Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 75536 times)

Melba the Disco Queen

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #250 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:23 AM »
Becca, did I ever tell you you're my hero? :lol:
Very well put rebuttal.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Jarska

« Reply #251 on: Jun 17, 2007, 09:52 AM »
bla bla bla..

he said only his opinion about season 7, there is no need to be so rude..

this season was a load of bullshit compared to the other seasons, i don't mean that i hate the show now, but the season 7 would have been much better without Sebastian Bach, alien trevors, conky and other stupid stuff like that.

Let's see what the future brings to us  :beermug:

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007, 09:56 AM by Jarska »
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

shake

« Reply #252 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:01 AM »
bla bla bla..

he said only his opinion about season 7, there is no need to be so rude..

Excuse me but where was the rudeness?  She didn't call anyone a dick like "he" did, she was only stating her opinion.   Also you shouldn't misuse the quote feature like, the quote is for quoting someone's direct words.

Becca

« Reply #253 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Jarska, you quote me as saying "Bla bla bla" and then accuse me of being rude?  Where in my post was I rude?  I simply stated my OPINION like he did.  It works both ways, ya know.
It's Teeeeeeeeee-shirt time! CAB'S HERE, CAB'S HERE!  I think we have a Situation.

Jarska

« Reply #254 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:11 AM »
your post was so long that i didn't wan't to quote it.

funny, i said my opinion and instantly there is a bunch of "fanboys" coming after me :lol:

so, basically you can't say your own opinions in this forum, you just need to agree everything what the "regular" faces of this board are sayin'
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007, 10:17 AM by Jarska »

shake

« Reply #255 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:14 AM »
You shouldn't be accusing people of being rude when they are not.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #256 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:15 AM »
I can't believe there's been so much dissention among the fans caused by this season.  Fuck boys and girls, it's a TV show.  Let's enjoy it.  Who gives a shit if it's been subpar to some's expectations.  We might never see another new show again.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Jarska

« Reply #257 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:18 AM »
You shouldn't be accusing people of being rude when they are not.

like i said:

so, basically you can't say your own opinions in this forum, you just need to agree everything what the "regular" faces of this board are sayin', if you don't.. then instantly everyone is complaining about your comments.. that is fucked  :roll:

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007, 10:23 AM by Jarska »

Becca

« Reply #258 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:22 AM »
your post was so long that i didn't wan't to quote it.

Oh, please.  Like this site couldn't handle the extra posting.

I'm not looking for an argument.  I stated my opinion just like others have.

You state your opinion; I'll state mine. 
It's Teeeeeeeeee-shirt time! CAB'S HERE, CAB'S HERE!  I think we have a Situation.

shake

« Reply #259 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Jarska have you not been reading this thread?  I have seen lots of people expressing their opinions about the eps and the season.  The point is be respectful, don't call people names like "dicks" and don't call people rude when they are only expressing an opinion that differs from yours.  

KarateCollie

« Reply #260 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Becca, great post!!It needed to long to deal with all the comments GHV and Jarska dished out. Guys thanks for your opinion, there are lots of people who agree, however the majority here do not! That's our right, and if you didn't want replies, cry your river elsewhere.
 P.S.- that was probably rude, brilliant observation. :roll:
KarateCollie

Vancouver

« Reply #261 on: Jun 17, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Folks, I'm sorry to have to come out with this but it is the only way I know how to start the healing process.

After watching "the hour" excerpt I was left to wonder if that there really was room for a season 8.

It appeared to me that after the finale ep was over I was left with numerous questions and now after viewing George and the Trio even more questions are left unanswered which really pisses me off.

WTF happened to Corey and Trevor!?; Barb and Caveman?; Cheryl Crow, the actual crow; Stupid shit like that.

I felt that EP10 closed the season off sloppy much like a grade school essay about "What I did this summer" bullshit. Things went downhill in ep9 when Conky called the US Feds.

This season could have EASILY gone 20ep's if only the writers had some drive and producers didn't "rocket piss" the budget away on bloated salaries. I felt there was so much more to be had this year and instead I was handed an anticlimax and no definitive reason why things "wrapped up" so swiftly. It seemed as if they'd ran out of production money and had to abruptly end the season. Did you run out of pencils?

Also there's this Sarah and Jacob bullshit! WTF happened there? I thought Sarah was into the ladies, actually. At least that's what I got from the movie and the fact she was ALWAYS shacked-up with Lucy and telling her what to do all the time like some alpha-dog.

Lahey quitting the force? After fighting so hard for YEARS to be reinstated. That was lazy writing IMHO.

J-ROC and T getting "forgotten" halfway through the season... That's fucked.

What of those dickweeds that were essentially Jacob's bitches... No lines. NONE. A nod and a grunt... LAME! Where'd they cast those idiots from, St Pierre and Miquelon? Good call, nerds!

I am so disappointed with this season! I am actually hurt inside, crushed. I think the Boys let everyone down. Rob Wells, Mike Smith, Jean Paul, your game was tight up until now. You guys fucked over Corey and Micheal, and you dropped the ball on this one.

If you dicks come back with a season 8 you'd best make it up to everyone who felt cheated this year with your garbage story line that was all over the fucking place, no rhyme or reason character builds and intros and lazy writing. I'm embarrassed, boys. Really.

I'm going to pretend that season 7 didn't happen and wait for season 8. And if season 8 never happens then i guess that's the way she goes; Fuckin way she goes and the goddamned season 7 was ruined by a Conky doll and nerds with mohawks and no lines.

Again, I'm sorry I had to get that on the outside... It was poisoning my spirit.

Im glad you got all that out buddy. Feel a lil better?
I agree with you about  alot of that.
Great post!
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007, 04:30 PM by Vancouver »
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

GKV

« Reply #262 on: Jun 17, 2007, 03:48 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion... ON SEASON~7 EPISODE~10!!!

I didn't think for one second that my opinion would be critiqued filleted and stomped by an all knowing Moderator! Thanks, I am honoured!

I shouldn't have to explain my reasons for expressing my comments the way I did on the show but now feel compelled to do so because of the backlash I have inadvertantly caused. Go figure.

I'm a little more hard-core than most and expect more from this show. In regards to salaries I've done my research; have you? As far as writing S8E01 you should know that Clattie and his crew are not taking ANY outside input on the direction of TPB. Shame on you for even suggesting it, Becca.

If your intention was to slap me around for voicing my feelings and discussing how this season affected my perception of how this year's offering SHOULD have went, then why have a forum in the first place. You obviously have all the answers. Publish them for all to gaze in wonderment, PLEASE!

But there we have reached a paradigm as you do not have all the answers thus having to leave that enigma to someone who is much wiser than even myself.

Lazy writing, indeed. I've been content with the show until now and voicing my disdain with the whole thing has merely brought out the ignorance of others. I am sorry to have bruised egos. I care as much about the TPB as the next guy, maybe even more than the average fan. But that's why they call people like me a "fan", you know as in FANATIC, you should look it up in the word books. I am fanatic as to the way I have developed my love for the show and have every right to voice my like or dislike concerning what happens within the confines of the story-writing, screenplay, characters, etc., without having my convictions trampled by the likes of you and your ilk.

You don't like my opinion? Tough. I think they could have done better. Way, way, way, more better and awesomer.

Case in point their movie: Pure genius! So that begs the question, "Why did they go BACKWARDS with this quality? WHY!?" And thats not asking "why" regarding the quality of filming but the quality of the show and its WRITING.

Have you ever had someone do something you paid for that was truly good in and of itself only to see the next thing they've produced and paid good money for be shitty in comparison? That's how I feel. The crow comment was for fun.

I am sorry if you think I am a jerk or an idiot. I guess that just goes to show who really is the jerk and idiot as no one here other than "HubbaBubbaTelescope" know who I am and therefore cannot form an accurate impression of me.

I used the word "dicks" because I am choked, and I am sure unlike most, they're big and all growed up enough to take it for what it is. Rick and Jules use that word (and others) all the time. We're all adults here... Or so I am assuming.

I've been around boards long enough to know that there are those that will never be satisfied with anything you say. "You can please some of the people some of the time..."

I'm not going to slam anyone for saying anything in regards to their opinion about the SHOW or it's staffers, actors or whatever. Just don't make it personal against those who contribute in this OPINION THREAD.

My opinion is mine alone.

Agree or not agree is up to the individual.

I force nothing on anyone nor try to intimidate or belittle people to keep their opinions silent through slap-happy, senseless retorts based on mere words.

I disagree with a ton of shit on these forums but I exercise what is known as "self-restraint" and "discernment" to avoid unnecessary confrontations with people I don't know nor care to know and vice versa.

If thoughts and ideas are to be trashed and trampled here without restraint I'll have no part of this forum any longer.

I expressed my take on this season. I thought that's what we came here for; why this thread was introduced in the first place. Moderators should set the example of tolerance and NOT proliferate and encourage ignorance toward board members through snide comments and thoughtless rebuttals on interpretations made in a forum that, I thought, promotes openness, trust and friendship.

You really made me feel apart of the family. Thanks, Becca.

You should be proud to represent the embodiment and attitude of this community in the manner in which you displayed in your critical analysis of MY OPINION earlier. Congratulations!
Look Randy, I'm mowing the air!

You can't teach me anything about the liquor.

I can't exactly control the direction my eyes go in all the time.

shake

« Reply #263 on: Jun 17, 2007, 04:11 PM »
I'm a little more hard-core than most and expect more from this show. In regards to salaries I've done my research; have you?

So what is your research?  Some blog someone wrote on myspace speculating about the salaries of the stars?

I am sorry if you think I am a jerk or an idiot. I guess that just goes to show who really is the jerk and idiot as no one here other than "HubbaBubbaTelescope" know who I am and therefore cannot form an accurate impression of me.

What makes you think she thinks you are a jerk or an idiot?  You had a strong opinion and she replied with a strong opinion that differed.  In your words

“We're all adults here... Or so I am assuming.”

I expressed my take on this season. I thought that's what we came here for; why this thread was introduced in the first place. Moderators should set the example of tolerance and NOT proliferate and encourage ignorance toward board members through snide comments and thoughtless rebuttals on interpretations made in a forum that, I thought, promotes openness, trust and friendship.

Actually this thread was introduced to talk about episode 10.  We have a separate thread for season 7 comments, but the two seem intertwined in this case.

What was thoughtless about Becca’s rebuttal? If you make comments like

“This season could have EASILY gone 20ep's if only the writers had some drive and producers didn't "rocket piss" the budget away on bloated salaries.” , and call the boys “dicks” than you should expect some rebuttals, that is also the job of a moderator.

MrLahey

« Reply #264 on: Jun 17, 2007, 05:16 PM »
I'm not going to get into a debate about salaries or anything like that. One thing I will agree with is that this season sucked compared to the earlier works. Still watchable, but not as funny. The funniest part of this season was Lahey wrecking the cop car as he got back on the bottle. They also focused too much on Bubbles. Bit of a let down.

jill

« Reply #265 on: Jun 17, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Since I'm one of the people who's posted to say that season 7 hasn't been as good as 1-6 (though have enjoyed some moments and certainly don't think it's sucked), I just wanted to say that episode 10 was superb!! The arrest scene was hilarious  :lol:
I am the Liquor

skEwb

« Reply #266 on: Jun 17, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Season 7 rocked, if I were the producers of the show I'd end the show right now and give all you people that bitch a big fat nothing for next year. Stop bitching and moaning and enjoy it for what it is, don't try to change it. TPB rules, ALL seasons  :6paper:
I want your cubic zircoria to pay my child reports

mark1515

« Reply #267 on: Jun 17, 2007, 06:48 PM »
i didnt think Ricky was pushed aside this season  :?

And Ricky has always been my fav caracter  :ricky: :6paper:

bradx

« Reply #268 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:02 PM »
i think season 7 is considerably better than the movie, which was mainly rehashed story lines from earlier shows and character introductions of people we are all already familiar with.  the movie was only 90 or so minutes long but this season was almost four full hours!

as far as easily going 20 episodes, they never did more than 10 a season before so thats certainly not laziness or a decline in quantity, actually its quite consistent.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #269 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Lets sum this up. Ok, people who didn't like this season or the last few for that matter. Sit down, light a J and watch the old eps and stop bitching. Some of us have enjoyed the evolved version of the show and we are allowed to just that. Christ.  :fight:
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

GKV

« Reply #270 on: Jun 17, 2007, 11:26 PM »
*shrugs* :? You can't please everyone.

I'll just be in my shed hyperventilating. :bubs:

Shake,

My opinion wasn't mainstream. I used the word "dick"... OH NO! I've seen worse let fly around here calling to memory someone accusing Micheal Jackson as being a "f-ing something or other" for posting his "take" on how his relationship with cast and crew went south. I saw no real challenge to that person's opinion. I guess I am special.

Am I to assume people with unpopular views aren't welcome here, regardless of lexicon and especially if they challenge a moderator's reaction to a post? I am beginning to think so.

I thought moderators moderated board policy and conduct of participants, setting the example for others to follow in their posts, not to propagate distention and mock the ideological expressions of others that do not violate "terms of use". Fuck, was I wrong about that too!

Last I checked my conduct nor content of my posts were and are not in violation of any charter posted on this forum, but thanks for informing me that I was in the wrong regardless.

Like you said, Shake, "I deserved it", I guess... paraphrased of course. And that makes everything A-OK? I say, "knock, knock."

You opinion is your own, I take it at face value.

I'm right there with you Cappy. Spark it up!

Cheers.

shake

« Reply #271 on: Jun 17, 2007, 11:42 PM »
I hate to burst your bubble but you were only one of several people to post that they did not like season 7.  It seems a lot of people will not bother posting unless they have something negative to say.  Again I hate to burst your bubble but your opinion was very mainstream, at least when it comes to the people that bother to post on TPB fan sites.  I hate repeating myself but here I go again.  What we can’t stand for though is ignorant, misinformed comments like

“This season could have EASILY gone 20ep's if only the writers had some drive and producers didn't "rocket piss" the budget away on bloated salaries.”

*shrugs* :? You can't please everyone.

Funny you should mention that.  That is what the TPB must be thinking reading all these comments.  “We need more Ray”, “There’s too much Ray” , “Bubbles is in the show too much”, “Bubbles didn’t have enough lines this ep”.  You can’t please everyone, it is their show they should just write it as they please.

And that “you can’t please everyone” applies to us mod staff here at the Org, so please keep that in mind.  Modding ain’t easy, you can’t please everyone.

You opinion is your own, I take it at face value.

I'm right there with you Cappy. Spark it up!

Cheers.

Why can’t we just leave it at that?

ner ner

« Reply #272 on: Jun 18, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Wow, still nothing here from any of the cast members, they must love reading our critiques and speculations. 

GKV

« Reply #273 on: Jun 18, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Either that or too busy getting drunk and high, playing space in the middle of the street.

Bubbles420

« Reply #274 on: Jun 18, 2007, 11:15 AM »
because they do that in real life.....