Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Final thoughts about season ~7  (Read 43813 times)

Melba the Disco Queen

Re: Final thoughts about season ~7
« Reply #50 on: Jul 11, 2007, 09:18 PM »
Really? Not that I'm into the whole hair metal style but it's certainly something that Ricky can relate to seeing as how he likes Helix ("Holy fuck he's cool Julian"). I found it so amusing how sincere he sounded saying goodbye to the boys on their first meet after the convention saying "It was really nice meeting you cocksuckers", and also how he's reminded of his tour in Europe with 'Scorpions' after smoking Ricky's powerful dope and blurting out something he must have yelled out at this concert "HELLO CALIFORNIA, YOU ARE CRAZY, WE ARE SCORPIONS, ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE" (I've had friends that listen to metal who would bust into song in a similar manner smoking joints with me, so that also hit home for me). Another thing is I liked that new song they promoted for him from his upcoming album (love is a bitchslap) during when they rolled out the credits...I wasn't familiar with the fellow before but aside from kind of thinking the glam metal style has gone trite to shit, his voice is actually kind of cool. I saw a few music videos from his old band Skid Row and he is really good if you can put up with that style for very long (his vocal style is nicely varied).

Well, aside from the aforementioned qualm about your dislike of Bach being introduced to the show, I really liked your take on it. I love how people appreciate the show beyond the one liners.

Yeah, after re-watching Friends of the Road, I dislike Bach even more. He's now on my 'Celebrities I'd Like to Punch in the Face If There Were No Consequences' list (along with the local weatherman :lol: ). I'm not able to put my finger on exactly what I don't like about him, it's probably a miriad of things.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

StoneChimes

« Reply #51 on: Jul 11, 2007, 09:31 PM »
It's good to keep the local weatherman on your list, 'cos it leaves open the chance that you'll actually get to do it.
“It’s funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.”
—Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #52 on: Jul 11, 2007, 09:42 PM »
Yeah, after re-watching Friends of the Road, I dislike Bach even more. He's now on my 'Celebrities I'd Like to Punch in the Face If There Were No Consequences' list (along with the local weatherman :lol: ). I'm not able to put my finger on exactly what I don't like about him, it's probably a miriad of things.

Well to each his(/her) own! I mean if I were gay.... uh..never mind 8-[

EDIT: doesn't he seem like a nice enough guy?? of course for all the faults the characters demonstrate on the show there's at least one shred of a redeeming quality that rears itself. I guess Cyrus might be the exception but we can see that he's pretty dumb in not being able to get his grade 10.
No it wasn’t “established” they got together until the last episode at the end when Sarah announces they are together.  They showed them together earlier though, which is why I was saying it shouldn’t have been such a surprise, as some people claimed it is an unlikely pairing.  Actually though, Sarah herself says she never saw it coming.

Oh they're seen again together before the end of the season? I noticed that Lucy and Sarah were helping out with the dirty burger but I guess that may have to do with Lucy's connection to Randy. Boy, how they're going to expand on that idea is really beyond me, anyone have any ideas at all?!

RockJ

« Reply #53 on: Jul 13, 2007, 04:51 PM »
They were on the right target  Even back in 1984, cigs were much cheaper in the US versus CA.  I think they can expand on this as THC/Grass/Marijuana is taboo in the states.  The next series can capitalize on this as weed is still illegal in the states versus the gram limit in CA.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

RockJ

« Reply #54 on: Jul 13, 2007, 04:56 PM »
As a disclaimer THC/Weed/Grass never did anything for me.  Even though I tried some with friends that I found in back of a rental car in 1989.  Or in back of the police station in 1989...
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #55 on: Jul 13, 2007, 09:17 PM »
That's good....wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression of you!! ppffff stoners  ;)

chips`lets`go

« Reply #56 on: Jul 15, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Quite frankly i thought season 7 was a very 'interesting' season. It was a bit all over the place for my liking. It had some hilarious parts, my favourite being the cops beating the shit through Phil, lahey etc, but all in all i thought it was a bit too plotless. Too much emphasis on that train at the border too, wasted a lot of time there which wasn't that funny. Also not enough J-ROC Sarah or Lucy.. The replacement 'trevor and corey's' are pretty lame too. Phil's overacting annoys me.

So i'd say, probably least favourite season so far, which started with a fair amount of potential.

To put it simply, they tried too hard!
"b17 bomber stuck to my bird"

Kitty_Turntables

• 2 Cats Designs
« Reply #57 on: Jul 16, 2007, 03:16 AM »
The love & companionship of family and friends have been an important element to each Trailer Park Boys season, & this season is no exception.

Excellent post!

For me, you hit the nail right on the head with this statement.  When I was first introduced to TPB all those years ago, it was most definitely the concept of family & friends that attracted me to it.  If it had simply been about some greasy trailer park guys selling drugs and screwing people over in the process, without any regard for anyone but themselves, then I don't think I would have fallen so in love with TPB.  Behind all their crazy acts was this underlying theme of doing it for family and/or friends.. I really loved that concept, and will always believe that this is the #1 reason why I'm so attracted to the show.

I've loved every season of TPB, admitedly some more than others.  The last few seasons though I sorta felt that the concept of the importance of family was overlooked.. however, with Season 7, I felt it again, and especially in the last few minutes of Ep 10 - which I have to say would have to be my favourite few minutes of TPB *ever*.  I loved the way it ended, with each major character talking about how they felt and how although they obviously knew this was "as good as it gets", they were ultimately happy with that (particularly evident with Randy, Ray & Mr Lahey).

If this was the last season of TPB, I'm going to be just as upset as everyone else, but, having said that, I couldn't imagine a better way for the show to end .. its ended on a high note, the happy ending we all would have wanted for the boys has transpired, and ultimately, who could ask for more?

Kitty

I fuckin' toad a so!

bradx

« Reply #58 on: Jul 16, 2007, 08:11 PM »
and also how he's reminded of his tour in Europe with 'Scorpions' after smoking Ricky's powerful dope and blurting out something he must have yelled out at this concert "HELLO CALIFORNIA, YOU ARE CRAZY, WE ARE SCORPIONS, ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE"
actually scorpions were a huge 80s band from germany.  rock you like a hurricane is probably their most famous song.  he was remembering when scorpions and skid row toured together and was imitating the way their singer (klaus meine) always started off concerts.
[youtube=425,350]YhxRkzoDjiI[/youtube]

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #59 on: Jul 19, 2007, 12:07 AM »
talk about old school, thanks for sharing that tidbit man.

vaughnarchy

« Reply #60 on: Aug 17, 2007, 03:01 PM »
I thought it was decent.  Not the best but definitely had some funny aspects to it.  Can't wait to see more!!!    :6paper:

jackal42

« Reply #61 on: Aug 21, 2007, 10:24 AM »
Trailerpark boys forever. Season7 had the ending I didn't want to see, but it was almost my favourite season.
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2007, 05:08 PM by jackal42 »

Bobbie O

« Reply #62 on: Aug 27, 2007, 08:20 PM »
I loved Season 7. I loved every season. I'm so hoping there will be more. More please!!!!

jaysays

« Reply #63 on: Aug 28, 2007, 08:23 AM »
I likked it. Makeing Phil and Jaob more main was pretty funny mostly because of Phils spazzing out and throwing shit. Also the whole cop beef was pretty funny. I was still hoping Julian got in shit for something Jacob did in his car, but I guess that didnt happen
The main plot was pretty good, but what happens to the swayze Express?

shake

« Reply #64 on: Aug 28, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Yeah I liked Phil and Jacob too.  I guess the Swayze express goes back to Swayze.

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #65 on: Aug 28, 2007, 06:55 PM »
They shoulda had Patrick guest star when drunky the clown and the cheeseburger walrus got to meet him
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

bradx

« Reply #66 on: Aug 29, 2007, 07:20 PM »
i remember the moment i realized the train had to cross a river to get to the USA.  i was so damn excited hoping for some crazy kickass train bridge, when they finally showed the tube going into the water i was laughing my ass off.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #67 on: Sep 07, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Just watched All of Season 7. It had sort of a movie quality becasue I swear if that they didn't have the opening and credits, this could easily been a movie.

Conky was just excellent. had a zombie feel to him and bubbles was just over the top.

I loved all the references to the previous seasons, especially the line... When the shitliner come in, I will be there to tie her up.

Kinda unfortunate that there was little time spent in the trailer park but I do agree that they needed a change of venue in order to freshen up the jokes.

Loved how Ricky got to decide who busted them and then getting screwed over by the Americans. also loved the fact that Julian for once got shot in a gunfight becasue I expect it for Ricky becasue almost every gunfight, he ends up shot but this is a suprise.

I also loved how everyone's role changed like barb being the drunk instead of Jim and how Julian got attached to Jacob like Ricky got attached to Corey and Trevor even though he was hard as hell on them.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

devnull

« Reply #68 on: Sep 19, 2007, 01:50 AM »
hmm. Dunno.

Just watched all of season 7. Pretty ordinary really.

I guess at the end of the day the series really suffered from the loss of C&T. The Collins clan is a poor substitute, they seemed to really be trying too hard and it showed.

The plot was OK, the whole conky thing was a bit over the top but funny anyway.

I dunno - I just really really missed C&T and the actual trailer park.

Anyway. hmm.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #69 on: Sep 20, 2007, 04:42 PM »
hmm. Dunno.

Just watched all of season 7. Pretty ordinary really.

I guess at the end of the day the series really suffered from the loss of C&T. The Collins clan is a poor substitute, they seemed to really be trying too hard and it showed.

The plot was OK, the whole conky thing was a bit over the top but funny anyway.

I dunno - I just really really missed C&T and the actual trailer park.

Anyway. hmm.

Agree with you there. Corey and Trevor really made the thing more funny. I think it was actually good for a change that they got out of the park but it just borke away from too many of the established stories and I think what threw us for a curve in this season was that everybody was different than what they usually were until the final episode.

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

conky149er

« Reply #70 on: Nov 28, 2007, 11:48 AM »
i think season 7 makes up for the complete failure that season 6 was

bradx

« Reply #71 on: Dec 02, 2007, 03:15 PM »
i like season 6 more than 7.  piss jugs on a hockey stick, it doesnt get much better than that.
also didnt realize how much i would miss cory and trevor until they were gone

Snoopy the Fuck Dog

« Reply #72 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:50 AM »
I really enjoyed series 7.  But like everything it definitely had its good bits and bad ones.  I really like Phil, I thought he was great.  His overacting, (especially his poor attempt to throw the white plastic table) was pretty hilarious.  Jacob and Thomas, I became pretty accustomed too quite quickly, and really enjoyed their "BAAAAM's", even though it was a bit too quickly for these relatively 'new' characters to have their own catchphrases.  Though what I did notice, (and it's definitely been mentioned in previous posts,) is that the boys start becoming less likable.  Take Thomas for example.  Sure, he's a bit of a dick, but he's a good guy.  And when the boys hassle him for looking for Jacob, they become less of the good guys, which I didn't really like.  There were alot of small things that I noticed about the season that I also liked.  E.g. Jacob mimicking Julian perfectly whilst Lahey is planning to sting Ted Johnson and George Green - And that little in-joke at the end of Jacob's letter to the boys whilst in the woods.  (Has anyone else seen that?) 
But overall, I really liked it all.  Mainly because it was another season of my favourite show - But also because it was funny as hell.  I mean, the boys warming up bubbles with bread? Or Bubbles symbolical depiction of intercourse with the train? Absolute gold!!

jakemaster1390

« Reply #73 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Do you know what a recitivist is Randy?  I don't have a clue Mr. Lahey.

Yes I was referring to "The First Cut Is The Deepest", I loved the three non Sheryl the Crow versions of that song that I mentioned.

As for season 7 I thought eps 2 and 8 were some of the all-time best and I thought the season finished really strongly.  I was suprised that I actually liked Conky the second time around, he made me laugh.  I liked 7 better than seasons 5 and 6. 

I decided to look up this word a while back because I also came across it in one of my classes and once I saw the meaning it was so the boys.

(Oxford Canadian Dictionary of Current English) Recidivist-  A person who Relapses into crime (Almost every season they go back to jail becasue they can't get away from crime)

I thought season 7 was ok but I think I now what threw it off. it was a little too heavy in storyline which each season had some but each episode was more of a standalone episode. this season if you missed one show you wouldn't get the whole story and it might not have been as funny. This is due to them using the stuff that was funny but rejected during the making of the movie becasue it was not First timer freindly.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2007, 10:04 PM by jakemaster1390 »

greasytonycollins

« Reply #74 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:23 AM »
This was my favorite season. No doubt about it. Greasy Phil Collins and his alien boys made this season very funny. Thanks to many other characters too :) 9/10