Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season~7 Episode~10  (Read 74825 times)

thinkdontpray

Re: Season~7 Episode~10
« Reply #125 on: Jun 11, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Sorry for the outburst Fishy. I apologize.

Luckily I found on the other board (ugh) the whole article.

So here it is, straight from the horses mouth. TPB will live on. Think about it, there would have been much more fanfare if this was the final season. READ QUESTION 3.

Expect lots more Sunnyvale antics

April 7th, 2007

With season seven set to air and Clattenburg says they will be back for production this summer.

Any speculation about the imminent seventh season of Trailer Park Boys being its last can be put to rest.

Creator and head writer and director Mike Clattenburg says there are plenty more shady schemes that the lads from Sunnyvale can get up to.

This and other topics, including the appearance of the late Mamas and Papas singer Denny Doherty among the guest stars in the new shows and were addressed by a travelling Clattenburg in an e-mail interview conducted with television reporter Tim Arsenault.

Q. What are you doing in the Yukon?

A. I am visiting an old friend I met deep in the woods here in Whitehorse near Lake Leberge many years ago.

An old grizzly bear.

I used to make homemade liquor here and sell it to the gold miners before I got into TV.

Anyway, I usually come visit that nice old bear every summer and but the other grizzlies in the area have no idea who I am and always want to fight me.

But the thing is with bears, they come at you all wild, swinging and biting and they leave themselves wide open. It so easy to knock them out.

You fake them with a left then a hard right cross; They fall for it every time.

But its a hassle, to say the least and so I decided to come just before they come out of hibernation.

Yesterday I went out to see the grizzly and found him fast asleep in the same old den.

Hes lost a bit of weight; Hes down to about 1,100 pounds now. I poked him with a stick; He woke up and immediately recognized me.

It sounds like I am making this up and but he did give me a long sincere bear hug.

I always bring him one of those jumbo-sized Kraft peanut butter deals you see at the Atlantic Superstore in the jumbo section.

Anyway, he ate half of it right away then took me down to the lake where he had stashed a huge pile of Arctic char.

He gave me two good-sized ones. They have been there for a while and so I just took a small bite and nodded like I really liked it.

I gave him a good scratching under the neck and then I walked back to the Gold Rush Inn.

I threw the char in the garbage out front. But while I was here I think I am going to go to the Dawson City film festival and check that out.

Q. Is it just me and or do the first couple of episodes of the new season have a little slicker feel to them?

A. Showcase went (high definition) this year and asked us to shoot HD so, yes and the shows do look much better.

I was mixed about that as the home video look works for our show and but at the same time (digital video) is very limiting so it was a good excuse to get rid of that format.

Ted McInnis was the (director of photography) on season seven and did a stellar job. The narratives are better.

I had more time to write the scripts this year, about three months for 10 episodes. Our crew was on fire last summer and so it all came together.

Q. How did working on the movie affect this block of episodes?

A. It did and it didnt affect things. We all had more experience going in so it was a little easier.

The movie taught me to trust my gut on what I think is funny and to trust my instincts.

Visually, intellectual I was a little bored with the documentary concept after eight years. When I first started doing it and it was fresh, now its hackneyed and can be limiting. I tried a hybrid of the doc and movie style for season seven and I think its the most viewer-friendly season we have ever done.

I get mixed feedback on the handheld camera as some love it, some find it hard to watch. I intellectual the same way, sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. But in the beginning it motivated the cheap format so it so hard to abandon. Cheap by design.

Q. What is the future of the franchise? Season eight? Another movie?

A.We are going into production this summer and most likely next summer. Lots more to come.

Q. Are you pursuing any non-TPB projects?

A. I intellectual writing a lot but not really pursuing anything. I had some feature film and TV offers come my way but I intellectual in no rush to do another show. I platform like to take my time with my new projects. I think I value the focus on feature film. TPB is a gas but I do look forward to telling new stories.

Q. DVDs, shirts, caps and now a book, are there any revenue streams left to tap?

A. Got to say that ancillary stuff is the least interesting to me. I have nothing to do with it. I like to focus ON the comedy and improve what we are doing. (I couldn juvenile care less about) T-shirts, key chains, hats, calendars and all that. It is nice to give away and though.

Q. You and Denny Doherty go back a ways. What was it like to have him participate in TPB?

A. I first met him doing Pit Pony in Cape Breton. He called me last year and said, I want to be on the show and tear a strip off Mr. Lahey. So I was like, hell yes.

Next thing I know I was on the Musquodoboit River and I see him get out of a minivan on the shore. He looked a little frail but was as cheerful as ever.

He was so easy to work with and funny. He was a damn good actor and had that killer Maritime sense of humour.

He was so kind to everyone, he sang, told stories and just hung out like a regular guy.

His passing was a shock to all of us.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2007, 03:20 PM by thinkdontpray »

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #126 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Well, that certainly puts a different spin on things.

In an earlier post, I commented how we've not heard ( to the best of my knowledge ) about any filming going on this summer.  Maybe they will be starting soon?
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

ILoveLucy

« Reply #127 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Ryan Shockneck - heh heh heh.

Mr. Lahey - "Fuck off over there.  This is my arrest."
Ryan Shockneck - "You fuck off. This is special agent Ryan Shockneck - FBI.  Fuck you."

The plea bargaining and SA Shockneck bitching about his budget woes was pretty funny too.

Like many others have said, when the closing credits rolled on this one I thought "this looks like a series finale" at first.  Then I watched it again and changed my thinking a little.  There has always been a sort of wrap-up at the end of each season and this one is no different.  With the exception of the season where the boys started out with money they made from selling hash to the jail guards, there really has not been much of a carryover of story ideas from one season to the next, so I don't think that the way that this season ended is much of an indicator of what is to come next year.

g.roc66

« Reply #128 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Well,

I haven't been around much lately, but I had to put my $.02 in after the finale.

I really enjoyed this season, but this lovey dovey bullshit end of the season crap needs to stop.  Two straight seasons without jail in the winter?  What the fuck is that?  This crap is getting soft.  Fuck!

Quit goin' soft boys!
Gee To The Are Oh Sea Bitch

shake

« Reply #129 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:11 PM »
I am suprised no one has posted this yet. This isnt the last season. I can guarentee that.

Taken from http://thechronicleherald.ca/Entertainment/613752.html

Expect lots more Sunnyvale antics

April 7th, 2007

With season seven set to air, Clattenburg says they’ll be back for production this summer

Any speculation about the imminent seventh season of Trailer Park Boys being its last can be put to rest.

Creator, head writer and director Mike Clattenburg says there are plenty more shady schemes that the lads from Sunnyvale can get up to.

That link was posted here at the Org in this thread

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7299.0

It said...

Q. What is the future of the franchise? Season eight? Another movie?

A.We are going into production this summer and most likely next summer. Lots more to come.

That was posted the weekend of the Premiere Party in Halifax

I posted this

After talking to a few people, from what I understand there is still no definite word on whether or not there will be a Season 8, although it is still possible.  If I understood everything correctly, keep in mind I was drinking, things are still up in the air.

It is likely we have not seen the end of TPB although there may not be a full season 8.  They may be taking a break?  A special instead of a season?  There will likely be a movie at some time?  A full season next year if not this year?  Hopefully we will find out more soon.

This "production" Clattenburg mentioned may only be a special.  There still may not be a season 8 but more TPB to come in the future.

g.roc66

« Reply #130 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Well,

Even though I still think the happy ending was fucked, I am sad season 7 is over.  There was a lot of cool stuff going on.  I do wish there were more episodes in a season.

Damn.  9 1/2 months.  That's long enough to knock up Lucy and have her and Ricky's baby! 

Well, the medication is obviously kicking in.  I'd better log out.
Gee To The Are Oh Sea Bitch

thinkdontpray

« Reply #131 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Well regardless, I think episode 10 was a complete cop out and if it in fact the series finale, then that really sucks. Started out strong but its ended pretty lame.

I just pray to god that they might finally release "One Last Shot" on DVD because my 2nd generation VHS copy is slowly but surely dying.

VANDRO

« Reply #132 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:44 PM »
I said it before.......... I didnt care for the last episode. BUT. Thank god it wasnt as bad as "The Sopranos" last night. That episode made me wanna pull my fingernails out one by one.

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #133 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:53 PM »
How long is Cyrus and the flappy bird brothers in prison for?
Because it will be the biggest gunfight in Sunnyvale if Cyrus, The Flappy Bird Brothers, Ted and George all get busted out!

:guns: :guns: :guns:
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

Pifuckio

« Reply #134 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster.

I thought this was the best season ever, and if it's over I'm sad to see it go. The whole Swayze express plot with Sebastian Bach is by far the funniest thing to appear on the show. Now I just want to know, where can I get my Dirty Burger t-shirt?

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #135 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Ebay 

This is good tape

RockJ

« Reply #136 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:19 PM »
The Sopranos finale sucked.  The TPB finale was slightly better.  I guess the door is open to another season considering how season 6 ended with a truce and Randy and Lahey on the weed.  FWIW, they can end the series today and all of the loose ends are tied up, unlike the Sopranos!!!!!!!!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

vaughnarchy

« Reply #137 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:47 PM »
I think they will be back...they just want some suspense!  Bring on Season 8!!  You know everything will get fucked up again!  It is inevitable!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #138 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Well regardless, I think episode 10 was a complete cop out and if it in fact the series finale, then that really sucks. Started out strong but its ended pretty lame.

I just pray to god that they might finally release "One Last Shot" on DVD because my 2nd generation VHS copy is slowly but surely dying.

Sorry to tell you but you don't have One Last Shot on DVD.  It's never aired and no one has ever seen it.  You probably have the black and white original Trailer Park Boys movie. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #139 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:31 PM »
They have the Original Black and white movie on VHS?
Where can I get it?

This is good tape

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #140 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:34 PM »
People taped it when it was on Showcase. I don't believe there is a commecially available VHS or DVD.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #141 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Darn alright.. I figured so
Hey did Mike C film any other shorts besides The Cart Boy, The Blk and white Tpb, and One last shot?
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2007, 07:50 PM by Cheeseburger Walrus »

This is good tape

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #142 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Yeah, he's filmed a few.
I think there was one called "Halifax" or something. It was a documentary and he basically interviewed a shitload of people. It was shown at an Atlantic Film festival years ago I believe.
He also worked on Pit Pony and various music videos.
I'm sure he has tons of shorts. I don't believe any are available to the public however.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #143 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Thanks
And about the pit Pony thing, what is it about?

This is good tape

dope-growing-kraut

« Reply #144 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:57 PM »
season 7 was great.
i cant belive that its over..
    :shock: NO! NO!NO! :shock:     plese tell me that there will be a season 8,  a second movie or a special .     
  who got some informations?   please help
trinkt mehr krombacher-pils

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #145 on: Jun 11, 2007, 09:01 PM »
season 7 was great.
i cant belive that its over..
    :shock: NO! NO!NO! :shock:     plese tell me that there will be a season 8,  a second movie or a special .     
  who got some informations?   please help

I have some information for you...

:flipoff:

I couldn't find the "Ricky winding up the middle finger" smiley  :lol:
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #146 on: Jun 11, 2007, 09:07 PM »
As Jacob would say
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

This is good tape

dope-growing-kraut

« Reply #147 on: Jun 11, 2007, 09:08 PM »
good informations :?
trinkt mehr krombacher-pils

morgsie

« Reply #148 on: Jun 11, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Anyone know the song that is playing while interviewing Ricky and his dad in jail? It starts playing when the "Bangor, Maine USA" comes up. I can't make out the lyrics and it doesn't appear to be listed in the end credits.

Thanks,
morgsie

tellkyle

« Reply #149 on: Jun 11, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'   

wrong finale...  :?
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur