Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 77530 times)

MrLahey

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #50 on: Jun 10, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Yup, looks like it's over. Ah well.... Good Times.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #51 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I have enjoyed this season, I think the problem is there was too many ideas - The Dirty Burger, Scrilla Villa, the dope smuggling, Lucy's baby, Tom Collins (what happened to him?) There was a lot packed into 10 episodes and not always a lot of room for laughs. But I'd hate to see it end - especially without any warning! We should all have got together to see the last ever episode, sobbing and getting drunk.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:03 PM »
What did Shitty Bill yell when Ricky told him to take a shower? Did he just groan out some noise? LOL
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

knockknock24

« Reply #53 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:06 PM »
guys even if there is an eighth season, it would be the same thing again next season, except this time we would know the whole time its the final season and we wouldn't even be able to enjoy it, im just gonna miss the boys so fuckin much i can't believe its god damn over, they all seemed like such down to earth actors and they started sometihng to be really proud of in canada

Shit machine gun

« Reply #54 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Shitty Bill did have a few lines this season, but fuck way to make the guy feel bad Rick. 

Why the fuck was the other Park Ranger guy's name Amanda?  I thought the chick's name was Amanda.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Raveen420

« Reply #55 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:06 PM »
One thing they left unanswered was this......

What became of Sam Losco and Barb Lahey??? I wonder if they are living happily ever after in Bedrock, or has everyone's favourite "greasy fuckin' caveman" gone back to singing in the bars and living in an RV eating hotdogs.  

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #56 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:20 PM »
What became of Sam Losco and Barb Lahey??? I wonder if they are living happily ever after in Bedrock, or has everyone's favourite "greasy fuckin' caveman" gone back to singing in the bars and living in an RV eating hotdogs.  

*singing* 'Heaven, I'm in heaven...'
:lol:
Nice way to put it!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Gary, the Head Mall Cop

« Reply #57 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:23 PM »
Its time to end it I think.
Like a previous poster said, the past 2 seasons have nothing on the first 3. 4 was okay but it used to many gimmicks, ie. Conkey, Steve French.
Season 5 was awesome. ANd it just seemed that these past 2 were too repetitive and they got away from the whole realistic approach of the series. Like when I first seen this I had to google it to see if it was real or not. You actually believed the characters and their life, sorry this is just my opinion, and I say thanks for 7 great years, and really for a Canadian TV series to last this long, its quite an accomplishment.

Bubbles420

« Reply #58 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Alot of things are left unanswered.... but sometimes series end like that... i hope to hell not... mabye they should end at season 10, so its a good ammount of eopisodes.

Besides, they have a heaping fanbase... they can still make alot of money off this series. I sure hope it continues. CAn't wait to watch the 10th episodes (only saw a few minor spoilers)

MrLahey

« Reply #59 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Another three seasons could easily be done, lots of story line that could still be developed. I think it's mostly the actors, directors, etc.. want to do different things. Sad to see it's over though. I just discovered the series this year, and became a huge fan.

knockknock24

« Reply #60 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:36 PM »
gary, i agree 100% with what you just posted, there has been something different about the past 2 seasons and i couldn't put my finger on it, sure the camera work is different and what not but you just made me realise that they definetly got away from the "realistic" feel, i wondered whether it was real when i first started watching it, or i asked me self whether they were actually getting drunk and stoned while they made the episodes. Season 6 was actually hilarious i re-watched it on dvd and while it is not that realistic it still has alot of funny parts, after the movie they got a shit load of money as you can see by the new directing style but it didn't suit the show at all, next season would just be the same thing but probably worse, in a way i think its good they ended before they completely messed it up, the conky thing was just too unrealistic and ruined this season they tried to do way to many things out of the park, there is still funny lines that are delivered in this season but the story wasn't realistic enough and therefore i didn't care about it as much, i still love the trailer park boys and wished it never changed or ended

subbaman

« Reply #61 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:36 PM »
First post here...

Maybe another season could be done, but it wouldn't be good.

They wrapped up everything except maybe Barb.

But look at it this way:
- Julian is rich and retired
- Bubbles therapist says he could go crazy if he stays with Ricky and Julian
- Ricky is adamant about staying out of jail and being with his family
- Three new babies in the park
- J Roc and T are dedicated to family life
- George and Ted are in jail
- Lahey is back to being a trailer park supervisor, where he belongs
- Sarah is with Jacob now
- Phil's dirty burger is doing well
- Tom Collins is friendly now (talking to Shitty at the end of the episode)
- The two alien Trevors are gone from the show as fast as they entered.

The boys have no enemies and no reason to go into crime.  If this was the series finale, then I'm happy.  It was a good episode and a good way to end the show before it drags out.

:julian: :bubs: :ricky:

Nomecensus

• Whack MCs
« Reply #62 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:44 PM »
goodbye tpb.  :(
"That's only .75 cents. Terry, for fuck sakes!"--Jim Lahey.

kurzo

« Reply #63 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:47 PM »
Good episode -

As sad as it would be to end the show, I think it is time to do it.

I loved the ending - I felt closure with almost everything (except Sara & Jacob - thats just fuckin wierd)

To the cast and crew:

You guys have made Canadian history and I am happy I was around to see it  :)

If it is the end, I will definitely miss the boys, you guys are all awesome!

And hey - THIS Big Dirty was worth watching  ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007, 09:49 PM by kurzo »

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: Jun 10, 2007, 10:25 PM »
That really did seem like the end of the series for me.
My guess is maybe a special or a movie and then they'll be done for good.

I really lied the episode though. Conky was hilarious and a lot more of an asshole to Ricky and Julian. The whole Impossiblist thing and the Dirty Dancin' references were awesome.

The negotiation kicked ass. Ricky was fucking hilarious.

Julian getting shot was awesome. So unexpected. I don't think he spilled his drink either :lol:
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

mark1515

« Reply #65 on: Jun 10, 2007, 10:58 PM »
That was fuckin awsome

i really hope thats wasnt the series end but if it was...

It was a damn good one!

- They FINALLY retired
- Julian got shot for the first time and didnt spill his drink
- Laheys a drunk trailer park supervisor again
- Bubs killing conky
- J roc said he was going back into the rap game
- Ricky got his grade 11 !!  :ricky:
- That motorboat was the "shitliner" that Lahey was takin about all the way back in the 4th epi
- Getting to pick who they get busted by  :lol:

bluntwrap79

« Reply #66 on: Jun 10, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I don't think it was the end.. I mean come on last season ended on a high note as well (no pun intended)  :6paper: I say atleast one more season... I'd have to say Conky getting drowned was pretty hilarious... I can't believe Julian was the one to be shot this time and the cheese burger walrus... If this was the Last of TPB Great job Cast and Crew... But some how I don't think we've seen the end... Cheers

:julian: :bubs: :ricky: :beermug: :6paper: :6paper:

El Zeee

« Reply #67 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:12 PM »
Great Season Ending.
Personally, I think instead of this episode being a "Series Finale" I'm thinking of it as a "New Era". So much has changed, and right now, maybe the producers have different plans for the show. Change it up a bit.

Anyways, if it is the last episode ever. Thanks to everything for the years of enjoyment. Lets hope it is a start of a new TPB era instead.

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
« Reply #68 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Wow! What an amazing episode. It sound like this is the end with all the characters narrating their futures, but you never know!!  I mean season 6 ended with a high, so you never know. However, it this is it! Then we had 7 great fucking years of laughs, dope, chicken fingers, rum and choke, kitties and cheeseburgers!!!
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

Vancouver

« Reply #69 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:43 PM »
 "Amernicans"  :D Great Ricky-ism
It seems pretty final to me too.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #70 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Wow - that seems like the end. Pretty much wraps everything up, eh?

While season 7 has not been one of my favourites (as I've noted in my previous posts, and as noted by some orgsters above quite succinctly), I did tune in every Sunday night, to catch up with the Boys. The show has been a trailazing Canadian comedy. It has given laughter to fans all over the world.

When I was at the book signing a few months back, I remember thinking that JP sure looked tired of the shtick.    I think these writers/actors may be ready to move onto the next thing.  My best wishes for the cast and crews continued success and happiness.

I hope we will see the Boyz again,maybe in a special or two, or another movie.

It's been a great 7 years. Thanks TPB.

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007, 11:53 PM by Perini Scleroso »
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

gmoneystyles

« Reply #71 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:51 PM »
In answer to those who say the last two season have been week, I have heard this ever since Conky. This series has plenty more legs. Clattenburg and the boys are masters of character development, they could go anywhere. Phil Collins was the perfect example of this. If this is the end, I will be fucking pissed and depressed in that order. I got one question for everyone....since Showcase is a business, why wouldnt they advertise this as the series finale, they would get 10 times the viewership and advertising dollars.

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #72 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:54 PM »
Because I think Showcase has totally dropped the ball on the Boys.  They have done extremely little to promote the show that last few years, seems like they are concentrating on bringing other shows into their lineup. But IMO, none of these shows even come close to what TPB has done.
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

ucrdoh

« Reply #73 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:58 PM »
it isn't the end, at least, i hope not, and yes, a shit blizzard it was.  Julian getting shot, that was different.  Pretty much everyone was shot save for Ricky and bubbles.

I still don't know why Ricky is still thinkin he's the father, but eh, and I really thought when they went to randy in that final scene, the kid was gonna be in that dog house.  I don't know why, but i did.

I'm re watching it now.

tellkyle

« Reply #74 on: Jun 11, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Loved the episode!  Great cap to a great, albeit offbeat (by offbeat i mean eclectic or something, not off-timing) season.  I admit to needing to warm up to the new characters but now that I've seen where the arcs go, good stuff!
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur