Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 7  (Read 40227 times)

the Cheesburger Walrus

RE: Season 7 - Episode 7
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2007, 12:38 AM »

what can I say, it's tough being a minority on this board...

and wow, the word "classic" gets tossed around on this board too much.

"What The Fuck Happened To Our Trailer Park?" is classic...

Randy saying "MOOSE COCK!" is not.

you could say that it's tough going to any fansite and bashing the content.

the definition of classic varies from person to person you know... 

why not give your opinion of the show, and not the users on this board.  or are you that much of a prick job?

boyner

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2007, 01:04 AM »
Excellent episode

+ Sarah (+ new tatts)
+ Randy's Trailerpark BMX A. rmour
+ Ricky using half a hockey stick as a fender-offer and walking stick
+ Sam Losco was funny as FUCK

I love this show. Mikey boy, you keep making the show you want to make, and I'll keep watching it my man.

When this finishes we'll have a looooong wait for Weeds season 3. (Holy fuck that was a good cliffhanger.)

Snoopythefuckdog

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Best episode of season 7 by far.  Good to see them back in the park.  Baaam and Green Eggs and Haaaaaam was friggin awesome.

Last few episodes make me wonder if they forgot about Ray, or what the hell is goin on there?  Maybe there are savin it for one of the last few eps of the season. 

Season 7 sure seems to jump around more than the previous seasons.  Nothing really seems in sequence other than the Jacob thing, with him getting lost and then getting sick..  I'm not bitching bout it being a shitty season, Just a few things to think about.

I'm happy as hell that Clattenburg decided to continue the series and I hope that all the haters in here dont ruin a Season 8 for all us hardcore fans

Chicken and Banging

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2007, 02:18 AM »
I liked the episode but it didn't really move the story along.  Good filler is fine though.  Just about every show has filler episodes.  Lots of great lines in this one.

Camaro.  CA MA ROOOOOOO!
It Must Be Jelly 'Cause Jam Don't Shake That Way

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2007, 05:11 AM »
while the show has gone through some obvious style changes, especially that from a technical aspect, it has remained funny.

think of it this way: a great fucking band will put out a lot of songs, and albums, but not every one will be great ('transitional periods'). however, in between the so-so and the fantastic, will lay classic shit along the way ('the caveman always gets the girl'-sam losco).

one scene in particular was fantastic: this being the shot of lahey beginning to drink again. john dunsworth is a great actor. his facial expressions while beginning to meet his demons again bring a tear to the eye. barb has left him again, he is giving into his addiction, and beginning his relationship with randy again. nice shot, clattenburg. :6paper:

WORD mahfacka.
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2007, 05:15 AM »
Clattenburg and Crew: Nice fucking shots!

Can't wait to see the rest of Season 7 and 8 and whatever else crazy-assshit you guys decide to fuck with. =)

Peace.

-ML
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

KarateCollie

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2007, 06:01 AM »
I love Phil Collins, and I think it's cause I met Richard Collins at the premiere and he was such a sweetheart! I was happy to see Sarah and Lucy, I imagine Lucy's gonna pop soon. I wasn't liking all of Ray's appearances in the show, I'd rather him as an occasional actor. Funny though, he's in jail in the states and Ricky's kinda forgot about him! :-s Hate the Tom Collin's character, I'm thinking he should get hooked up with Randy, or Mr. Lahey! Ha, that'd be funny. Somehow Julian is gonna end up with that car though, I just know it.
KarateCollie

JimmyTouch

• SLVRhack
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2007, 06:29 AM »
I'm afraid I must agree with Spawn on this.  While I did enjoy season 6, it wasn't TPB at its best, and 7 has been a big disappointment so far.  I haven't enjoyed an episode since the premiere.  While it looks like most of you would disagree, this is my criticism of the show. 

The cheeseburger thing used to be amusing, but they're overkilling it now.  It's funny for Phil and Randy to really like cheeseburgers, but it's like it's turned into a religion of sorts.  I'm hoping that the next episode will lay off the cheeseburger worship.

The other aspect of the show that seems to be getting this treatment is the use of Rickyisms.  I love them, I really do.  They're a great part of the show, but don't saturate the script with them!  Half the fun of a Rickyism is the placement.  Ricky will be talking normally (well, normally for Ricky) for most of the episode, then he'll mangle a word or term every once in a while.  Now it's like he can barely speak properly at all.  He always had trouble, but DAMN!  It's only funny in moderation.  On that point, I will give some credit to this episode for not overusing them, though we didn't see much of the boys anyway.

I guess my beef with the new direction of the show is that it seems imbalanced.  It's like they looked at what worked before, and blew those things up to be the main focus.  It's all well and good to have those things as a part of the show, but the content alone isn't everything, it's the way you dole it out.

nobody is forcing you to watch it. 

i thought it was fantastic.  reminded me of season 3 episodes.  tpb has never been about moderation.  this season truly is one of the best so far.  we've found out more about the characters we love then any other, imho.

shitty bill=win

jacob has gotten soooo much better now.  seems like he's a LOT more confident and comfortable with his role.  "We can do this boys."  the first time i saw him in this season i cringed at his acting, and now he makes me giggle.  i'm even starting to really get tom collins. 

it's funny, if this season was just like the others, revolving around cyrus getting out of jail and getting in gun fights with the boys over dope, people would come in here and complain it was losing it's edge.  mike c. totally took the show in some new directions this season, and it will really show the the fans from the posers.

Couldn't agree more walrus. Tom Collins was a bit hard to swallow at first but im comfortable with his position so far. Jacob has really started to shine more, and yes his concept/character was a bit shaky at first. We can criticize the way season 7 is written all day long or.. we can just watch the show and take it for what it is. The boys haven't failed us this far guys so lets not go thrashing them just yet. s07ep7 was somewhat of a "filler" episode, we have seen them in the past. Some of those off-plot episodes have turned out to be favorites. As far as the show losing it's edge...let's be real, TPB will never lose it's edge!

also: I do feel as if Ricky was somewhat punked by Tom Collins this episode...im not worried though Ricky will get his.

"Actually, Ricky...those shifty little bastards they all look the same..nobody will know" ...

"Halloween 1977"

Cygnus

Re: Dirty Burger T-Shirts
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Season 7 is on a huge decline just like season 6. Seasons 1-5 were fucking gold, ive been watching the show since the pilot, I can watch those over and over. But now its the same old predictable shit.

Gee, who would of thought they have to get Sarah's fucking nosey ass trying to protect jacob, can anyone else smell a failed replacement for Corey and trev, and ricky gets pushed around by one of the smallest pricks in the park.

Aaaand oh my god, I fail to see the funny in where randy "hurts" himself and comes up with those "witty" and "classic" calls. wow he can add cock to the start and end of a sentence, dosnt make it funny.

I cant see season 8 making an impact, if it even gets that far.

As much as I hate to semi agree with this guy, he does have a point. Nothing will beat Seasons 1-5. Season 6 and Season 7 and nothing compared to the first 5. I still watch because im a fan of the characters and the show. But face facts guys, these 2 seasons are garbage compared to the first 5. Although we still watch because of our dedication. At least have the balls to admit to it not being as good though.

The only time season 7 felt like the warm old days of tpb was when they were in the woods listening to mitchell and eating and getting drunk. That's how TPB needs to remain. Simple easy funny stuff like that. When they go on all these huge cherades like the dirty burger and sending dope across a model train and shit....that's just so beyond greasy it aint even greasy anymore. It's lame.

aaronbailey

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2007, 10:03 AM »
A little criticism never hurt anybody.  I don't think anyone has bashed the show yet, including myself.  Such a comment would likely be irate and unsupported, like "OMG, trailer park boys is such a piece of shit now.  Way to go, writers.  You let me down!"  So far the criticisms have been calm and reasonable. 

I have no doubt that it is extremely difficult to keep a show like this at a consistent top-notch level, and I have the sincerest respect for the good people involved with the show.  Since such people sometimes visit these boards, I'm sure they would appreciate a diverse range of opinions regarding the content and direction.  I especially like how some of you stated pros and cons like a list. 

That being said, I'd like to add another pro of my own, so I don't come off as totally negative :P.  I think the Tom Collins character has some real potential.  There's something crooked about most of the residents of Sunnyvale, and it is entertaining to see the contrast between them and a straight-shooter like Tom.  It will be interesting to see if they manage to corrupt him, or simply keep driving him nuts.

prdstrctn

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2007, 12:23 PM »
anyone else notice phil burp right as randy biffs the cheeseburger jump?

also, regarding tom collins... so far, he's really just been annoying to me, mostly because he's seemingly gotten the best of ricky and julian on different occasions, and neither really responded. i'm fine with this, cause like someone said, i'm confident he'll get his before the season's through.

furthermore, i agree with the point that aaronbailey made, that the tom collins character could actually get a lot better if he somehow started to slip into their way of greasy living. like, if the boys corrupted him, or someone gets him high for the first time and he has a transformation (like innocent t/j-roc in the christmas special). his intense personality would be much funnier if it was applied to greasy endeavors in which he was on the boys' side.

lastly, i love phil. i think he's hilarious, and his physical comedy is great. like when he fights with anyone, or when he throws that deck chair/table in 705, it's like his arms are the only parts of his body that move.

StinkyMeat

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I know I'm new here, but I just finished working on this because I wanted one really bad.  Wanted to share it with other fans.  BAAAAAAAAM.

http://www.cafepress.com/stinkymeattees

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 04:57 PM »
You made those?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

RockJ

Re: Season 7 - Episode 7
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2007, 05:27 PM »
WTF, why was this thread moved from the season 7 episodes, to TPB Chat. 

Great episode.  Definetly beginning a build up to the end of the season.  My TPB collection is complete with the exception of season 6 and the movie.  I would buy the current season over the rushed season six and the stereotypical movie.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
Re: RE: Season 7 - Episode 7
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2007, 05:42 PM »
If every season was the same ......people would bitch
If it evolves and characters change......people would bitch
If they cancelled the show , because they ran outta ideas the the "hardcore fans" were satisfied with......people would bitch

Exactly. Just shut up people and enjoy.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

prdstrctn

« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2007, 05:45 PM »
umm... looks like aaronbailey's post, and subsequently mine (which referenced his) were deleted from this thread.

what happened? moderators?

aaronbailey

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Guess what, boys?  You fucked up again!  Just kidding.  Thanks for fixing it :).

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Sometimes when we are moving stuff around, a post or two gets mixed up. It's fixed now...sorry for the glitch guys.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Hofy

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2007, 06:12 PM »
I finally got to watch my torrent d/l.  This episode is really starting to pick up steam for the season.  It just keeps getting better and better. 

For those who hate the Tom Collins character, and yes he does suck, look at it this way.
He still has more talent and is more enjoyable to watch than that craptacular shitcapade Friends ever thought of being. 

TyLeR420

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2007, 06:30 PM »
LOVED this episode.. randys protective gear.. wow... lol :6paper:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19 PM »
I know I'm new here, but I just finished working on this because I wanted one really bad.  Wanted to share it with other fans.  BAAAAAAAAM.

http://www.cafepress.com/stinkymeattees

Do you have your own company or something?  That's pretty cool but not sure how legal it is.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Just got finished watching it for the second time. Enjoyed it much more this time. CaaaaaaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeOhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Sam Losco.  Lahey back on the sauce.  Joy!!

RockJ

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Wished Lahey would have layed off of the imaginary sauce because on it or off it he is the voice of reason of TBP (with the excception of propane propane or any episode that appeared before it)
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2007, 09:51 PM »
I have to rewatch this a few more times.
I'm still not a Tom Collins fan... but he wasn't as bad as the first episode he was in. There has been some awesome jokes made off him too which is good. I loved Bubbles "Son Of The Mustard Tiger" thing :lol:
The "BAAAAM" thing is kinda fucked. But so is the Collins family... so it works!
Pretty good episode. Still not my favorite of the season but better than the last few.
I am very curious about this whole Conky deal.....
Follow me: @MattRichBedard