Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Final thoughts about season ~7  (Read 43873 times)

ner ner

Re: Final thoughts about season ~7
« Reply #25 on: Jun 18, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Overall I liked it.  Love to hear Phil burp.  Loved the BAAAAAAAM and Peanut butter and Jaaaaaaam!  And the intro of Tom Collins.  What a tool!  Just seemed like this season was simple.  Lot of talking with less action.  I mean, really, there wasn't much action. 
Well, the kicker is:  of course this season was great....it was Trailer Park Boys!  How could it be anything less than great? 

ucrdoh

« Reply #26 on: Jun 18, 2007, 02:10 AM »
well, for one, when i was first introduced into this show by my old roomie, he said there was no way there could be a season 7, with how season 6 ended. yet here they did it, new friends, new foes, and made it work. Could they be milking it? sure, a bit, but when you gotta good thing going, sometimes you want to give it all you got.

One thing I wonder, I thought Julian was doing pretty good money wise after season 6, but i guess he squandered it, or maybe loaned the money to Ricky, and it never came back.

We got to see Ray grow a bit, apologizing to bubbles, which he is a very selfish person.

Lahey is an alcoholic, bar none, he started drinking when he had nothing left, I would say that is alcoholism right there.

Randy, just being randy, the weed thing really caught onto him really fast.

Ricky also realized, just because you grow the best weed, doesn't mean ppl will always buy it.

Also, with the way season 7 ended, there very well could be a season 8. money could be squandered, sam could still play a role, the return of Cyrus? who knows.

But I liked season 7, it was different, and sometimes different, can be better.

Kahnweiler

« Reply #27 on: Jun 18, 2007, 03:49 AM »
Worst season ever.
Bible Pimp: “Can you read, my son?”
Bubbles: “That depends. Can you go fuck yourself?”

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #28 on: Jun 18, 2007, 06:48 AM »
didnt think most episodes where up to snuff this season, just thinking how much i laughed during them .. the first two and last two where actually the only episodes that got me laughing out loud like the old ones did. Yes conkys return was supprisingly funny as fuck!

i need to rewatch it though
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #29 on: Jun 18, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Yeah Lahey gave the explanation to Randy in the ep I was quoting from.  The boys are recidivists.  Thanks for the spelling hard.

Smokey McDoob

« Reply #30 on: Jun 18, 2007, 01:20 PM »
I liked:
* the return of Conky
* Rockin' the Mitchell
* Choo-choo bong hits
* Sebastian Bach
* Jacob steps up to full character-dom
* The Caveman (gets the girl)
* the cinematic, multijurisdictional standoff in the last ep

didn't like:
* not enough of Sarah, Luck, J-Roc n' T
* Tom Collins (glad he wasn't a factor in the end)
* the Alien Trevors (much)
* that "baaaaam", "green eggs and hammmmmmm" shit.  Nope, wasn't feelin' that
* Phil Collins as major player.  Was better as robbery victim, bullet shield etc.
* that ep 10 appears to be the end of the TV series

Have to say, TPB always left me wanting more.  Really wish one of the previous seasons was a full 20-24 episode deal.  Now it seems a little late.

Even though I'm 99% sure it's the end of the series, I guess we can look forward to the DVD sets, with outtakes and other goodies, maybe another TV special or 2, and who knows, maybe a sequel to the movie although they didn't get a decent US distribution deal for the first one so that's not looking too good.

I wonder, now that summer's almost here, if there won't be a few campsites with portable DVD players showing the 'Boys.  I know, having a DVD player at your campsite kinda defeats the purpose of camping in the first place, but if I had to pick anything at all to watch on a TV-style screen near a campfire...it'd be Trailer Park Boys.

That's about all I have to say, and time I have to say it.  I won't be on much from now on, except to check for TPB-related news (the ORG is my #1 and only TPB news source).  Of course, if there's another season, I'll be back with my 2 cents...let's hope eh

Cheers,
Smokey

RockJ

« Reply #31 on: Jun 18, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Deecent season.  It's hard to compare as I am watching the microphone assassin right now which is one of my favorite episodes.  It seems from the last episode that all is said and done.  If it is so, then so be it.  I have 5 seasons of DVD's to fall back on to make me laugh when I am feeling down.  I will eventually buy seasons 6 and 7 when 7 comes out on DVD for continuity.

Thanks TPB for the laughs for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, if you'all want to do a season 8, I will still watch!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

bloak

« Reply #32 on: Jun 19, 2007, 12:10 PM »
  Great season, like the model train thing, friends of the road. Ray is such a good character, his hobby is drinking. Phil collins character grew some, I met him once, nice guy. Shitty Bill was on a few times, hey Shitty..The boys camped out, and they ate well, season 5 Bubbles was dipping old heel ends in bacon fat. The ceaser salid was great, the pork chops were sublime....I gotta rock a piss..
   The smuggling dope on the model train was out there, but what an original idea, hilarious.
  I thought Patrick Swazie was going to be a surprise guest on the last episode since they mentioned him so much, and the papa himself Denny Doherty, wow god rest his soul, that must have been just months before he died.
    Im having withdrawal, oh well showcase is showing the reruns of prev seasons, anyway gotta rock a piss...later

jill

« Reply #33 on: Jun 21, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Just wanted to post a few comments about season 7......

The short version:  :) :D :D   :) :( :( :) :D  :D

Those people on site who say that the series sucked are wrong!!! TPB never sucks; the whole show-from conception to execution-has too much heart, clever observation, character and humour-especially cracking one liners- to ever suck. What ever happens in the future, thank you Mike C and all the cast for making this show; it's made me laugh out loud and, sometimes, almost cry for two years. Sorry for repeating myself (other posts), but for me the only other show on TV that comes close re: empathising with, and caring about, the characters so much is the Simpsons (OK, it's a cartoon I know-but pretty special nonetheless).

That said, I've found series 7 a bit patchy. Just my opinion-I'm no critic-but I think the 'problem' lay in trying to take the show in a different direction. Series 7 felt a bit like an alternative TPB movie (if that makes sense) in that it was one long story line, rather than lots of little self contained stories with a longer story arc over the season. If I had watched it in one continuous flow, rather than in week by week installments, it would have worked better, because I wouldn't have noticed so much the 'flat bits' which were necessary for the exposition of the storyline. On the other hand, had TPB continued with the same format, it might have started to look and feel a bit tired. So, I suppose it was a case of the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' for the writers.

On the specifics: there were some great moments that I really loved: Ricky nurturing the raccoon, the brilliantly pythonesque beatings with telephone directories, the identikit picture of Bubbles on the newspaper and the marvelous finale-I'm not Canadian, but I think I got the Canadian/US jokes (???). And Conky's second demise was fantastic!

Personally, I hated the BAAAAM stuff and the Loch Ness Monster nuts etc. Maybe this is a cultural thing because others on site seem to have really liked that, but I just think the magic of TPB has always been about loving the characters and finding them naturally funny. Some of the dialogue has been cracking true-but it's been best when it's revealed something about the characters-not played for cheap laughs :). A second criticism I'd make is that in the middle of the series particularly, the show lost some of its heart. My son got me into TPB a couple of years back. When I asked him why he loved it so much, he said 'I feel for them.' I think at some point in the middle, I stopped feeling for them.

BUT, it all came good in the end!! It didn't end with Bubbles owning the park (my own personal little fantasy), but it was 'feel good' enough for me; the boys who have lived at the hard end of life for years, won in the end; Julian made something of himself, Lahey was back with Randy and reconciled to being a 'drunk, fucking shitty trailer park supervisor' (he could never be anything else could he?), Bubs was back with his kitties, J Roc and T were tight, Ricky got to be with Lucy and be a dad again-so, all was right with the world-good karma  :D

I know this is anathema to nearly everybody on site, but I wouldn't be too heartbroken if it did end here. I'm looking forward to the special like everybody else, but I think if you create something that is truly unique (and TPB is truly unique) it's better to leave people wanting more. All the cast can do other things-Robb Wells is a natural comedic actor and there's enough natural talent in the rest of the cast for them to use TPB as a springboard for other projects. IMHO Mike C is a Canadian Wes Anderson- a rare talent who maybe isn't destined to make Hollywood blockbuster comedies (thank God!), but who will go on to make a body of work that is appreciated by the discerning and inspires countless others (bit of British snobbery there ;) ) Personally, I can't wait to see what else he and the rest of the cast do in the future  :D

Favourite quotes anybody? Mine would be:

Who is this park, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community.

Or maybe:

'Knock, knock'
'Whose there?'
'Fuck off'

I LOVE you guys  :D :D :D :D xxxx

I am the Liquor

swollengoat

« Reply #34 on: Jun 21, 2007, 07:18 PM »
"Looking forward to the special"? (I don't know how to do that blue box quote thingy)

Has a special been announced, what's this about? I hope I'm not going to be disappointed...

I suppose I have to give my thoughts on this season to justify posting here. I thought it was the least enjoyable season so far. As the poster above me pointed out, I didn't feel for the characters as much this year, they no longer seem as real. That being said, TPB remains the finest sitcom on TV at the moment, and a genuine classic for all time. Season Seven doesn't take that away from it, but it wouldn't be true to say that if every season had been as good as this one was. I hope in the future they go back to their routes and make something that's more than just a comedy. TPB has proven in the past that cutting out the cheap jokes makes the real jokes funnier, because the characters feel like real three dimensional people. I hope when the crew read the comments on this board, they take the consensus into account and adjust season 8 accordingly.

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #35 on: Jun 21, 2007, 08:28 PM »
I wonder if the special is gonna be a holiday thing again..
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

Lucy Decoutere

« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2007, 09:57 AM »
so as far as i know we are shooting a special this year. no idea what it is about. i am planning to come back to canada (i am in australia getting my masters degree) for a spell to make this thing. and there are movie rumours. not this september but soon. no idea when, and these are rumours, but it would be fun as shit to make.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2007, 10:27 AM »

Time for my SMG Happy Dance
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Jarska

« Reply #38 on: Jun 22, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Cool  :headbang:
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2007, 11:29 AM »
So, Lucy ,  how do you feel about no Season 8 ?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ms Vee

« Reply #40 on: Jun 22, 2007, 11:32 AM »
That is very cool.  And you know what else is cool?  SMG's happy dance.  Love it!

JimmyTouch

• SLVRhack
« Reply #41 on: Jul 01, 2007, 12:43 PM »
I agree with most posts on the thread. I would just like to say that I enjoyed SE07 as much as I enjoyed any other TPB Season. They are keeping it going for us guys and, that's what counts. Congratulations to the cast and crew for a superb season of drama and laughs. I have been able to spread TPB to many friends here in the states, and it has caught on like wildfire. I can only pray that Mike C. and Cast will follow through with at least one more season as it would break my heart to see it end here. They have come along way with production and filming in general and I feel it has given the Trailer Park Family more room to grow and use their talents to the fullest extent. One can only hope that my fellow fans feel the same way.

One of your biggest fellow fans,

Jimmy

Cheers guys! :beermug: :6paper: :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2007, 12:46 PM by JimmyTouch »
"Actually, Ricky...those shifty little bastards they all look the same..nobody will know" ...

"Halloween 1977"

JimmyTouch

• SLVRhack
« Reply #42 on: Jul 01, 2007, 12:49 PM »
so as far as i know we are shooting a special this year. no idea what it is about. i am planning to come back to canada (i am in australia getting my masters degree) for a spell to make this thing. and there are movie rumours. not this september but soon. no idea when, and these are rumours, but it would be fun as shit to make.

Congratulations and good luck on your endeavors girl! I hope you are enjoying Aussie-Land I spent some time there developing some medical computer software for one of Sydney's hospitals. Send us some pics love!

~~<3 xoxo Jimmy of Indiana
"Actually, Ricky...those shifty little bastards they all look the same..nobody will know" ...

"Halloween 1977"

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #43 on: Jul 02, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Good start to the season, some weakness in the middle and a strong ending. I agree with SMG that they should be shaking up the story lines to keep things fresh. I think Phil Collins is much stronger as a fringe character. His "baammm" style lines were bad. Jacob was very strong. I would agree that it wasn't my favourite season but I thought the strong last couple of episodes proved there is more than enough creativity in the tank for another season.

And, someone mentioned no Raveen references. Before Conky dies, he does try to get out a mention of "He's the man they call RAVEEEN!" but is drowned before finishing the line.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #44 on: Jul 04, 2007, 01:43 PM »
**Warning: If you don’t like overly analytical deconstructions of TV shows, do not read this**

I’ve made it no secret that I enjoyed season 7, & it really disheartens me when so many people put the season/writers/actors down. On occasion I have also requested of the poster to justify his or her statements. Simply writing ‘season 7 sucks’ does not mean anything unless you can support your answers with evidence from the show. I’ll agree that season 7 wasn’t my favourite season in the Trailer Park Boys repertoire; however, it was still extremely funny, entertaining & heart-warming. I’ve decided to take some of my own medicine & substantiate my statement & hopefully a member or two who previously thought poorly of this season will reconsider or perhaps approach his or her second viewing of the entire season with an open mind.

To dispel the thought that I may be wearing rose tinted glasses in my assessment of the season I would like to point out that there are several aspects to this season that I have found disappointing. The introduction of Sebastian Bach as a character did not really work for me; I didn’t find him funny & I don’t think it would have been necessary to have Bach in particular play the part of the US former rocker in need of dope. He didn’t make an impression on me as cameo guests such as Rita MacNeil or Alex Lifeson did; I can’t really picture any other musical personality in their place the way I can picture other rockers playing Bach’s part.
I also found that some of the story lines introduced earlier in the season were not as fully fleshed out as they could have been & some characters were completely under used. The idea of Scrilla Villa totally cracked me up & I was really looking forward to seeing more about how the store functions. I would have liked it to be more integral to the action in the way that C&T Convenients was; we did get to see Bubbles shop for a new outfit, but that’s about it for the store. On that note, I sorely missed the characters of J-ROC & T; it seems that as the seasons pass, plot lines for these characters are sacrificed more & more, this is especially noticeable in the movie. The storyline of Sarah falling in love with Jacob could have also been featured more prominently; the only precursor to the finale, where it is revealed that they are a couple, was the episode in which she was taking care of him after the night in the woods. Trinity is another character that we didn’t really get to see too much this season; she had some lines in the first episode, but I don’t even remember if she spoke for the rest of the season. We did see her going around the park taking pictures (such as in the cheeseburger jumping episode), & it would have been interesting to find out why she was taking those pictures. We are also left with a couple of questions: How are Ted & George Green doing in jail? Do Barb & Sam live happily ever after?
Cory & Trevor’s absence was extremely palpable this season, yet I don’t think it hurt the show itself that the characters were written out. There were enough supporting characters brought to the forefront to mask their absence. However, the two guys that hung out with Jacob did not sit well with me. I guess their characters were only necessary as jail cover, the finale showed that they needed someone to sacrifice to the FBI. But, did they really need two of them? I don’t think so.
At first, all the action happening outside of the park bothered me as well; however, as the season progressed, it made more & more sense that they needed to expand the scope of the show to bring in new storyline ideas.

Now for the praise. Although this season wasn’t perfect for me, I still enjoyed watching each episode & wished that Sunday evening didn’t take so long to arrive. I like how the writers are still able to come up with new ways for the Boys to get rich quick, while continuing to be faithful to the main themes of the show.
The love & companionship of family and friends have been an important element to each Trailer Park Boys season, & this season is no exception. The Collinses are introduced as a family, rather than independent characters; Phil’s main concern this season is not the successful launch of The Dirty Burger but rather the whereabouts & safety of his son (which is understandable when his son disappears for five days without any indication of where he has gone). Not only does Jacob have a protective father, but the writers also bring in an equally concerned brother. J-ROC & T have joined together as more than friends in this season, they have vowed to share responsibility of fatherhood since it’s unclear to them who fathered which baby. The biggest family man in the park this season turns out to be Ricky; although Randy impregnated Lucy, Ricky is not only ready to become a father to the baby, but he expects to be the father. He doesn’t even question whether it should be his obligation or not. The Boys bring Jacob into the fold of their family even though Jacob betrays the Boys by wearing a wire for Lahey & Randy, & by sabotaging the shitmobile; the Boys do not turn Jacob over to the authorities as they do with Jacob’s two friends. Loyalty & love for family & friends has been central to the sustainability of Trailer Park Boys & it is a theme that appeals to many fans, including myself. When I first started watching Trailer Park Boys, one of the things that really hooked me was the importance of family & friends within the show. The characters really seemed to care for one another. Since I couldn’t really relate to the recurring drug theme, I found I could relate to the importance that family & friends play in this show, no matter what craziness is going on plot-wise.
Absurd humour has become a trademark of Trailer Park Boys. We have seen it range from the concept of pet assassins to the idea of an autonomous ventriloquist dummy. This type of humour makes me laugh & I am happy that they haven’t abandoned it. The fact that the police continually allow Ricky’s car to continue driving on the road amuses me to no end. The main storyline this year was so overly elaborate that it is completely absurd that it actually succeeds. Whether or not you find that storyline funny is completely subjective. What I really admire is they way the writers are able to weave together the commonplace relationships of the characters with extremely bizarre circumstances; they are able to do this in such a way that it is completely acceptable to viewers. We don’t accept it as reality, but we accept it as Trailer Park Boys. It has to take great skill and imagination for the writers to come up with new ways to explore what we have come to expect from Trailer Park Boys. Many fans complain that the show isn’t the same as it used to be; while I agree that in some intangible way the show doesn’t have the same feel as it did in earlier season, I have enjoyed watching the show evolve into what it has become. To expect that a show would not evolve through seven seasons seems pretty unrealistic & naive; character development & plot exploration are critical to keeping the interest of viewers. Again, whether or not you find the direction in which the writers have chosen to take the characters and plot lines interesting & entertaining is subjective.
Jokes & gags, such as Lahey’s shit-talk, Ricky’s malapropisms & Julian’s likeness to Patrick Swayze, have not been abandoned this season. These are points of humour that have been around since the first season, however these jokes have not become hackneyed, as may be expected. From season to season, the writers are able to create unique ways to introduce these recurring jokes. For example, we have known how Julian hates being compared to or called Patrick Swayze, but in season 7 the writers have let us in on exactly why. The Swayzie Express brings another dimension to this joke; the rumour that the train is built with illegal parts makes us wonder if Swayze may be as greasy as Julian, therefore justifying a comparison on another level. I really respect & admire the way that the writers are able to elegantly intertwine evolved characters & plot with constant jokes & gags.

Most people become engrossed in Trailer Park Boys because it is unlike anything else on television. Over the years, the initial shock wears off for viewers, we come to expect certain things from the show. The challenge for the writers is how to deliver what we’re expecting in a way we wouldn’t expect & make it funny; I believe that is what we have seen with season 7.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

shake

« Reply #45 on: Jul 10, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Cool you put a lot of thought into that post Melba.  I'm too lazy to go that far into detail, but I recently watched the season again, end to end.  After watching it again all I really have to say it that I still feel that this was a good season.

The storyline of Sarah falling in love with Jacob could have also been featured more prominently; the only precursor to the finale, where it is revealed that they are a couple, was the episode in which she was taking care of him after the night in the woods.

A few people said they were surprised by the fact that Sarah and Jacob got together but you are right Melba, they do show Sarah nursing him back to health.  The idea of a woman falling in love with her patient, and vice versa, is very common in literature and seeing that episode again made me realize they were making it quite obvious the two would get together.  You also see them off in a corner together at a BBQ chatting away.

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #46 on: Jul 11, 2007, 07:16 PM »
if sebastian bach was such a model train enthusiast why not use his train instead of swayzie's? 

It was mentioned that The Swayzie Express beat Bach's train in 'weight pull' ability.

Can someone tell me what episode and possibly how many minutes in I can find this mention? (This is bothering me...  #-o )

Here are my fav. lines from season 7

Ray's response to Bubbles talking about his uncertainty doing small-time crime with the boys (1st episode):

"I know what you're saying Bubbles, it's a young man's game, that's why I got out of it, so here: if I were you I would do it one more time then get the fuck out of it, you know...and get me 5 pounds of bacon and half a pound of regular beef while you're at it."

Julian expressing his need to steal luggage with J-Roc on account of his growing debt to Ricky while he's nursing a 'raykin' (2nd episode):

"So you coming to the airport with me or not? 'Cause I got to get going."
"Nah I'm not working for J-Roc man, it's against my vice-principles. Man, I'm a dope dealer, I'm not going to steal luggage. I understand if you want to I guess, but I'm not."
"I've got no choice man, I have to...trailer's re-mortgaged, if I don't come up with a payment I'm gonna lose it. 245 dollars, where the FUCK am I gonna find that kinda money?"

Lahey on duty dragging Sam back into his camper from the liquor store (2nd episode):

"Move it Sam! You got a shower in this rig??"
"Of course I do, it's just not working!"
"Surprise, surprise...Why don't you scuffle off to your anti-pluvial world, find some water and hose yourself down!"
"Don't think I haven't noticed those sly caveman references Lahey!!"

Thomas Collins flipping out on Ricky grasping his shirt for pointing out he has no muscles while driving a muscle car after giving Jacob a hard time for adopting Julian's style (7th episode):

"16 years of positive thinking and education have manifested themselves into a mint condition 1967 RS Camero. CAH-MEH-ROHHH"

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #47 on: Jul 11, 2007, 07:22 PM »
A few people said they were surprised by the fact that Sarah and Jacob got together but you are right Melba, they do show Sarah nursing him back to health.  The idea of a woman falling in love with her patient, and vice versa, is very common in literature and seeing that episode again made me realize they were making it quite obvious the two would get together.  You also see them off in a corner together at a BBQ chatting away.

Wasn't it just established they got together before the BBQ scene? Or are they together in an earlier one? In any case, it shouldn't come off as a surprise as she was dating Cory and Trevor. She mentioned she didn't bang the two but I'm not so convinced...
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2007, 07:24 PM by IAOTPTPSATPS »

IAOTPTPSATPS

« Reply #48 on: Jul 11, 2007, 07:51 PM »
The introduction of Sebastian Bach as a character did not really work for me; I didn’t find him funny & I don’t think it would have been necessary to have Bach in particular play the part of the US former rocker in need of dope. He didn’t make an impression on me as cameo guests such as Rita MacNeil or Alex Lifeson did; I can’t really picture any other musical personality in their place the way I can picture other rockers playing Bach’s part.

Really? Not that I'm into the whole hair metal style but it's certainly something that Ricky can relate to seeing as how he likes Helix ("Holy fuck he's cool Julian"). I found it so amusing how sincere he sounded saying goodbye to the boys on their first meet after the convention saying "It was really nice meeting you cocksuckers", and also how he's reminded of his tour in Europe with 'Scorpions' after smoking Ricky's powerful dope and blurting out something he must have yelled out at this concert "HELLO CALIFORNIA, YOU ARE CRAZY, WE ARE SCORPIONS, ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE" (I've had friends that listen to metal who would bust into song in a similar manner smoking joints with me, so that also hit home for me). Another thing is I liked that new song they promoted for him from his upcoming album (love is a bitchslap) during when they rolled out the credits...I wasn't familiar with the fellow before but aside from kind of thinking the glam metal style has gone trite to shit, his voice is actually kind of cool. I saw a few music videos from his old band Skid Row and he is really good if you can put up with that style for very long (his vocal style is nicely varied).

Well, aside from the aforementioned qualm about your dislike of Bach being introduced to the show, I really liked your take on it. I love how people appreciate the show beyond the one liners.

shake

« Reply #49 on: Jul 11, 2007, 08:05 PM »

Wasn't it just established they got together before the BBQ scene? Or are they together in an earlier one? In any case, it shouldn't come off as a surprise as she was dating Cory and Trevor. She mentioned she didn't bang the two but I'm not so convinced...

No it wasn’t “established” they got together until the last episode at the end when Sarah announces they are together.  They showed them together earlier though, which is why I was saying it shouldn’t have been such a surprise, as some people claimed it is an unlikely pairing.  Actually though, Sarah herself says she never saw it coming.