Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 75540 times)

Spidie2000

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #150 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:40 PM »
LOL, I saw the big dirty probalby 4 months ago and it was my first introduction to the TPB.  I had no idea what it was but my friend DL'd it and we thought it was so funny.  since then I discovered that it was a show and ive watched every episode.  Just had to say that I found season 7 to be kind of lame, especially without Cory and Trevor, but the last 15 minutes of this episode was one of the funniest TPB moments yet.  And I couldnt get over Randy's baby wearing khakis and no shirt lol!  God I hope this isnt the end because I feel like I just discovered my favorite show and it may be over.

bradx

« Reply #151 on: Jun 12, 2007, 01:14 AM »
i think the argo wasnt moving in the river because ricky was spinning the tires instead of engaging the propellor or whatever moves it through the water. 

g.roc66

« Reply #152 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:03 AM »
You know,

Now that I'm not drunk, there was a bunch of really funny stuff in that episode.  I still wish this wasn't just another happy ending.

I do love the Randy pants on Lucy and Ricky's baby bornt by Randy.  Pretty dern funny.
Gee To The Are Oh Sea Bitch

openliquor

« Reply #153 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Let's not forget, the return of the bottle kids! I was very happy to see that!

- Jim got to keep the fucked over cop car!
- Little Randy with the tan pants...hilarious.
- Ricky's Racon eating weed....
- Bobandy wants a 4 patty burger

And lots of hilarious banter durning the arrest scene...
- he's the fuckin' man they call....(drowns Conky)
- this getaway brought to you by the letter F...for FUCKED!

Ricky: How drunk are you?
Jim: 6 out of 10!
"excuse me gorilla, we da fuck out!"

Cygnus

« Reply #154 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:55 AM »
I'll say this.

The final episode seemed like old times at the very end. Everything went back to normal like how it started in Season 1. This part I liked about season 7.

Now heres my original thoughts on Season 7.

Another piece of shit just like Season 6. This show goes downhill more and more with every passing season. Ricky doesn't even try anymore. He's nowhere near as hardcore with the yelling and getting pissed off like he used to be, bubbles is just WAY over the top by now, and jacob and his boobs arent even funny in the least. The baaaaam thing is probably the lamest idea they've brought to the show. The only person who still has my respect as far as acting in the show goes, is Julian. I mean, he was always mellow to begin with, with the odd funny one liner that would make me laugh. Ricky though used to be sensational, you've got to admit. He was the most colorful part of the show with the mass swearing and going into his huge rage attacks. You were lucky if you saw Ricky go into one of his classic rages once this season. And he rarely ever got pissed off at lahey or other people that were bothering him. It's like he as an actor doesn't care anymore.

You can all whine and complain about what i've said because I know you're all "i'd take a bullet for the tpb anyday" over them, but I happen to be a die hard fan too who has never said anything bad about the show up until season 6. It's not like out of nowhere I just feel like flaming them because its not like old times like the other people whine about, im open to new themes and ideas, but fuck, make it interesting and realistic. A patrick swayze model train that carries dope into the US? I mean cmon think about that for a minute. We're talking about a show so amateur that it went from growing some weed in a little twinkie shaped trailer, to this shit.

Thousands of people agree that the show hasnt been anywhere near the same since season 5, so thousands of people can't be wrong. It's not like everyones saying it just because they all of a sudden feel like stirring shit up on the board, surely you "id take a bullet for tpb anyday" people realize that the show has taken a turn for the worst. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

All I know is, I'm not looking forward to Season 8 if there ever is one. I watched season 6 and practically bawled thats how disappointed i was, and then I found out about season 7 and how much it was gonna rock, so i got my hopes up for an entire year waiting for it, only to be let down again just like i was for season 7. I'm not letting Season 8 do that to me again.

Way she fucking goes.

Message to Clattenburg and the other writers:

Go back to how it was in the first 5 seasons, and get rid of your fucking fancy bullshit camera gear. Stop writing about unrealistic things, write about simple shit like you did in the first few seasons. Go back to the old shit. Unless you do this, more and more people are gonna dislike the show. Your ability to come out with new outrageous ideas are way over the top and highly unbelievable.

PS: As a long time fan and a master critique for what is good and life and what is bad, I have the authority to make calls like this, because I fucking know what im talking about.

norton65ca

« Reply #155 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Quote:
"PS: As a long time fan and a master critique for what is good and life and what is bad, I have the authority to make calls like this, because I fucking know what im talking about."

bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahhhhaahahhaha!!!!!!!!
just a hair on the self important side aren't we?
Produced any successful documentaries on television lately?
You may not care for the last season, but such hostile arrogant criticism is completely out of line:
Quote:
"write about simple shit like you did in the first few seasons. Go back to the old shit."
This little pearl of wisdom is precisely why you have not produced any successful TV documentaries lately. Staying with same old same old is a death sentence. I was beginning to think they had run out of ideas until this season. Very refreshing to see them out of the park and with bright new concepts and a hilarious plotline. I think the Swayze express idea was brilliant and the new character development inspirational. The seventh season is a classic. Nothing stays the same, change is a part of life.
This from a guy turning 44 today. What the hell am I doing here???
cheers, Gary
PS: Nothing personal Cygnus, but really, that last line put my morning tea through my nose. I had to reply.... couldn't resist.

Ms Vee

« Reply #156 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Happy Birthday, Gary!

norton65ca

« Reply #157 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:55 AM »
why thank you Ms Vee!
glad to be here!
cheers, Gary

pympym

« Reply #158 on: Jun 12, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Great season!
And as someone posted here regarding the ending of S7:
"Everything can only go downhill from here."

My guess is that's just *too* temping for the creators of season 8.

Crystal Ball

« Reply #159 on: Jun 12, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Not sure what to think of the Season finale... all i know is that we don't know much here... I thought the last five minutes were kinda weird...

Here's my latest blog post... feel free to comment on the series finale guys!
http://www.showcase.ca/BLOG/archive/2007/06/11/another-season-come-gone.aspx

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #160 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Great to see you here Crystal Ball.  8) :D
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Crystal Ball

« Reply #161 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Thanks dude... :)  I not only work on Showcase's website, but I'm also a big TPB fan!  Makes work a lot of fun!

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #162 on: Jun 12, 2007, 01:45 PM »
I'm not opposed to strongly worded posts, (especially when I happen to agree with some of what has been said LOL)      To quote from Cygnus:
He's (Ricky) nowhere near as hardcore with the yelling and getting pissed off like he used to be, bubbles is just WAY over the top by now.  I heard that brother.
It must be such a challenge. I read the article from the Chronicle Herald article, and Mike C. says he is glad about the new HD format. I however, don't care for it.  But as pointed out, I've not made any great documentaries lately..... 
I am very curious to see what the next step will be after what appears to be the series finale... 
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

kuza

• My guild site for World of warcraft.
« Reply #163 on: Jun 12, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Hey Cygnus, you know what I find funny? Your avatar of Ricky freaking out and ripping apart the kitchen is from sean 6. Doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical to you?  It does to me. The irony is great  :)
"That's what friends do, they give you fun and stress, otherwise everyone would be Mr fucking Rogers, giving reach arounds to neighbors all day with not a care in the world." -kuza
Yes, play WoW www.divinerightguild.com

tellkyle

« Reply #164 on: Jun 12, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I would love to hear the opinion of someone who has watched the episodes on a decent HDTV setup!
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #165 on: Jun 12, 2007, 02:13 PM »
I think what I dislike about the HD format is that the mockumentary feel is gone.

It was like watching a bunch of crazy guys running around with a stolen handy-cam! Like they were gonna end up on "Cops" or something.....
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

Bride Of Conky

• Quantum Deluxe: The Band, The Sauce
« Reply #166 on: Jun 12, 2007, 02:16 PM »
I would love to hear the opinion of someone who has watched the episodes on a decent HDTV setup!

I watched a webcast stream through a Samsung HD 40 inch.. does that count?

BoC  :roll:
"Did you just call me an idiot, Conky?"
"Maybe I did.. REVEEN.."

tellkyle

« Reply #167 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:06 PM »
but watching an HD show on a regular TV and not liking it isn't quite fair to the show.  i dont have HD either, I'm not trying to be all high and mighty, I'm just saying, the format is fucking gorgeous.
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur

RockJ

« Reply #168 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I am working through the stages of grieving and am on acceptance now that the series is over.  Just like I did with that F'ed up finale of the Sopranos.  At least the TPB managed to bring about closure.  If Mike C. wants to release a prequel or the pilot, I am all for it.  I believe that the one shot video will be included on this seasons DVD.  Mike C. has moved on to other projects as the TPB's has been milked dry!!!!!!!!!!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #169 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:24 PM »
How do you know that the series is over? What are your sources for that statement and also that you believe that One Last Shot will be on this season's DVD? How do you know that Mike C. has moved on?
 All I'm asking is that you prove, with links, that what you claim is fact.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

poopship

« Reply #170 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:31 PM »
The show is not ending.
Twice I placed the article here interviewing Mike C, and twice it was removed.... Don't know why.
Mike claims they are in production this summer, and most likely next summer as well...

Too cheesy a wrap up imo... They will go out with a BANG when it is time.

RockJ

« Reply #171 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:36 PM »
All I'm saying is that this last episode seemed final.  They tied up all of the loose ends and there is another thread that suggests that the ending date was already selected.  At this stage of the game, the TPB have nothing left to prove.  They are financially set and have no other goals to achieve.  My statement about "one last shot" was that this is not available to the general public and should be included in the final DVD.  Don't get me wrong, if there is another season, that would be good.  I am just saying that it appears that they spent the extra time to wrap everything up in this last episode just like they did at the conclusion of the Christmas special.  I find it hard to believe that they would tie up all of the loose ends if they did not plan on ending the series.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

knockknock24

« Reply #172 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:36 PM »
The show is not over, wikipedia is wrong, i remember this same panic in the season discussion after season 6 ended last year. He posted the article which basically says they are about to start filming season 8, and possibly 9. Somebody said that the production might mean a tpb special or another movie but i highly doubt that. Even though the show is going to continue to go downhill with every season that emerges im still gonna watch and find the best things i can about it. When season 6 was airing i hated it, but then i got it on dvd rewatched it and loved it, i'll probably do the same with season 7, although i agree with some posters before that the whole swayzie express thing was just ridiculous.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #173 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:38 PM »
The show is not ending.
Twice I placed the article here interviewing Mike C, and twice it was removed.... Don't know why.
Mike claims they are in production this summer, and most likely next summer as well...

Too cheesy a wrap up imo... They will go out with a BANG when it is time.

I deleted it due to the fact that there is already a thread about that...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7552.0

I also sent you a PM explaining that.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #174 on: Jun 12, 2007, 03:39 PM »
All I'm saying is that this last episode seemed final.  They tied up all of the loose ends and there is another thread that suggests that the ending date was already selected.  At this stage of the game, the TPB have nothing left to prove.  They are financially set and have no other goals to achieve.  My statement about "one last shot" was that this is not available to the general public and should be included in the final DVD.  Don't get me wrong, if there is another season, that would be good.  I am just saying that it appears that they spent the extra time to wrap everything up in this last episode just like they did at the conclusion of the Christmas special.  I find it hard to believe that they would tie up all of the loose ends if they did not plan on ending the series.

That wording is much better :D
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"