Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Final thoughts about season ~7  (Read 43859 times)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Final thoughts about season ~7
« on: Jun 13, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Everything from Sam Losco to the very fucked up liquour constructed Conky.
Meat dummies ( I was glad they didn't speak).
No one has proven that there are any other TPB project's but I would like an overview after watching the episodes a couple of times. It, often, takes me a couple of viewings to catch all the really funny shit. I watch it once and get all the obvious shit. The following viewings, I "get" a lot more of the subtle comedy that attracted to me to the show in the first place.
 Season 7 wasn't my favorite season but it was really cool watching the new episodes with you guys.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Shit machine gun

Re: Final thoughts about season ~7
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Loved it, even with the Collins' boys being a tad annoying at first.  I'm glad they're changing up the storylines from the older seasons. 

Cheers creators.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Best phrase I will take away from this season (and use to the point of annoyance) - frig dancing.

Ms Vee

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:20 PM »
I really enjoyed this season.  I'm not saying if it was the worst or the best, but it was good.
I loved how John Dunsworth brought the Mr Lahey character to new heights.  The Bubbles character was also hilarious.
Season 7 also gave us so many great lines and phrases...

Scrilla Villa
Baaaam!
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaam!
Rakins.  Amernakins. Dirty Burger. Mustard Tiger
Randy's Cockisms:  Ah Cinnamon Cocks!  Frozen mixed vegetables Cocks! Sweet and sour chicken balls!
Rock the Mitchell

This is just a few that I could think of, I'm sure there are alot more.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007, 10:24 PM by Ms Vee »

maddog

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:28 PM »
I think it's been one of the best so far Conky was sooooooooo funny as was Jacob and phil bubbles was funny i wasn't likeing the Scorpion thing at first but then it grew on me.I loved Randyisoms and i'm sad it's ended

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I really enjoyed this season, I still think all of the seasons are the best.  I have no favourites
I can't wait for the dvd!
My favourite parts of the season were
BAAAAM! PEANUT BUTTER AND JAAAAAM!
Conky's Revenge
Tom Collin's line: Dad..you are fucked!
The speachless meat dicks
The Dirty Burger
Three Good Men are Dead!   :D :D
Phone Book fighting! (Which inspired me to use this new discovered weapon in a short film I made)
And last but not least...Jim Lehay's return as an evil drunk
oh and Randy's khaki pants wearing baby
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007, 10:45 PM by Cheeseburger Walrus »
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

bradx

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:55 PM »
if sebastian bach was such a model train enthusiast why not use his train instead of swayzie's? 
that shit talking kid from the convention should have been swayzie.

too many swayze jokes and not enough reveen, they didnt even mention reveen probably because they knew americans wouldnt get it, and going to visit the USA, too much pandering to the new audience.

the mustard tiger shirt is awesome!  i definetely have the gut that i could rock a shirt like that!!!  animal head shirt+big gut=awesomeness.

rakins, thats what those furry little bitches are julian...

barbs best scene ever was this season, her drunk act was really good but she shoulda bounced her head off the door when they were dragging her into the trailer, or at least insterted a bang sound.  barb with the megaphone was funny as hell too.

sam was great this season.  the voice he uses during the "75 dollars" scene was as funny as anything he's ever done on the show.'

i think this season as a whole is considerably better than the big dirty movie, even without cory and trevor (but it would have been better with them)

a little off topic, but i also think the big dirty would have been better with cyrus as the strip club owner...  and some reveen jokes.

rickeys entire dialogue these days is almost entirely "rickeyisms" and bubbles voice is entirely different than in earlier seasons.  "TPB had become a sitcom and was the same lame joke over and over. a lame joke with a funny voice and thick glasses."  is something that was EDIT:NEVER SAID BY ANYBODY.

scorpion was funnier than conky.  the guest stars were all good.

there was tons of good stuff and i was definetly entertained for every episode. 

we cant call people without wings angels etc was a great episode and convinced me the alien trevors were ok.   its great when theyre starving shivering and getting eaten alive by insects and getting stoned the whole time

jacob was good, the mustard glass was funny. 

phil collins gets a coolness pass just for how he looks regardless of overacting.  he is funny as hell when pissed off or scared...  the ladder fight ruled!

tom collins is a good actor but i think ricky should have kicked his ass at some point, or at least threw a TV onto him like he did to randy in "i banged lucy and knocked her up... no big deal." 

"remember what happened to cory and trevor"

"what happened to cory and trevor?"

"nothing..."

:beermug: :beermug: :6paper: :6paper: :julian: :ricky: :bubs: :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s

shitty bill-best newer character

liked the gunplay, drinking, weed, animals and birds, inclusion of microphone man, bottle kids, etc.

watch all of season 7 sometime and smoke a bong hit every time randy does and you will be stoned as hell!!!  (i know i am right now)  "the randy man can"

glad they wrapped it up at the end of the season.  it leaves hope that if they come back with a new season they can start fresh, with the characters more "in character" or back to normal i guess, or some stoned something...
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007, 11:23 PM by bradx »

MrLahey

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2007, 12:15 AM »
Might as well end the series now. The ones I laugh the most at are the earlier ones. I guess money plus well money = less effort on the production team. This season was lame.

Foxy J

« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2007, 12:26 AM »
Loved it, even with the Collins' boys being a tad annoying at first.  I'm glad they're changing up the storylines from the older seasons. 

Cheers creators.

I agree. I love this season as much as I love the rest of them.

I did miss Corey & Trevor of course, but I eventually warmed up to Jacob & The Fuck Goofs. I found myself falling more in love with Julian and as always, Ricky  -- who is destined to be my future baby daddy -- was as fanfuckingtastic as always.

:julian: :bubs: :ricky:
I may have called him a male prostitute. I don't remember exactly. But very well he could be a male prostitute. You don't know that. But he got pissed off at me, saying 'Oh, you kidnapped me!' It wasn't kidnapping. So if he's gonna say I kidnapped him, I'm gonna call him a male prostitute.

"When you plant shit seeds, you get shit weeds."

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2007, 04:19 AM »
Trailer park is a beautiful work of art, and in the future people will go to museums and fucking watch trailer park boys, and classes will be taught about it at universities. Anyone who disliked season7 is obviously fucked, but I am always simply amazed how people hate on shit to such an insane degree. I could see season7 not being someones favorite season(even though it is clearly mine by a longshot) I do wish corey and trevor were still on the show. Phil collins and jacob and thomas added a whole new depth to the show in my oppinion because it was another hilariously construde set of relationships, from thomas saying "Dad...you are fucked" to jacob commenting on how nice rickys tape was, and phil collins talking about how "the drug dealers have them again!"

I would love to see a show that was all about jacob thomas and phil and randy, that would be a great spinoff show.

but I digress, this show and season are great!
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2007, 04:22 AM by stopstearinatmygut »

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2007, 06:33 PM »
The two guts and the twiggy alien brothers
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2007, 10:00 PM »
This was a great season. I have too many favorites to list them all.
Conky's return was surprisingly good.
Tom Collins and the Alien Trevors pissed me off at first but I got used to them eventually. I would have liked to see Tom Collins get his ass kicked by Julian or something at the end though :lol:
Phil and Sam were awesome!!
Jacob was great. I think it was good to have his character with a more major role than in the past. The baaaaaaam shit was a bit corny at times but that just showed how fucked up his character is :lol:
8/10 for me.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Naomi

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2007, 10:29 PM »
The baaaaaaam shit was a bit corny at times but that just showed how fucked up his character is :lol:

I only thought 'bam' was funny when he did it with his dad, and when the train was coming in.

David Heisel

« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2007, 11:18 PM »
if sebastian bach was such a model train enthusiast why not use his train instead of swayzie's? 

It was mentioned that The Swayzie Express beat Bach's train in 'weight pull' ability.
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

bradx

« Reply #14 on: Jun 15, 2007, 01:06 AM »
the reveen express woulda beat em both.

KarateCollie

« Reply #15 on: Jun 15, 2007, 07:23 AM »
I would've liked to see Julian kick the shit out of Tom Collins too, and then take his car. I liked the way it ended, and if they don't make any more seasons, than at least it ended well. I'm still hoping for more, but you know, I love the shows that they have made and I love the joy this has brought to my life and for that, I'm forever grateful. What more can I say?! Good work boys!
KarateCollie

golfinwithflames

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2007, 08:02 AM »
Ten excellent episodes. Thank you very much.

More, please.  :)

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2007, 12:49 PM »
All in all I loved Season 7. When I was feeling overly critical of this episode or that episode, I stopped to remind myself that Trailer Park Boys has brought a lot of joy and laughter into my life the last few years. Now, I'm never without something to talk to my brother about and I have this wonderful virtual community where I've made lasting friendships. Yep, TPB has been good to me and I will always be thankful and faithful.

"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

Refuckulator

« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2007, 02:49 PM »
The baaaaaaam shit was a bit corny at times but that just showed how fucked up his character is :lol:

I only thought 'bam' was funny when he did it with his dad, and when the train was coming in.

Yeah, I gotta agree.
His first bam was probably the corniest one :lol:

shake

« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2007, 03:06 PM »

"The First Bam is the Corniest", wasn't that a Cat Stephens, Keith Hampshire, Rod Stewart, Sheryl the crow song?

scoobysnack

« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2007, 06:49 PM »
So has anyone heard if they are making season 8?  I still have not seen the very last episode in season 7... I'll look for it tonight.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Nothing confirmed. Let us know what you find but be able to back it up with links :)
Season seven looked like a bunch of really cool people doing what they wanted to do. MC had to film in high def for the network. Progress is needed all the time or you can sit still and watch the world go by you. The Beatles went from fucking 4-track to modern studio techniques. There's a lot of us who like the early Beatles but there's still a lot of fans of "post Beatles".
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Refuckulator

« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2007, 11:36 PM »

"The First Bam is the Corniest", wasn't that a Cat Stephens, Keith Hampshire, Rod Stewart, Sheryl the crow song?

I have no idea shake. I don't listen to much "Sheryl The Crow"
Wait a second. Do you mean "The First Cut Is The Deepest"? I don't know, just a guess.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #23 on: Jun 17, 2007, 05:20 PM »
I think Shake was being a recitivist Refuck.  I'm not sure what a recitivist is, but I'm sure it ain't bad.

As far as the HD goes, couldn't it be seemingly possible that the camera crew recording Julian's life made some extra money and purchased a HD camera?  They aren't that expensive, compared to a fancy movie camera.  I know it's a step up but I liked it.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #24 on: Jun 17, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Do you know what a recitivist is Randy?  I don't have a clue Mr. Lahey.

Yes I was referring to "The First Cut Is The Deepest", I loved the three non Sheryl the Crow versions of that song that I mentioned.

As for season 7 I thought eps 2 and 8 were some of the all-time best and I thought the season finished really strongly.  I was suprised that I actually liked Conky the second time around, he made me laugh.  I liked 7 better than seasons 5 and 6.