Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season - 7 Episode - 9  (Read 45777 times)

shake

Re: Season - 7 Episode - 9
« Reply #25 on: Jun 03, 2007, 10:16 PM »
Not sure whether it was as good as the first time around, Bubbles lips weren't even moving at some points (and he was swigging a bottle of beer...) Conky isn't real!

Yeah I think Mike Smith must have been practicing ventriloquism since season 4 :)

Ricky:  “Fuck Conky’s being cool, he bought us all that food” and Julian having to tell him it was Bubbles that bought the food.

The other Forest Ranger’s name was Amanda, wtf is that ha ha.

Julian trying to talk code, “The turkey is in the oven”.  Right over Bach’s head, eventually Ricky has to step in and dumb it down, stoner to stoner :)

Seriously though I am confused, when Julian spoke to Conky (Bubbles) and told him his friends were there for him I thought that would have the perfect time for Bubbles to snap out of it, which I thought he did when he said in his own voice that he was surprised because he thought he was alone. 

Instead Conky(Bubbles) turns in his friends.  Very interesting.  This is some deep shit.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: Jun 03, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Not bad episode. Some really funny parts. Conky was pretty funny as well... Bubs is totally fucked though. Kinda was stupid how Conky was talking while Bubbles was talking with Ricky and swigging back beer at the same time... it was obviously made to look like Conky is actually a real thing and that's duuuuuuumb.

The Beginning scene was hilarious and so was the scene with the Forest Rangers.

I'll have to rewatch it really soon.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

shake

« Reply #27 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Kinda was stupid how Conky was talking while Bubbles was talking with Ricky and swigging back beer at the same time... it was obviously made to look like Conky is actually a real thing and that's duuuuuuumb.

As Dirty Burger mentioned “The classic ventriloquist trick”

If you are going to have a puppet on your show you have to pull out all the stops.  In for a pound in for a penny.  Whatever that means.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Not bad episode. Some really funny parts. Conky was pretty funny as well... Bubs is totally fucked though. Kinda was stupid how Conky was talking while Bubbles was talking with Ricky and swigging back beer at the same time... it was obviously made to look like Conky is actually a real thing and that's duuuuuuumb.

Could have been a vantriloquist trick I guess. I thought the same thing at first. I was like "What the hell?"
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:02 PM »

Could have been a vantriloquist trick I guess. I thought the same thing at first. I was like "What the hell?"

I guess so, but if you listen carefully you can hear Bubs' voice in the background at the same time as well.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

brian1175

« Reply #30 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:02 PM »

BoTTleKid

« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:08 PM »

I guess so, but if you listen carefully you can hear Bubs' voice in the background at the same time as well.

Seriously? Wow... that's pretty disturbing in a "why???" kind of way.
-

shake

« Reply #32 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:19 PM »
I hate to interupt BK and Refuck's conversation but perhaps they aren't reading the other posts in the thread. 

Again

Kinda was stupid how Conky was talking while Bubbles was talking with Ricky and swigging back beer at the same time... it was obviously made to look like Conky is actually a real thing and that's duuuuuuumb.

If you are going to have a puppet on your show you have to pull out all the stops.  In for a pound in for a penny.  Whatever that means.

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #33 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Fabulous episode!!!

BoTTleKid

« Reply #34 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:24 PM »
I hate to interupt BK and Refuck's conversation but perhaps they aren't reading the other posts in the thread. 

Again

I meant to quote refuck's comment on being able to hear bubbles talking while conky was - a feat impossible for even the most accomplished ventriloquist.
-

shake

« Reply #35 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:39 PM »
I meant to quote refuck's comment on being able to hear bubbles talking while conky was - a feat impossible for even the most accomplished ventriloquist.

I went back and watched that scene again.  You don't hear Bubbles talk while Conky is talking, but you do hear Bubble's voice revert to Bubble's voice when Conky is talking to Julian, a powerful moment that lead me to believe Bubbles would snap out of it.  But he didn't.

Edit:  For anyone reading this the first time I'll copy and paste my post on the next page.

"This had me curious so I went back and watched the scene again and Refuck was right I do think you can hear Bubbles talk while Conky was talking to Julian."

BoTTleKid

« Reply #36 on: Jun 03, 2007, 11:42 PM »

I went back and watched that scene again.  You don't hear Bubbles talk while Conky is talking, but you do hear Bubble's voice revert to Bubble's voice when Conky is talking to Julian, a powerful moment that lead me to believe Bubbles would snap out of it.  But he didn't.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't hear it either, I just thought I'd missed something.
-

Slip

« Reply #37 on: Jun 04, 2007, 12:21 AM »
holy fuck boys!! That ending left me suprised and I can only wonder what the fuck is gonna happen next. And Conky, haha he looked wicked as fuck all mangled and sewn back together and shit! :lol: I wouldnt be suprised if he murdered everyone in the next episode ;)

Seriously though, I cant wait to see the what happens next.. the shit storms are upon us

Indianapolis Jones

• Back And To The Left Official Myspace Page
« Reply #38 on: Jun 04, 2007, 01:39 AM »
Man...how sad is it TPB is only 10 episodes. I can't believe it's over after this. I can only imagine a 6 episode season.

Although, I have to admit, this is the first season I have watched from start to finish as it aired and I loved it.

I was happy to see Conky back and love how he is outsmarting the boys.

Next week is going to have a great plot twist for the fact there are so many angles this can go down.

Will Jacob take the fall to redeem himself?

Will Randy and Lahey somehow get mixed up in this and go down?

Will Bubbles snap out of it at the last second and take the fall?

What about the two idiots that follow Jacob around?

Perhaps Ricky, Julian and Bach will all go down together. Ricky and Sebastian in jail could be some funny moments waiting to happen.

Will Phil and Jacob's brother play a role in the ending?

Hell, perhaps they will all go to jail lol.

And what if...Trevor and Corey come back out of the blue only to get arrested lol. This whole thing with them quiting could be a ruse. Probably not, but what a swerve.

Can't wait.

Delta Shit Hawk

« Reply #39 on: Jun 04, 2007, 01:52 AM »
As mentioned above, the first segment of this episode was hilarious!

Bubs is no expert ventriloquist. They should have "kept it real" by showing Bubs' lips moving as Conky spoke. Although Conky was on his best behaviour so that he could make the shit disturbing phone call at the end it would have been more entertaining to have him take some subtle digs at Ricky...just to see Ricky get pissed!

Overall, I'll fondly remember the net scene but the rest was rather dull. I look forward to some more humour in the final episode.

Fuck, I miss Corey and Trevor. :(
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2007, 01:54 AM by Delta Shit Hawk »

the Cheesburger Walrus

« Reply #40 on: Jun 04, 2007, 01:53 AM »
agree with that one, MrLahey.  Bubbles' character has been thrust to the forefront of the TPB, and I don't think it should have been.  The show is about the dope, and Ricky is about the dope.  Julian is about making $$$, and Bubbles is about his kitties (or at least was in S1-5).

I don't think you really know what you're talking about.  The show is Mike Clattenburg's.  He and Wells do most of the writing.  It's entirely up to them where to take it.  These are their creations and characters and it's not a team of monkeys writing episodes every week like most of the American sitcoms.  If this season was just like 1-5 then frankly the show would suck ass.  The show has always been about friends and family deep down, not about drugs or money or kitties.  That's why Julian could never leave the park.  That's why he bought everyone's trailers.  That's why Bubbles opened his present cuz he had found his family.  That's why Ricky is always trying to win back Lucy and would rather go to jail and be flat broke then let down his daughter.  Maybe it's cuz your british and it gets lost in translation, i dunno...

you know, most all of the critics dogged this show until season 3 and 4.  now it's actually getting high praise reviews from the same critics who dogged it.  if anything the writing in this show is much more fleshed out then it's ever been.  i can't wait for season 8 already.

David Heisel

« Reply #41 on: Jun 04, 2007, 01:58 AM »
"You might be sexy Julian, but you can't teach me anything about liqour!"
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

chris3121

« Reply #42 on: Jun 04, 2007, 02:20 AM »
I am really not a big Conky fan, but I really like how the story for this season is going. Sure they could have expanded on many more things in the season. Overall for the story, this is one of the best seasons, but not as funny as the others i find. This season will probably seem funnier when I watch all the episodes again tho.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #43 on: Jun 04, 2007, 02:33 AM »

...The show is Mike Clattenburg's.  He and Wells do most of the writing.  It's entirely up to them where to take it.  These are their creations and characters and it's not a team of monkeys writing episodes every week like most of the American sitcoms.  If this season was just like 1-5 then frankly the show would suck ass.  The show has always been about friends and family deep down, not about drugs or money or kitties...

w0rd mahfacka.

Love the new shit.

Excellent work in the art department I must say as well, I love the mini graffiti on the dope boxcars! Also, to comment about the conky/julian conversation scene: that was great, i love how they showed how separate Bubbles and Conky are that Bubs could talk about hockey with Rick at the same time as having a deep talk with Julian via Conky.. crazy shit.. Bubbles was even unconcious while Conky dialed the operator.. If it was really Bubbles doing that shit then Conky would have woken him up and made him dial.

Excellent work on Season 7 you guys!

Can't wait to see the finale! :)

Peace!
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

MrLahey

« Reply #44 on: Jun 04, 2007, 02:44 AM »

...The show is Mike Clattenburg's.  He and Wells do most of the writing.  It's entirely up to them where to take it.  These are their creations and characters and it's not a team of monkeys writing episodes every week like most of the American sitcoms.  If this season was just like 1-5 then frankly the show would suck ass.  The show has always been about friends and family deep down, not about drugs or money or kitties...

w0rd mahfacka.

Love the new shit.

Excellent work in the art department I must say as well, I love the mini graffiti on the dope boxcars! Also, to comment about the conky/julian conversation scene: that was great, i love how they showed how separate Bubbles and Conky are that Bubs could talk about hockey with Rick at the same time as having a deep talk with Julian via Conky.. crazy shit.. Bubbles was even unconcious while Conky dialed the operator.. If it was really Bubbles doing that shit then Conky would have woken him up and made him dial.

Excellent work on Season 7 you guys!

Can't wait to see the finale! :)

Peace!

As Sam would say..smoke much dope, you  must be fucked! Conky is a fuckin sock with a plastic head. Unconsious as he calls the operator? ... smoke another one....  :6paper:

kittenlover

« Reply #45 on: Jun 04, 2007, 03:03 AM »
I was watching this with a friend. He took one look at the "new" Conky and commented how he looked like a mock Terminator 2 Conky. Too bad Conky isn't made of liquid metal and could repair himself.

The scene with Conky and Julian talking in private was also important as it was Julian who shot Conky in the first place. There probably needed to be some kind of truce although it looks as though Conky isn't playing fair. (as an aside, I haven't seen a cell phone the boys used in the woods that huge in about 15 or 20 years)

I also wonder how hard/easy it must be for Conky not to mention Patrick Swayze to Julian although it may be fear because that's what he was talking about when Julian had had enough.  Does Conky and the Swayze Express coming together have significance? Possibly? Any comments on this?

Jarska

« Reply #46 on: Jun 04, 2007, 03:56 AM »
Good episode, just waiting for the huge shit-storm in the next episode..  :)

"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Brophy

« Reply #47 on: Jun 04, 2007, 05:02 AM »
Ricky:  “Fuck Conky’s being cool, he bought us all that food” and Julian having to tell him it was Bubbles that bought the food. I agree Shake :)

That was hilarious.  I laughed and laughed at that.  Interesting to see how things will unfold now that Conky is calling the authorities.

Side Note: The scene were the boys meet Bach "close to the US border" was filmed across the street from my in-laws house.  You can actually see it in some parts.  It was at this basically abandoned gas station thats now used as a garage.  Really neato.

I enjoyed the ep.  Next week should be great.
Nom Nom Nom

Shit machine gun

« Reply #48 on: Jun 04, 2007, 05:48 AM »
I don't think you really know what you're talking about.  The show is Mike Clattenburg's.  He and Wells do most of the writing.  It's entirely up to them where to take it.  These are their creations and characters and it's not a team of monkeys writing episodes every week like most of the American sitcoms.  If this season was just like 1-5 then frankly the show would suck ass.  The show has always been about friends and family deep down, not about drugs or money or kitties.  That's why Julian could never leave the park.  That's why he bought everyone's trailers.  That's why Bubbles opened his present cuz he had found his family.  That's why Ricky is always trying to win back Lucy and would rather go to jail and be flat broke then let down his daughter.  Maybe it's cuz your british and it gets lost in translation, i dunno...

you know, most all of the critics dogged this show until season 3 and 4.  now it's actually getting high praise reviews from the same critics who dogged it.  if anything the writing in this show is much more fleshed out then it's ever been.  i can't wait for season 8 already.

I'd like to respond to this piece by piece, so a newb like yourself can understand where I'm coming from, OK.

1.  Read my post, instead of just quoting me and spewing off something completely irrelevant.  I said the Bubbles character has been pushed to the front.  I never mentioned the writers.  Who was in the middle of the Movie poster?  Bubbles. 

2.  I know the show is about friends, I'm not an ignoramus.  But since when should Bubbles be the one running point on the drug deals. 

3.  British?  I was born and raised in the Maritimes.   I lived there for 25 years of my life and I believe I get the humor more than you ever will, but that's not even what my post was about.

4.  Most critics didn't even know the show existed for the first few seasons.  Show me an example of a critic's bad review from s3 or 4 please.  I'd like to see it.  I'm sure they were plastered all over your local papers.

5. I for one have been one of the biggest fans of S7.  But since you obviously don't read many of the other posts on the board, I'm sure you didn't know that. 

Thanks for the post. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #49 on: Jun 04, 2007, 06:31 AM »
not as good as last weeks but deffently a decent ep too!

fav mom without a doubt the hilariously akward & creepy return of conky!

always cracks me up that ricky takes the puppet serious too , and the add libbing used for conky this time was campy but funny imo, especially the line of conky telling bubbles to go to bed seemed so quickly trown in,deffently got a laugh out o me
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2007, 06:34 AM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"