Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 7  (Read 40220 times)

JimmyTouch

• SLVRhack
RE: Season 7 - Episode 7
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Great episode .... another couple classic lines:

"the caveman always gets the girl Ricky"

"from the captain's cupboard"

...the way Ricky put "from the captain's cupboard" out there was PURE genius. they never fail to give us perfectly good quotes for us to use in our own daily lives :P lolol

great episode! i feel as if it were a "filler" ep but "filler" eps are what makes TPB great for'yuhboy!

WE NEED MORE jROC!!! Does anyone agree?
"Actually, Ricky...those shifty little bastards they all look the same..nobody will know" ...

"Halloween 1977"

Shitty Liam

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Awesome episode. Lahey back on the liqour.
"Life's not fair, Sam. This is real time, not cave time"

aaronbailey

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I'm afraid I must agree with Spawn on this.  While I did enjoy season 6, it wasn't TPB at its best, and 7 has been a big disappointment so far.  I haven't enjoyed an episode since the premiere.  While it looks like most of you would disagree, this is my criticism of the show. 

The cheeseburger thing used to be amusing, but they're overkilling it now.  It's funny for Phil and Randy to really like cheeseburgers, but it's like it's turned into a religion of sorts.  I'm hoping that the next episode will lay off the cheeseburger worship.

The other aspect of the show that seems to be getting this treatment is the use of Rickyisms.  I love them, I really do.  They're a great part of the show, but don't saturate the script with them!  Half the fun of a Rickyism is the placement.  Ricky will be talking normally (well, normally for Ricky) for most of the episode, then he'll mangle a word or term every once in a while.  Now it's like he can barely speak properly at all.  He always had trouble, but DAMN!  It's only funny in moderation.  On that point, I will give some credit to this episode for not overusing them, though we didn't see much of the boys anyway.

I guess my beef with the new direction of the show is that it seems imbalanced.  It's like they looked at what worked before, and blew those things up to be the main focus.  It's all well and good to have those things as a part of the show, but the content alone isn't everything, it's the way you dole it out.

2wenty6ix

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Great episode, hell of a lot better than the last couple.

Does anyone else think it's about time that Randy or Julian threw a punch at Tom Collins? I do in a way, but at the same time it would most certainly have to be done in a manner that didn't degrade the show. I know that if I were Ricky and some stupid little fuck grabbed hold of me I'd waste no time pounding his face in. And I am not a violent person.  :lol:

+ "Green eggs and haaaaaaaaaaam!!"
+ That guy's INTENSE!!!!
+ Jimmy back on the liquor
+ Dirty Burger shirts -- I WANT ONE!

- Tom Collins
- No J-Roc or T or Ray

All in all, a pretty good episode. Can't wait to see what happens next...

RaveenisGod

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2007, 04:02 PM »
I really enojyed this episode, along with the whole season. I have enojyed it more then season six, from what i can remember. This episode was definitly funny as hell.  I really enojyed Tom Collins this episode, and i nearly pissed my self when he said " Drugs are Wrong" and " High on Marijuana".  Just the way he acts the chracter makes me laugh.  And fuck is he intense.

I was surprised ircky didnt stand up a little more to him though.  I always like seeing sam losco, and the caveman refrences.  He evem was wearing a anim,al tooth around his neck haha.  I like the whole dirty burger thing, and it realy isnt that far fetched considering all the greasy Bar Fry Carts that set up outside in front of bars are pretty much the same thing.

I liked randy exploring his cock repitoire, my favorite being "Alfred  hitchCOCK!" ahhah, and god ol physical comedy never hurts.  I liked bubles line " Nice jump randy" after he wimps out.
"Cos if the right hook comes out crazy muthafuckers like you get knocked out. Don't be lookin me in the eyes boy...I ain't got no candy for you....nooooo candy except for the right hook. You want some candy"?  Bernie Sanford

Smokey McDoob

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2007, 04:38 PM »
It's unreal how much has changed, plot-wise, in this season.  My ratings on the changes would be:

+ Jacob is a much bigger player this season.  He's a good guy, and it's funny how he tries to imitate Jules.
+ Lucy is preggers, with Randy's kid!
+ Sebastian Bach.  Hope he appears again, he was great.
+ Bubbles is hitting the liquor a little harder. 
+ They did a good job of transforming Lahey from drunken "keystone cop" trailer park supervisor into sober "Shit Brother".  Don't get me wrong, the old Lahey was great, but the new Lahey is good too.

0 The Dirty Burger.  Don't hate it, don't love it, it's just there.
0 The Choo Choo Pot Train Caper.  We'll have to see how that works out.
0 Phil Collins is a bigger player.  See Dirty Burger comments.
0 Oh ohhhh...Lahey is back on the bottle again.  I was just getting used to him as Shit Brother too.  We'll have to see how that works out.

- Cory and Trevor are gone.  Nobody's fault, but how can u not miss those guys.
- Need more Sarah.  Need more J-Roc n' T
- I thought the 3some with Barb, Lahey and Randy was kinda cool.  They broke it up pretty quick, and now Barb's with Sam Losco?  That won't last.  She'll be sober one time, hear him singing in the shower, then bolt.
- The Meatstore Dicks.
- Lucy is happy about carrying Randy's kid.  She's makin nice with him (ugh)
- Tom Collins.  He's just irritating.  The drunk version of Jim Lahey was also irritating, but really funny.

sexian

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2007, 05:22 PM »
"it's quite a step up in the world from banging lahey and randy to banging julian"

"well that's a weird thought, ricky"

tellkyle

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2007, 05:55 PM »
1.  I thought the tom collins character was much more fleshed out this episode.  I really liked how the tone of voice and comment "High on marijuana" told a lot about his character.

2.  It didn't look like the scene with Losco in Phil's van was done with blue-screen.  If that is the case then this is a really excellent technical shot.  Everything is perfectly in focus, and there is an extreme brightness difference between shooting inside the truck and filming the action outside at the same time.  I'm wondering if this is an advantage of HD*.   Think about it, you can't light the inside of the truck very brightly or you get reflections off the glass that block out the action going on outside (and an unnatural look).

*I think this has to do with being able to capture the brightness for pixels and not just the color although I could be wrong.  If you are able to capture brightness, you can make adjustments in only regions of the picture and balance everything out.
"Marijuana is the flame, heroin is the fuse, LSD is the bomb."
--Sgt. Joe Friday

'cuz both black and white are smokin' crack tonight  -- tupac amaru shakur

prdstrctn

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2007, 06:12 PM »
"it's quite a step up in the world from banging lahey and randy to banging julian"

"well that's a weird thought, ricky"

haha, one of my favorite lines of the episode. it looks like mike smith is about to start laughing as he says it.

the Cheesburger Walrus

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I'm afraid I must agree with Spawn on this.  While I did enjoy season 6, it wasn't TPB at its best, and 7 has been a big disappointment so far.  I haven't enjoyed an episode since the premiere.  While it looks like most of you would disagree, this is my criticism of the show. 

The cheeseburger thing used to be amusing, but they're overkilling it now.  It's funny for Phil and Randy to really like cheeseburgers, but it's like it's turned into a religion of sorts.  I'm hoping that the next episode will lay off the cheeseburger worship.

The other aspect of the show that seems to be getting this treatment is the use of Rickyisms.  I love them, I really do.  They're a great part of the show, but don't saturate the script with them!  Half the fun of a Rickyism is the placement.  Ricky will be talking normally (well, normally for Ricky) for most of the episode, then he'll mangle a word or term every once in a while.  Now it's like he can barely speak properly at all.  He always had trouble, but DAMN!  It's only funny in moderation.  On that point, I will give some credit to this episode for not overusing them, though we didn't see much of the boys anyway.

I guess my beef with the new direction of the show is that it seems imbalanced.  It's like they looked at what worked before, and blew those things up to be the main focus.  It's all well and good to have those things as a part of the show, but the content alone isn't everything, it's the way you dole it out.

nobody is forcing you to watch it. 

i thought it was fantastic.  reminded me of season 3 episodes.  tpb has never been about moderation.  this season truly is one of the best so far.  we've found out more about the characters we love then any other, imho.

shitty bill=win

jacob has gotten soooo much better now.  seems like he's a LOT more confident and comfortable with his role.  "We can do this boys."  the first time i saw him in this season i cringed at his acting, and now he makes me giggle.  i'm even starting to really get tom collins. 

it's funny, if this season was just like the others, revolving around cyrus getting out of jail and getting in gun fights with the boys over dope, people would come in here and complain it was losing it's edge.  mike c. totally took the show in some new directions this season, and it will really show the the fans from the posers.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I think i'm losing my fuckin' mind here cause I keep hearing my name in this season...

first its with the Kim Mitchell stuff... "Let's rock some Mitchell"... "What about the Mitchell and the liquor and drugs"... now this episode Randy said (what I heard) "Frozen Mitch vegetable cocks." lol

"I'm so fucked, I probably think this shit is about me, don't I, don't I, don't I?" ... heheh..

Isn't that a song? =P

anyway.. I probably need to lay off the dope for a coupla days.

peace. =)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:01 PM by Mitch Lahey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Nomecensus

• Whack MCs
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2007, 08:21 PM »
while the show has gone through some obvious style changes, especially that from a technical aspect, it has remained funny.

think of it this way: a great fucking band will put out a lot of songs, and albums, but not every one will be great ('transitional periods'). however, in between the so-so and the fantastic, will lay classic shit along the way ('the caveman always gets the girl'-sam losco).

one scene in particular was fantastic: this being the shot of lahey beginning to drink again. john dunsworth is a great actor. his facial expressions while beginning to meet his demons again bring a tear to the eye. barb has left him again, he is giving into his addiction, and beginning his relationship with randy again. nice shot, clattenburg. :6paper:
"That's only .75 cents. Terry, for fuck sakes!"--Jim Lahey.

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2007, 08:31 PM »
LOVED IT!!! 

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44 PM »
First reaction is I didn't care too much for this ep. I'm going to have to watch it again to see. I got kinda sad that Jimmy is back on the liqour. Maybe I'm in a downer mood but I didn't care for it. The Tom Collins character bugs me.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

kurzo

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29 PM »

And I have to agree with you -

Season 7 and the motion picture were in my opinion, total garbage...and a waste of time to watch.

I have been a die hard fan since ep 1 and have never waivered until this year. I honestly have a difficult time watching these new episodes, when I would rather watch old ones. This new season leaves me with the 'wtf' feeling at the end of every show and to be honest, I have had enough. I used to block off Sundays to make sure I caught both airings on showcase - now, I could care less if I see it fresh, I just download it if I don't happen to catch it on tv.

There is nothing ground-breaking anymore, its the same jokes that were ONCE funny, now only to be amplified, reused and passed off as new content. I am not sure how many seasons they are still committed to, but I would expect they are on the way out in a big way.

I do not consider myself a fan of seasons 7 & 6, but TPB from years gone by will always be in my memory as the funniest shit I have ever seen on TV. They should have did a Seinfeld and went out on top, rather than the mess it is forced to churn out now.

mshilton

• http://www.myspace.com/mshilton_7
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2007, 11:00 PM »
season 7 gets a poop sandwich from me.  what a letdown.
Belligerent Sexy

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2007, 11:07 PM »
If every season was the same ......people would bitch
If it evolves and characters change......people would bitch
If they cancelled the show , because they ran outta ideas the the "hardcore fans" were satisfied with......people would bitch
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ms Vee

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2007, 11:33 PM »
If every season was the same ......people would bitch
If it evolves and characters change......people would bitch
If they cancelled the show , because they ran outta ideas the the "hardcore fans" were satisfied with......people would bitch

I agree!
bitch bitch bitch bla bla bla bla bla bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bla bla bla bla bla bla bitch bitch

tyrowjames

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2007, 11:46 PM »
I'm glad to see fans since the beginning are finally realizing the disappointment of the past two seasons...it began to go downhill in Season 5, but even that had its small moments.

- Phil Collins was better as a side character, he's jus so annoying.
- Randy's outbursts...is this the side-effects of him always being baked...or is that how Randy jus "is" now?

- where are J-Roc and Tyrone?
- even though I hated them, what happened to the Meat Dicks?
- I hope Julian shoots Tom Collins...sorry Mikey, stay behind the scenes.

There is too much stuff going on! 

To all the people on here saying "don't watch it then/nobody is forcing you" to the members who are criticizing the show, you have to realize that, every episode, people like me have the little bit of hope, that it will be good and surpass the expectations that we may have.

I don't recall people bitching about the show before Season 6.

I agree with what someone said earlier, I DO NOT consider myself a fan of Seasons 6 and 7, and can re-watch Season 1-4 maybe 5, on constant rotation...back when it WAS the funniest shit on television.  It's all re-hashed now and certainly getting old really fast.

but here I am again, every Sunday nite, hoping it gets better.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Oh , there were plenty of Bitchers back when Season 4 aired......
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ms Vee

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11 AM »
I'm glad to see fans since the beginning are finally realizing the disappointment of the past two seasons...it began to go downhill in Season 5, but even that had its small moments.

- Phil Collins was better as a side character, he's jus so annoying.
- Randy's outbursts...is this the side-effects of him always being baked...or is that how Randy jus "is" now?

- where are J-Roc and Tyrone?
- even though I hated them, what happened to the Meat Dicks?
- I hope Julian shoots Tom Collins...sorry Mikey, stay behind the scenes.

There is too much stuff going on! 

To all the people on here saying "don't watch it then/nobody is forcing you" to the members who are criticizing the show, you have to realize that, every episode, people like me have the little bit of hope, that it will be good and surpass the expectations that we may have.

I don't recall people bitching about the show before Season 6.

I agree with what someone said earlier, I DO NOT consider myself a fan of Seasons 6 and 7, and can re-watch Season 1-4 maybe 5, on constant rotation...back when it WAS the funniest shit on television.  It's all re-hashed now and certainly getting old really fast.

but here I am again, every Sunday nite, hoping it gets better.

Would you like a little cheese with that whine?  :roll:
BTW did you know that "Phil" (along with others in the cast) reads this board every week?  He does have feelings you know!

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21 AM »
I must say phil collins is prolly the single best thing to happen to tpb, he is pure comedic gold in my oppinion, he's litterally had me in tears i was laughing so hard a few times this season. Infact the bit with the fish in the montecarlo in episode one of this season had me say " I hope we get more of him in this season" Whoever decided to put him in, bravo!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:24 AM by stopstearinatmygut »

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2007, 12:23 AM »
also randys outbursts are great: mooseballs, cinnamon cocks, alfred hitchcock, so classic and great.

tyrowjames

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24 AM »
I can imagine there were some bitchers when Season 4 aired, because thats when I started to raise an eyebrow...although I felt the Season 4 wasn't TOO BAD.

Yes, I know Richard Collins and other cast members read the board, and I'm not whining, I'm jus telling how I feel about the shows recent Seasons.  Many others on the board feel the same way.

I never said Phil was a BAD character.  I jus feel he was BETTER as a side character in the show..making random appearances...because I liked him then.  He jus doesn't fit into a main role in the show.

what can I say, it's tough being a minority on this board...

and wow, the word "classic" gets tossed around on this board too much.

"What The Fuck Happened To Our Trailer Park?" is classic...

Randy saying "MOOSE COCK!" is not.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:26 AM by tyrowjames »

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Randy saying "MOOSE COCK!" is not.

i beg to differ, as it is even funny in quotes.