Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 5  (Read 47599 times)

smokesletsgo

Re: Season 7 - Episode 5
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 03:03 PM »
i found the episode very good and funny i dont know what some of you are talking about. tom collins was shit ill give you that but still very good show.
what someone said about jacob taking the heat for julian great thinking
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4176/userbar310388ua8.gif[/img]

I wonder what this button will do?

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 03:03 PM »
Maybe Jacob couldn't handle the rum and coke, and ran into the swamp.  I doubt they're dead.  Maybe fucked in the arse by bears, but not dead.  Oh, and you can be sure as fuck that Conky will be coming up in that car when they pull it out.  Stupid fucking shite.

Refuse to rewatch this episode.

I'll be really dismayed if Conky makes a return...  Wasn't once bad enough? :(
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 03:08 PM »

Yes .... yes it was.  If Conky comes back I'll be VERY disappointed.  Can't watch this ep again ..... not yet.

Jarska

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 03:11 PM »

Yes .... yes it was.  If Conky comes back I'll be VERY disappointed.  Can't watch this ep again ..... not yet.
[spoiler]
in one of those "leaked" pictures from season 7 bubbles was with conky  :roll:[/spoiler]
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Dude, SPOILER!
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

2wenty6ix

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007, 03:23 PM »
After being an enormous fan of TPB since day #1, I have to say I was very disappointed with this episode.

Tom Collins is the lamest character to ever be introduced on this show. And as people said before... J-Roc? Roc Pile? Lucy? Sarah? DID WE FORGET THAT RICKY HAS A BABY ON THE WAY?! HELLOOOOOOOOO?!

I love this show with a passion, and the first four episodes were hilarious (especially the episode where they got rid of George and Ted, probably my most favorite to date) but what's with the lame meat store retards? Where is this going? I have a feeling it's going to be anticlimactic. It really hurts me to say that.

There were some definite plusses to this episode (DEE-EE-EE-CENT! :bubs:) but come on -- running a model train to the US? It's creative but absolutely retarded, even for this show, and not in a remotely good way.

Buck up Mike and Co., you can do better than this!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:28 PM by 2wenty6ix »

Jarska

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Dude, SPOILER!

oops, i did forget those spoiler tags  :P , sorry everyone  :)
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

aalong64

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Tom Collins is the lamest character to ever be introduced on this show. And as people said before... J-Roc? Roc Pile? Lucy? Sarah? DID WE FORGET THAT RICKY HAS A BABY ON THE WAY?! HELLOOOOOOOOO?!

I love this show with a passion, and the first four episodes were hilarious (especially the episode where they got rid of George and Ted, probably my most favorite to date) but what's with the lame meat store retards? Where is this going? I have a feeling it's going to be anticlimactic. It really hurts me to say that.

There were some definite plusses to this episode (DEE-EE-EE-CENT! :bubs:) but come on -- running a model train to the US? It's creative but absolutely retarded, even for this show, and not in a remotely good way.

Buck up Mike and Co., you can do better than this!

Although I really enjoyed the episode overall, I agree with pretty much 100% of what you said. The movie was also pretty anti-climactic, seeing as they'd previously done Freedom 35, the hash driveway, etc, all big plans, and then in the movie they just rob one of those donation things at the theater?!... I hope this isn't a new trend.
About the model train plan, when I was watching the episode, when one of the boys [Ricky?] said something like "oh I get it, we'll use the model train to sneak it across the border" I expected Julian to explain to him what the REAL plan was (involving a real train or something?), but it turned out that WAS the plan. :(

El Zeee

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007, 04:34 PM »
In my opinion, I liked it better then the last episode, I HATED the last episode. But this season, it seems like there is something missing, and I can't quite find out what it is but again, something is missing.

The Bad:
- The two Cory and Trevor knockoffs=GAY. The real Cory and Trevor are two characters that can't be replaced. So, Clattenburg and company....................get rid of them.
- Tom Collins, just a terrible actor, get him off the show ASAT (lol)
- What the fuck happened to J-Roc?!? Lucy!?! Sarah!!?? Ricky's baby!?!
............................what the fucks going on?

The Good:
In my opinion there really was no good things really. Sure, there were parts that made me chuckle, but there aren't any characters developing, or a solid storyline. Everything is kinda "On and Off".
Hopefully the rest of the season turns out to be bomb.

& Done.
El Zeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Yeah , if you can lay tracks across the border, why not just carry the weed across ? :?

Jim's looking at a promotion....perhaps the key to his promotion will be that he has to turn against the Boys? That could make for a Crazy TPB style season ending....
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

shake

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2007, 04:45 PM »
About the model train plan, when I was watching the episode, when one of the boys [Ricky?] said something like "oh I get it, we'll use the model train to sneak it across the border" I expected Julian to explain to him what the REAL plan was (involving a real train or something?), but it turned out that WAS the plan. :(

Ha ha I had the same thought, I had to watch the episode again to make sure I got it right. 

Vancouver

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2007, 05:09 PM »
"de-eee-cent!" is from somewhere...its a ripped off line, just like "ba-donk-a-donk".
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Shitty Liam

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Okay, this was my favorite episode of this season, so far anyway. I have a few things to say here, so bare with me.

First off, It wasn't another car in the swamp, it was a trailer, they were probably using it to carry the track. I don't think the meat dicks will last, they will use them for this job then get rid of them, I liked the fact that they pointed out that they couldn't replace Cory and the Trevster, they won't try.

I agree that Tom Collins was fucked and I was waiting for Jules to break his fuckin' nose. But it is setting us up for the boys to fuck him and Phil and possibly even Jacob over big time. As for Julian being nice and supporting Jacob's new look, like someone already said, its probably so he can take the blame if the police get Julian's description.

Some highlights:

- The water bong train.
 - Ricky taking control of the meat dicks, was fantastic.
 - "Julian, your big muscles"
 - Lahey talking about the "Quest for fire", caveman references are always fun.
 - The mustard cup had me crying with laughter.
"Life's not fair, Sam. This is real time, not cave time"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Yes , as a stoner , I gotta say , the Bong Train was cool .
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

CrazyCanuck

• Caravel Games - DROD
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I think the big reason people aren't liking this episode is the fact that in every other episode to date, they've managed to advance the plot while still having some kind of fun or mini plan to make the episode good.  This episode was strictly made for advancing the plot, and lacked the boys doing anything funny, suspicious, or illegal.  Of course, I would bet the farm that next week's episode will be fairly intense, funny, and make up for lost ground. 

And I fully agree that having the rest of the characters MIA does suck.  I hope they all start playing bigger parts soon.

the Cheesburger Walrus

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40 PM »
i think people on the internet are haters.  it was a long wait for me after the end of season six.  i wanted more.  more and more tpb.  if only a 30 second clip on youtube.  now that we finally get ten episodes of more, half of the people here complain.  i'm thoroughly enjoying this season as i have every other season.  it's been wonderful.  3 Good Men are Dead ruled.  clattenburg and wells ftw.

Refuckulator

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2007, 06:52 PM »
We're all here for the love of the show. The show took a very odd step in that episode and we noticed it. Just seems weird to us. We're just acknowledging that the show (at the moment) seems to be heading in the wrong direction. We may be wrong but that's how it looks and we know the show better than many people. We're not haters. We're lovers. Very disappointed and surprised lovers.

Vancouver

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2007, 07:02 PM »
YEAH WE ARE! LOVERS! just bein real.

i think people on the internet are haters.

now thats just silly :roll:
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

bradx

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2007, 07:16 PM »
i think tom collins is supposed to be someone you dont like.  just like sebastian bach is playing rock star douchebag.  phil collins gets on my nerves, he isnt believable as the father of those 2, at all.

also, usually ricky is a likeable asshole but in this episode he just seemed like an asshole. 

i still like the show but this was the worst episode so far this season.

maddog

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Conky will be back soon bubbles singing raveen and then last night the creapy swamp music i can't wait i love conky

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2007, 07:31 PM »
I actually kind of enjoyed it.  Yes, I agree that it was mainly for plot advancement or some such, but the little innuendo and background funny stuff was there:  Lahey copping a feel on Julian's man breast (who doesn't want to do that?); the song that Sam was singing had me giggling fairly hard; the hot guy pictures on Lahey's office walls.  I am sure there are more, but I will have to watch it again to see them for sure.  These are the things that I find funny and charming.  Good Stuff! :D

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2007, 07:32 PM »
I think Randy may have pissed himself again.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Refuckulator

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Phil having two extremely skinny kids is kind of funny I guess. I think that's the joke they are trying to make there.
Tom Collins doesn't belong though. Maybe if he was played by a relatively good actor not an over exaggerating shit basket weaver.

2wenty6ix

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Phil having two extremely skinny kids is kind of funny I guess. I think that's the joke they are trying to make there.
Tom Collins doesn't belong though. Maybe if he was played by a relatively good actor not an over exaggerating shit basket weaver.

weaving shit baskets with his shit wood in his shit shack.

stupid shit Tom Collins. :P

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2007, 07:40 PM »
I think Randy may have pissed himself again.
Fishy

Oh!  Randy was wearing capris!  What a tickle! :lol:  With big black socks.  What a statement.