Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Where do Canadians go for ipod video?  (Read 1928 times)

Phil Collins

Where do Canadians go for ipod video?
« on: Jul 15, 2007, 01:05 PM »
I'm helping a friend in Whitehorse, his kid actually.

He just got an ipod video but says itunes won't sell movies to Canada.

Is there anywhere else he can go?
Keep your eye on the tiger.

cdnchicky

Re: Where do Canadians go for ipod video?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2007, 01:18 PM »
nope ... not that I am aware of anyway.  At one point I had tried to 'trick' the system into thinking I was in the US, but it was too smart for me!!!  Its really kinda sad that apple is selling the ipod video to canadians, but the cdn govt wont allow access to the video component of the apple store.  And from what I understand CDN's wont have access to that content for a long while at least ... if ever.  Something about CRTC regs or something.  I have heard that some are able to download the torrent file, but then getting the ipod to recognize a torrent download like that is a whole other creature.  It is do-able but kinda tricky (from what I have heard anyway)

So that being said ... if anyone else knows of a way to get video onto the ipod video unit let us know, I would like to go buy a unit if it can prove useful. 

Phil Collins

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Thx Chicky.

Apple store Canada practically conceals the fact by displaying it almost like spoiler text. More than sad, downright deceptive IMO.

Cocksuckers.

Phil Collins

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2007, 09:05 AM »
So that being said ... if anyone else knows of a way to get video onto the ipod video unit let us know, I would like to go buy a unit if it can prove useful. 

DVDFab Decrypter Platinum version will allow you to rip any DVD from your collection to your ipod or mobile.

The Platinum version is not free, but the trial is fully functional for 30 days.

http://www.dvdfab.com/