Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Final thoughts about season ~7  (Read 44218 times)

Big V

Re: Final thoughts about season ~7
« Reply #75 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Does Anybody Know when I can get season 7 on DVD?  Thats the only way I get to see TPBs.

shake

« Reply #76 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Hi Big V, as was written in the FAQ thread found here

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

the DVD will be out in April

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #77 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 AM »
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

shake

« Reply #78 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Good find Melba, I'll update the main FAQ with that.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #79 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Whooo. Now only have to wait a month. I have my father excited to watch the seventh season.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

T-ROC

« Reply #80 on: Sep 04, 2008, 08:02 PM »
All in all I loved Season 7. When I was feeling overly critical of this episode or that episode, I stopped to remind myself that Trailer Park Boys has brought a lot of joy and laughter into my life the last few years. Now, I'm never without something to talk to my brother about and I have this wonderful virtual community where I've made lasting friendships. Yep, TPB has been good to me and I will always be thankful and faithful.

Great post.   :D

corporol alexi

« Reply #81 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Overall I liked season seven, Sebastian Bach did a good job and Conky is hilarious, but I have to be honest and say it would have been funnier if Trevor & Corey where still there instead of the no talking aliens, also I thought Thomas was irrelevant and did not understand why he was brought in.
"ahh for fuck sakes boys I spelled Corporal wrong"

trice

« Reply #82 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Overall I liked season seven, Sebastian Bach did a good job and Conky is hilarious, but I have to be honest and say it would have been funnier if Trevor & Corey where still there instead of the no talking aliens, also I thought Thomas was irrelevant and did not understand why he was brought in.
I, 100% agree on missing Cory and Trevor, they were there from the start...their impact on the show is undeniable..  :cries:

walterx2

« Reply #83 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:58 PM »
I thought Thomas was irrelevant and did not understand why he was brought in.
I, 100% agree on missing Cory and Trevor, they were there from the start...their impact on the show is undeniable..  :cries:

I agree. Mike O'Neill (Thomas) is a friend of Clattenberg and I believe they play/played in a band together. His character didn't add anything to the show. He was the 98 pound weakling trying to push everybody around.

He also was the soundman for the show which seems to be the fast track for appearing on the show. Mike Smith was the sound man in the first season.

It was not the same without Cory and Trevor but they were running out of ideas for them.
The whole training them like dogs in season 5 was a rare lame story arc for the show.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

a_Fuckin_Samsquanch!

« Reply #84 on: Feb 25, 2009, 02:33 AM »
I guess the series REALLY ended with season 7. Guess it should have. "Drinks on the house everybody!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjIuRgOvskc
"Holy Fuck! Purple Squirrels!???"

heavymetaldick

« Reply #85 on: Jul 28, 2009, 09:09 PM »
The 7th season is one of my favourites, maybe the funniest! The "pace" of the episode is wicked.. really goes like a freight train. I like Lahey's acting in this season although 'say goodnight to the bad guys' is his best stuff. The acting from all the guys and gals has gotten waaay better at this point. Sam, Randy, Phil Collins, Jacob, Bubbles, Lucy, J-Roc & T, Julian and Ricky, all have gotten way better as characters.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

hennessey

« Reply #86 on: Oct 19, 2009, 05:35 PM »
i loved this season too, i think that corey and trevor should have stayed, but oh well the fuckgoofs are cool too. the next hour special and the movie are even funnier
i must be fire retarded boys, shut the fuck up cuz your distractulating my case, i dont understand investaments julian, chances of getting caught out here are zerlow

Jarska

« Reply #87 on: Dec 06, 2009, 05:06 PM »
There is only one word for it:  :headbang:
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Darry

• Moskal Multimedia
« Reply #88 on: Jul 08, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Im going to take this topic a different direction.  Overall season 7 was my LEAST favorite season. I still enjoyed it very much but I just didn't like it as much as the others.

Pros:

- Many minor characters came out of their shells, proved to be funny
- Lahey is not drinking but still hilarious
- More Sam Losco
- Mike O Neil finally gets onto a season

Cons:

- Camera work too good, looks higher quality
- Too much time in the damn forest
- Not enough Sunnyvale
- Too serious of a heist
- Randy pot head. Yeah its funny but i like kiss ass Randy much better

Im not knocking season 7, I still found it entertaining. Just not as good as the other seasons and its too serious.
Shitliner's coming to port, and ill be there to tie her up

CADZILLA

« Reply #89 on: Aug 13, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Not enough Ray.

Too much Jacob.

I didn't like the train storyline.

Hades

« Reply #90 on: Sep 13, 2010, 03:48 AM »
Prefer the earlier seasons...Lahey in sober form + cop + looking out for Ricky & Julian (first eps in s7)..meh. Also randy generally baked throughout the whole of s7.
Also had to lookup just who Sebastian Bach was.. (apologies to Canucks everywhere)
The whole Jacob (julian worship) wore a tad thin also. + his dartmouth school buddies.. (did they ever speak?).
And the thomas character was a bit of a non-event..just seemed out of place.

On a positive note though,it's still TPB,and very watchable,just that they set the goals so high in the previous seasons.

Cheers
Ricky:
[Pointing to US Side]
Heres the DEAL,that's the US with all the fancy guys DEA ATF,whatever the fuck that means and FBI
[Pointing to Canandian Side]
This is canada,with drunky the clown and his little gut friend and two alien trevor's and fuckin' jacob the twig alien and the forest pricks

dwiz

« Reply #91 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:07 PM »
*friends of the road an *the mustard tiger are 2 of the absolute classic episodes of the series
the conky shit is played out specially how he called the cops etc...
bubbles shud of never let that happen...lmfao

English Bastard

« Reply #92 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:45 AM »
We can't get season 7 here in the UK but I did read this morning that the inport will play on XBOX 360.  :-k S7 has not been on Y/T for a long time
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

hashdriveway

« Reply #93 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:05 AM »
We can't get season 7 here in the UK but I did read this morning that the inport will play on XBOX 360.  :-k S7 has not been on Y/T for a long time

Here in the states, google has full uninterrupted eps.

skEwb

« Reply #94 on: Oct 16, 2011, 01:00 AM »
I thought season 7 was pure genius. I can't compare any season really as they're all good to me. The only seasons I thought were rough were the really early ones like season 1 and 2 when budgeting was low. After season 3 everything had a more high value production to it and way better comedy.

I loved rockin' out w/ the boys in the woods and how the boys fucked w/ the amernican rangers. Also Ray getting busted and Bubs waiting out on rescue. Robert Demeniro... Cheryl Crow.. c'mon now, pure genius. The cheeseburger jump, lmfao.

Lucy getting a baby bornt by Randy.. do I need to go on? This season was great. Anyone that didn't like it as much as the other seasons got hung up on the minor details.  :6paper: :beermug: :ricky: :bubs: :julian:

P.S Only thing I didn't like were the meat dicks, they can never replace Cory and Trevor and their faces put me off. Some weird looking alien dudes.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2011, 01:07 AM by skEwb »
I want your cubic zircoria to pay my child reports

corytrevordawg

« Reply #95 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Like other people, I agree that Season 7 was my least favourite season ever - it wasn't brutally awful but it was mediocre. Loved how Jacob and Phil got more involved, but didn't like the camera work (HQ sucks with TPB, it's supposed to be hand-camera, or shitty) and didn't like the forest or the fucking Swayze train.

6/10

Plus, there wasn't a lot of Sunnyvale and Randy smoking weed - not funny

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #96 on: Jan 14, 2012, 05:38 AM »
   Season 7 is kind of like a whole different animal to me. Like how the HD instantly sets it apart from the other seasons, visually. And it doesn't seem to be to much of a stretch that the camera crew would be able to invest in an HD camera. The HD gives the colors a more vibrant, greasy feel if you the ask me...the green paint reemerging on the shit mobile, the red of Sarah's hair, the sweat and grease on Randy (did they slather him with grilled onions???) and that awesome sea green and magenta trailer.
   Not my favorite season but I didn't think it was the worst either. It was just so wildly inconsistent. The Swayzie Express/woods plotline went on too long for me. I liked the more tangental episodes more. Like Phil and Jacob coming to the forefront. Phil's hammy acting is hilarious if you ask me. The fuck goofs..meh. Missed Cory and Trevor but their characters really had run their course.
   Not enough Ricky. Too much scene hogging by Bubbles, though I did like Conky's return as scary undead Conky.
   Add my voice to the chorus of not enough J-Roc, T, Lucy and Sarah. (A years old chorus, but one nonetheless.)
   Barb was great. Sober Lahey wasn't as funny but it was good for his character development. It was good to see him doing well for awhile, being decent to the boys and it set up the giddy anticipation for the return of the drunken horrorshow Lahey.
   Nice to see fuckin Ted and George Green get theirs. Would have liked to have seen more Ray.
  And after 6 seasons of being bullied and mocked the skinny guys (the Collins brothers) win! Twiggy alien power, mahfs!!
 :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

gabety

« Reply #97 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:44 AM »
I loved it from top to bottom (the series).  Changes were obvious along the way and I guess with success they were inevitable, good or bad.  It didn't dwell on them and there was really only one that I wish could be changed but it's over now. 

You Canadian fans had it roughest I would guess.  You got a few eps and then it was wait for next season.  We fans South of the border could start with the b/w movie go right into the series and then continue without waiting, through the series.

As many people who were critical of the 7th season or the later seasons of the series as a whole I only have this to say: The first ever episode I watched was Season 7 "We Can't Call People Without Wings Angels So We Call Them Friends".  I found it while bored one night looking for something to watch on Directv and saw the show coming on at 10p on The101 Channel.  Season 7 couldn't be that bad I'd never heard of the show and that one episode hooked me then and there.  I'd say it's pretty solid beginning to end.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012, 09:46 AM by gabety »
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!

BlueRose

« Reply #98 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Season 7 felt like one long movie and CTLD felt like one short season, in my humble O! Still watched of course! Also  treated my kid and I to the Cheeseburger Locker last fall. 
I can watch this show continuously!
This can't fail boys :D

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #99 on: Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 PM »
i thought season 7 was great -- awesome to have Conky return, fun to watch Bubbles go a little nuts.