Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Final thoughts about season ~7  (Read 43814 times)

iamwhatiseem

Re: Final thoughts about season ~7
« Reply #100 on: Sep 03, 2012, 12:47 PM »
 To me season 7 was flat out hilarious, with a few minor annoyances. The Patrick Swayze thing was over done...the return of Conky was good, but went on a little too long. All in all it was a good season.
 That is...until the last 5 minutes. Disappointing as hell to have such a great series end with such crap. C'mon...Lahey and Randy handing out drinks and hangin' out with the guys at a BBQ? Really??? Um...no. Especially for Ray who was the one guy who never stopped seeing right through Lahey's shit - and wouldn't put up with those two hanging out with them. Would you?
  It was of course fitting as hell that FINALLY the boys end up "retiring" and even more that Ricky is living with Lucy and the kids. (Although Lucy in season 7 f*cked Ricky over in every way imaginable)
 If I was to write the final 5 minutes of the series - it would have been a scene with Ricky's trailer on the left, Julian's trailer on the right and Bubble's living in a "double-wide shed" in the middle.
 No one in the scene but the three boys sitting together around a fire getting drunk as fuck, smoking dope and reminiscing.  :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug: :6paper:
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #101 on: Sep 03, 2012, 10:33 PM »

If I was to write the final 5 minutes of the series - it would have been a scene with Ricky's trailer on the left, Julian's trailer on the right and Bubble's living in a "double-wide shed" in the middle.
 No one in the scene but the three boys sitting together around a fire getting drunk as fuck, smoking dope and reminiscing.  :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug: :6paper:
[/quote]
   Would they be the ages they were at the current end of the series or would they be, like, as old as Ray?
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #102 on: Sep 04, 2012, 11:35 AM »
   Would they be the ages they were at the current end of the series or would they be, like, as old as Ray?
  Wow - that is a great idea...I was thinking just at the age they are - but having a final scene where they are much older would be freakin awesome.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2012, 11:38 AM by iamwhatiseem »
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #103 on: Sep 24, 2012, 12:28 AM »
Hey, Iamwhatiseem and MVS -- interesting chat.  I gotta say, why wouldn't Randy and Mr. Lahey be passing out drinks together?  Everybody on each side of the Sunnyvale line agrees to a peaceful resolution, all move forward with their lives, Randy and Lahey actually break up and rejoin several times in either sexual or platonic circumstances over the course of the saga - why wouldn't they remain friends?  Or more? I LOVE how Ricky is cool to Randy -- because they share a son!  It goes to show how humane and human these characters are, that with the complexity of their pasts, it is the simplicity of their present that they survive and thrive.  When Ricky and Randy chat about how many cheeseburgers he gets, that's comedy GOLD!  But, Iamwhatiseem, your final scene does seem awesome!

gnomesane

• www.piercedpink.com
« Reply #104 on: Sep 21, 2013, 03:01 AM »
  My all time favorite episode....Whos the microphone assassin?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          J Roc should rap about what he knows, like livin in his moms trailer and eatin peanut butter  sandwhiches!!  :6paper:
Aint Shook!

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #105 on: Sep 21, 2013, 07:30 PM »
  My all time favorite episode....Whos the microphone assassin?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          J Roc should rap about what he knows, like livin in his moms trailer and eatin peanut butter  sandwhiches!!  :6paper:
Watchoo talkin bout girl?? That's season 3!
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2013, 12:43 AM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #106 on: Sep 23, 2013, 09:53 PM »
I really like S7, and I really like the last 5 minutes.  Everybody's happy -- they've earned it!  Julian's retired, but we all know he won't stay that way.  Ricky's happy with his family -- The Big Dirty has basically that same ending.  So what?  It's great and it works -- for me, anyway.  And I love how the last line you hear is when Thomas Collins says, "You NAME is Shitty Bill?" and Shitty nods.  It's a throwaway, but a classic.  It think it's a classic because it's a throwaway.  Funny thing, when Bubbles first mentions Bill, he says, "Don't call him Shitty Bill though!"  Thereafter, Bubs calls him Shitty as soon as he sees him, and so does everybody else.  He even introduces himself that way to Thomas Collins at the end of those great final 5 minutes.  I think, in the tradition of great comedic finales, that one ranks pretty high.  Hmmm...