Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 65791 times)

mark1515

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #275 on: Jun 18, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Lahey quitting the force? After fighting so hard for YEARS to be reinstated. That was lazy writing IMHO.

He quit the force because remember what they had him doing

Taking a run up to horton for the boys

shake

« Reply #276 on: Jun 18, 2007, 09:13 PM »
OK so now we received official word on the future of the show.  For anyone who hasn't read the thread in the TPB News forum yet, that was not the Series finale but they are taking a break this summer.  There will be a special aired next year and hopefully more episodes made in the future.  Check this thread for confirmation...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7961.0

I was on a road trip last week and wasn’t able to post my comments on the ep.  I watched it again and figure I might as well post my highlights, some of which have been mentioned by others as well. 

I did really like this episode.

Julian after Conky kisses him:  “Would you put that fuckin puppet away Please!”

I like how they admitted the plan to smuggle dope by model train was dumb as many of us thought.  Conky was great at that, to Julian "You fucking idiot".

Ricky yelling “Jacob!” to cut off Jacob while he was in his extra long Baaam that didn't seem would ever end, as the train brought back the cigs from “Skiddy Row”.

Conky’s line about how is Julian going to dance around this little situation ... “Dirtily”

Ricky impression of Drunk Lahey

Ricky calling Conky “Stick-Bitch”.

Conky's last words were "He's the man they call..." Awesome!

The idea of them escaping in “that floaty thing” as Jacob called it, and the filming of it was great.

The Cinematography in this ep was awesome!  For those of you that don't yet appreciate the genius of Clattenburg go back and watch.  He did an awesome job with the equipment he had before but I thought he really turned it up a notch in this ep.  A taste of things to come I hope.

Seriously this man is an amazing director, don't place any restrictions on him, let him run loose!  I was also impressed by the look of the movie, especially the ending montage that ran whilst Bobcaygeon by the Tragically Hip played, nothing but pure movie magic!

Also I will say it was interesting to note that a lot of us speculated after ep 9 that Conky called the US authorities on Bach and not the boys.  It looks like he did turn on the boys.

Also I thought it was interesting that Julian and some of the others, besides Ricky, finally get shot.  Perhaps they are owning up to the fact that you can't have all those bullets flying around without people getting hit.

boyner

« Reply #277 on: Jun 19, 2007, 04:50 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Excellent stuff.

I note all the people loving the earlier stuff and not so much the last two series. I'd say this - go and get a bunch of mates, get drunk and stoned and make your own lo-fi show. That's where Clatty started out so why not do it?

Episode 1 : What in the fuck happened to our show?

A little observation on the Bubbles character development. The turning point for him was where they were in the car and Julian wouldn't stop drinking and Ricky's Cop Bullish Power failed.

I guess he just lost faith in the lads and thought they were going to let him down. Then later on, when Ricky did his tour de force multi-bullshit on the assembled Forces Of Law n Order he realised two things. 1. they were all in it together - symbolised by the argo 2. ricky and julian were really going to cover his back.

Kindof reminded me of the end of Return of the Jedi, with Emperor Conkatine turned on and killed by Darth Bubbder rather than see his family suffer. (Jules Skywalker and Rickbacca)

I wish I was stoned and could claim that as an excuse for such a lot of rambling drivel but I can't.

peace out
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2007, 07:54 AM by boyner »

Becca

« Reply #278 on: Jun 20, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Like I said before, GKV, you got your opinion, I got mine.  Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I can't participate in the conversations and refute or comment on what others have said.  If you're going to post an allegation such as "bloated salaries", you should be prepared to back it up (which, interestingly, despite your claim of having done research about the subject, to date, you have yet to post your evidence).

There were a lot of highs for comedic value this season and there were a few lows.  All in all, I was very happy with it and will watch it again.
It's Teeeeeeeeee-shirt time! CAB'S HERE, CAB'S HERE!  I think we have a Situation.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #279 on: Jun 25, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I liked it alot.

Especially when Ricky was bargain basement shopping for easy jail time in no man's land on the river  :lol:

My favorite line.

Drunky the Clown:

"Fuck off over there this is my arrest !"

Denny D. :

"You Fuck off this is special agent Ryan Shockneck FBI........Fuck You !!!!

If only wars were fought this way.  :lol:

You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

JimmyTouch

• SLVRhack
« Reply #280 on: Jul 01, 2007, 12:37 PM »
OK so now we received official word on the future of the show.  For anyone who hasn't read the thread in the TPB News forum yet, that was not the Series finale but they are taking a break this summer.  There will be a special aired next year and hopefully more episodes made in the future.  Check this thread for confirmation...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7961.0

I was on a road trip last week and wasn’t able to post my comments on the ep.  I watched it again and figure I might as well post my highlights, some of which have been mentioned by others as well. 

I did really like this episode.

Julian after Conky kisses him:  “Would you put that fuckin puppet away Please!”

I like how they admitted the plan to smuggle dope by model train was dumb as many of us thought.  Conky was great at that, to Julian "You fucking idiot".

Ricky yelling “Jacob!” to cut off Jacob while he was in his extra long Baaam that didn't seem would ever end, as the train brought back the cigs from “Skiddy Row”.

Conky’s line about how is Julian going to dance around this little situation ... “Dirtily”

Ricky impression of Drunk Lahey

Ricky calling Conky “Stick-Bitch”.

Conky's last words were "He's the man they call..." Awesome!

The idea of them escaping in “that floaty thing” as Jacob called it, and the filming of it was great.

The Cinematography in this ep was awesome!  For those of you that don't yet appreciate the genius of Clattenburg go back and watch.  He did an awesome job with the equipment he had before but I thought he really turned it up a notch in this ep.  A taste of things to come I hope.

Seriously this man is an amazing director, don't place any restrictions on him, let him run loose!  I was also impressed by the look of the movie, especially the ending montage that ran whilst Bobcaygeon by the Tragically Hip played, nothing but pure movie magic!

Also I will say it was interesting to note that a lot of us speculated after ep 9 that Conky called the US authorities on Bach and not the boys.  It looks like he did turn on the boys.

Also I thought it was interesting that Julian and some of the others, besides Ricky, finally get shot.  Perhaps they are owning up to the fact that you can't have all those bullets flying around without people getting hit.

What a great community. <3 you guys are all awesome and your responses are superb.
"Actually, Ricky...those shifty little bastards they all look the same..nobody will know" ...

"Halloween 1977"

salieri

« Reply #281 on: Jul 06, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Freaking Good episode !

Fuck off Hellabelly'S !

"This get away as been brought to you by the letter F for fuck in the head, would you are Ricky !"

Kitty_Turntables

• 2 Cats Designs
« Reply #282 on: Jul 15, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Okay, so I've only just had a chance to watch Ep 10, and I admit, watching the last few minutes I shed a tear or two.  I really enjoyed the way things were tied up.  I know the cast are taking a break next year, and I really do hope they return for more episodes in future, but, having said that, I really *LOVED* the way this season finished, and if that's the end, then I can live with that.  And it was fantastic to see the bottle kids again, and the way everyone just got up after they finished as if nothing had happened!!  :lol:

As Ray would say, "That's the fuckin' way she goes".

Loved it!

Kitty
I fuckin' toad a so!

Phil Collins

« Reply #283 on: Jul 16, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I loved Season 7. Thot it was brilliant.

It was earlier I know but I esepcially loved the Boys' border crossing.

"Are they really that fucked down there?"

Yes. Yes, we are.  :lol:

"You're s'posed to throw your dope away before you get to the border .... you fucked up!"

:)
Keep your eye on the tiger.

Phil Collins

« Reply #284 on: Jul 16, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Oh, and I appreciated the comment upthread aboot cinematography. It seemed to start with the movie I think but that beautiful blue Nova Scotia sky gets more screentime now. It's so serene it fits the action like a glove.  ;) :)

And I wonder what Patrick Swayze really thinks of his role in TPB ... ?

:lol:
Keep your eye on the tiger.

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #285 on: Jul 18, 2007, 03:06 PM »
I bet that the Patrick Swayze who does model train stuff is gonna turn out to be a completley different person..
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

maddog

« Reply #286 on: Jul 18, 2007, 11:57 PM »
in the Series finale i think they should have raveen and patrick swazie in it and they all meet at a helix rush concert lmao

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #287 on: Jul 22, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Maybe just maybe...the fubar boys will guest star
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

GypsyGirl

« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Look, you people obviously don't understand what others on this board are pissed off about when they say they want the episodes to be like the old ones, but not use the same jokes. I understand what they mean and can calmly explain this to you:

The series started after the original black and white film was released.  For those of you who have seen the original film (I'm guessing most of you) You should realize that it was EXTREMELY dark in comparrison to the televison series.  In the first seasons there was a lot of black comedy, that was very off beat, sometimes it was even capable of making you cringe (Think Lucy trying to get with Julian, possibly even implying Trinity is his?  It WAS done, subtly, in early shows)  

The boys were a little more hardcore back then too, maybe even not such good guys as they are now.

There are few things that have REALLY botered me about Trailer Park Boys up until this season because the jokes were always so good, and they boys were so awesome.  One thing that DID bother me was the sudden dissapearance without explanation of Treena Lahey (Chuck Cunningham syndrom!)  When we got into the episodes with Conky and Steve French, anyone could see that the show was getting a little gimicky, but Who cared?  It was HILARIOUS!  Ricky walking around with that rag on his nose and the truck stuck to his hand made my entire YEAR I swear!

My problem this year is that as I've said before, they've jumped the shark; they've become something entirely different than they originally started as, and I think this is what is bothering other people who are crying that they liked teh old episodes more.   Go back and watch your old episodes and compare the characters.  Character development is a wonderful thing, but some characters have been diminished by it.  

Look specifically at Bubbles:  He used to be quiet and subdued, now he freaks out almost as much as Ricky!  Bubbles as the Straight man was one of the things that gave TPB its greatness because you just didn't expect poor ol' Bubbles to have all that insight!  And also, why has Bubbles voice gotten so high over the years?  Mike Smith has always done a wonderful job, but he's been overplaying the character in the past 2 seasons. (though I love Bubbles songs and Kittyland)

Cory and Trevor's Characters were changed too much, but it worked (to a point).  Originally they weren't such lackeys.  In the episode "I'm not Gay, I love Lucy" You see C&T actually mocking RICKY!  (They imply that he's gay.)  Later on they became these completely downtrodden guys with no self esteem who wouldn't stick up to the boys at all.  It worked for those seasons when they worked for Ricky and Julian (Cory and Trevor taking the place of the girls at Julian's Rub n' Tug!  I thought I'd never stop laughing.  When they broke their arms and they both had those casts that kept ther arms in position: funniest thing EVER!) but it was taken too far last season when they suddenly became equivalent to dogs?  It was just taken a smidge too far to the point where it wasn't very funny.  (Becasue it wouldn't happen to real people)

Lucy has become WAY too much of a ho-bag.  Sure she's a trailer park girl, but at least she used to have good intentions.  Lucy would tell Ricky to straighten up because they had a child. Now her character has no integrity, she doesn't keep Trinity in mind, she just sleeps around on Ricky for no reason.

And most of all, I can't take how Ricky was pushed aside this season as a sidekick.  In old episodes, yes, Julian was the "Brains" of the outfiit in that he tried his best to keep them out of trouble, but Ricky was "the man with the plan".  Ricky in all his ignorance is this mastermind in all things illegal. And that he does those things and doesn't even really realize that what he's doing is wrong, and that he's almost always able to talk himself out of being arrested for all the stupid small shit that the boys do is another thing that makes TPB so amazing.  Ricky is this true anti-hero, he's a victim of circumstance who's got a heart of gold when it comes to his friends and family.  You want Ricky to win in the end, you want him to succeed even though he's doing seriously illegal stuff.  For Ricky to be pushed aside and turned into a moron this season was a slight to the character.  Ricky deserved better.

As for the jokes, its okay to keep whats tried and true, but things can be overdone.  people love to hear the catch phrases of a character, Every time Ricky has ever said "Knock Knock" I've nearly burst blood vessels from laughing so hard ("And by the way your fish sticks suck!"  if that didn't kill you you have NO sense of humour.)  and the Patrick Swayze/Reveen thing is hilarious, but Patrick Swayze was WAY overdone this year.   I know some of you found that "Baaaam" thing hilarious, but to me that was about as dated as if they had said "Whazaaap" instead.  I nearly cringed when they did that.

In closing, people aren't complaining about changes so much as they are comlaining about the show taking a complete turn into pure comedy (With a lot of gimmicks, physical comedy and too much reliance on old jokes) instead of having the dark undertones and subtle comedy that it used to have.

I know I am replying to a REALLY old post... but since I just finished the final episode of season 7 last night... I wanted to reply to this.

I agree with everything this poster said.  Don't get me wrong... I love the show and will probably watch all of the episodes over and over for years to come... but unlike most of you who watched this series develop over a period of years... I watched every seasonal episode, in order, in a period of about 3 weeks to a month. 

It appeared to me that the last 2 seasons or so were either a struggle to write... or just haphazardly thrown together.  I was not happy with the direction they took Corey and Trevor.  (MINDLESS SHEEP) I was disappointed in the fact that they took Ricky from being a low-level criminal mastermind who had a hilariously hard time with words over 2 syllables long... to being a 30 year old man who had spend his entire life in a trailer park next to a lake and wooded area in NovaScotia... but had never seen a Raccoon (not even in a book even though he had a 10th grade education) until he was in his late 30s and couldn't even identify it on sight.

I agree with what this poster also said about Bubble's character.  In the initial episodes he was subdued and kinda shy but very innocent and hilarious as hell.  By the last episodes he totally lost his innocence and was so overplayed that at times it appeared to "be the bubbles show" with Ricky and Julian as his bumbling sidekicks.  Are we forgetting this is a guy who spent his entire life... since he was a small child.. living in a shed in a trailer park?  It appeared they did the same thing with the Bubbles character that a shitty show called "Family Matters" did with their "Steve Urkel" character.. they intended for him to be a background character but eventually they figured out people liked him so the last years of the show totally revolved around him.

Bubbles is still my favorite character though... "tickle their tummies twice.."

I guess what it comes down to.. is that the earlier shows were more based on reality while the later shows seemed to be more of an "anything goes if it may be the least bit funny" kinda thing. 

Don't get me wrong.  Still love the show and am watching all the misc. TBP stuff now... but ya.. I agree it was time to end it.  Another season would definitely have put this show over the shark.

"Who's got yer belly"

DarthAlexander

« Reply #289 on: Oct 16, 2009, 12:15 PM »
I just saw this last night and I loved the show and if everything had ended right there I am not too sure I would have been all that happy about it. It sure felt like a series finale that's for sure. If Countdown to Liquor Day is the final TPB thing we'll see, then I feel that ending is more in tune with the rest of the series. The ending of this show, with all of them hanging out together in the trailer park....didn't seem "right". I understand the purpose of the shot, but it felt out of place.

I'm guessing they lost all this money in the special (haven't seen it yet)?

I loved the episode overall, but that last couple of minutes were jarring.

The three jail option scene was amazing. Incredibly well done.

NickyVier

« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2011, 04:54 AM »
Well one of my most favourite moments of drunk Lahey occur in this episode- when they're on the banks of the river and he's like 'if there's no international drug charges I need the trayzeeparkspressbus' I have rewound that clip so many times and laughed my arse off!
FRIG OFF RICKY!!!

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #291 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:11 AM »
  Thank God Clattenburg brought the gang back for Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys and CTLD. Would've hated to see everything end with that cheesy wrap-everything-up-and-put-a-bow-on-it closing scene. Loved the happy ending to Season 6. So unexpected and refreshing. Here it's overdone with crane shots and voiceovers. It was funny Randy doesn't even mention his new son in his. He just wants to get stoned and mow lawns. It would've been funny to have the Alien Trevors in the wrap up in jail, not talking with sappy music playing. Just as well they simply disappeared, though. They'll never be Cory and Trevor.
   Ricky's negotiating was the high point of this ep for me. That and some classic drunken Lahey.
   Can't believe the Boys put up with so many kisses from Conky. Ricky or Julian should've shot him again and ripped that stupid wig off Bubb's head. But Bubs gave Conky life so I guess he had to be the one to destroy him.
   This thread was a bear to read. I think I'll need 2 SPJs to read final thoughts about Season 7.  :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

iamwhatiseem

« Reply #292 on: Sep 14, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Yes I know - this is a really old thread...but ya gotta give a break to the new guys. :beermug:

I just finished all 7 seasons for the 2nd time. Watching the final episode this time - knowing it was the final episode - damn. Ricky doing the "ultimate" cop negotiating was fantastic and the high light of the season. Bubbles acting out the final TPB episode for good in a wig and carrying Conky around...not so good. That was crap.
 And finally - the final scene. I want to think Mike C. just couldn't write the last scene and let someone else do it - because it was a really lousy ending to the greatest series in North America for the past 15 years. It was cheesy, and not realistic. The boys would not be hanging out with Lahey and Randy at a BBQ for crying out loud.
Give me the ending of season 6 or The Big Dirty....thank God we have those.
 :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
"What's an aplitude test?"
"It's a suitability test Ricky"
"Ok...I'll wear a suit if I have to...I don't care"

TrailerBoy420

« Reply #293 on: Sep 26, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Sup Fellas, first post here.

I am a 21 year old American guy, and i just discovered this show about 2-3 months ago. I have watched EVERY episode, and Special, and Movie. And i must say, i have truly fallen in love with this show. This final episodes ending really brought a tear to my eye. I see a lot of people arent a big fan of the " Happy ending " , but i feel as the series was coming to an end, it was justified, and well earned. Coming from someone who viewed the show as " Brand New " In 2012, i really liked this episodes ending, it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling.

When each character was telling a short story about how there lives had changed in the end, it was really nice. And when Ray said "  You know im basically just drinkin and having a good time...thats the way she goes....Fuckin way she goes.. "  , i literally nearly cried. I never thought my favorite stoner / drunk comedy could make me cry, until this episode.

ranranbobandy

« Reply #294 on: Sep 02, 2014, 11:47 PM »
I loved this episode! A few friends say they dont like season 7 and imo it is one of the best ones. Even with the fuckgoofs replacing CT i still loved it