Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 74627 times)

Chantal

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #175 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Someone asked for this....  Hilarious

Is that seriously what the baby was wearing? as if I missed that! LMFAO!

Cygnus

« Reply #176 on: Jun 12, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I think what I dislike about the HD format is that the mockumentary feel is gone.

It was like watching a bunch of crazy guys running around with a stolen handy-cam! Like they were gonna end up on "Cops" or something.....

This person knows what they are talking about.

And to the person above who quoted my PS: and laughed. That was intentional. I'm glad you found it funny. I did.

The whole HD thing takes the warm feeling of the show away. IT's cold now. It looked better when the sun was super bright in the episodes and you could actually see glares and shit on the camera. Now that's how its done. Makes it feel like a real life thing, instead of some mainstream shit.

KRIS-13

« Reply #177 on: Jun 12, 2007, 04:29 PM »
Every time someone writes a criticism you jump on them with "Well I haven't seen you writing any documentaries lately!"  Jeeze b'ys, some good with the comebacks, Wha?  Does not being a professional writer make you unable to say wether something was good or bad?

I was one DAMN hardcore fan of Trailer Park Boys until this season.  If they had actually ended it last season, it would have been okay, everything got wrapped up in a pleasant way.  This season was a friggin' mess, I don't care what you people say.  

Yes, there were a lot of funny parts, but the whole premise of this season was LAME. Its like they're taking old jokes and running them into the ground until they just aren't funny anymore.  Get off the friggin' Ptrick Swayze stuff.  It was funny as Julian's Nick-name, its stupid as the name of the friggin' train.  

Phil Collins was a funny side character, he didn't need to be developed.  He just didn't.  His sons are losers and they ARE NOT FUNNY.  The Jacob dressin up as Julian thing was pathetic and actually made me want to turn away from the screen, the "Baaaaaaaaaam" thing?  You stole that from a 1999 Poptart commercial.  W.T.F.  Jacob's little Side-kicks?  It was lame to even attempt to find a pseudo replacement for Cory and Trevor.

Lucy being pregnant with Randy's baby just ruined the whole Ricky storyline for me, and I LOVE Ricky.  Ricky is a guy who genuinely loves his family and yes he's stupid, but they've taken his stupidity to this new level where he doesn't understand how Lucy is pregnant after he's been in jail?  And more than that, I don't think he would have let it go so easily if this was the first few seasons.  Part of the great thing about Ricky and Lucy is that they've got this love that no matter how fucked up everything is, they come back to each other, even though they've cheated.  But a baby by fuckin' Bo-Bandy of ALL people was too much.

What was up with Conky???  He's talking without Bubbles now huh?  So you're throwing a little ventriloquist dummy possession into the mix?  Why not, everything else was completely outlandish...  the first Conky Episode was funny, this season was just weird.

This show has jumped the shark in every manner possible.

I was pissed last season when it ended after only 6 episodes (A YEAR WAIT FOR 6 EPISODES!?!?), but I was forgiving, this season is a little much to take.  And IF that was the series finale (Though I sincerely hope they wouldn't end the series without saying they were doing so)I think they owe their faithful viewers and apology for not forwarning them.  That was balls man...
And by the way, Your fish sticks SUCK!

thinkdontpray

« Reply #178 on: Jun 12, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Couldnt have said it any better myself.

And this is coming from a fellow Dartmouthian (is that right?) who has been on board since day 1. Hell, even before day 1. I still have tapes of "That Damn Cable Show" that I watch on a frequent basis.

It hurts me to say but if this is the end....wow, what a way to go out.

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #179 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Season 7 was easily the funniest season yet! Phil collins and sabastain bach were more hilarious then i would of ever imagined. The swayze express story was the best ongoing plot of any season yet, and all the acters did outstanding jobs. I have never in my life enjoyed a season of television so perfusely. Jacob being pulled away in the squad car was just one example of the times i was brought to tears from laughter, bravo tpb! bravo!

rid420

« Reply #180 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Agreed... tpb is great... every episode of every season has made me laugh out loud at one point or another. There are not may shows that I can say that for. Some people just have too high of expectations. As was mentioned previously, people complain that things change, and that the writers should keep it the same as it used to be. But if they did that the same people would be complaining that the writers keep reusing the same old material, and they would want something new.

Cygnus

« Reply #181 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Every time someone writes a criticism you jump on them with "Well I haven't seen you writing any documentaries lately!"  Jeeze b'ys, some good with the comebacks, Wha?  Does not being a professional writer make you unable to say wether something was good or bad?

I was one DAMN hardcore fan of Trailer Park Boys until this season.  If they had actually ended it last season, it would have been okay, everything got wrapped up in a pleasant way.  This season was a friggin' mess, I don't care what you people say.  

Yes, there were a lot of funny parts, but the whole premise of this season was LAME. Its like they're taking old jokes and running them into the ground until they just aren't funny anymore.  Get off the friggin' Ptrick Swayze stuff.  It was funny as Julian's Nick-name, its stupid as the name of the friggin' train.  

Phil Collins was a funny side character, he didn't need to be developed.  He just didn't.  His sons are losers and they ARE NOT FUNNY.  The Jacob dressin up as Julian thing was pathetic and actually made me want to turn away from the screen, the "Baaaaaaaaaam" thing?  You stole that from a 1999 Poptart commercial.  W.T.F.  Jacob's little Side-kicks?  It was lame to even attempt to find a pseudo replacement for Cory and Trevor.

Lucy being pregnant with Randy's baby just ruined the whole Ricky storyline for me, and I LOVE Ricky.  Ricky is a guy who genuinely loves his family and yes he's stupid, but they've taken his stupidity to this new level where he doesn't understand how Lucy is pregnant after he's been in jail?  And more than that, I don't think he would have let it go so easily if this was the first few seasons.  Part of the great thing about Ricky and Lucy is that they've got this love that no matter how fucked up everything is, they come back to each other, even though they've cheated.  But a baby by fuckin' Bo-Bandy of ALL people was too much.

What was up with Conky???  He's talking without Bubbles now huh?  So you're throwing a little ventriloquist dummy possession into the mix?  Why not, everything else was completely outlandish...  the first Conky Episode was funny, this season was just weird.

This show has jumped the shark in every manner possible.

I was pissed last season when it ended after only 6 episodes (A YEAR WAIT FOR 6 EPISODES!?!?), but I was forgiving, this season is a little much to take.  And IF that was the series finale (Though I sincerely hope they wouldn't end the series without saying they were doing so)I think they owe their faithful viewers and apology for not forwarning them.  That was balls man...

Fucking right. Another smart cookie. Ricky was totally pushed aside this season and didnt do barely anything interesting or funny. Ricky is what makes the show for me, without him being the main focus, im bored.

These people need to realize that just because they are hardcore fans, its okay not to talk yourself into liking the show because you feel like you have to. Like all of us have said, we are/were all hardcore fans just like you, but unlike some, we're ballsy enough to step up and say hey you know what, you put out some bullshit. We don't like it, and we're very dissatisfied, but we stick by you anyways, don't let us down next time.

Why can't you people do that? And if you genuinly do like the season, then you're obviously easily impressed. The ideas in the earlier seasons were way better thought out and complex, you can tell. So much shit happened that I NEVER saw coming when i watched those episodes for the first time. Now everything is predictable and lame, and to top it off, rickys one liners and bubbles high pitched grunts just keep coming and laming it up. Like ricky with the "fucky fuckertons" and shit like that. Yawn* What happened to the knock knock? That got old too, but it was funnier than the shit he says now at least.

And I had another person on the board who agrees with my on Bubbles. So many people that watch the show say Bubbles is their favorite character. WHY? I mean, Mike Smith himself is cool, don't get me wrong about that (mainly just covering myself in case he reads this and ends up hating me for life LOL) but seriously. He's trying way too hard now or something, to the point where hes not even funny. He needs to rewatch season 1 and look at what he did. He was funny as shit in that season back. Simple shit like lahey walking down the steps past him, and bubbles going "fuck yourself mr. lahey" in a quiet muttled tone. Now that's hilarious. What does he do now though? He's loud as fuck, louder than Ricky most of the time, which isnt proper, and he never stops doing his high pitched cracked grunt voice. That's hard on the ears. We like the calm season 1 bubbles better.

If you're all too proud to accept the fact that TPB has went down the toilet since season 5, then you all need to get your eyes and brain checked, because you're obviously being mislead by your mass amount of blind loyalty to the show. If the trevstor can admit to it, why cant you?

Cygnus

« Reply #182 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Agreed... tpb is great... every episode of every season has made me laugh out loud at one point or another. There are not may shows that I can say that for. Some people just have too high of expectations. As was mentioned previously, people complain that things change, and that the writers should keep it the same as it used to be. But if they did that the same people would be complaining that the writers keep reusing the same old material, and they would want something new.
Yes. Change the story line, to something GOOD. But don't change the characters or the way they interact with each other and the little things that people expect to say. Like Ricky all of a sudden being a random useless character in season 7. That is just fucked up to say the least. And having bubbles be way more outgoing when he is clearly supposed to be the quiet shy one, like in season 1.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #183 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:23 PM »
How in the fuck do you want them to create new and brilliant episodes that are like the old ones, without using old jokes, which made the old episodes good?

I don't understand people that want the new episodes to be as good as the first few seasons, but then spend the next 3 weeks complaining at how the jokes are all the same as before.  Make up your f'ing minds people.

This is a fan site, not a complainer site.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

thinkdontpray

« Reply #184 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:29 PM »
You're right. It is a fan site. And I am a HUGE fan. And as a huge fan I have just as much right to slag the show as you do to praise the show. Its a free country and we are blessed with the right to voice our opinions without being ostricized for them.

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #185 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:33 PM »
If this was the series finale, so be it. I thought the season started strong, got off track for a few episodes, but ended really nicely. I like that we get the best of both worlds. Boys go to jail and they end up making a deal. And Jacob is with Sara! Lucky bugger!

Well done to the entire crew! Great season.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #186 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:38 PM »
The complainers can all go to Fuckoffityland. Go watch Heroes or something.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

kuza

• My guild site for World of warcraft.
« Reply #187 on: Jun 12, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I like how Cygnus thinks it's "smart" to think season 6 and 7 sucked. Yet you still didn’t take down your Avatar of ricky tearing apart the kitchen FROM SEASON 6.  I can assure you I'm at least more "smarter cookie" then you, and I loved this season. I wasn't a huge fan of Phil but there were some great times this season. Like Jacom eating the salamander "ya, it's not so good" was one that comes to mind. Or Bubble nodding for the guys to come out and Ricky saying "what's wrong with his head". Those are still the classic ricky lines we all love.

You have every right not to like this season, or any season, but it doesn't make you more intelligent then the rest of us. You don't even seem to know what hypocrisy is.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007, 06:50 PM by kuza »
"That's what friends do, they give you fun and stress, otherwise everyone would be Mr fucking Rogers, giving reach arounds to neighbors all day with not a care in the world." -kuza
Yes, play WoW www.divinerightguild.com

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #188 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:11 PM »
I dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet but
It's awesome that they brought back the bottle kids after being missing for 2 seasons and including the "WHAT IN THE FUCK" line!
And I knew that Sarah and Jacob would hook up!
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

bradx

« Reply #189 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:35 PM »
why so much patrick swayze and no reveen?  they should have had that shit talkin fat kid in the train theft episode be patrick swayzie.  they made alot of reveen references but didnt use his name.

i didnt like when tom collins was shoving ricky around, that doesnt seem in character for him to put up with that, c'mon he's twice the guy's size and he couldnt even get a punch in?

conky is my favorite episode but this time around he wasnt very funny

i think this is my least favorite season, and i think season 6 is great.  hmm maybe i just have to watch it a few hundred more times

KarateCollie

« Reply #190 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Cygnus, your bugging me. :?
KarateCollie

tellkyle

« Reply #191 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:25 PM »
He's entitled to his opinion I guess, it seems heartfelt not trollish :)
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur

Naomi

« Reply #192 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:51 PM »
I agree that this felt like a series finale to me...

Good parts that come to mind as I'm typing:
- Jacob going 'bam' at the beginning when the train comes in
- Julian getting shot :shock: ('it wasn't me, it was the liquor!' but you are the liquor Jim...)
- the whole thing with Ricky and his dad in jail; esp him getting his grade 11

This season was way more awesomer than season 6. However, I did like the ending for both... perhaps because I feel that the boys deserve happy endings (Bible Pimp is another fav ep for that reason).

MrLahey

« Reply #193 on: Jun 12, 2007, 09:38 PM »
There were some great parts in this season. Lahey trashing the cop car was great. Julian getting shot and the drink not spilling was great also. I do think they overdid the character of Bubbles though, maybe they were looking to fill time or something, I always found him pretty funny, but this season was a bit wierd. He's better as a side character. I think Ricky and Lahey really carry the show, they are the most fucked up characters and entertaining as hell to watch when they are doing their best.

KRIS-13

« Reply #194 on: Jun 12, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Look, you people obviously don't understand what others on this board are pissed off about when they say they want the episodes to be like the old ones, but not use the same jokes. I understand what they mean and can calmly explain this to you:

The series started after the original black and white film was released.  For those of you who have seen the original film (I'm guessing most of you) You should realize that it was EXTREMELY dark in comparrison to the televison series.  In the first seasons there was a lot of black comedy, that was very off beat, sometimes it was even capable of making you cringe (Think Lucy trying to get with Julian, possibly even implying Trinity is his?  It WAS done, subtly, in early shows)  

The boys were a little more hardcore back then too, maybe even not such good guys as they are now.

There are few things that have REALLY botered me about Trailer Park Boys up until this season because the jokes were always so good, and they boys were so awesome.  One thing that DID bother me was the sudden dissapearance without explanation of Treena Lahey (Chuck Cunningham syndrom!)  When we got into the episodes with Conky and Steve French, anyone could see that the show was getting a little gimicky, but Who cared?  It was HILARIOUS!  Ricky walking around with that rag on his nose and the truck stuck to his hand made my entire YEAR I swear!

My problem this year is that as I've said before, they've jumped the shark; they've become something entirely different than they originally started as, and I think this is what is bothering other people who are crying that they liked teh old episodes more.   Go back and watch your old episodes and compare the characters.  Character development is a wonderful thing, but some characters have been diminished by it.  

Look specifically at Bubbles:  He used to be quiet and subdued, now he freaks out almost as much as Ricky!  Bubbles as the Straight man was one of the things that gave TPB its greatness because you just didn't expect poor ol' Bubbles to have all that insight!  And also, why has Bubbles voice gotten so high over the years?  Mike Smith has always done a wonderful job, but he's been overplaying the character in the past 2 seasons. (though I love Bubbles songs and Kittyland)

Cory and Trevor's Characters were changed too much, but it worked (to a point).  Originally they weren't such lackeys.  In the episode "I'm not Gay, I love Lucy" You see C&T actually mocking RICKY!  (They imply that he's gay.)  Later on they became these completely downtrodden guys with no self esteem who wouldn't stick up to the boys at all.  It worked for those seasons when they worked for Ricky and Julian (Cory and Trevor taking the place of the girls at Julian's Rub n' Tug!  I thought I'd never stop laughing.  When they broke their arms and they both had those casts that kept ther arms in position: funniest thing EVER!) but it was taken too far last season when they suddenly became equivalent to dogs?  It was just taken a smidge too far to the point where it wasn't very funny.  (Becasue it wouldn't happen to real people)

Lucy has become WAY too much of a ho-bag.  Sure she's a trailer park girl, but at least she used to have good intentions.  Lucy would tell Ricky to straighten up because they had a child. Now her character has no integrity, she doesn't keep Trinity in mind, she just sleeps around on Ricky for no reason.

And most of all, I can't take how Ricky was pushed aside this season as a sidekick.  In old episodes, yes, Julian was the "Brains" of the outfiit in that he tried his best to keep them out of trouble, but Ricky was "the man with the plan".  Ricky in all his ignorance is this mastermind in all things illegal. And that he does those things and doesn't even really realize that what he's doing is wrong, and that he's almost always able to talk himself out of being arrested for all the stupid small shit that the boys do is another thing that makes TPB so amazing.  Ricky is this true anti-hero, he's a victim of circumstance who's got a heart of gold when it comes to his friends and family.  You want Ricky to win in the end, you want him to succeed even though he's doing seriously illegal stuff.  For Ricky to be pushed aside and turned into a moron this season was a slight to the character.  Ricky deserved better.

As for the jokes, its okay to keep whats tried and true, but things can be overdone.  people love to hear the catch phrases of a character, Every time Ricky has ever said "Knock Knock" I've nearly burst blood vessels from laughing so hard ("And by the way your fish sticks suck!"  if that didn't kill you you have NO sense of humour.)  and the Patrick Swayze/Reveen thing is hilarious, but Patrick Swayze was WAY overdone this year.   I know some of you found that "Baaaam" thing hilarious, but to me that was about as dated as if they had said "Whazaaap" instead.  I nearly cringed when they did that.

In closing, people aren't complaining about changes so much as they are comlaining about the show taking a complete turn into pure comedy (With a lot of gimmicks, physical comedy and too much reliance on old jokes) instead of having the dark undertones and subtle comedy that it used to have.
And by the way, Your fish sticks SUCK!

Naomi

« Reply #195 on: Jun 12, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I liked the original seasons (and yes, b&w film...) better, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying later stuff. :)

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #196 on: Jun 12, 2007, 10:52 PM »
Cygnus - thanks for the compliment - that was my post about the old film style.
Kris-13 - I thought your post was awesome, you put into words much of what I have been thinking....

I feel that people who have critique's (criticisms ?) of the show post them because they are loyal fans, not merely to piss on the show.  It is possible to love something, and not loose all objectivity, right?
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

ScrewJimLahey

« Reply #197 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:03 PM »
All of you are complaining about the new HD feature but you dont watch it on HD. I watched it on a 60 inch HD flatscreen and it looks fuckin' awesome.

[spoiler]All of you are bitches. For a show to go on for 10 years, that isnt a cartoon, it needs to have some sort of development or storyline so to say. It's bin 8 years, is your life the exact same as it was 8 years ago. "Hey ricky never said that word in season 1 or 2, what a bunch of sellouts" or "bubbles stole the show and takes all of the jokes" fucking deal with it, pussies :bongtoke:[/spoiler]

kuza

• My guild site for World of warcraft.
« Reply #198 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:23 PM »
See you guys think we don't "understand" why you don't like the last 2 seasons. We just DON'T AGREE. You're the ones that don't get it. The show has to evolve, the characters have to evolve. People grow up, their voices change. You can't go that many years and expect the people to look/sound the same fucking way they did at the start of the show. Not at their age.

No one was happy to see C&T gone, big deal, get over it. No one really wanted Bubbles to become the forefront of the show, but it's still been a great show wether you like it or not. Don't sit there thinking you're on some high horse or pedestal and tell us we can't disagree with your criticisms of the show. That's hypocritical of you. Funny how that works.

There are things about every season I didn't like, including this one. And of course the show isn't as fresh as it was at the beginning, because it's just not new anymore, it's the 7th season and there has been a movie in that time. Just be glad the show is even still on the air is pretty much what most of us think. It's like a good drug, it'll never be as good as the first time, but you might burn yourself out looking for that same feeling again.

I didn't like any of the bamm stuff or the alien trevors or even certain people coming to the forefront, but they had a lot going on this season and a lot of it was funny. I happen to think season 6 was great even thourgh I dind't like some fo the Barb L. story lines. It doesn't mean the show sucks, I jsut dind't happen to like those parts. Learn to deal with it and enjoy it for the good parts.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007, 11:29 PM by kuza »
"That's what friends do, they give you fun and stress, otherwise everyone would be Mr fucking Rogers, giving reach arounds to neighbors all day with not a care in the world." -kuza
Yes, play WoW www.divinerightguild.com

MrLahey

« Reply #199 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:33 PM »
I think the show is still awesome and will keep watching.. I do however think that giving Bubbles so much air time was a mistake.. and the swayze train was a little too ridiculous. Sorry Mike Smith, I think you're awesome, but I think they over did it on your character.