another couple runs through the crease to knock the goalie down before scoring and they'd be right back in the game.

Oh now now, in the past the Habs have been masters at net crashing.

Just such a miss-match of styles between the two right now and it's frustrating for the B's.

The Hab's style just totally knocks the B's off their game, even one nothing early Bruins were playing like it was 5-1, looking for a long outlet or tip chase to a moving forward, not the short tight passing we need and do well with.

I think we'de have done far better calling up 2-3 P-B's with speed and a touch while sitting Nokialineman , Riech or Thornton and maybe even rest PJ, he looked like shit tonight.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #64 on: Mar 20, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Reich gave Kotsopolous a pretty nasty black eye.  Decent tilt.

I HATE Conky

Ole Dirty

« Reply #65 on: Mar 21, 2008, 05:28 AM »
Reich gave Kotsopolous a pretty nasty black eye.  Decent tilt.

If the Stanley Cup was determined on kicking the opponent's ass in fights... The Bruins would be definitely a cup contender this year.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: Mar 21, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Kovalev was amazing. That's all I have to say.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 21, 2008, 08:02 PM »
Yup.  No doubt in my mind that the Bruins are much improved over last year, but the Canadiens have so much more talent.  They have really done a great job of bringing young talent up through their system.  The Bruins have great heart and effort, but not so much talent, and loosing Bergeron and Alberts for most of the season has really hurt them.

As an aside, if you were not watching the game on NESN, then you missed a great F-bomb drop by former Bruin Andy Brickly during the broacast  :D  Here it is, thank you YouTube!
[youtube=425,350]VgjLSIewf3Y[/youtube]
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

Salem13

« Reply #68 on: Mar 29, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Just back from Sens getting blanked by Bs ... WOOO!

Next season should be all Sat afternoon games!

Garden rocks on Saturdays!

And it's the little kids lol!!!

I swear there were about 4 groups of tweens and younger rocking the place in our corner. great time!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #69 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:13 PM »
YAY! B's are going to the playoffs!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Salem13

« Reply #70 on: Apr 05, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I so wish I had tickets for tonight... a Saturday afternoon is electric, a Saturday Night after clinching a seed... I can't imagine.

stinky

« Reply #71 on: Apr 05, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Hey Ol Dirty, what do those Ice Girls do ?
They sure got purdy mouths  :perv1: :perv1: :perv1:
Keepin it real !

walterx2

« Reply #72 on: Apr 05, 2008, 04:31 PM »
OT but there is no Pens Thread

I picked up my Pens Playoff Tix Yesterday.

First Round - 1st Game & 7th if Necessary
Second Round - 2nd Game & 5th Game
Third Round - Ist Game & 5th Game & 7th Game if Necessary

Cant wait until Wednesday. Love the energy in the city
and the arena for the first game of the playoffs
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Ole Dirty

« Reply #73 on: Apr 06, 2008, 05:30 AM »
Hey Ol Dirty, what do those Ice Girls do ?
They sure got purdy mouths  :perv1: :perv1: :perv1:

Not quite sure Stinky, maybe one of our fine Massachusetts members could tell us. I'm sure the main task in their job description is  just to look purty!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #74 on: Apr 06, 2008, 08:13 AM »
they skate around, clean up some loose snow, look pretty and cause OD heart palpitations.

I HATE Conky