Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 5  (Read 47624 times)

Drunk_As_Fuck

Re: Season 7 - Episode 5
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07 PM »
CONKYS HEAD WAS BLOWN OFF, REMEMBER.  HE CANT RETURN.  MARK MY WORDS.  I WILL BE POSTING ON MONDAY TO RUB IT IN.

Mind not yellin' ..... I've got a headache.

PS - new page for DAF - gotta rock me a lotto ticket ;)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Just rewatched it on Shitcase website.  Still brutal.  Phil's acting wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  I mean, his son is missing.  I can forgive him.  But Julian is making out to be a little bit pussier this ep.  He gives up the monte carlo, makes shit talk with Jim, gives away his rum to Jacob, and lets Tom Collins put his hands up in his face.

That's not the leadership skills I look for in a gang leader.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Just rewatched it on Shitcase website.  Still brutal.  Phil's acting wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  I mean, his son is missing.  I can forgive him.  But Julian is making out to be a little bit pussier this ep.  He gives up the monte carlo, makes shit talk with Jim, gives away his rum to Jacob, and lets Tom Collins put his hands up in his face.

That's not the leadership skills I look for in a gang leader.

I couldn't agree more.  Since when was Jules such a pushover?

Another thing I didn't care for:  Julian, Ricky & Bubbles pull up to Dartmouth Regional Vocational School and see those two dumbasses..... they're all like "those two are dummmmb!" and then Ricky says "Get them!" as in "recruit them".  Since when did Ricky ever have that kind of intelligence.  That's something that Julian would've said.

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2007, 01:39 PM »
people seem to be overly critical of this show, I don't get it, part of what makes trailerparkboys so good in my oppinion is they sometimes explore new ground while keeping up with older on going jokes. if you don't think a particular jokes funny that's cool, but the worst trailer parkboys is still better then 99% of all tv. And I think people need to lay off phil collins, I think he's the best part of season 7 so far. A lot of the jokes on this show seem to become funnier with time, each time i watch that sabastian bach episode it gets funnier "who's ready for some fucking trains" lol, same applies for collins. "you guys selling stolen meat?, want some makeral" or whatever that line was has me holding my side in pain. 

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2007, 01:48 PM »
Yes, it's better than a lot of shows out there, and I'm a fan, and I appreciate the chance to watch a new episode.

Smoke And Swear

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49 PM »
The show is changing to much for my likening, they seem to be working the U.S into the story lines. Also Phil Collins is a good member of the cast but in a VERY limited role, he's not a good enough actor to handle more then a bit part.

And who is this other son of Phil Collins? man this guy sucks!! If you look at the first 5 years of the show it was just great. It all revolve  around the trailer park now it seems since to movie things have changed and not for the better.

Come on boys don't go Hollywood on us!!!!! 

Mr Lahey

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Worst ever TPB episode so far. It was far too serious and the only thing that made me laugh was Randy trying to start up the lawnmower.

Tom Collins - wtf is that about? He has nothing funny about him and I can't understand the need for him

Phil Collins - I love this guy usually but he was too serious here. I really want the Phil/Randy cheeseburger van plot to develop

Lahey - He was a pivotal force in the other series and made the show what it is. He's just not funny when he is a sober policeman.

Sebastien Bach - Still don't know who this guy is and I don't care. The whole smuggling dope plot with toy trains to him is lame

I guess we should just be grateful that we have 5 series and a movie of one of the funniest shows of all time and forget that series 7 and that terrible hollywood movie were ever made.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2007, 08:20 PM »
each time i watch that sabastian bach episode it gets funnier "who's ready for some fucking trains" lol, 

:o :shock: :helpme:

Please back away slowly from the crack pipe..........
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

bradx

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2007, 09:12 PM »
sebastian bach was great in that episode.  the scorpions part had me laughing too loud.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Anyone else notice that Tom Collins looks like Orlando Bloom a little bit? Bubbles calls Phil Lord of the Onion Rings which makes me think it may be intentional. By the way, I didn't mind the Tom Collins character that much, I don't think the actor was horrible.

Upon a second viewing of the episode, I guess I knew what I was in for & I did laugh more than upon the first viewing. I'm still saving a more in depth analysis until I've seen the whole season.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

regulator

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2007, 09:26 PM »
well, I for one will be waiting for that post regulator.  I think that'll be the most anticipated day of the year. :D

lol.  Oh it will be made ! ! !  Maybe we can have a mini-party :D

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Just watched the ep again on Shitcase.  Like Melba I need to see how this whole seasons pulls together before I can get a real feel for it.  In the mean time ... wtf is with Bub's drinkin wine and Sam doin' the lounge singer gig lol.  That was some baaaaad singin' ;).  TWIW, I went to that bar in Dartmouth last summer and didn't even know it was a shoot location when I was there lol.

stonemaster

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Really didnt like the attempt to replace Cory and Trevor ,,, that was sad ... there's a different influence on the show now, behind the scenes, makes you take a second look at what MJ said particularly about the new producer.  season 7 started great, in my opinion, but last week sucked. And i watched it once drunk, and then again sober and still didnt like it, oh well I guess that leaves me one other test ... :6paper:

motox

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Hi Everybody from Quebec... just my 2 cents on the series. I think something is up, so far it has been a climax , first Cory and Trevor to the mental hospital, then Lucy pregnant of Randy and in fact breaking up with Ricky, then Randy breaking up with Mr Lahey, then Ray getting arrested an out of the picture, Officer Green in prison... it's like one demise after another. And the boys growing apart Bubbles becoming meaner and more independent ( where are the cats ? ), Julian weaker, Ricky smarter. Sounds like a big split on the horizon, maybe they will end the series a la kill bill with a huge shoot out ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:34 PM by motox »

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2007, 11:01 PM »
each time i watch that sabastian bach episode it gets funnier "who's ready for some fucking trains" lol, 

please pipe down with the wise cracks.

Ms Vee

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2007, 11:09 PM »

please pipe down with the wise cracks.

:rofl:

Snoopythefuckdog

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2007, 12:04 AM »

Sebastien Bach - Still don't know who this guy is and I don't care. The whole smuggling dope plot with toy trains to him is lame

He's the lead singer from The Scorpions.. Badass 80s band

bradx

« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2007, 12:25 AM »
i thought he was the guy from that canadian tv show.

SuperDave

« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Sorry guy he was the lead singer of  a band called Skid row  very popular in the 80s
and now he have is solo band
one of the best metal singer ever

knock knock whos there... Fuck off

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2007, 12:44 AM »

He's the lead singer from The Scorpions.. Badass 80s band

Nope, lead singer of Skid Row until 1999. The band is still currently together but he is doing solo stuff now along with touring with "Guns'N'Roses"
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Shit machine gun

« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2007, 06:00 AM »
I thought he was the host of Deal or No Deal, with a bald wig and a germ phobia.

2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

boyner

« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2007, 06:06 AM »
I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the last two, but hey. It did seem like there was more plot and not enough slapstick and I agree that Ricky came over as a bit too much of an asshole.

The way I see it, we're meant to be sympathetic to these guys, even though they are reckless criminal idiots but if all ricky does is act like a dick then it kind of erodes the sympathy a bit. If he keeps on that way a lot of people will be cheering for him to get fucked over which is not the way it should be imho.

I thought the Conky episode was amazing, really cracked me up. One of my favourites of all seasons, so I wouldn't mind if he came back.

Yeah the train thing is a bit fucked but when you think about it, not any more fucked than some of the other stunts they've pulled. Posting C&tT at the end of Season 4 for example.

This is still one of my fave shows and I can't wait until I get a chance to download the next episode.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Anyone else notice that Tom Collins looks like Orlando Bloom a little bit? Bubbles calls Phil Lord of the Onion Rings which makes me think it may be intentional. By the way, I didn't mind the Tom Collins character that much, I don't think the actor was horrible.

Upon a second viewing of the episode, I guess I knew what I was in for & I did laugh more than upon the first viewing. I'm still saving a more in depth analysis until I've seen the whole season.

I actually said this on page 5 of this topic.... I said he looks like Legolas from Lord of the Rings.
I didn't make the connection with that and the "Lord of the Onion Rings" bit..... maybe it was intentional.

Yes, I think he looks like Orlando Bloom

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Fuck , I loved the Scorpions ...in '84

"The bitch is hungry
She needs to tell
So give her inches
And feed her well"

:rofl: :rofl:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

maddog

« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2007, 12:47 PM »
we gotta see more Sebastien Bach and also don't ya think they should have Brain Vollmer on the show?