Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Bruins Thread  (Read 35018 times)

Ole Dirty

The Bruins Thread
« on: Aug 31, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I bet I am the only one that will probably be posting in this thread (besides the peckerheads who are planning on shitting on the Boston Bruins...) Any other B's fans in here?!?!?!? What do you think are the team's chances this season?!?!?!?! I think they will at least make the playoffs this year... I friggin hope! *Call up Bourque and Neely, get their asses out of retirement!*
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Ole Dirty

Re: The Bruins Thread
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:06 PM »
When I first started watching hockey I was a big fan of Ray Bourque, Cam Neely, and Andy Moog. They really have no big names these days, but I am no "fair weather fan" I still support the B's in hard times. It kinda dissapoints me to see teams like Carolina, and Tampa win the Stanley Cup, because I feel many of their fans are fickle, just because other National Sports are so popular in those areas. Bruins was one of the original six, and I think they deserve a cup again!
I may be in Halifax on Sept 23rd... A couple of buddies from work and I are talking about going over to watch the exhibition game between the Bruins and the Canadiens.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:10 PM »
Where in Halifax are they playing? Metro Centre would make sense :-s
Call Refuck, he may like to go to a Habs pre-season fiasco... :P
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Ole Dirty

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Fishy

Yep, it's the Metro Centre. Refuck... A Habs fan??!?!? I FART IN HIS GENERAL DIRECTION!!!   :)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:16 PM »
There will always be disappontments.

I supported the Winnipeg Jets for 6 years and then someone from the US of A plunked some money down and they just up-and-left.  Haven't watched a full game since.

Loyalty - hard to buy

Sit on the Canadiens side but yell GO BRUINS

I'll be sporting the "B" on my chest over there! I would love to see the Jets or Nordiques make a comeback!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Refuck has an arsenal of Canadien paraphernalia. I just asked him to dry off with a Maple Leafs towel. He was pissed off. (serves him right). He tricked me into sleeping with a Hab's pillow under my head...bastard!
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Refuck has an arsenal of Canadien paraphernalia. I just asked him to dry off with a Maple Leafs towel. He was pissed off. (serves him right). He tricked me into sleeping with a Hab's pillow under my head...bastard!
Fishy

I had to wear a Habs coloured uniform once when I was playing hockey in highschool... I felt so disgraced.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:30 PM »
I can commiserate OD. :( I watched "the sweater" and felt sick.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I can commiserate OD. :( I watched "the sweater" and felt sick.
Fishy

HAHAHA!!! LOL

I remember that I was more excited about Boston winning the Habs vs. Bruins series than whether the Bruins made it to the finals. Those were the best playoff rivals!

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Fishy

Already bought tickets a couple weeks ago 8)
I'm on top of things.

Fucking nosebleed seats.
Me and some friends are hoping to scam some seats closer to the ice mid-way through is people leave or don't show up.

PS: I read the title of this thread and threw up my mouth. Managed to swallow it though... unlike the time when I read the title of the leafs thread.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Shit machine gun

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I'd rather cheer on the B's any day over the Leafs.  Still bleed Rouge, Blanc et Bleu though.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2007, 10:05 PM »
Bruins?...I remember them. We won a couple cups against them.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Hey Ole Dirty, I gotcha back.  I grew up watching the best Broonz teams of all times in the 70s.  Sinden and O'Connell really made a mess of the team though.  The Bruins are now the bottom team of interest in Boston.  I remain loyal though, and I don't think the team will be as bad as some people are predicting.  Chara and Savard were good pickups last year, Phil Kessell was one of the top rookies last year.  Keep your eye out for Milan Lucic, he's the kind of player the Bruins need.  Hopefully he'll be playing in Nova Scotia.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/milan_lucic

If you are into Usenet, stop by alt.aports.hockey.nhl.boston-bruins and suffer through the season with the rest of us  :D
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

Seonachan

• Chi Mi Bhuam
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2007, 03:55 PM »
I also grew up watching the B's in the 70's, though it was the late 70's, so I missed the Orr years and their last Cup victory. But I have fond memories of watching Rick Middleton, Mike Milbury, Stan Jonathan and Terry O'Reilly on the tv. I've never had cable, so once the tv coverage migrated from Channel 38 to NESN, I pretty much stopped following them. The Sox I could still get on radio, the Patriots were still on free tv, and I never really followed the Celtics too closely anyway. I tried to listen to the radio broadcasts but it just didn't work for me - baseball is perfect for radio, football works well enough, but with hockey I could never capture a mental image of what was being described (basketball is even worse for me, but then I still don't know what "The Lane" refers to).

Between the lack of tv and the destruction wrought upon the franchise by Sinden and his ilk, it's been hard for me to keep up my interest over the years. I check the standings but I don't know who most of the players are now. (pretty much the last roster move I remember was trading away Anson Carter, which bummed me out at the time). But now I happen to have cable, been enjoying getting to see the Sox instead of just hearing them. So I'm really looking forward to catching up on the Bruins and following them again - even if they are the least promising of the 5 local teams!
"In what respect, Charlie?"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Fishy

Already bought tickets a couple weeks ago 8)
I'm on top of things.

Fucking nosebleed seats.
Me and some friends are hoping to scam some seats closer to the ice mid-way through is people leave or don't show up.

PS: I read the title of this thread and threw up my mouth. Managed to swallow it though... unlike the time when I read the title of the leafs thread.
I ordered my tickets today. I'm in the nosebleed seats as well. Section 31... Definitely have to meet pre-game, or during the intermission. I'll be sportin the "B" Mr. Lil Honkey!

Refuckulator

« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Section 31 hmmm, I'll check my tickets.

NICE! I'm in section 31 too. Me and my buddies are in row T seats 14, 15, 16.
What about you?
Looks like we'll be partying together that night!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2007, 06:07 AM »
Section 31 hmmm, I'll check my tickets.

NICE! I'm in section 31 too. Me and my buddies are in row T seats 14, 15, 16.
What about you?
Looks like we'll be partying together that night!
Haha! Row N, seats 11-12. My co-worker and I will be at the game. The secretary may be going as well (she's very hot.. and a Canadiens fan, but she is married... So hands off Refuck!)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2007, 06:10 AM »
I can see you two heckling each other from the nosebleeds.  Matt calling OD a stupid newf, OD yelling back stupid punk kid.  This could get interesting.  Be sure to have MattBedardFilmProductions there for it.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2007, 07:36 AM »
I can see you two heckling each other from the nosebleeds.  Matt calling OD a stupid newf, OD yelling back stupid punk kid.  This could get interesting.  Be sure to have MattBedardFilmProductions there for it.
We could end up on TSN, a big drunken brawl breaks out in the nosebleed seats between Bruins and Canadiens fans. Then maybe some NHL team like Nashville or Tampa will see the drunken fan fight, and will want to move to Halifax because fans there actually give a shit about hockey! (Nice dream I guess) 

Refuck, I can be your "legal guardian" for beer purchases!
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007, 07:39 AM by Ole Dirty »

Refuckulator

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2007, 02:00 PM »

Sweet! 8)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2007, 02:57 PM »

Sweet! 8)

Then we can go to the Amature night, apparently all Bruins ICE GIRLS will be stripping at some bar for charity.... (Sorry, I just made that part up)

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007, 03:05 PM by Ole Dirty »

Ole Dirty

« Reply #21 on: Sep 13, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Hey Refuck, I looked online for more tickets because another one of my friends are thinking about coming over. Now there's a whole bunch of tickets availabe in the lower bowl!!! WTF?!?!?! When we get there, we should fucking riot! Maybe I will join your shennanigans if you go to look for better seats after the first period! Fuck it, it's gonna be worth the trip to Hali.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM by Ole Dirty »

Refuckulator

« Reply #22 on: Sep 13, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Yeah dude, join us for sure. We were planning on lookingfor seats during the second period but if we see some during the first we should go for them.
If the security dicks say anything we'll just have to go to the other side of the arena where the other guards are... you basically get one warning per guard so if we switch sections each time we got caught I think it'll be ok.
I'll have some beer money that night too!! :D

Conkymeister

« Reply #23 on: Sep 18, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Pretty good game tonight vs the isles.Hogan with 2 goals and Thomas and Jordan Sigalet playing well sharing the goal duties.Chara and Thornton dropped the gloves with Brennan and both were short fights but milan lucic hammered the shit out of spiller behind the net.Spiller had to leave for repairs  :P Go BRUINS
Supply and command!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Pretty good game tonight vs the isles.Hogan with 2 goals and Thomas and Jordan Sigalet playing well sharing the goal duties.Chara and Thornton dropped the gloves with Brennan and both were short fights but milan lucic hammered the shit out of spiller behind the net.Spiller had to leave for repairs  :P Go BRUINS
WOOOOO!!! I can't wait to see them Sunday!!! I think I sharted a little in all the excitement!